Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TF restates his commitment to the Long Term 13:06 - Mar 18 with 4323 viewsYorkRanger

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/180313-tony-my-lifelong-commitment-721625.aspx
TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:16 - Mar 18 with 2380 viewsqueensparker

Great statement at a good time. Anyone that thinks we'd do better with a different owner needs their head examined IMO.

I'm happy to take him at his word for now, nothing he's done to date suggests he's going to up and run and leave us up sh*t creek.

Yes, he's made a positive ton of mistakes, but hopefully he's learning. When he took over we'd come up a with a very limited one-man Champ team that had just been made even worse by the sale of our best centre-back and letting Routledge go.

Hopefully if/when we go down this time, we'll be back in better fettle...
TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:17 - Mar 18 with 2367 viewsWanderR

I'm pleased to see that there's an official acknowledgement now that, barring a miracle, we are down and that TF and the other shareholders have thought about this and are fully prepared to stick with QPR and that we remain on track for the new stadium, etc.

Looking around at the other clubs in the Premiership and who has gone before them at Loftus Road, whatever mistakes have been made in the short term, we are frankly blessed to have these owners.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Current location: OX10

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:19 - Mar 18 with 2341 viewsTHEBUSH

Don't know what else he can say, but there will still be those on this board, who doubt his commitment
TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:23 - Mar 18 with 2323 viewsR_from_afar

Perfect timing from Tony. I have often said I find it hard to imagine us having a better owner. What more can we ask of him? OK, he has to put that promise into practice but he appears as committed and sincere as it is possible to be.

Delighted to see those words after an truly awful weekend. During the Villa game, I got five highly unpleasant, mocking texts from a Spurs fan I thought was mate. Karma had the last laugh, though, Spurs lost but Arsenal and Chelski won.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:23 - Mar 18 with 2316 viewsnadera78

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:19 - Mar 18 by THEBUSH

Don't know what else he can say, but there will still be those on this board, who doubt his commitment

No doubt this will be taken as an attack on him by some, but it's not meant as one. TF will go down in history as either the greatest chairman in the game or a delusional f*ckwit. We'll just have to wait a few years to find out.
TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:23 - Mar 18 with 2313 viewsNov77

I don't doubt his sincerity, but as harry said, he's had his pants pulled down.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:26 - Mar 18 with 2302 viewsFredManRave

Can somebody post the text, please.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:27 - Mar 18 with 2295 viewsdaveB

Good that he's staying as we are out of business without him after the mistakes made in the last year. This summer will tell us if he and the board have learnt anything or if they are just going to throw money money at it
Login to get fewer ads

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:27 - Mar 18 with 2292 viewswombat

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:23 - Mar 18 by Nov77

think TF knows that and dont think it would happen again , hes had one hell of a steep learning curve this season , he wont make the same mistakes , if we do go down and harry does leave , bring ollie back in and lets go for it big time next season.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:36 - Mar 18 with 2238 viewsBlackCrowe

Excellent statement. And I believe him.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:37 - Mar 18 with 2238 viewsN12Hoop

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:23 - Mar 18 by Nov77

There's also the issue of the shareholders because he is their representative and it's their money, not just his. It's like when he was backing Hughes. but theother shareholders forced him to act. However, I hope that they all feel the same way because we are lucky to have them on board in my view. I'm also glad to see that his relationship with the MIttals seems very strong when not so long ago on here people were saying that they don't get on and Mittal wants out.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:38 - Mar 18 with 2237 viewsWanderR

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:26 - Mar 18 by FredManRave

Can somebody post the text, please.

TONY: MY LIFELONG COMMITMENT

PUBLISHED
12:39 18th March 2013
by @OfficialQPR

R’s Chairman urges fans to focus on the future …

QPR Chairman Tony Fernandes has spoken of his “lifelong commitment” to QPR following Saturday’s disappointing loss at Aston Villa.

Rangers find themselves seven points adrift of safety after the 3-2 loss at Villa Park, and while Fernandes admits he is “feeling miserable,” he has urged R’s fans to “show the world what type of club we are” and says they should be excited about the future.

In a personally written message that he has asked to be shown to “all our fans and staff,” Fernandes said:

“I sit here in Malaysia feeling miserable. I am down. The fact that I and my other shareholders are feeling so miserable just means we care.

“We should have won at the weekend and made it easier for ourselves, but we didn't. So what!

“There are still eight games to go. We beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and showed against Southampton and Sunderland that we are capable of putting wins together.

“And we have scored seven goals in our last three fixtures, so anything can happen.

“We fight and we fight. I am not despondent at all. QPR has come a long, long way from where we were, and the plan continues.

“We inherited a club that lacked so many things, and we are rebuilding every aspect. That's a huge challenge.

“In any business there will be hiccups. But this is not a one-year or two-year project. This is a lifelong commitment.

“The shareholders have that commitment. The journey ahead is so exciting.

“We need a new training ground, a new stadium, a more successful academy. That's so exciting. How can anyone feel down for too long?

“Forget Aston Villa. Focus on the future. The path in front of us is exciting.

“So come on, let's show the world NOW what type of club we are. We’re a club that believes, a club that has passion, and a club that never gives up.

Kind regards
Tony

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:55 - Mar 18 with 2164 viewswombat

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:37 - Mar 18 by N12Hoop

There's also the issue of the shareholders because he is their representative and it's their money, not just his. It's like when he was backing Hughes. but theother shareholders forced him to act. However, I hope that they all feel the same way because we are lucky to have them on board in my view. I'm also glad to see that his relationship with the MIttals seems very strong when not so long ago on here people were saying that they don't get on and Mittal wants out.

Hang on thought the mitttals had gone !!!! some bloke in a dustbin stated it a while back its lie , the mittalls have gone I tell you

Poll: which is your favouite foot

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:03 - Mar 18 with 2134 viewsTW_R

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 13:55 - Mar 18 by wombat

Hang on thought the mitttals had gone !!!! some bloke in a dustbin stated it a while back its lie , the mittalls have gone I tell you

Yeah - Amit left last October, it was confirmed on Twitter as fact. Gone in a month, it said. He'd stand by his source, it said.

The same idiot was on here a few weeks ago slating TF. Just farcical.
TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:15 - Mar 18 with 2091 viewsNeil_SI

Well, I read "I sit here in Malaysia" and the first thing I said to myself was "that's the problem"...

There have been a lot of colossal and naive mistakes made, far too many and just about every mistake a group of people with little experience of the game could make, have been made. It's been astonishing to watch unfold.

There's two ways to look at this; either it is a very steep learning curve and some lessons will be learned, or one accepts that they just don't get it and are not football people no matter how much they try to dress it up.

The amount of mistakes made over this period make me feel like they fall deeply into the latter camp. The lesson to learn from that is to understand it, accept it, and then bring people in who do have the experience and skill set, and who have the right care and love for the club and understand it, to help run the football club properly.
TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:22 - Mar 18 with 2057 viewsMkPaul

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:15 - Mar 18 by Neil_SI

Well, I read "I sit here in Malaysia" and the first thing I said to myself was "that's the problem"...

There have been a lot of colossal and naive mistakes made, far too many and just about every mistake a group of people with little experience of the game could make, have been made. It's been astonishing to watch unfold.

There's two ways to look at this; either it is a very steep learning curve and some lessons will be learned, or one accepts that they just don't get it and are not football people no matter how much they try to dress it up.

The amount of mistakes made over this period make me feel like they fall deeply into the latter camp. The lesson to learn from that is to understand it, accept it, and then bring people in who do have the experience and skill set, and who have the right care and love for the club and understand it, to help run the football club properly.

Maybe they are running the football club properly and have been unlucky, what makes your version of properly better than theirs?
TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:23 - Mar 18 with 2054 viewsNov77

with TF jetsetting around the world, maybe we do need a 'football' man there on a daily basis instead of Beard.

Sounds like a job for mullett man......

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:25 - Mar 18 with 2042 viewsNorthernr

Good to hear and reassuring, but a spade going in the ground at Warren Farm would say more than any words about long term commitment.
TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:27 - Mar 18 with 2036 viewsWanderR

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:23 - Mar 18 by Nov77

with TF jetsetting around the world, maybe we do need a 'football' man there on a daily basis instead of Beard.

Sounds like a job for mullett man......

Pity the club has burnt its bridges with Warnock.

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:29 - Mar 18 with 2026 viewsdaveB

Francis was director of football before, his grand plan was to shut down the academy and sign Sammy Koejoe.
TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:33 - Mar 18 with 2006 viewsNeil_SI

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:22 - Mar 18 by MkPaul

Maybe they are running the football club properly and have been unlucky, what makes your version of properly better than theirs?

That's fine, but there's a lot of obvious indicators both on and off the pitch that this hasn't been the case. They need to do a post mortem on what they've done to date and identify how to progress from there.

I don't have a problem which way they do it, but they need to look at themselves in the mirror and understand where they've gone wrong and why — and then come up with a plan on how to move forward, either making the necessary improvements and changes themselves or to get some people in board to help them out.

I think we've actually been very lucky overall rather than unlucky.
TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:34 - Mar 18 with 2002 viewsWanderR

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:25 - Mar 18 by Northernr

Good to hear and reassuring, but a spade going in the ground at Warren Farm would say more than any words about long term commitment.

To be fair to the club, there's not much more they can do until they receive planning permission from Ealing Council.

http://www.pam.ealing.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=15641

http://www.pam.ealing.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=15649

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:34 - Mar 18 with 2000 viewsTW_R

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:25 - Mar 18 by Northernr

Racist!
TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:42 - Mar 18 with 1984 viewsessextaxiboy

The fact that he is is in Malaysia isnt a problem . He is the chairman of Air Asia after all.

He has employed Phillip Beard to look after the club day to day , a bloke who has escaped criticism so far. This the guy who was "interviewed" by Hughes the destroyer and has overseen the job done on us by Hughes agent .

He was like a rabbit in the headlights at the fans forum .
TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:56 - Mar 18 with 1952 viewsessextaxiboy

TF restates his commitment to the Long Term on 14:33 - Mar 18 by Neil_SI

That's fine, but there's a lot of obvious indicators both on and off the pitch that this hasn't been the case. They need to do a post mortem on what they've done to date and identify how to progress from there.

I don't have a problem which way they do it, but they need to look at themselves in the mirror and understand where they've gone wrong and why — and then come up with a plan on how to move forward, either making the necessary improvements and changes themselves or to get some people in board to help them out.

I think we've actually been very lucky overall rather than unlucky.

You should be a speech writer for a politician .

You have actually said the square root of f*ck all there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024