Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Either Coleman goes or I go 16:02 - Dec 8 with 10026 viewswindowsbug

Didn't want to go today.
Won't be going again untill Coleman has gone.
Get your head out of the sand Dunphy, sub 2000 gates its like the bad old days.

Either Coleman goes or I go on 19:43 - Dec 8 with 1506 viewssooty_dale

Having bought two season tickets I am devastated that I will not benefit financially from staying away in protest from watching this tripe.

As other's have said being three nil down at half time for the second game in a row is simply unacceptable. Before the game I said the least I expected was to see Coleman learn from some of his mistakes from the previous week and make sure he gets the players playing today. Hahaha well done on that one, carbon copy in the first half but decided to throw a good measure of idiocy into the mix with pathetic attitude.

Gornell (lol) yeah we lost but scored two, great for confidence as a front man going into the next game, but oh no, his peanut brain decided, i know, i think I'll get myself banned for the majority of my loan period, that will help the team - send him back and save the wage. It's almost funny...
Either Coleman goes or I go on 19:45 - Dec 8 with 1486 viewssandylaner1

Either Coleman goes or I go on 18:45 - Dec 8 by ColDale

I actually thought we changed it today. I'm no expert when it comes to tactics, but it looked like we were playing something close to a genuine 4-5-1 rather than the 4-3-3 that has been the standard this season. Grant and Donnelly looked to be playing with a lot more width than they have done previously. Could be wrong though.

4-5-1 at home

seems about right
Either Coleman goes or I go on 19:50 - Dec 8 with 1466 viewsTalkingSutty

Either Coleman goes or I go on 19:37 - Dec 8 by Thacks_Rabbits

Well I feel challenging should be the aim T.S. - not saying we would be in top 3 but play offs at least should be the minimum aim, for a manager who, lets face it, currently has a far bigger budget and supposedly better playing squad, than he did at Accy (I know most of them are here now before thats pointed out!)

The players we have, with a decent manager are more than capable of top 3 - had we kept N.A. J.T. and Jonah even more so. If you look at who we have brought in - other than the 3 strikers which are in fairness doing a decent job in relation to goals, I can think of anyone who offers more than the above 3 players at this level.

I am not necessarily saying they could have been made to stay, but even that, in at least 2 of the above cases is down to J.C.

With Hillcroft and this squad - would we expect promotion - yes.

I have to disagree with that, our defence is very poor and the goalkeeper is also vulnerable with his decision making, apart from Bennet i would get rid of the lot of them.

Midfield would be better with Jonah still in the side (see what Bradford fans think of his performances) or maybe folk prefer Cav ? Tutte and Kennedy are also worthy performers if played in the right system and i think we have some decent forwards in Grant and Gornall. I would ditch Grimes and Donnelly along with Puterill and Crainey.

So i reckon we need another 8 or 9 different players
Either Coleman goes or I go on 19:54 - Dec 8 with 1455 views442Dale

Either Coleman goes or I go on 19:50 - Dec 8 by TalkingSutty

I have to disagree with that, our defence is very poor and the goalkeeper is also vulnerable with his decision making, apart from Bennet i would get rid of the lot of them.

Midfield would be better with Jonah still in the side (see what Bradford fans think of his performances) or maybe folk prefer Cav ? Tutte and Kennedy are also worthy performers if played in the right system and i think we have some decent forwards in Grant and Gornall. I would ditch Grimes and Donnelly along with Puterill and Crainey.

So i reckon we need another 8 or 9 different players

Jones and Tutte in the same side sees the latter not contributing as much. And Jones can't play the Cavanagh role (ignoring whether Cavanagh himself can!)

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Either Coleman goes or I go on 19:55 - Dec 8 with 1450 viewsAtThePeake

Either Coleman goes or I go on 19:54 - Dec 8 by 442Dale

Jones and Tutte in the same side sees the latter not contributing as much. And Jones can't play the Cavanagh role (ignoring whether Cavanagh himself can!)

I don't see why not.

Jones & Perkins springs to mind.

Tangled up in blue.

Either Coleman goes or I go on 19:59 - Dec 8 with 1445 viewsTalkingSutty

Either Coleman goes or I go on 19:54 - Dec 8 by 442Dale

I think we have been at this junction before and i have to concede Tutte has flourished since Jonahs departure. Thats not a refelection on the legends abilities though.

Jonah could play the role that Cav has been given and probably still contribute in the goals column whilst passing the ball from A to B
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:04 - Dec 8 with 1430 viewsBeefCurtain

Lol at the people defending Coleman. I'm not for 'Coleman out' but we've been 3-0 down at halftime in consecutive home games. That is unacceptable for any manager, with any set of players, in any situation. P.s Lillis needs to be dropped, he' an absolute liablity.

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:08 - Dec 8 with 1422 views442Dale

Either Coleman goes or I go on 19:59 - Dec 8 by TalkingSutty

I think we have been at this junction before and i have to concede Tutte has flourished since Jonahs departure. Thats not a refelection on the legends abilities though.

Jonah could play the role that Cav has been given and probably still contribute in the goals column whilst passing the ball from A to B

He could, but would have to change his game completely. Would he have accepted that?

Anyway, Jones left because it suited everyone. We'd not be having this conversation if Coleman had stuck to a formation that actually worked at home (and included Cavanagh!)

Login to get fewer ads

Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:12 - Dec 8 with 1411 viewsTalkingSutty

Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:08 - Dec 8 by 442Dale

He could, but would have to change his game completely. Would he have accepted that?

Anyway, Jones left because it suited everyone. We'd not be having this conversation if Coleman had stuck to a formation that actually worked at home (and included Cavanagh!)

Kennedy will also be leaving because it suits everybody, nice and convenient that explanation.
Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:16 - Dec 8 with 1404 views442Dale

Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:12 - Dec 8 by TalkingSutty

Kennedy will also be leaving because it suits everybody, nice and convenient that explanation.

Kennedy is a separate conversation.

Jones needed a new challenge, by his own standards he was very poor last season. We had players who could replace him and Bradford wanted to improve their midfield.

We need Kennedy, there is no one at the club who can do the box to box work as effectively as he can and the team would be poorer without him. If he leaves it would make no sense whatsoever on a footballing level - unlike the Jones departure.

Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:24 - Dec 8 with 1392 viewsAtThePeake

Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:12 - Dec 8 by TalkingSutty

How exactly does it suit everybody?

Hasn't Kennedy played essentially every game? I mean, he's consistently been getting in the team over Crainey, who's supposedly his best mate.

Tangled up in blue.

Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:29 - Dec 8 with 1373 viewsTalkingSutty

Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:24 - Dec 8 by AtThePeake

How exactly does it suit everybody?

Hasn't Kennedy played essentially every game? I mean, he's consistently been getting in the team over Crainey, who's supposedly his best mate.

Lets see what happens with the Kennedy situation then. It seems to me that he is often used as the scapegoat, i wouldnt rate JK as a Coleman type player, he doesnt have the right mentality if you know what i mean.
Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:30 - Dec 8 with 1369 views442Dale

Anyway, 32 members online - got to love home defeats for messageboard traffic.

Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:44 - Dec 8 with 1342 viewsSandyman

Come on. Coleman sets his home team one way, and one way only. No change if it goes wrong. Every other team in the league can see this. We were 0-3 down at half time last week. Shall we adapt and resolve the problem? No. 7 days later, we are 0-3 down at half time again. Are the alarm bells seriously not ringing???? The man is ignorant, stubborn, clueless, won't change the system, won't recruit any player outside his Scouse/Accy realm. Reminds me so much of Barrow and his talentless old mates team of 1996-99, and Rochdale AFC 2012 should be above that. Our home record in a poor division is unacceptable. This team as played by this one system only manager is utter rubbish. Face the facts. If this is "overachievement" or worthy of praise as some fans are saying, why bother anymore? RAFC is a million times better than what Coleman has brought to the club.

rafcjosh can cheer all he likes - if he likes seeing the club go down the toilet due to football mismanagement, that's his perogative. I don't, and will boo. Or not turn up at all as so many are doing. That's MY perogative.

Buying a season ticket was a serious mistake on my part. Absolute waste of money with this arrogant clueless one dimensional dinosaur in charge.

Coleman out.
Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:46 - Dec 8 with 1335 viewsBeefCurtain

Can I just add that despite the errors from Lillis, the second goal was by far the most worrying for me. Why did we push so many people forward whilst only being one goal behind? One of the easiest counter attacking goals I've ever seen conceded.

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:47 - Dec 8 with 1325 viewsroccydaleian

Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:44 - Dec 8 by Sandyman

Come on. Coleman sets his home team one way, and one way only. No change if it goes wrong. Every other team in the league can see this. We were 0-3 down at half time last week. Shall we adapt and resolve the problem? No. 7 days later, we are 0-3 down at half time again. Are the alarm bells seriously not ringing???? The man is ignorant, stubborn, clueless, won't change the system, won't recruit any player outside his Scouse/Accy realm. Reminds me so much of Barrow and his talentless old mates team of 1996-99, and Rochdale AFC 2012 should be above that. Our home record in a poor division is unacceptable. This team as played by this one system only manager is utter rubbish. Face the facts. If this is "overachievement" or worthy of praise as some fans are saying, why bother anymore? RAFC is a million times better than what Coleman has brought to the club.

rafcjosh can cheer all he likes - if he likes seeing the club go down the toilet due to football mismanagement, that's his perogative. I don't, and will boo. Or not turn up at all as so many are doing. That's MY perogative.

Buying a season ticket was a serious mistake on my part. Absolute waste of money with this arrogant clueless one dimensional dinosaur in charge.

Coleman out.

Agreed.
Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:48 - Dec 8 with 1321 viewssandylaner1

Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:46 - Dec 8 by BeefCurtain

Can I just add that despite the errors from Lillis, the second goal was by far the most worrying for me. Why did we push so many people forward whilst only being one goal behind? One of the easiest counter attacking goals I've ever seen conceded.

like they did away at southend, again

2 weeks since that game, same problems
Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:50 - Dec 8 with 1312 viewsR17ALE

Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:46 - Dec 8 by BeefCurtain

Agreed. It came about when Phil Edwards was pushing up on the left. He put over a half arsed cross which was cleared to Exeter's right flank, and Edwards wasn't even half way back to his position.

It's yet another example of why he shouldn't be used as a full back, and ironically is most likely why he will be picked to play full back in the next fixture!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Either Coleman goes or I go on 21:06 - Dec 8 with 1277 viewsDaley_Lama

Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:50 - Dec 8 by R17ALE

Agreed. It came about when Phil Edwards was pushing up on the left. He put over a half arsed cross which was cleared to Exeter's right flank, and Edwards wasn't even half way back to his position.

It's yet another example of why he shouldn't be used as a full back, and ironically is most likely why he will be picked to play full back in the next fixture!

I want to see who was playing Cureton onside for that second goal when the ball was played through.

It looked to me that he was offside for about 3 seconds as their lad waited to play the through ball.

Having said that, the linesman was in the best spot and Cureton ran the line fantastically well all day today.

Poll: DF in or out

Either Coleman goes or I go on 21:08 - Dec 8 with 1274 viewsToffeemanc

Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:44 - Dec 8 by Sandyman

Coleman out.

This sums up my feelings perfectly.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Either Coleman goes or I go on 21:13 - Dec 8 with 1261 views442Dale

Either Coleman goes or I go on 21:06 - Dec 8 by Daley_Lama

I want to see who was playing Cureton onside for that second goal when the ball was played through.

It looked to me that he was offside for about 3 seconds as their lad waited to play the through ball.

Having said that, the linesman was in the best spot and Cureton ran the line fantastically well all day today.

Cureton was constantly checking his position for that run. It was if he was working in slo-motion to everyone else.

Received deserved applause for his role in the goal.

Either Coleman goes or I go on 18:16 - Dec 9 with 1192 viewsfermin

Either Coleman goes or I go on 21:06 - Dec 8 by Daley_Lama

Rafferty was playing him on. He was more concerned with sticking his arm in the air claiming offside than marking the player who scored. He gained a yard on Rafferty while the latter had his arm in the air staring at the linesman.
Either Coleman goes or I go on 18:21 - Dec 9 with 1185 viewsSalwaDale

Either Coleman goes or I go on 18:16 - Dec 9 by fermin

Rafferty was playing him on. He was more concerned with sticking his arm in the air claiming offside than marking the player who scored. He gained a yard on Rafferty while the latter had his arm in the air staring at the linesman.

So the first goal was Rafferty's fault for the stupid challenge that gave away the freekick. The second goal was Rafferty's fault for being way behind the other two defenders and then stopping to appeal when he could have (sorry of) chased back and made Cureton shoot rather than pass.

And then he goes on Twitter claiming to be harshly treated. #GetAGrip.

TBBT

Either Coleman goes or I go on 18:44 - Dec 9 with 1149 viewsSaxonDale

Either Coleman goes or I go on 19:55 - Dec 8 by AtThePeake

I don't see why not.

Jones & Perkins springs to mind.

Perkins was better defensively than Tutte. Any attempt to play them two in the middle would simply result in Jones having to play deeper where there are much better alternatives.
Either Coleman goes or I go on 20:16 - Dec 9 with 1105 viewsolympicdale

Either Coleman goes or I go on 18:32 - Dec 8 by AtThePeake

Like I said in another thread

John Coleman is not the miracle worker that Keith Hill is.

We are not a League One club. We're a midtable League Two club at best. As HIlly said a billion times whilst he was manager of our club, we were overachieving. Massively. Now we're not, it wasn't going to last forever was it?

That doesn't mean we have to accept being a 'mid table League Two club at best' though, just standing still, that is what Keith hill had to battle over, that attitude, but there's nothing to say we can't overachieve again.

Life is a game of fate.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024