Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vydra 14:02 - May 21 with 7186 viewsTheKirkyLife

Apparently we're favourite to sign him. Top scorer in the Championship last season, still 26.

If we're able to keep Bony and McBurnie then this guy will be a lethal addition to the strike force.
Vydra on 16:07 - May 21 with 1687 viewsjack247

Vydra on 15:46 - May 21 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah, and top scorer last time out. Would be a signing of real intent and one I wouldn't have imagined us making under the current regime once we got relegated.

It’s one I don’t imagine us making now to be honest. Make all the right noises then fail to agree terms.
Vydra on 16:09 - May 21 with 1674 views34dfgdf54

Vydra on 16:07 - May 21 by jack247

It’s one I don’t imagine us making now to be honest. Make all the right noises then fail to agree terms.

I can't see it myself.

We'll be offloading big earners before even trying to sign anyone of note. First thing's first, get a manager in place!
Vydra on 16:16 - May 21 with 1632 viewsjasper_T

Vydra on 16:05 - May 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Nonsense is NOT having one or more players who know where the back of the net is.
Because it doesn't matter what style you play they will never score enough goals to keep you up.
Ask Swansea City FC fans, they can tell you all about it, because they tried different styles of play and it didn't work.
And don't say they didn't create any chances, because they did.

Well yeah I agree that we were fcked without a reliable goalscorer. But at the same time you can't get one in and then not make an effort to play in a way that suits them.

You need both elements to be successful.
Vydra on 16:22 - May 21 with 1614 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Vydra on 16:16 - May 21 by jasper_T

Well yeah I agree that we were fcked without a reliable goalscorer. But at the same time you can't get one in and then not make an effort to play in a way that suits them.

You need both elements to be successful.

The classic example of what you say is Llorente and Sigi, Llorente did not do anywhere near as well at Spurs, because he is predominantly a Header of the ball now and they do not provide that service very well.
They are used to General purpose scorers, those that create chances and get on the end of balls etc like Son, Kane & Alli.
Give me any one of those instead of Llorente though.
Vydra on 17:23 - May 21 with 1477 viewsBarryTownSwam

My Derby supporting business partner states the Vydra to Swans rumour is a goer. Derby keen to sell as FFP has caught up on them and the chairman Morris refuses to keep on bank rolling them. Manager Rowett off to Stoke by all accounts and taking 2 or 3 players with him. Reckons Swans came in for Vydra last January transfer window and a deal was likely but Rams stopped the deal late on as they were chasing promotion at that point.
Had a conversation about Swans chances in Championship and the general feeling around Derby is that last season was 'shit or bust' chasing promotion, as it seems it was for a lot of clubs. Also reckons Swans are in a stable financial position to attract players IF we play good football. We not have much cash but we have more than most others !
Get things right over the summer, hit the ground running, and this may be a good chance to go up.
Vydra on 17:59 - May 21 with 1408 viewsFireboy2

Vydra on 17:23 - May 21 by BarryTownSwam

My Derby supporting business partner states the Vydra to Swans rumour is a goer. Derby keen to sell as FFP has caught up on them and the chairman Morris refuses to keep on bank rolling them. Manager Rowett off to Stoke by all accounts and taking 2 or 3 players with him. Reckons Swans came in for Vydra last January transfer window and a deal was likely but Rams stopped the deal late on as they were chasing promotion at that point.
Had a conversation about Swans chances in Championship and the general feeling around Derby is that last season was 'shit or bust' chasing promotion, as it seems it was for a lot of clubs. Also reckons Swans are in a stable financial position to attract players IF we play good football. We not have much cash but we have more than most others !
Get things right over the summer, hit the ground running, and this may be a good chance to go up.

I do hope you are right BS
Vydra on 17:59 - May 21 with 1407 viewsPrivate_Partz

Vydra on 14:02 - May 21 by 34dfgdf54

Would be an unbelievable signing at this level.

Shows we mean business aswell if we pull it off.

If we pull it off. We have had many stories like this that turn out to be bullish!t.
Derby in financial difficulty and selling the family silver? If this is the case why would a player in great demand come to club like this without a manager.
I will be very surprised if this comes off.
Stop the Olympic standard dithering as usual Huw and pull your effing finger out and get a manager in first!

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Vydra on 18:38 - May 21 with 1349 viewsBarryTownSwam

Majority of players are away on holiday. Can’t imagine there will be much business (in or out) confirmed by majority of clubs just yet
Login to get fewer ads

Vydra on 18:43 - May 21 with 1331 viewsTheKirkyLife

Vydra on 17:23 - May 21 by BarryTownSwam

Nice to see evidence backing up the odds for one. Vydra has been a bit of a Jerome type where he's thrived in the Championship but struggles at Premier League level. Regardless it's the Championship we're playing in next year so would be exciting to see him replacing Abraham/Bony.

Any idea about the price he attracted last year? Any ideas about this year?
Vydra on 19:02 - May 21 with 1274 viewsJonathans_coat

Vydra reminds me of Jason Scotland, but with pace.
Vydra on 19:10 - May 21 with 1233 viewsPrivate_Partz

Vydra on 18:43 - May 21 by TheKirkyLife

Nice to see evidence backing up the odds for one. Vydra has been a bit of a Jerome type where he's thrived in the Championship but struggles at Premier League level. Regardless it's the Championship we're playing in next year so would be exciting to see him replacing Abraham/Bony.

Any idea about the price he attracted last year? Any ideas about this year?

Indeed. I hope I am proved wrong and this player sighs and is a hit with our new Head Coach.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024