Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan 19:03 - Apr 6 with 17241 viewsNR_Dale

Don't want to take the shine off today but, With Mackay gone hilly has to be in the running....
Wigan on 18:53 - Apr 10 with 2213 viewsD_Alien

Wigan on 16:57 - Apr 10 by howy10

Whitey, don't listen to some of the empty heads who seem to be having a slight dig at you. Your comments come across as intelligent and well thought out. The slightly offensive replies have been written by less intelligent individuals.

Not necessarily.

I've seen a couple of pretty well-argued, intelligent posts from Jimmy Rustler. Loads of bullshit of course, but I reckon most of the time he's just bullshitting for the hell of it. Some of us have been known to do the same.

Does that make us dishonest? Hell, no! (as a bullshitter might say). But I'd say beware the man who can't stop claiming to be honest. Not that he's not honest, but just beware because it's a bit of a crap thing to keep claiming

... tbh

[Post edited 10 Apr 2015 18:55]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Wigan on 19:05 - Apr 10 with 2181 viewsTalkingSutty

Wigan on 16:31 - Apr 10 by WhiteyBFC

I don't think you'll be in with a chance by the time we meet. But, you'd possibly be confirming finishing above us, which would be of some credit to Keith if nothing else. I would then imagine expectations at Dale next season would be higher, and I'm not sure Keith will like that.

That post made me laugh, to understand a Dale fan I think you have to be a Dale fan so you probably won't be able to grasp it. The only thing we will be hoping for next season will be to avoid relegation, look at our history and our diabolical home support, that gives you a clue into our mindset.

Any club that finishes below Rochdale in league one has underachieved and at this moment in time there are plenty of them. Before we can ever feel comfortable as a Football League Club we need to start building our fan base and the appointment of a new marketing/commercial person is a small step forward,I hope she is fully supported by everybody else at the club though.

Hilly will move on in time because he is better than league one, when that time arrives I hope the Chairman and Directors have a long term financial plan in place and with a bit of luck somebody who they can promote from within. The club collapsed the last time Hilly departed for a variety of reasons which are now all old hat, financially we should be able to stand on our own two feet in the future. Hilly must feel like a babysitter at times.
Wigan on 20:48 - Apr 10 with 2059 viewsWhiteyBFC

Wigan on 19:05 - Apr 10 by TalkingSutty

That post made me laugh, to understand a Dale fan I think you have to be a Dale fan so you probably won't be able to grasp it. The only thing we will be hoping for next season will be to avoid relegation, look at our history and our diabolical home support, that gives you a clue into our mindset.

Any club that finishes below Rochdale in league one has underachieved and at this moment in time there are plenty of them. Before we can ever feel comfortable as a Football League Club we need to start building our fan base and the appointment of a new marketing/commercial person is a small step forward,I hope she is fully supported by everybody else at the club though.

Hilly will move on in time because he is better than league one, when that time arrives I hope the Chairman and Directors have a long term financial plan in place and with a bit of luck somebody who they can promote from within. The club collapsed the last time Hilly departed for a variety of reasons which are now all old hat, financially we should be able to stand on our own two feet in the future. Hilly must feel like a babysitter at times.

That's a fantastic post, which I agree with 100%. Even the bit that said I wouldn't be able to grasp it.

It might sound daft, but a better marketing team can work wonders. I know, because last summer we appointed a new team and we've quadrupled our income in terms of sponsorship etc. However, I feel that if results aren't getting more fans down to the ground, nothing will.

Which whilst being a shame, is also summat to be proud of. To be above the likes of Barnsley, Coventry and Bradford in this division, on what I'd guess is THE smallest budget and THE smallest crowd? Yep. Some achievement.
Wigan on 20:55 - Apr 10 with 2041 viewspioneer

Wigan on 20:48 - Apr 10 by WhiteyBFC

That's a fantastic post, which I agree with 100%. Even the bit that said I wouldn't be able to grasp it.

It might sound daft, but a better marketing team can work wonders. I know, because last summer we appointed a new team and we've quadrupled our income in terms of sponsorship etc. However, I feel that if results aren't getting more fans down to the ground, nothing will.

Which whilst being a shame, is also summat to be proud of. To be above the likes of Barnsley, Coventry and Bradford in this division, on what I'd guess is THE smallest budget and THE smallest crowd? Yep. Some achievement.

You could look at it the other way of course

To have the lowest crowds in the division when we have the 7th best record in the division is a disgrace.

Back to what you say about marketing.
Wigan on 00:10 - Apr 11 with 1915 viewsFrog

be interesting to see what Blackpool and Wigan's crowds are next season.
Wigan on 09:56 - Apr 11 with 1855 viewstazzydjr

Wigan on 00:10 - Apr 11 by Frog

be interesting to see what Blackpool and Wigan's crowds are next season.

I totally agree i remember being unable to get a ticket for one of Wigan's matches out of season so went Burnley v Ipswich instead

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024