Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Third Test Match 06:10 - Nov 1 with 4150 viewsTalkingSutty

Nothing changes...Pakistan win the toss and probably win the series.
Third Test Match on 08:35 - Nov 4 with 1185 viewsTalkingSutty

Third Test Match on 08:29 - Nov 4 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Sadly having a part time opener, wicketkeeper and 3 part time spinners will produce a predictable defeat!

When Jimmy retires and if Roots back problems continue, we really are a bit of a shambles!

Hard to argue with that.
Third Test Match on 10:37 - Nov 4 with 1135 viewsaleanddale

Third Test Match on 08:35 - Nov 4 by TalkingSutty

Hard to argue with that.

245 ahead... We need 3 wickets - quick!!

#toughfromhere
Third Test Match on 00:22 - Nov 5 with 1074 viewsDaley_Lama

I'm going to get this out there before the final day.

I'm prouder of England this series than i was when the ashes finished.

At worst we should be 1-1 heading into the final day but for bad light shenanigans, have had far fewer batting collapses or rushes of blood and have a slim chance of getting a series draw against a strong Pak side at home (i know) who won the toss x3 and batted x3

Poll: DF in or out

Third Test Match on 06:36 - Nov 5 with 1054 viewsTalkingSutty

Third Test Match on 00:22 - Nov 5 by Daley_Lama

At worst we should be 1-1 heading into the final day but for bad light shenanigans, have had far fewer batting collapses or rushes of blood and have a slim chance of getting a series draw against a strong Pak side at home (i know) who won the toss x3 and batted x3

Big car crash this morning.

Agree with a lot of that post, in general we have fought hard but losing the Toss kills you on those wickets.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 7:08]
Third Test Match on 06:58 - Nov 5 with 1049 viewsNigeriamark

Third Test Match on 00:22 - Nov 5 by Daley_Lama

I actually agree. The 3 lost coin tosses have immediately put us on the back foot. Lost the second test fair & square but winning the toss once in any of the 3 could have given us a fair shot at 1-1.

Still need to sort out an opener and number 3 though. we are often a lowish score for 2 down which then adds pressure on the middle order
Third Test Match on 08:28 - Nov 5 with 1031 viewsdingdangblue

Third Test Match on 06:58 - Nov 5 by Nigeriamark

I actually agree. The 3 lost coin tosses have immediately put us on the back foot. Lost the second test fair & square but winning the toss once in any of the 3 could have given us a fair shot at 1-1.

Still need to sort out an opener and number 3 though. we are often a lowish score for 2 down which then adds pressure on the middle order

Doesn't our 1st innings lead negate the loss of toss in this game? Just poor bowling in Pakistan's 2nd innings/dropped catches/missed stumpings and this collapse this morning.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Third Test Match on 11:06 - Nov 5 with 997 viewsNigeriamark

Third Test Match on 08:28 - Nov 5 by dingdangblue

Doesn't our 1st innings lead negate the loss of toss in this game? Just poor bowling in Pakistan's 2nd innings/dropped catches/missed stumpings and this collapse this morning.

To some degree yes, but not enough to negate that last day wicket. It's all ifs and buts, but if we had batted first we would probably have got a few more, and Pakistan a few less. We would have been the ones posting a score in the second innings and they would have been the ones batting last on that wicket. 2-0 makes it look relatively easy, but it was a bit closer than it suggests

Do agree with you on the poor bowling in the second innings. In fact another difference is that throughout the 3 games the worst 3 or 4 sessions were Englands, often undoing some good performances ( 2 e.g 2 session collapse in game 2)

All in all I would give the team 6/10 but 2 or 3 individuals need changing
Third Test Match on 11:23 - Nov 5 with 983 viewspioneer

eight runs combined from batsmen 2 to 6 cannot be explained away by losing a toss. Must be one ofthe worst middle order batting collapse in test match history.
Login to get fewer ads

Third Test Match on 11:27 - Nov 5 with 977 viewsdingdangblue

Third Test Match on 11:23 - Nov 5 by pioneer

eight runs combined from batsmen 2 to 6 cannot be explained away by losing a toss. Must be one ofthe worst middle order batting collapse in test match history.

Yes , even Stokes with 1 arm did better than that shambles.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Third Test Match on 11:30 - Nov 5 with 976 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Third Test Match on 11:06 - Nov 5 by Nigeriamark

To some degree yes, but not enough to negate that last day wicket. It's all ifs and buts, but if we had batted first we would probably have got a few more, and Pakistan a few less. We would have been the ones posting a score in the second innings and they would have been the ones batting last on that wicket. 2-0 makes it look relatively easy, but it was a bit closer than it suggests

Do agree with you on the poor bowling in the second innings. In fact another difference is that throughout the 3 games the worst 3 or 4 sessions were Englands, often undoing some good performances ( 2 e.g 2 session collapse in game 2)

All in all I would give the team 6/10 but 2 or 3 individuals need changing

The first innings lead should have been much more, but losing the last four wickets for nowt, let Pakistan off the hook.

I don't know the exact figures but losing those four wickets and the first six wickets today for a combined figure of 80, was the part of the reason we lost, the other being our spin bowlers bowled a crap ball an over!

After the South Africa series we will be 7th in the world rankings which sums up the state English cricket is in, so please lets not blame the toss of a coin!

We will probably shoehorn Jonny Barstow in as a spin bowler rather than admit that he,s not good enough!
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 11:33]

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024