Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread 18:25 - Nov 20 with 23553 viewsjackharris

An Brief Introduction to the Official Swansea vs Norwich Match Thread

[Post edited 21 Nov 2018 19:41]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 16:53 - Nov 24 with 2941 viewsLoyal

Just cant score, loads of chances, lovely cross field passing, just not able to convert our hard work.
Not as bad as it looks.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 16:54 - Nov 24 with 2919 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 16:06 - Nov 24 by 34dfgdf54

For f*ck sake.

When we concede now it’s down to Mulder because Potter played Nordfeltd a few times as he wanted to see who he could rely on.

Mental supporters we have fair play. Norwich are a very, very good side at the level we are playing at, not an opinion, a fact.

Ill tell you whats mental, fans thinking every team is very very good and not considering ours to be the same.

I'm big enough to know when we get played off the park but today really wasn't that, it was a lot to do with what we did not them.

Constant fooking around with the keeper situation and a few other positions does not always help us, it didn't today .

They are a decent side, they are top on merit but this league there is nothing between the top 10 clubs .
The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 17:00 - Nov 24 with 2825 viewsymaohyd

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 16:54 - Nov 24 by icecoldjack

Ill tell you whats mental, fans thinking every team is very very good and not considering ours to be the same.

I'm big enough to know when we get played off the park but today really wasn't that, it was a lot to do with what we did not them.

Constant fooking around with the keeper situation and a few other positions does not always help us, it didn't today .

They are a decent side, they are top on merit but this league there is nothing between the top 10 clubs .

Agree completely.

Just find it all frustrating as we are clearly doing well but seem to be very unprofessional in terms of game management.

People will make big statements after today, that we are way behind...but we aren't.

What we are is very green (on and off the pitch) not clinical

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 17:06 - Nov 24 with 2742 viewsjasper_T

Oh dear.
The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 17:13 - Nov 24 with 2661 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 16:54 - Nov 24 by icecoldjack

We didn’t get played off the park, but we got defended off the park.
The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 17:22 - Nov 24 with 2585 viewsHighjack

They took the chances we gifted them. We didn’t take ours. It’s a story as old as time.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 17:24 - Nov 24 with 2567 viewstrinityann

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 17:13 - Nov 24 by LeonWasGod

We didn’t get played off the park, but we got defended off the park.

Fair play to Norwich, their pass and move was on a different level to ours. Never thought i would see us get outplayed like that this season. Norwich really showed up our weakness in centre midfield and Grimes is no left back.
The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 17:44 - Nov 24 with 2462 viewsAnotherJohn

Started off so well, but ended up well beaten. The most disappointing aspect for me was that we failed to score in the second half. A well-worked goal from open play seems beyond us at the moment.

Sailed through the Hafod on my way home. There seems to be noticeably less traffic this season - perhaps because of more kids in the crowd and a lower % of drivers?
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 18:06 - Nov 24 with 2341 viewsTim_Harry

They were clinical in the last third. We weren't. Every time that number 22 of theirs got anywhere near the ball they looked like they were going to score. They had one or two others that looked dangerous too.

Every time we looked like going forward they closed us down quickly and we had no answer.

Not a terrible performance as a whole, at least not as terrible as some will make out. But that number 22 was just too much for our back four to handle.
The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 18:18 - Nov 24 with 2286 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 17:24 - Nov 24 by trinityann

Fair play to Norwich, their pass and move was on a different level to ours. Never thought i would see us get outplayed like that this season. Norwich really showed up our weakness in centre midfield and Grimes is no left back.

They were very well organised defensively, didn't overcomplicate anything at the back. And then when they broke they did so with pace and excellent movement. And of course were very clinical.

Best team so far down here this season imo.

The only down side for me is that they're a bunch of cynical, cheating c*nts. Brick sh*thouses going down like they've been shot and then everyone trying to get players booked. C*ntish behaviour of the highest level. And then the time wasting. And there's an anti-football element to them. I'm not sure i'd want to watch that every week; it's all percentage based stuff. Effective though.

If they carry on like that they'll go up easily.
The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 18:29 - Nov 24 with 2227 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 18:06 - Nov 24 by Tim_Harry

They were clinical in the last third. We weren't. Every time that number 22 of theirs got anywhere near the ball they looked like they were going to score. They had one or two others that looked dangerous too.

Every time we looked like going forward they closed us down quickly and we had no answer.

Not a terrible performance as a whole, at least not as terrible as some will make out. But that number 22 was just too much for our back four to handle.

He was good wasn't he. And their number 18 bossed us (when he wasn't rolling around on the ground like a fairy).
The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 18:39 - Nov 24 with 2179 views3swan

Imo today’s result has just confirmed my thoughts on expectations for this season.
We are going to have a mixture of results due to the fact that we are basically a new first team squad heavily reliant on youth.
We have had periods of play in some games that things have clicked, and the football has been above this division. Strange enough Ipswich and Rotherham amongst them and we ended up with no points.
The team is still learning, it does take a period of a settled team to bring out the best and strengths of players.
In other games many positive moves have ended poorly due to wrong options being taken, or players not on the same wavelength. Hopefully time will improve on this aspect of play.
Luckily the faults and mistakes have not been critical due to the lack of quality in other teams.
Tonight both Fer and Bony have been criticised and I’m not here to defend them but both haven’t had a pre-season and injuries have had an effect.
Our defence has been given plaudits, but have got away with some poor performances due again to lack of quality in the opposition.
We can say that on our day with some targeted strengthening in January we could push for a play off place.
Putting aside the need for the squad to develop we do lack a leader on the pitch. Our senior players are not up to the task, but we have missed that player for a few seasons.
To add, our management team are new at this level and are also learning, and need to eliminate errors in team selection and game management.
As bad as the result was today, we are in a transition period, and there are signs that the future is more positive than negative, but let’s not pretend that there aren’t going to be more unpleasant results to come while the team continue to learn and improve.
The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 18:54 - Nov 24 with 2115 viewsjackrmee

When was there "constant fooking around with the keeper situation"?
All I saw was Nordfeldt have his chance (Mulder taking over for a few games while he was injured), then Mulder having his chance.
That's 2 planned changes and doesn't amount to fuking around, and definitely wasn't anywhere near constant.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 19:01 - Nov 24 with 2080 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 18:39 - Nov 24 by 3swan

Imo today’s result has just confirmed my thoughts on expectations for this season.
We are going to have a mixture of results due to the fact that we are basically a new first team squad heavily reliant on youth.
We have had periods of play in some games that things have clicked, and the football has been above this division. Strange enough Ipswich and Rotherham amongst them and we ended up with no points.
The team is still learning, it does take a period of a settled team to bring out the best and strengths of players.
In other games many positive moves have ended poorly due to wrong options being taken, or players not on the same wavelength. Hopefully time will improve on this aspect of play.
Luckily the faults and mistakes have not been critical due to the lack of quality in other teams.
Tonight both Fer and Bony have been criticised and I’m not here to defend them but both haven’t had a pre-season and injuries have had an effect.
Our defence has been given plaudits, but have got away with some poor performances due again to lack of quality in the opposition.
We can say that on our day with some targeted strengthening in January we could push for a play off place.
Putting aside the need for the squad to develop we do lack a leader on the pitch. Our senior players are not up to the task, but we have missed that player for a few seasons.
To add, our management team are new at this level and are also learning, and need to eliminate errors in team selection and game management.
As bad as the result was today, we are in a transition period, and there are signs that the future is more positive than negative, but let’s not pretend that there aren’t going to be more unpleasant results to come while the team continue to learn and improve.

Yep, absolutely nothing has changed, except maybe people expecting any different. Fer, Montero and (maybe, but my god he was dire) The Boner are impact players not starters. For looks fantastic against tired legs when he's fresh so keep him for that.

Narch sussed us today fair play. They had a look for ten minutes then pushed ten yards up the pitch, smothered the life out of us and quickly attacked with pace, particularly our left side. Then we gifted them two goals and the confidence change was evident - on both sides.

There might be more of that to come on Wednesday, but we could equally click, strut around and nail them. That's going to be our season I think.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 19:02]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 19:07 - Nov 24 with 2056 viewsmTORC1

We aren’t good enough for promotion this season.
It’s not the end of the world.
The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 19:26 - Nov 24 with 1983 viewsymaohyd

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 19:07 - Nov 24 by mTORC1

Yes

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 19:36 - Nov 24 with 1944 viewsphact0rri

Wish for once we could show some progress on actually being at all clinical... we had enough chances to be in the match even with the crap defence today. but we seem to always bounce off the goalkeeper week after week.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 19:37 - Nov 24 with 1941 viewslonglostjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 19:07 - Nov 24 by mTORC1

Of course not. For a newbie you are so perceptive. First rubishing the Trust and now an appeal to moderate expectations. 🤔

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 19:44 - Nov 24 with 1915 viewsplasjack

we gifted them 2 goals and did not have the rub of the green.
Still better things to come and a top six finish.
Ironically it was our senior players who let us down today.
The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:10 - Nov 24 with 1828 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 19:44 - Nov 24 by plasjack

Top six finish ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:11 - Nov 24 with 1823 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 19:44 - Nov 24 by plasjack

They have on more than one occasion this season too.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:24 - Nov 24 with 1777 viewsplasjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:10 - Nov 24 by Flashberryjack

Top six finish ?

Why not Mr negative.
The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:26 - Nov 24 with 1768 viewsA_Fans_Dad

We had more Possession, more Shots & more Corners, but as has been our problem for the last couple of years none of it translated to goals other than Dan's and he had quite a few shots.
The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:28 - Nov 24 with 1763 viewsBadlands

Can't agree on the comment about senior players who let us down today.
Rodon was all at seas from the kick off and after the first goal he went to pieces. He had a shocker and that affected Grimes (who improved in the second half).
Roberts was never in the game.
James had some nice runs but ultimately his crossing and final ball were appalling to the point I'd consider starting with Routledge on the wing.
Fulton was well.... Fulton. Never quite in the right place at the right time.
McBurnie ... lad needs some time in the under 23s . Not sure if it's under instruction but he seems to be everywhere except where you'd want the striker to be.
Celina proved too lightweight and telegraphed every pass and flick.
Hoorn had a poor game.
Fer had a poor game
Mulder didn't have much to do that he could be culpable for (not sure about 4th goal as players obscured the view).
Oslon and Naughton showed class and even Bony aged a couple of glimpses.

All in all we looked like if was game 38 no 18; tired, lacking urgency, no movement off the ball and very weak decision making.
Were Norwich good? They were well drilled and finished well but they won't be promoted on that showing.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:32 - Nov 24 with 1753 viewsplasjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Norwich City Match Thread on 20:28 - Nov 24 by Badlands

Can't agree on the comment about senior players who let us down today.
Rodon was all at seas from the kick off and after the first goal he went to pieces. He had a shocker and that affected Grimes (who improved in the second half).
Roberts was never in the game.
James had some nice runs but ultimately his crossing and final ball were appalling to the point I'd consider starting with Routledge on the wing.
Fulton was well.... Fulton. Never quite in the right place at the right time.
McBurnie ... lad needs some time in the under 23s . Not sure if it's under instruction but he seems to be everywhere except where you'd want the striker to be.
Celina proved too lightweight and telegraphed every pass and flick.
Hoorn had a poor game.
Fer had a poor game
Mulder didn't have much to do that he could be culpable for (not sure about 4th goal as players obscured the view).
Oslon and Naughton showed class and even Bony aged a couple of glimpses.

All in all we looked like if was game 38 no 18; tired, lacking urgency, no movement off the ball and very weak decision making.
Were Norwich good? They were well drilled and finished well but they won't be promoted on that showing.

So by your analysis the youngsters were at fault.?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024