Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some balance and calm ... ? 11:48 - Dec 11 with 2215 viewsswanseajack4eva

The margins between winning and losing at this level are small - there is little to choose between most teams in the bottom half of the premier league. Success comes from factors including leadership, confidence, belief, momentum, getting the basics right, and having something extra at key moments in games.

We know we have challenges ... Bradley has made naïve team selections and substitutions before yesterday ... but most or our starting squad is competitive in this league. Hopefully Bradley can learn fast and listen to Curtis and others around him. There were signs of that yesterday. He deals with the media pretty well.

We have turned in some dire team performances this season - and some individual players have had shockers - but players like Llorente and Montero and others are not "shit" as some people think ... their combination for the third goal yesterday was top class.

We could clearly use a few new players to improve quality and competition for places, and relieve the burden on Sigurdsson. At the same time Fulton and Barrow and Kingsley are coming through and I think we would all agree have come on significantly from a year ago.

For sure forums like this are the epicentre of negativity and doom, but lets keep some balance and calm ... beating Sunderland was a very good result ... achieved through the right team selection and very good team performance ... it is idiotic to dismiss this result as "nothing because it was Sunderland" given they just won three of their last four games. Other teams can only play as well as you let them.

We have many tough games ahead and we will remain at the bottom if we do not build on yesterday and the passing football we saw again (thanks Leon). I've been at about half the games this season, many away, and from this know it will be a long hard season ... but lets show some balance and calm ... there are many shades of grey between the polar extremes of 100% great and 100% crap ... we need to be above the 50% mark towards great.

Onwards and forwards to West Brom ... the trip to Burnley back in August seems like a long time ago ... time for another away win.

In the background we of course have the challenge of the club ownership and the damage done by the sellouts. Most of us cannot yet influence that much. A revamped Supporters Trust is probably the best way forward with legal action once the objectives are well defined. But we can get fully behind the team in each game, as yesterday. Lets do it.

Some balance and calm ... ? on 12:09 - Dec 11 with 2186 viewsTheResurrection

Some absolutely pathetic points in there. Crediting Curtis with yesterday's win but not blaming him for the previous poor performances. Fack off is it?!

And Leon has started a few games. Yesterday he was inspirational but 3 or 4 games ago we were glad to drop him.

Also yesterday turned on a penalty decision we never normally get. That and the corner we never ever score from.

Believe you me, yesterday could have been so much different, it's not as if we've just hit on the magic formula.

But your points about small margins and what any team needs to win matches everyone should agree with. Confidence and team spirit will be everything where we are. Then belief and courage. Bradley's been given one hell of a job, if anyone doesn't believe that they're being disingenuous, and he has come under some ridiculously harsh criticism, but he's going along alright.

We need to get behind him and the team, fully.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Some balance and calm ... ? on 12:13 - Dec 11 with 2173 viewsswancity

Some balance and calm ... ? on 12:09 - Dec 11 by TheResurrection

Some absolutely pathetic points in there. Crediting Curtis with yesterday's win but not blaming him for the previous poor performances. Fack off is it?!

And Leon has started a few games. Yesterday he was inspirational but 3 or 4 games ago we were glad to drop him.

Also yesterday turned on a penalty decision we never normally get. That and the corner we never ever score from.

Believe you me, yesterday could have been so much different, it's not as if we've just hit on the magic formula.

But your points about small margins and what any team needs to win matches everyone should agree with. Confidence and team spirit will be everything where we are. Then belief and courage. Bradley's been given one hell of a job, if anyone doesn't believe that they're being disingenuous, and he has come under some ridiculously harsh criticism, but he's going along alright.

We need to get behind him and the team, fully.

Where has he credited Curtis with the win?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Some balance and calm ... ? on 12:40 - Dec 11 with 2136 viewsTheResurrection

Some balance and calm ... ? on 12:13 - Dec 11 by swancity

Where has he credited Curtis with the win?

In the OP mate

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Some balance and calm ... ? on 13:30 - Dec 11 with 2043 viewsswancity

Some balance and calm ... ? on 12:40 - Dec 11 by TheResurrection

In the OP mate

Not so much as giving Curtis the credit though. More accepting that AC has a lot to offer in terms of guidance and advice having worked alongside these players for a long time in some cases.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Some balance and calm ... ? on 14:01 - Dec 11 with 2000 viewsTheResurrection

Some balance and calm ... ? on 13:30 - Dec 11 by swancity

Not so much as giving Curtis the credit though. More accepting that AC has a lot to offer in terms of guidance and advice having worked alongside these players for a long time in some cases.

That's not how it reads.

I'd bet Curt was behind the false 9 idea, I think they work as a team, the 3 of them.

But some fans only want to credit Curtis with the positives and blame Bradley for the negatives.

Some balance and calm ... ? on 14:11 - Dec 11 with 1975 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Some balance and calm ... ? on 14:01 - Dec 11 by TheResurrection

That's not how it reads.

I'd bet Curt was behind the false 9 idea, I think they work as a team, the 3 of them.

But some fans only want to credit Curtis with the positives and blame Bradley for the negatives.

No, that IS how it reads, that is not how you read it, because that is what you want to read in to it.
To the rest of us it read that Curt and the rest of the management team offer some good advice and Bradley would do well to learn from it, along with his previous errors.
Some balance and calm ... ? on 14:23 - Dec 11 with 1935 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Pen to us at 0-0 and we win 3-0

Pen against us at 0-0 and we lose 5-0

Could be something in these margins.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Some balance and calm ... ? on 14:29 - Dec 11 with 1915 viewsTheResurrection

Some balance and calm ... ? on 14:11 - Dec 11 by A_Fans_Dad

No, that IS how it reads, that is not how you read it, because that is what you want to read in to it.
To the rest of us it read that Curt and the rest of the management team offer some good advice and Bradley would do well to learn from it, along with his previous errors.

That's how you choose to interpret it because you're just a bit twp.

Laughable how you can only credit Curt with the positives and Bradley should listen to him.

It really is so pathetic, small minded and downright stupid to think like that. Suits you though.

What if you found out it wasn't Bradley that came up with the false 9?

Login to get fewer ads

Some balance and calm ... ? on 14:30 - Dec 11 with 1907 viewsnierika

Getting the opening goal is so important
Some balance and calm ... ? on 14:39 - Dec 11 with 1893 viewsCarregGlas

Some balance and calm ... ? on 14:01 - Dec 11 by TheResurrection

That's not how it reads.

Calm down, that is how I read it!
OP isn't giving credit to AC just that BB will get more from considering everyone of the coaching team. And I agree with you, I also think the coaching staff work as a team and that is how it should be.
You and OP make valid points, come on lads, stick together.
Some balance and calm ... ? on 15:08 - Dec 11 with 1843 viewsTheResurrection

Some balance and calm ... ? on 14:39 - Dec 11 by CarregGlas

Calm down, that is how I read it!
OP isn't giving credit to AC just that BB will get more from considering everyone of the coaching team. And I agree with you, I also think the coaching staff work as a team and that is how it should be.
You and OP make valid points, come on lads, stick together.

That doesn't make sense unless you think Bradley has only started to do this before the Sunderland game.

He's been doing it throughout but Curt has never come in for criticism before so why should he be even mentioned now.

It's just that some prick's can't bear to give Bradley any credit so this is the best they can come up with.

Mugs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024