Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good performance, wrong result 22:20 - Mar 19 with 4534 viewsMoonyDale

Very pleased with the lads tonight, a lot of good passing football played and they were second best by some way. Apart from 15 minutes at the start of the second half we were comfortably the better team. A wonder goal from Georgie (the dogs bollox) Donnely and a great MOTM showing from Edwards, Cav played a blinder and broke their play up well. Grimes was as infuriating as ever when he came on but all in all I left the ground upset we didn't take all the points when before the game I would have settled for the point. Couldn't tell if the subbing of Henderson was tactical or through injury, but thought it was strange at the time. More of the same Saturday please...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Good performance, wrong result on 19:49 - Mar 20 with 773 viewsNotEyreClue

When I went on a few Gillingham forums last night, the general consenus was that a draw was a fair result!

I understand people see games differently but to suggest that we weren't deserving of the 3 points is laughable.

Cav stood out for me big time last night. We looked so much more solid with him in the team and as a result, the defence didn't have much to do at all (which makes the goal we conceded more annoying).

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Good performance, wrong result on 19:52 - Mar 20 with 763 viewsVespaDale

First game i'd been to for over 3yrs due to circumstances...

I thought the crowd / atmosphere was absolutely dire!!

We played OK, much better than then apart from a 20 minute spell after half time where they looked dangerous... If we've been worse than this for the last few years then i'm glad I wasnt allowed to go coz we looked shyte on the wings, a left footer at right fullback, nothing big to hit from set pieces, all in all I was disappointed on my comeback game, this division is tripe if theyre top of the league & survival will easily be achieved... A good clearout of about 6 of the starters is needed...!!!

Liner was crap near the Sandy end, he spat towards the fans after taking some flack, & mouthed F*ck Off in our direction...
Good performance, wrong result on 19:56 - Mar 20 with 753 viewsSaxonDale

Good performance, wrong result on 16:13 - Mar 20 by ChaffRAFC

Nah, watch it closer. First of all Kevin McIntyre is completely out of position, stood next to Cavanagh as the ball goes out wide right to where McIntyre should have been so Sherrif goes out to deal with him. Cavanagh sits on the edge of the box as McIntyre sits in at centre back and Cavanagh is pointing for McIntyre to mark Antonio German who is heading into the box. The ball comes in and Phil Edwards is out-muscled by Kedwell who heads home from 6 yards between Lillis' legs.

The mistake for the goal for me is McIntyre being out of position, allowing the ball to go out wide where Cansdell-Sherrif has to go out to try and stop the cross.

Edit - Cavanagh doesn't need to mark anyone in that position because the two strikers in the box are being marked by McIntyre and Edwards with Joey Thompson as an extra defender while Cav sits in front of them. Not down to Cav that Edwards gets out-muscled.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

The whole situation originates from McIntyre dealing poorly with a aimless high ball, then getting dragged into the centre of the pitch as a result.

The cross in the highlight immediately before Gillingham's goal is also a contender for cross of the season.
Good performance, wrong result on 20:06 - Mar 20 with 739 viewsMoonyDale

Good performance, wrong result on 19:52 - Mar 20 by VespaDale

First game i'd been to for over 3yrs due to circumstances...

I thought the crowd / atmosphere was absolutely dire!!

We played OK, much better than then apart from a 20 minute spell after half time where they looked dangerous... If we've been worse than this for the last few years then i'm glad I wasnt allowed to go coz we looked shyte on the wings, a left footer at right fullback, nothing big to hit from set pieces, all in all I was disappointed on my comeback game, this division is tripe if theyre top of the league & survival will easily be achieved... A good clearout of about 6 of the starters is needed...!!!

Liner was crap near the Sandy end, he spat towards the fans after taking some flack, & mouthed F*ck Off in our direction...

If that is correct about the assistant ref then a complaint should be sent to the relevant department....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Good performance, wrong result on 20:10 - Mar 20 with 731 views442Dale

Good performance, wrong result on 19:56 - Mar 20 by SaxonDale

The whole situation originates from McIntyre dealing poorly with a aimless high ball, then getting dragged into the centre of the pitch as a result.

The cross in the highlight immediately before Gillingham's goal is also a contender for cross of the season.

Actually think McIntyre has been much improved of late but he does keep making similar positional errors - Caught far too central for Bristol's second on Saturday too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Good performance, wrong result on 21:06 - Mar 20 with 701 viewsD_Alien

Good performance, wrong result on 20:10 - Mar 20 by 442Dale

Actually think McIntyre has been much improved of late but he does keep making similar positional errors - Caught far too central for Bristol's second on Saturday too.

Its up to KH to change that though.

Rose at left back, Rafferty (or Cav) on the right.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Good performance, wrong result on 21:12 - Mar 20 with 689 views442Dale

Good performance, wrong result on 21:06 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

It wouldn't be much of a problem as its a coaching issue, but McIntyre's experience should mean it doesn't happen in the first place.

His general form is good and to be honest Rose was awful at Morecambe at LB. Last night was his best performance by a non-right footed mile.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Good performance, wrong result on 21:52 - Mar 20 with 674 viewsD_Alien

Good performance, wrong result on 21:12 - Mar 20 by 442Dale

It wouldn't be much of a problem as its a coaching issue, but McIntyre's experience should mean it doesn't happen in the first place.

His general form is good and to be honest Rose was awful at Morecambe at LB. Last night was his best performance by a non-right footed mile.

I didn't see Rose in either game, but if he was signed primarily as a left-sided defensive player then that's where he should be played, or not at all.

I agree that McIntyre's form has picked up since KH arrived (or since he signed Rose) but he's been responsible for more defensive errors than anyone this season.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Good performance, wrong result on 21:59 - Mar 20 with 665 viewsTVOS1907

Good performance, wrong result on 21:06 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

One can only surmise that a left-footed left-back is preferred to a right-footed right-back at right-back because the manager doesn't rate the right-footed right-back.

I think!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Good performance, wrong result on 22:24 - Mar 20 with 648 viewsdingdangblue

Good performance, wrong result on 19:42 - Mar 20 by firgrovedale51

Funny as toothache

There are men so philosophical that they can see humor in their own toothaches. But there has never lived a man so philosophical that he could see the toothache in his own humor.

-- H.L. Mencken

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024