Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The undisclosed fee thing 02:12 - Jan 24 with 13273 viewsFalingeParka

Not really on is it? Discuss...

ColonelHall

The undisclosed fee thing on 21:59 - Jan 24 with 2054 viewsD_Alien

The undisclosed fee thing on 21:47 - Jan 24 by TVOS1907

Dunno. To be honest, I don't think transfer fees are any of my business as a fan, but I know others think differently. It certainly doesn't affect my 'support', as FP intimated about the situation.

Nor does it affect mine, although i have an instinctive dislike of secrecy where sporting interest is concerned

My take on FP's point about 'fan interest' is that dyed-in-the-wool fans are being denied a legitimate matter of interest whilst - perhaps more importantly - fans who aren't committed could see it as a further point of alienation. I know that when i was growing up, transfers such as the first £100k one (Tony Hateley) were the subject of a lot of debate and generated interest. That appears to have gone by the wayside now, and the game is most definitely the worse for it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The undisclosed fee thing on 22:05 - Jan 24 with 2032 viewsTVOS1907

The undisclosed fee thing on 21:59 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

Nor does it affect mine, although i have an instinctive dislike of secrecy where sporting interest is concerned

My take on FP's point about 'fan interest' is that dyed-in-the-wool fans are being denied a legitimate matter of interest whilst - perhaps more importantly - fans who aren't committed could see it as a further point of alienation. I know that when i was growing up, transfers such as the first £100k one (Tony Hateley) were the subject of a lot of debate and generated interest. That appears to have gone by the wayside now, and the game is most definitely the worse for it

I'd probably agree, but it's the norm nowadays - rightly or wrongly - so I don't understand why it keeps coming up for debate.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The undisclosed fee thing on 22:14 - Jan 24 with 2006 viewsD_Alien

The undisclosed fee thing on 22:05 - Jan 24 by TVOS1907

I'd probably agree, but it's the norm nowadays - rightly or wrongly - so I don't understand why it keeps coming up for debate.

Possibly due to having an instinctive dislike of norms!

The undisclosed fee thing on 22:18 - Jan 24 with 1992 viewsfitzochris

The undisclosed fee thing on 22:14 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

https://goo.gl/images/YZsS3x

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The undisclosed fee thing on 22:20 - Jan 24 with 1983 viewsTVOS1907

The undisclosed fee thing on 22:14 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

I could use that in the Normal Distribution!

The undisclosed fee thing on 22:25 - Jan 24 with 1972 viewsD_Alien

The undisclosed fee thing on 22:20 - Jan 24 by TVOS1907

I could use that in the Normal Distribution!

I hope it's compulsory in an educative sense!

The undisclosed fee thing on 22:26 - Jan 24 with 1967 viewsTVOS1907

The undisclosed fee thing on 22:25 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

I hope it's compulsory in an educative sense!

It's the norm...

The undisclosed fee thing on 22:30 - Jan 24 with 1955 viewsD_Alien

The undisclosed fee thing on 22:26 - Jan 24 by TVOS1907

It's the norm...

For those who're already committed...

Login to get fewer ads

The undisclosed fee thing on 23:38 - Jan 24 with 1887 viewsJames1980

Are transfer fees, nice to know, need to know or not really that important?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

The undisclosed fee thing on 23:42 - Jan 24 with 1887 viewsFalingeParka

Ha. You're all Paulie Walnuts. All you discuss on here is money one way and another, all KH talks about is budget, on every level everything about what RAFC does and who runs it and so on. So why not know, given that, how much Preston paid for Raff? What is so off? Christ, you're sideways on a bike to tell me that the answer is 'SACROSANT'.

ColonelHall

The undisclosed fee thing on 23:54 - Jan 24 with 1876 viewsFalingeParka

The undisclosed fee thing on 23:38 - Jan 24 by James1980

Are transfer fees, nice to know, need to know or not really that important?

Ace mate. No, the balance sheet ain't important, never has been, never has been a factor at all...

ColonelHall

The undisclosed fee thing on 08:28 - Jan 25 with 1746 viewsJames1980

The undisclosed fee thing on 23:54 - Jan 24 by FalingeParka

Ace mate. No, the balance sheet ain't important, never has been, never has been a factor at all...

The balance sheet can still be known without knowing specific details

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

The undisclosed fee thing on 08:37 - Jan 25 with 1734 viewsVivaDonaldo

The undisclosed fee thing on 23:54 - Jan 24 by FalingeParka

Do you have any reason to be concerned?

Do we have winding up petitions and CCJs lining up against us?

Ok so we've had a change in board, but we've always trusted our board and Keith Hill with steering this club in the right direction and to the best of their ability they've done that.

Football business throughout the country is done on an undisclosed basis and anything in the media or on forums is generally leaked or guesstimate.

You would argue the club should either break the contract by naming the figure or lose out on the transfer entirely by not agreeing to remain undisclosed (as is t the buying clubs wish)?

I can get the frustrations but just put it to one side. Put a figure on it for your own sanity if you like, but stop labouring a point that won't change.
The undisclosed fee thing on 14:09 - Jan 25 with 1646 viewsfinberty

The undisclosed fee thing on 08:37 - Jan 25 by VivaDonaldo

Do you have any reason to be concerned?

Do we have winding up petitions and CCJs lining up against us?

Ok so we've had a change in board, but we've always trusted our board and Keith Hill with steering this club in the right direction and to the best of their ability they've done that.

Football business throughout the country is done on an undisclosed basis and anything in the media or on forums is generally leaked or guesstimate.

You would argue the club should either break the contract by naming the figure or lose out on the transfer entirely by not agreeing to remain undisclosed (as is t the buying clubs wish)?

I can get the frustrations but just put it to one side. Put a figure on it for your own sanity if you like, but stop labouring a point that won't change.

Agree with all the above.

And finally: "We don't owe the IRS or any bank as far as I know..." betrays FP's knowledge of his subject. The IRS is the Internal Revenue Service, which is operated by the US, in the US.

I think FP might mean HMRC.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 14:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024