Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alfie 16:31 - Jan 19 with 1131 viewsolympicdale

becomes the first 2nd half scorer for Reading, away from home this season

Life is a game of fate.

Alfie on 16:36 - Jan 19 with 1117 viewsColDale

he's done it again
Alfie on 16:36 - Jan 19 with 1112 viewsolympicdale

deja vue.

Life is a game of fate.

Alfie on 16:37 - Jan 19 with 1108 viewsTVOS1907

As Phil Thompson said, "Adam Le Fondray".

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Alfie on 16:42 - Jan 19 with 1096 viewsColDale

I always thought Alfie was a great player, but I'd have never had him down as having the potential to play top flight football. Great feet and intelligent with it, but never Premiership class.

Amazing that there was so little between him and Daggers, with Dagnall probably getting the nod off most people, yet Daggers has never really managed to score goals outside of League Two.
Alfie on 16:45 - Jan 19 with 1084 views442Dale

Bet there are few players who have as many goals off the bench.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Alfie on 16:46 - Jan 19 with 1080 viewsTVOS1907

Alfie on 16:42 - Jan 19 by ColDale

I always thought Alfie was a great player, but I'd have never had him down as having the potential to play top flight football. Great feet and intelligent with it, but never Premiership class.

Amazing that there was so little between him and Daggers, with Dagnall probably getting the nod off most people, yet Daggers has never really managed to score goals outside of League Two.

A former club employee who now works at another club, used to think Alfie was a bit pooh!

Also, myself and that old sage Razzle recently said that when Dale had Platt and Connor up front, who would have thought that their careers would pan out in such different ways over the next 10 years.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Alfie on 16:50 - Jan 19 with 1076 viewsblackedge

Alfie on 16:37 - Jan 19 by TVOS1907

As Phil Thompson said, "Adam Le Fondray".

it got lost traveling down his nose he needs to karm down !!
Alfie on 17:47 - Jan 19 with 992 viewsBartRowou

Alfie on 16:50 - Jan 19 by blackedge

it got lost traveling down his nose he needs to karm down !!

I'm not sure they've ever been measured, but I'd suggest that Alfie's hooter isn't that much shorter than Phil "professional foul OT 78" Thompson's.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Login to get fewer ads

Alfie on 17:58 - Jan 19 with 974 viewsD_Alien

Totally agree, but think the same could also be said about Grant Holt and Ricky Lambert!

Alf isn't a regular starter like the other two but he has that unteachable ability to be in the right place at the right time, and playing alongside team-mates who can pick out the perfect cross / pass must make his task easier. Still might be regarded as a "luxury" player, but one who might just keep Reading above the drop zone, i.e. priceless

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Alfie on 18:31 - Jan 19 with 940 viewsBigKindo

Newcastle could do worse than sign him.
Alfie on 19:07 - Jan 19 with 909 viewsdingdangblue

Looks a lot trimmer also than when he was with us - reckon he's lost at least a stone by the look of it. He was always a great finisher, a bit sharper and lighter on his feet now though.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Alfie on 23:12 - Jan 19 with 842 viewsLee_Bullet

Alfie was and always will be a natural goalscorer! Always rated him even above Dagnall who worked hard and often created chances for himself, but more often than not needed a few chances before he bagged! There are people that don't rate Grimes, that lad has talent too and probably won't reach the dizzy heights of the premier league but even at league 2 level some people can spot a talent!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Alfie on 09:40 - Jan 20 with 787 viewsRalphs12

I always preferred Alfie over daggers. Just for the fact if he got the ball in the box generally it was time to celebrate, daggers never filled me with confidence as he didn't seem as naturally gifted although I completely understand the work he did for the team.

Edit- seems like I've just said exactly what bullet said. Should probably read the whole thread in future.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Alfie on 14:03 - Jan 20 with 727 viewsdavidab2202

Comment from Reading Manager--"We paid £300 thou-ish for him,that wouldn't buy his right sock now"
Alfie on 15:31 - Jan 20 with 685 viewsDaley_Lama

Always preferred Daggers over Alf myself, would have made the same choice as Hilly at the time we had to sell one.

Chuffed to bits for Alfie.

Poll: DF in or out

Alfie on 15:47 - Jan 20 with 663 views442Dale

Alfie on 15:31 - Jan 20 by Daley_Lama

Always preferred Daggers over Alf myself, would have made the same choice as Hilly at the time we had to sell one.

Chuffed to bits for Alfie.

And while COG and Daggers brought the best out in each other, and Alfie would have loved playing with COG, not sure COG would have been as prolific alongside Le Fondre.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Alfie on 15:48 - Jan 20 with 663 viewsSaxonDale

Always thought Alfie was a very intelligent player and finisher, Dagnall often had the ability of creating chances for himself which helped the team hugely if we weren't playing well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024