Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One of the worst performances in years?! 19:47 - Aug 20 with 15582 viewsymaohyd

Well that's my take on it.

First of all, well done Hull and Mike Phelan, had a game plan, stuck to it, didn't deserve to win, but that's football...Chwarae Teg.

Yes we passed the ball around ok, but absolutely clueless from Guidolin. Completely out coached by Phelan.

I think all of us pre game would have predicted Hull adopting the tactics they did, no surprise. To adopt tactics with a slow, pedantic approach approach....crap.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

One of the worst performances in years?! on 00:40 - Aug 21 with 1890 viewsKingBony

One of the worst performances in years?! on 21:56 - Aug 20 by Flashberryjack

Of course opinions differ, and I respect yours. I just find it odd that we have watched the same game, and you thought Llorente held the ball up well, and I thought he was dreadful.
Just as you feel my comment that Gomis was the better of the two strikerS was OTT.

Sincerely hope you're right, because if you're wrong we're f*cked

calm down petal

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

One of the worst performances in years?! on 04:19 - Aug 21 with 1826 viewsLoyal

One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:10 - Aug 20 by Flashberryjack

Guts sucked out of them by a bunch of overpaid, gutless, sub standard team of uselessness. You kinda lose the will to motivate yourself when you see the team you support couldn't give a f*ck, and are more concerned about the colour of their next Ferrarri .

And some people want to blame the crowd.......I honestly give up.

You should be awarded 7 up arrows 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

One of the worst performances in years?! on 05:40 - Aug 21 with 1818 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Sure there is blame for Guidolin because he seemed outcoached today, but the carbon bodies on the pitch shouldn't be neglected their share of it.

At least most of those same players had better days at Turf Moor, home of that club that kicked Pool's ass with a similar strategy to the one that Hull bitch slapped us with yesterday.

Fernandez has to be upgraded. Maybe he can be depth with Van der Hoorn, but he never does his natural talent any justice. Even besides the fact that the dude would figure out a way to miss the water if you placed the ball on a small boat, and on a tee.

The silver lining that needs to come out of yesterday is a loosening of the purse strings before then end of the month. Just maybe our new CB might be someone they would have considered a little too pricey, if we don't suck v Hull. If so, then the timing was perfect, at least.

One of the most disappointing things I've noticed this season so far is that Mo has a pretty small gas tank for his age. That's going to limit our strategy.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2016 5:47]

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

One of the worst performances in years?! on 05:48 - Aug 21 with 1812 viewsAussieSwan

Unfortunately performances like these give ammunition to those who want to write us off as strong relegation candidates

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

One of the worst performances in years?! on 06:20 - Aug 21 with 1796 viewsTummer_from_Texas

One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:10 - Aug 20 by Flashberryjack

Guts sucked out of them by a bunch of overpaid, gutless, sub standard team of uselessness. You kinda lose the will to motivate yourself when you see the team you support couldn't give a f*ck, and are more concerned about the colour of their next Ferrarri .

And some people want to blame the crowd.......I honestly give up.

Seemed like there was decent atmosphere in the first half.

I know the guys on NBC pointed out how dead it was, but that was somewhere around 75', by which point they'd sucked the life out of everything. No blame to the fans for that.

Be proud there wasn't any audible booing at the end.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

One of the worst performances in years?! on 06:34 - Aug 21 with 1784 viewsTummer_from_Texas

One of the worst performances in years?! on 21:08 - Aug 20 by Flashberryjack

6 or 7 games playing like that and we will be relegated, "holds the ball up well" what game did you watch today?
Hull's center backs had him in their pocket for 90 minutes.

Physically fit ? we've just paid £5 million for him, the least I'd expect that he'd be physically fit, even if not match fit, and if was neither, then maybe he shouldn't have been on the field for 90 minutes.

Unfortunately, £5m doesn't often get you even half the way to a decent striker at this level, any more.

Remember, we paid the exact same amount to buy Eder to back up Gomis. If he retires tomorrow, Llorente has already surpassed the return on investment we got out of last summer's awesome striker search, just at Turf Moor alone.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2016 6:40]

POTY 2015

One of the worst performances in years?! on 06:45 - Aug 21 with 1775 viewsJackfath

One of the worst performances in years?! on 06:20 - Aug 21 by Tummer_from_Texas

I know the guys on NBC pointed out how dead it was, but that was somewhere around 75', by which point they'd sucked the life out of everything. No blame to the fans for that.

There was booing at the end.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One of the worst performances in years?! on 06:57 - Aug 21 with 1769 viewsDDCH

It had all the feel of a friendly. The team was disinterested and that apathy spread to the crowd. Why he didn't bring dyer on earlier I don't know, at least he is known for trying to score. Left feeling despondent and frustrated

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Login to get fewer ads

One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:05 - Aug 21 with 1639 viewsymaohyd

Looking at some of the posts, I still think in context it was one of our worst performances for years.

This wasn't a mid season dip, taking into account fatigue, loss of confidence etc. This was the first home game of the season, an excellent away win last week and a wonderful opportunity to get 6 points on the board against of all people Hull.

All of us on here would have written the script on how Hull would have played. 11 men behind the ball and try and catch us on the counter attack.

Was it me, but did every time they attack look dangerous?

We didn't have the brilliance of a Hazard or Ibra to deal with just very ordinary journey footballers who did their club proud.

At the start of the season there would have been very big question marks about Guido. Without a shadow of doubt he deserved his chance after the results of last season, however very few of us at one stage wanted him to be kept on, how much credence can we put on the excellent results towards the end? A hungover West Ham, Liverpool with their eye on the Europa final etc.

With his experience I expected a lot more from him yesterday. It was almost like a classic Italian chess game from Hull which should have seen him in his element. It was clear that our approach was far too slow and pedantic, his post match comments seem to highlight that, why didn't he do something at half time?

One swallow doesn't make a summer, but worrying times.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:10 - Aug 21 with 1630 viewsA_Fans_Dad

One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:05 - Aug 21 by ymaohyd

Looking at some of the posts, I still think in context it was one of our worst performances for years.

This wasn't a mid season dip, taking into account fatigue, loss of confidence etc. This was the first home game of the season, an excellent away win last week and a wonderful opportunity to get 6 points on the board against of all people Hull.

All of us on here would have written the script on how Hull would have played. 11 men behind the ball and try and catch us on the counter attack.

Was it me, but did every time they attack look dangerous?

We didn't have the brilliance of a Hazard or Ibra to deal with just very ordinary journey footballers who did their club proud.

At the start of the season there would have been very big question marks about Guido. Without a shadow of doubt he deserved his chance after the results of last season, however very few of us at one stage wanted him to be kept on, how much credence can we put on the excellent results towards the end? A hungover West Ham, Liverpool with their eye on the Europa final etc.

With his experience I expected a lot more from him yesterday. It was almost like a classic Italian chess game from Hull which should have seen him in his element. It was clear that our approach was far too slow and pedantic, his post match comments seem to highlight that, why didn't he do something at half time?

One swallow doesn't make a summer, but worrying times.

Swansea has been incapable of playing heavy defending, counter attacking sides, we were the same last season and the season before.
The longer the game goes on the further up the field we push and the more chances is gives to the "breakaway attack".
You are correct that is worrying that we do not learn and especially did not learn from watching Hull the week before when the out Leicestered Leicester.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:12 - Aug 21 with 1625 viewsFlashberryjack

One of the worst performances in years?! on 06:34 - Aug 21 by Tummer_from_Texas

Unfortunately, £5m doesn't often get you even half the way to a decent striker at this level, any more.

Remember, we paid the exact same amount to buy Eder to back up Gomis. If he retires tomorrow, Llorente has already surpassed the return on investment we got out of last summer's awesome striker search, just at Turf Moor alone.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2016 6:40]

£5 Million should be able to buy you a physically fit player......Llorento looked every day of his 31 years.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:14 - Aug 21 with 1623 viewsjack247

One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:10 - Aug 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Swansea has been incapable of playing heavy defending, counter attacking sides, we were the same last season and the season before.
The longer the game goes on the further up the field we push and the more chances is gives to the "breakaway attack".
You are correct that is worrying that we do not learn and especially did not learn from watching Hull the week before when the out Leicestered Leicester.

With everyone fit and sharp I'm sure we would have won that in the first half. Especially when Gylfi and Llorente/Baston get used to playing together.

Makes you wonder why we gave the Euro players so much time off and such a short pre-season. I'm guessing we have looked at it and think they are less likely to get fatigued later in the season.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:14 - Aug 21 with 1622 viewscostalotta

One of the worst performances in years?! on 06:45 - Aug 21 by Jackfath

I was one of the last ones to leave the stadium and must admit i cannot recall any booing from our fans. There were some shouts of anger and frustration from a few but no booing.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:20 - Aug 21 with 1608 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The odd thing is that we actually use the same defend/breakaway tactic ourselves, we used it against Southampton, sneaking a goal, we used it against Arsenal and others and yet we don't appear to understand how to defend against it ourselves.
Let's not mention set pieces.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:24 - Aug 21 with 1589 viewsBloodyhills

I think we played a lot worse last year in the latter days of Monk. I remember games where we had no shots on target and created nothing, now that was grim. It seems that at the moment we are just off the pace but need to sharpen up quickly. If we have another couple of lacklustre performances like this then might be a bit more concerned.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:25 - Aug 21 with 1548 viewsexiledclaseboy

One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:08 - Aug 20 by lifelong

I thought we were OK in the first half and created enough chances to win the game, Siggy unlucky hitting the bar and Llorente missing a very good chance.

Second half we were dreadful.

That sums it up nicely for me.

Poll: Tory leader

One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:34 - Aug 21 with 1517 viewsicecoldjack

A crap performance and plenty of room for improvement but i think its fair to say early season prep with new players and those in the Euros hasnt helped us at all.

Llorente will need 6 games before he is up to speed and match fitness,Gylfi the same. Amat will need a consistant run of football to blend with flaky fernandez , Baston will need time to adjust.

Barrow and Montero are IMO 20 min wonders and not much more, there is a real under cooked feel about the time right now but its just the 2nd game.

As many others have said we always struggle in these types of games anyway, be it a mental drop off from the players or a lack of real class and patience to find a way through.

FG didnt do much wrong with selection or subs IMO, he tried to use what he had at his disposal but it just didnt come off.

Ki was poor but yet again he is another way under cooked for the start of the season.

All in all we looked like we were still in pre season, if we are still as patchy after 7/8 games then its gonna be a hard season.

Not too concerned TBH, i said in the match day thread this will be a difficult game and so it proved, we need an X factor player in games like this but we have far too many steady eddy types instead. Will we sign what we need? im not sure, Flaky fernandez looks like a huge waste
One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:42 - Aug 21 with 1500 viewsJackfath

One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:14 - Aug 21 by costalotta

I was one of the last ones to leave the stadium and must admit i cannot recall any booing from our fans. There were some shouts of anger and frustration from a few but no booing.

There was booing.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:44 - Aug 21 with 1499 viewsFlashberryjack

One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:14 - Aug 21 by costalotta

Believe me there was booing at the final whistle, I always stay and applaud the players off the field, and they normally give an acknowledgeable response, but yesterday they just trudged off down the tunnel, with the exception of Cork who gave a very muted clap to the remaining fans.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:49 - Aug 21 with 1492 viewsA_Fans_Dad

One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:34 - Aug 21 by icecoldjack

A crap performance and plenty of room for improvement but i think its fair to say early season prep with new players and those in the Euros hasnt helped us at all.

Llorente will need 6 games before he is up to speed and match fitness,Gylfi the same. Amat will need a consistant run of football to blend with flaky fernandez , Baston will need time to adjust.

Barrow and Montero are IMO 20 min wonders and not much more, there is a real under cooked feel about the time right now but its just the 2nd game.

As many others have said we always struggle in these types of games anyway, be it a mental drop off from the players or a lack of real class and patience to find a way through.

FG didnt do much wrong with selection or subs IMO, he tried to use what he had at his disposal but it just didnt come off.

Ki was poor but yet again he is another way under cooked for the start of the season.

All in all we looked like we were still in pre season, if we are still as patchy after 7/8 games then its gonna be a hard season.

Not too concerned TBH, i said in the match day thread this will be a difficult game and so it proved, we need an X factor player in games like this but we have far too many steady eddy types instead. Will we sign what we need? im not sure, Flaky fernandez looks like a huge waste

Couldn't agree more. One thing we do not and have not possessed is a Striker like Defoe or Vardy who is good at creating goals in crowded Penalty Areas.
Ayew was reasonably good at it, Bony was better at it than Gomis and Llorente appears to be.
I am not sure if Baston is that type of player either.
At the moment we are still playing predominantly high balls because Llorente appears to be a bit slow of foot, perhaps he will improve with more game time, but his age is against him.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:53 - Aug 21 with 1481 viewsjack247

One of the worst performances in years?! on 11:49 - Aug 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Couldn't agree more. One thing we do not and have not possessed is a Striker like Defoe or Vardy who is good at creating goals in crowded Penalty Areas.
Ayew was reasonably good at it, Bony was better at it than Gomis and Llorente appears to be.
I am not sure if Baston is that type of player either.
At the moment we are still playing predominantly high balls because Llorente appears to be a bit slow of foot, perhaps he will improve with more game time, but his age is against him.

He isn't going to be a nimble striker sho can turn on a sixpence and get a shot away before the keeper realises. What he will hopefully do, is hold the ball up, take defenders out and lay off intelligent balls for the likes of Gylfi to run onto. Plus provide an aerial threat of course.

The last player we had like that was Borini. Paloschi modelled himself on Inzaghi but didn't play like him.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 15:25 - Aug 21 with 1391 viewsTummer_from_Texas

One of the worst performances in years?! on 06:45 - Aug 21 by Jackfath

I'm sure there was some. Just saying it wasn't enough to be obvious on the broadcast, like you could have expected at a lot of places.

POTY 2015

One of the worst performances in years?! on 15:40 - Aug 21 with 1368 viewsJackBaston

One of the worst performances in years?! on 15:25 - Aug 21 by Tummer_from_Texas

I'm sure there was some. Just saying it wasn't enough to be obvious on the broadcast, like you could have expected at a lot of places.

Was ear deafening in the east
One of the worst performances in years?! on 15:48 - Aug 21 with 1355 viewsAnotherJohn

One of the worst performances in years?! on 06:20 - Aug 21 by Tummer_from_Texas

From where I was sitting the Jack Army was pretty loud in the first half. As the game kicked off I was thinking to myself that the East Stand was producing a really hearty rendition of Hymns and Arias. Admittedly the enthusiasm drained away towards the end, but I'd blame the performance rather than the crowd.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 17:20 - Aug 21 with 1276 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Siggy was the worst player on the pitch yesterday ,way off the pace .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024