Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa 17:40 - Nov 25 with 7897 viewsTheFranchise

So after a difficult first 30 minutes, I thought he settled well.

We had a lot more tempo today, maybe it was a coincidence.

I thought he played well.
Roque Mesa on 07:46 - Nov 26 with 1470 viewsjack247

I thought he had a quietly good game. Didn’t do anything spectacular, started slowly but grew into the game. A few soft free kicks for pushing opponents from behind, but no major clangers.

He certainly gives us drive and tempo that has been missing. I don’t think it’s a coincidence Carroll had one of his better games when Mesa was alongside him. I know Bournemouth weren’t very ambitious, but how often did we see us pass backwards from the frontline, through midfield and back to the centre backs or Fab yesterday? It was coming back to Mesa and Carroll, then going forward again. Having that type of player in the team is as important to our balance than anything he did himself.

Bony was the main difference between yesterday and our recent performances though.
Roque Mesa on 10:33 - Nov 26 with 1377 viewsTheResurrection

Roque Mesa on 07:46 - Nov 26 by jack247

I thought he had a quietly good game. Didn’t do anything spectacular, started slowly but grew into the game. A few soft free kicks for pushing opponents from behind, but no major clangers.

He certainly gives us drive and tempo that has been missing. I don’t think it’s a coincidence Carroll had one of his better games when Mesa was alongside him. I know Bournemouth weren’t very ambitious, but how often did we see us pass backwards from the frontline, through midfield and back to the centre backs or Fab yesterday? It was coming back to Mesa and Carroll, then going forward again. Having that type of player in the team is as important to our balance than anything he did himself.

Bony was the main difference between yesterday and our recent performances though.

Good post.

That was Mesa's first game in yonks and the quality is there. That type of player always does the unseen, hard work very well.

An excellent game on the whole from the boy.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Roque Mesa on 12:02 - Nov 26 with 1314 viewsnantywatcher

Roque Mesa on 10:33 - Nov 26 by TheResurrection

Good post.

That was Mesa's first game in yonks and the quality is there. That type of player always does the unseen, hard work very well.

An excellent game on the whole from the boy.

The Res
I always enjoy your posts and your reading of the game is not usually far off, but wow have you got this one well and truly wrong. I studied him carefully on and off the ball throughout the game yesterday (I want him to be a success) and he was awful. And "hard work" - that is one thing you definitely don't get with him. Add on the ridiculous free kicks he gave away, the cowardly kick of an oppsition player lying on the floor which deserved a red card. There's always the next game to turn it around, but at the moment he looks like a League 1 player (Grimes Mk 2 in fact)
Roque Mesa on 12:11 - Nov 26 with 1295 viewstrampie

Mesa what does he bring to the team that others don't ?, is he know for defence splitting passes ?, breaking into the box to support the strikers ?, scoring goals ?, creating goals ?
[Post edited 26 Nov 2017 12:16]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Roque Mesa on 12:14 - Nov 26 with 1289 viewsTheResurrection

Roque Mesa on 12:02 - Nov 26 by nantywatcher

The Res
I always enjoy your posts and your reading of the game is not usually far off, but wow have you got this one well and truly wrong. I studied him carefully on and off the ball throughout the game yesterday (I want him to be a success) and he was awful. And "hard work" - that is one thing you definitely don't get with him. Add on the ridiculous free kicks he gave away, the cowardly kick of an oppsition player lying on the floor which deserved a red card. There's always the next game to turn it around, but at the moment he looks like a League 1 player (Grimes Mk 2 in fact)

I completely disagree.

He did give 2 free kicks away which were totally needless and he's got that Spanish temperament. I've got no problem with that, we could do with a nastier, more streetwise type.

I also studied him as I've been banging on about him for months and was desperate for him to start. I don't know what you or anyone else was expecting from him yesterday after he'd be frozen out for so long, but Jesus mate, he even had Clement complimenting him.

He's got the technique to keep our tempo up and flow going and he's the type of player that makes others around him up their game. He's also a voice on the pitch and a competitor. He grew and grew as the game went on and bossed the midfield from 30 onwards. Your stick and the other guy is so way off and completely unwarranted. I just don't get it, and you of all people. Why give the mugs on this site a chance to victimise him?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Roque Mesa on 13:04 - Nov 26 with 1248 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa on 12:14 - Nov 26 by TheResurrection

I completely disagree.

He did give 2 free kicks away which were totally needless and he's got that Spanish temperament. I've got no problem with that, we could do with a nastier, more streetwise type.

I also studied him as I've been banging on about him for months and was desperate for him to start. I don't know what you or anyone else was expecting from him yesterday after he'd be frozen out for so long, but Jesus mate, he even had Clement complimenting him.

He's got the technique to keep our tempo up and flow going and he's the type of player that makes others around him up their game. He's also a voice on the pitch and a competitor. He grew and grew as the game went on and bossed the midfield from 30 onwards. Your stick and the other guy is so way off and completely unwarranted. I just don't get it, and you of all people. Why give the mugs on this site a chance to victimise him?

The answer to your question in your final sentence.

Because he’s Leon’s replacement.
Roque Mesa on 13:10 - Nov 26 with 1239 viewsnantywatcher

I completely disagree.

"bossed the midfield" - not even close.
" the type of player that makes others around him up their game" - too damn true, but not for the reason you're suggesting.
However I totally agree with your closing comment; I hate the negativity shown towards our players on here, ( I thought both our full backs were very good yesterday) so I will keep my thoughts on Mesa to myself in future, and hope that he comes good.
Roque Mesa on 13:46 - Nov 26 with 1206 viewsDafyddHuw

Roque Mesa on 20:49 - Nov 25 by Flashberryjack

I don't think he's shagged my misses, but I don't think he had a very good game as well, better than his last game, granted.

I know £11 million doesn't get you much these days, but he looked nowhere near a £11 million player.

SHagged your misses?
How the fùck does that work then? What did he do to your hits?
Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa on 19:37 - Nov 26 with 1119 viewsskettyparkherbert

I completely disagree.

Bossed the midfield from 30 onwards.

I must have been watching a different game, i thought he was bang average but no less than the other midfielders that have played recently.

I would deffo give him another 3 or 4 more games to get him up to speed and grow his confidence too.

Mike VDH also did well too.

One thing we need to improve on is getting quicker to the 2nd ball, we are always 2nd to the 2nd ball and it vitally dictates possession.

Bony wins the header, Mawson wins the header or the challenge but we are very slow to the 2nd ball
Roque Mesa on 19:46 - Nov 26 with 1105 viewsItchySphincter

Roque Mesa on 12:02 - Nov 26 by nantywatcher

The Res

So you wen to the game and spent the whole time studying Roque Mesa?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Roque Mesa on 20:13 - Nov 26 with 1066 viewscastlejack

Roque Mesa on 18:54 - Nov 25 by DJack

Aye. Tenacious bugger wasn't he!

He is. Definitely should be in starting 11 going forward.

Annoyed we’ve wasted almost half the season not playing him.

Think he will get much better with more game time. Go Roque!!!!

Poll: Next Swans manager

Roque Mesa on 21:11 - Nov 26 with 1026 viewsTheResurrection

Roque Mesa on 19:37 - Nov 26 by skettyparkherbert

Bossed the midfield from 30 onwards.

I must have been watching a different game, i thought he was bang average but no less than the other midfielders that have played recently.

I would deffo give him another 3 or 4 more games to get him up to speed and grow his confidence too.

Mike VDH also did well too.

One thing we need to improve on is getting quicker to the 2nd ball, we are always 2nd to the 2nd ball and it vitally dictates possession.

Bony wins the header, Mawson wins the header or the challenge but we are very slow to the 2nd ball

Yeah that's right, he did.

Because, you see, they were the better football team in the first period and we struggled to get on the ball, they were the dominant force but without really hurting us. They did get a sight of our goal which was a let off but not much else.

Then......

Then............... Mesa started to grow into the game and got no the ball an awful lot more and the dominance shifted from them to us. If you look at the stats from 30 minutes to 70 you will see this at its most prevalent.

Eddie Howe acknowledged this and stated it wasn't a tactic to drop off, they wanted to keep their dominance of the ball, they just couldn't....

So why....... ? And there was only one game to watch, the one that played out in front of us where all this actually happened. When a team starts getting on the front foot there's normally a very good reason, and that's they start winning the midfield battle, to springboard attacks from. Possession is something we've been lacking of late and the period aforementioned we totally and utterly bossed.

More of this possession, more dominance of the ball, more platforms to build attacks from is exactly what we need. Mesa can play a big, big part in that.

Hope that helped 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024