Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 22:42 - Sep 8 with 10763 viewsScoobyWho

In defence of our country ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 17:38 - Sep 9 with 2503 viewsGroo

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 13:26 - Sep 9 by Wingstandwood

Good post!.....The world seems to be a totally different place now?.....Another thing that IMO questions the utter lunacy of the civil liberty people? ISIS is more than just a bunch of terrorists it's also an army that acts like an army, dresses like an army that uses conventional military tactics and equipment to take territory? It even claims to have its own special forces equivalent of the U.S Navy Seals and all shown in ISIS propaganda video footage.

The IRA never went into 'battle' using tanks, armoured personnel carriers, heavy artillery guns, rocket launch systems and Humvee's? Neither did the IRA state its desire to invade/ conquer vast territory and places like Rome with invading army intent!

They also have finance, oil wells.

Why are they not bombed out, who's buying their oil which finances them?

Groo does what Groo does best

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 19:01 - Sep 9 with 2451 viewsJackSomething

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 16:31 - Sep 9 by perchrockjack

Js

You what

Do I really have to explain my attempt at a little joke?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 21:31 - Sep 9 with 2400 viewssherpajacob

You don't defend democracy and the rule of law by abandoning the rule of law and democracy

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 22:58 - Sep 9 with 2372 viewsNookiejack

Cameron is spoiling for a fight in Syria.

When will we learn from Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya discuss?

How does us bombing the hell out of ISIS (although Cameron previously wanted to bomb the hell out of Assad)- solve a conflict where you have Assad, Russia, Iran (Shia Muslims), Hezbollah based in Lebanon (Shia Muslims) (sponsored by Iran) in one corner verses Saudi Arabia and other Gulf Dictatorships (Sunni Muslims), Turkey and Western Powers in the other corner?
🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 23:12 - Sep 9 with 2357 viewsNookiejack

Take a look at the lineups in each corner plus then Kurds and ISIS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_armed_groups_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War

It is a very complex problem.

Yet Cameron tries to blind UK electorate that all is in hand by blowing up 3 UK Jihadis against the democratic vote of Parliament. Everyone feels better right? But Syrian civil war still goes on.
🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 08:54 - Sep 10 with 2301 viewsperchrockjack

Js
Quid pro quo

In it

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 09:07 - Sep 10 with 2302 viewsphact0rri

Apparently a lot cleaner of a strike than some of the ones the US have done, at least as it looks now and what I've heard from reports. But I'm also in the camp of "We* should be adhereing to international law, and not deciding which ones apply to us... it makes us no different than those we say we are fighting.

I have problems when it appears that proper channels aren't used. I also have problems saying "war" when there is no declaration that I can recall. And like others I don't like drones, or drone attacks. I don't like the idea of them patrolling the streets domestically or in military applications. Does it save lives? This is debatable, when there are collateral damage the way its been seen in the past. And I might be off the cuff here, but in the interviews I've heard drone pilots have a errie detachment from the killing the way even fighter pilots with bomb payloads don't seem to have.

All in all this stuff is terrifying to me. And I feel with the way things are going, using drones in military ops are just trial runs to have them buzzing above our citizenary. Match that with citizens being killed without due process, and it feels wrong.

No matter if the person is a terrorist, or an activist or what not. there are rights that are being violated. And what point do we scrap courts of law for the gun turret of a drone?

*We applies to both mentioned countries being a dual citizen

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 09:28 - Sep 10 with 2291 viewsJackSomething

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 08:54 - Sep 10 by perchrockjack

Js
Quid pro quo

In it

I have even less idea what you're going on about than usual.

Login to get fewer ads

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 12:28 - Sep 10 with 2230 viewsperchrockjack

Do I have to paint a picture of the moon?

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 13:00 - Sep 10 with 2225 viewsJackSomething

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 12:28 - Sep 10 by perchrockjack

Do I have to paint a picture of the moon?

If you feel like it, go for it. Or just write something understandable. Your choice.

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 18:20 - Sep 10 with 2170 viewsperchrockjack

Well, me ok mucker, you make many responses to my posts so it follows you must get the gist.

You see brigadoon

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 18:29 - Sep 10 with 2168 viewsLord_Bony

Would it be an infringement into a sovereign countries airspace,which is usually classed as an act of war or msummit like that like?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 19:43 - Sep 10 with 2137 viewsBrynmill_Jack

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 18:20 - Sep 10 by perchrockjack

Well, me ok mucker, you make many responses to my posts so it follows you must get the gist.

You see brigadoon

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? on 19:49 - Sep 10 with 2133 viewsMillJack

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 18:29 - Sep 10 by Lord_Bony

Would it be an infringement into a sovereign countries airspace,which is usually classed as an act of war or msummit like that like?

Minor details!

Come on now, the government foiled a plot, by a couple of lost little boys from Cardiff, to assassinate the Queen. You know, one of the most protected people in the world who they wouldn't have the slightest hope in getting close to. Big Dave's done us all a massive favour.
🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 21:30 - Sep 10 with 2099 viewsDan_Swan

I'm a little uneasy that this decision has been made without the consent of Parliament as effectively it's been done without the say so of the people (via their elected representatives). Whether or not what they have done is legal I cannot say, the biggest clanger dropped by Dangerous Dave wasn't the bomb that killed this lot but the fact they could have kept it under wraps by hiding it behind the Official Secrets Act. I accept that this in itself isn't the right way of doing things but sometimes needs must.

By telling the world in general could make this ISIS lot seek revenge on British interests, not just here in the UK but globally as they did in Tunisia. I don't know about anybody else but I am very worried about what the future holds as it's hard to fight anyone who has little or no regard for themselves.

Still following Dr's orders!

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? on 21:42 - Sep 10 with 2056 viewsDarran

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? on 19:49 - Sep 10 by MillJack

Minor details!

Come on now, the government foiled a plot, by a couple of lost little boys from Cardiff, to assassinate the Queen. You know, one of the most protected people in the world who they wouldn't have the slightest hope in getting close to. Big Dave's done us all a massive favour.

Is that what they were planning on doing?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? on 22:30 - Sep 10 with 2028 viewssherpajacob

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? on 21:42 - Sep 10 by Darran

Maybe we should just trust the government on this.

Let's face it, the UK government isn't going to lie to its own people about potential terrorists in the middle east who may be capable of causing mass destruction with weapons that could be deployed rapidly, say within 45 minutes.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? on 22:34 - Sep 10 with 2021 viewsDarran

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? on 22:30 - Sep 10 by sherpajacob

Maybe we should just trust the government on this.

Let's face it, the UK government isn't going to lie to its own people about potential terrorists in the middle east who may be capable of causing mass destruction with weapons that could be deployed rapidly, say within 45 minutes.

Why you quoting me?

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? on 00:03 - Sep 11 with 1990 viewsMillJack

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? on 21:42 - Sep 10 by Darran

The government claimed that the targets were killed because they'd uncovered a plot whereby those in question were planning to assassinate the Queen.

http://nypost.com/2015/09/07/british-drones-foil-isis-plot-to-kill-queen/

Convenient, no?
🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 08:31 - Sep 11 with 1934 viewsJackSomething

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 18:20 - Sep 10 by perchrockjack

You see brigadoon

I make responses to some of your posts. The majority of them don't warrant a reply as far as I'm concerned, many others I have no idea what you're going on about.

This exchange brings to mind a Winston Churchill quote.

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 08:50 - Sep 11 with 1929 viewsDr_Winston

As long as certain procedures were followed and those who made the decision are ultimately accountable in the result of a cockup (unlikely, bombs are expensive and not dropped on a whim) then I'm all for it.

I'd have little faith in a Government that wasn't prepared to do away with people like this.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 09:03 - Sep 11 with 1918 viewsperchrockjack

It's because some are purposefully nebulous ,ps.

There is a reason ...

A time to build up , a time to break down.

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 09:43 - Sep 11 with 1908 viewsDarran

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 08:31 - Sep 11 by JackSomething

I make responses to some of your posts. The majority of them don't warrant a reply as far as I'm concerned, many others I have no idea what you're going on about.

This exchange brings to mind a Winston Churchill quote.

Yeah it's only some,in fairness you don't reply to the .01% of them.

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 10:44 - Sep 11 with 1888 viewsJackSomething

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 09:43 - Sep 11 by Darran

Yeah it's only some,in fairness you don't reply to the .01% of them.

Accusing someone else of replying to a lot of someone else's posts in a negative context is pretty breathtaking hypocrisy from you Darran. Play nice.

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 12:02 - Sep 11 with 1865 viewsDarran

🇬🇧🇬🇧 Do you care if it was legal or not ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧 on 10:44 - Sep 11 by JackSomething

Accusing someone else of replying to a lot of someone else's posts in a negative context is pretty breathtaking hypocrisy from you Darran. Play nice.

To the same person every day?
Like I told you a couple of weeks ago you had a dig at me for replying to Brynnies every post several months bsck so I stopped.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024