Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes Winter thread 22:31 - Nov 6 with 45597 viewsnewgolddream

Australia all-rounder Shane Watson faces a battle to be fit for the first Ashes Test in Brisbane on 21 November.

The 32-year-old sustained a hamstring injury while bowling in Australia's final one-day international against India last Saturday.
Ashes Winter thread on 09:40 - Nov 25 with 1619 viewsdaveB

I thought the broken hand thing from Clarke was a bit over the top,, no need for that really but is typical of the Aussies and they will be full of it now. A lot of cricket still to be played and I think England will respond in the next test
Ashes Winter thread on 10:00 - Nov 25 with 1602 viewsQPR_John

Cannot believe the double standards here. Verbal abuse is one thing but telling a bowler he is going to get his arm broken is way over the top. Imagine if a footballer was overheard threatening to break a players leg there would be no question of a fine more like a very long suspension.
Ashes Winter thread on 10:19 - Nov 25 with 1591 viewsElHoop

Ashes Winter thread on 10:00 - Nov 25 by QPR_John

Cannot believe the double standards here. Verbal abuse is one thing but telling a bowler he is going to get his arm broken is way over the top. Imagine if a footballer was overheard threatening to break a players leg there would be no question of a fine more like a very long suspension.

FFS - have you never played Sunday League football??
Ashes Winter thread on 11:06 - Nov 25 with 1556 viewsnewgolddream

England's Jonathan Trott has left the Ashes tour of Australia because of a long-standing stress-related condition. Batsman Trott scored 19 runs in two innings during England's first Test defeat and struggled against the bowling of Mitchell Johnson.
Ashes Winter thread on 11:10 - Nov 25 with 1549 viewsQPR_John

Ashes Winter thread on 10:19 - Nov 25 by ElHoop

FFS - have you never played Sunday League football??

Not really comparing like with like there are you
Ashes Winter thread on 11:17 - Nov 25 with 1540 viewsElHoop

Ashes Winter thread on 11:10 - Nov 25 by QPR_John

Not really comparing like with like there are you

Well neither are you actually. He didn't say that he was going to break his arm, he said that the bowler would break his arm when he put it up to him. This stuff goes on all the time in sport, in most sports at most levels in fact.
Ashes Winter thread on 11:18 - Nov 25 with 1537 viewsdaveB

Ashes Winter thread on 11:17 - Nov 25 by ElHoop

Well neither are you actually. He didn't say that he was going to break his arm, he said that the bowler would break his arm when he put it up to him. This stuff goes on all the time in sport, in most sports at most levels in fact.

There was no need for it though, it's clearly a tactic to try and rattle England, it's certainly working as well but doesn't make it right
Ashes Winter thread on 11:33 - Nov 25 with 1528 viewsQPR_John

Ashes Winter thread on 11:17 - Nov 25 by ElHoop

"He didn't say that he was going to break his arm, he said that the bowler would break his arm when he put it up to him"

Noise of hairs being split there

My point was the punishment for the action not the action itself, albeit I still think over the top.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashes Winter thread on 11:42 - Nov 25 with 1521 viewsTheBlob

Seems like there aren't enough players who can get gee'd up and pull their nuts out for the cause.Too much the defeatest attitude for me - ah fukkit we've lost this,let's get back in the pavilion.Without appearing too racist I would cite non english players as infecting the others with a couldn't-care-less attitude.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ashes Winter thread on 11:52 - Nov 25 with 1510 viewsbob566

Ashes Winter thread on 11:18 - Nov 25 by daveB

There was no need for it though, it's clearly a tactic to try and rattle England, it's certainly working as well but doesn't make it right

I love cricket but the comment shouldn't have made the press. Grow a set for f**ks sake.

So what if he said he's going to break your arm. You tell him you'll break his face.
Ashes Winter thread on 12:02 - Nov 25 with 1470 viewsjeffranger

Ashes Winter thread on 11:52 - Nov 25 by bob566

I love cricket but the comment shouldn't have made the press. Grow a set for f**ks sake.

So what if he said he's going to break your arm. You tell him you'll break his face.

Now i see trott has gone home with related stress problems, you could see he wasn't right when he batted & its nothing to do with what warner said & thought that was disrespectful.
Ashes Winter thread on 12:50 - Nov 25 with 1449 viewsQPRDave

What makes me laugh......Is that all we've heard from the wingeing Aussies is them crying like big girls because Broad never did the gentlemanly thing and walked in England, even a newspaper joining in with it's childish we won't print his name campaign.
Yet they think it's perfectly gentlemanly to tell an oppo batsmen "get ready to get your f**kin arm broken"!!!....and to slag off our players in the press......ignorant c**ts!
Ashes Winter thread on 12:55 - Nov 25 with 1441 viewsdaveB

Ashes Winter thread on 11:52 - Nov 25 by bob566

It was picked up by the stump microphone which is why it made the press, I don't think any of the England players actually complained about it
Ashes Winter thread on 18:55 - Nov 25 with 1401 viewscheeseydane

Ah one swallow doesnt make a summer.
I actually think the aussies are shooting themselves in the foot here. England will get back to basics, do what they have done for the last few years, but now with a bit of fk.u included, whcih i feel is sometimes missing.
Confident this series is far from over.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Ashes Winter thread on 20:49 - Nov 25 with 1376 viewsqprmick

Clark is on really shaky ground slinging shit. Someone should just remind of Lara Bingle who was famously "engaged" with an Aussie Rules footballer while being engaged to Clark who was playing in the West Indes. We couldn't be that nasty could we?

Qprmick

Ashes Winter thread on 21:04 - Nov 25 with 1370 viewsQPRDave

Ashes Winter thread on 20:49 - Nov 25 by qprmick

Clark is on really shaky ground slinging shit. Someone should just remind of Lara Bingle who was famously "engaged" with an Aussie Rules footballer while being engaged to Clark who was playing in the West Indes. We couldn't be that nasty could we?

Think someone should tweet KP or others with this info mick, just to make sure it's not brought up
Ashes Winter thread on 22:29 - Nov 25 with 1339 viewsbob566

Ashes Winter thread on 12:55 - Nov 25 by daveB

It was picked up by the stump microphone which is why it made the press, I don't think any of the England players actually complained about it

Fair enough then. the press should concentrate on the performance instead of some flippant comment
Ashes Winter thread on 13:21 - Nov 26 with 1287 viewswillis1980

Ashes Winter thread on 20:49 - Nov 25 by qprmick

its done
Ashes Winter thread on 13:51 - Nov 26 with 1262 viewsthame_hoops

I see David Warner's brothr tweeted 'bahahaha LOL@TROTT' but quickly deleted it
Ashes Winter thread on 15:51 - Nov 26 with 1242 viewsElHoop

Nice sympathetic piece about Trott on cricinfo:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013-14/content/story/692537.html
Ashes Winter thread on 17:10 - Nov 26 with 1223 viewsQPRDave

Now the Aussie are wingeing because England players/staff are not talking to the media....
a*seholes!
Ashes Winter thread on 19:45 - Nov 26 with 1202 viewsPommyhoop

Ashes Winter thread on 15:51 - Nov 26 by ElHoop

Nice sympathetic piece about Trott on cricinfo:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013-14/content/story/692537.html

Brilliant article.
The readers comments are good too,especially the 2nd..
Cheers for finding that and posting.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Ashes Winter thread on 21:23 - Nov 26 with 1177 viewsBlackCrowe

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/darren-lehmann-rejects-andy-flowers-offer-of

What an ignorant fool 'Boof' is. Highly competitive is how Ashes cricket should be, but this series is in danger of getting out of control and made the worse for it, whoever wins.

Clarke and Lehman are the example-setters and they are taking things way down low.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ashes Winter thread on 21:35 - Nov 26 with 1168 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ashes Winter thread on 21:23 - Nov 26 by BlackCrowe

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/darren-lehmann-rejects-andy-flowers-offer-of

What an ignorant fool 'Boof' is. Highly competitive is how Ashes cricket should be, but this series is in danger of getting out of control and made the worse for it, whoever wins.

Clarke and Lehman are the example-setters and they are taking things way down low.

Lehman is not half the man Flowers is and you don't have to take cricketing loyalties into account o this, just look at Flowers' stance against Mugabe and tell me when Lehman ever did anything to compare. Flowers was also out of his league as a player.
Ashes Winter thread on 22:46 - Nov 29 with 1091 viewsnewgolddream

Gary Ballance made his case for the vacant spot in England's Test top order as the tourists laboured on the first day of their match against the Cricket Australia Chairman's XI in Alice Springs. On a brutally hot day in the guts of the Outback, Ballance top-scored with 55 as England declared on 212-7 on a slow pitch with an even slower outfield.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024