Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adel to Wolfsburg 10:49 - May 22 with 8065 viewsthairanger

Looks like he's not going to be part of the plans had talks with Wolfsburg last 6millon agreed.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 10:52 - May 22 with 3499 viewskensalriser

Or, Taarabt not for sale this summer according to Hughes. Depends where you read it I guess.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Adel to Wolfsburg on 10:52 - May 22 with 3482 viewsSpiritofGregory

Wouldn't surprise me. Managing Adel is a constant headache.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 10:55 - May 22 with 3467 viewsthairanger

Just read it on news now said he's had talks last week
Adel to Wolfsburg on 10:56 - May 22 with 3449 viewsJamie

IF Taarabt is leaving and it is an IF, then it's good news that they are sitting down early and sorting it out so that we know where we are rather than having him return for pre-season and fart ass around haggling with clubs.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 10:59 - May 22 with 3414 viewsWokingR

This story is from The Daily Mail and nowhere else so we could also be led to believe that we are about to sign Messi as his replacement
Adel to Wolfsburg on 10:59 - May 22 with 3409 viewsSpiritofGregory

Adel to Wolfsburg on 10:56 - May 22 by Jamie

IF Taarabt is leaving and it is an IF, then it's good news that they are sitting down early and sorting it out so that we know where we are rather than having him return for pre-season and fart ass around haggling with clubs.

Agreed, need to get this resolved quickly, don't want a repeat of last season.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:00 - May 22 with 3407 viewsBlackCrowe

He won't be going anywhere for £6m IMO.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:01 - May 22 with 3398 viewsDevonWhite

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:00 - May 22 by BlackCrowe

He won't be going anywhere for £6m IMO.

I can't see him going to Germany.
Login to get fewer ads

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:07 - May 22 with 3338 viewsAntti_Heinola

Adel to Wolfsburg on 10:52 - May 22 by SpiritofGregory

Wouldn't surprise me. Managing Adel is a constant headache.

Been fine since Xmas. Don't think he's given Hughes a problem at all.

Bare bones.

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:07 - May 22 with 3339 viewseastside_r

So the sources for this are News Now and the Daily Mail.

Might as well have said ' I just made this up.'
Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:08 - May 22 with 3323 viewsspencer

End of season priorities....
Stay up....Secure services of the players you want to keep and those that you want to release.....Make sure you have a manager in place...make sure you have backing of the board....Sort out shirts keep fans happy, get season tickets sorted etc etc...

For the past x seasons, we have not really had all this in place....It appears to be all in order....so now, they got out and look for replacements,additions, so that they can have a good pre season with out to much instability...and therefore have a stress free season with QPR finishing mid table and having good cup run
Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:08 - May 22 with 3321 viewsjonno

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Exactly. Effectively that would mean we could have him playing for us next season for a real cost of £3 million.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:11 - May 22 with 3294 viewstimcocking

Personally i'd rate him more like 20 million, but of course he only has one more year left which brings the price right down.

I wish they'd signed him up longer term last year. He's irreplaceable, my favourite player to watch. I'll be gutted if he leaves for a paltry few million. He can win us new fans. And games.

Germany ffs.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:14 - May 22 with 3257 viewsGloucs_R

link?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:19 - May 22 with 3228 viewsadhoc_qpr

I could see this happening, but not for £6m. Wolfsburg aren't the most glamourous club, but they were Bundesliga Champions a few years ago and they are loaded. £8m plus add ons and a hefty wage for Adel and it seems possible.

I think Adel's been excellent for the last few months but if Hughes is now building a team to play his preferred brand of football, he'll be making changes.

Hughes seems to favour big, athletic, hard working players and Adel doesn't really fit the mould.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:20 - May 22 with 3212 viewsSpiritofGregory

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:07 - May 22 by Antti_Heinola

Been fine since Xmas. Don't think he's given Hughes a problem at all.

Wasted half a season, showed Warnock a complete lack of respect after all Warnock had done for him. Will Hughes want to constantly baby sit Adel?

He's hardly set the Premier League alight, things will be different next season, Adel might not necessarily get into the team as often as he has in the past. Will he be able to handle this?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:21 - May 22 with 3204 viewsJamie

The problem is, unless Taarabt is willing to sign a new contract, he can walk away for essentially nothing in 6 months.

If Taarabt won't sign a new deal we have to take what we can get.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:28 - May 22 with 3141 viewsSpiritofGregory

The guy was great in the Championship but not all that in the Premier League. He does not fit into Hughes style of play. He is too much of an individual, he's not a team player.

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:38 - May 22 with 3099 viewsJonDoeman

Really hope he stays, love watching him.

It Is What It Is !!

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:38 - May 22 with 3092 viewsQPR_Jim

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:28 - May 22 by SpiritofGregory

The guy was great in the Championship but not all that in the Premier League. He does not fit into Hughes style of play. He is too much of an individual, he's not a team player.

I must have imagined his performance against Chelsea at home and all the other games he did well in and caused trouble to established premier league players. I must have also imagined his tracking back and effort for the second half of the season.

TBH it sounds like what I guess you'd have been saying this time last year and you need to change the record because Adel has show he can be hard working, can trouble premier league defences and can play under Hughes with no tantrums. If he can do that over a full season he will be going to a top 6 club next summer.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:40 - May 22 with 3078 viewsGloucs_R

What if....1 year left on his contract. Demands £60k a week.

Do we sell him for £5m or pay him £3.1 a year?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:41 - May 22 with 3064 viewsswisscottage

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:28 - May 22 by SpiritofGregory

I guess I must have been watching a different player since Hughes came in. He wouldn't have got in the team under Hughes if he wasn't playign for the team.

One of the reason Taiwo's performance improved was the extra cover he was getting in front of him from Adel. Personally there isn't a left sided midfielder/winger in England I'd rather swap him for.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:43 - May 22 with 3052 viewsrcap

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:38 - May 22 by QPR_Jim

I must have imagined his performance against Chelsea at home and all the other games he did well in and caused trouble to established premier league players. I must have also imagined his tracking back and effort for the second half of the season.

TBH it sounds like what I guess you'd have been saying this time last year and you need to change the record because Adel has show he can be hard working, can trouble premier league defences and can play under Hughes with no tantrums. If he can do that over a full season he will be going to a top 6 club next summer.

This. Hughes isn't Pulis or Blackwell - we're not going to just have a team of cloggers playing long balls at Zamora. He likes a 4-4-2 with creativity on the wings and two tough CMs. From what Dave Mc's been saying Hughes is looking for more creativity from midfield. Adel's the only one that provides that atm.

I'm not saying we're not going to sell him - but if we do, it'll be more about the replacements/Adel wanting to leave than his perceived inability to track back and his grumpiness.
Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:44 - May 22 with 1519 viewsJonDoeman

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:40 - May 22 by Gloucs_R

Sell him for 5 mill when Spurs get 40 % ...leave it out!
Thought PSG were offering more than 10?

It Is What It Is !!

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:44 - May 22 with 1515 viewsQPR_Jim

Adel to Wolfsburg on 11:40 - May 22 by Gloucs_R

Good question.

My answer would be to negotiate and reduce that figure a bit but essentially pay him. I think he needs to be at or near the top of the wages tree.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024