Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Given? 22:31 - May 21 with 3606 viewsWatfordR

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/9281013/Quee
Given? on 22:32 - May 21 with 2726 viewsWeAreQPR12

Good keeper but too old for me.

Not a massive fan of Green so I think we should get Foster.

He's been outstanding for west brom this season and is a good age.
Given? on 22:36 - May 21 with 2684 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Given? on 22:32 - May 21 by WeAreQPR12

I agree with Foster but would take Given over him any day.
Fantastic keeper and not that old when you see how Friedel is doing .
One of the best one on one shotstoppers I have ever seen.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Given? on 22:43 - May 21 with 2639 viewsPey

Honestly ?
Back in the days one of the best goalkeepers.

If we as a club wanna show real intention to become a real force in the PL we don't need overpaid overaged leftovers from other clubs on big wages.
Mistakes from last season should have learned us something ?

Ben Foster, now with that goalkeeper the club would show real intention.
Right age and still would have at least 4 good years to come and taking this club further.
Given? on 23:06 - May 21 with 2561 viewsLblock

From what I saw in the run in, Given and Marc Cluelessberg single handed kept Villa up
Keepers like Given are worth 9 points a season min

I'd still prefer Stockdale or Al Habsi but I've a feeling Paddy could get over whatever injury he was carrying and be back

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Given? on 23:27 - May 21 with 2500 viewsSpiritofGregory

Hughes doesn't rate Paddy. Must say I've been really disappointed with Paddy this season and now understand why he has never been signed by an established premier league club.

Given is quality. Can't stand Green, I always get the feeling that he'll at some point during a match drop a clanger.
Given? on 23:31 - May 21 with 2491 viewsimustbemad

Shay Given is probably the best keeper of the last 5+ years, Fantastic signing if it came off. At least another 2-3 years at the top level in him
Given? on 23:37 - May 21 with 2470 viewsWatford_Ranger

I'd be delighted. Obviously he's nearing the end but his form of this season suggests he's not as on the wane as much as most his age.
Given? on 23:38 - May 21 with 2466 viewsshrewranger

Given? on 23:31 - May 21 by imustbemad

Shay Given is probably the best keeper of the last 5+ years, Fantastic signing if it came off. At least another 2-3 years at the top level in him

agreed....rather him than green any day,but only at the right price.love paddy, but the time has come sadly.
Login to get fewer ads

Given? on 00:00 - May 22 with 2439 viewsINFIRMARY

Given? on 23:38 - May 21 by shrewranger

agreed....rather him than green any day,but only at the right price.love paddy, but the time has come sadly.

Great Keeper, watching him when we played Villa it was everything else he offered in regards of back line leadership and commanding his area ! plus time wasting

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

Given? on 00:08 - May 22 with 2425 viewsHollowayRanger

robinson and green both out of contract

carson and given would cost us funds they could be used elsewhere?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Given? on 02:14 - May 22 with 2342 viewstimcocking

I'd have loved Given earlier, now i'd prefer a bigger, younger keeper, but he's still young enough to be quality. Similar to Paul Robinson, who's a free transfer.

After being in Rustenberg and watching Robert "spastic" Green, i can't forgive him.
Given? on 03:15 - May 22 with 2334 viewshoopstar67

I'm sorry how can you reject Given? By far one of the best keepers in the country and you want to reject him for Foster who had a nightmare of a game against us.Foster is always prone to mistakes.
Given? on 05:05 - May 22 with 2306 viewsexiled_dictator

Given is 'only' 36, which is generally old for a football player, but i doubt many would turn down the Ryan Giggs option at 38. Plus a goalie generally has a couple more years than an outfield player.
Are we still linked with 37 year old Del Piero? And Scholes, like him or not, is still quite handy at a similar age.
Exceptions rather than the rule, but don't rule someone out due to age.
Given has been a quality keeper for years, and still has it.
Better than anything we have at the moment, and can still offer a couple of seasons of safety & security in the box. Well worth the effort, as it now seems likely that Kenny will be teaming up with Warnock at Leeds.
Less inspired by Green, who seems to use butter on his gloves to keep them shiny. Obviously, a quality keeper is needed and I wouldn't say no to Given even at his current pay rate.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Given? on 07:44 - May 22 with 2204 viewsKevinPR

I'd be happy if we snapped Given up. 36 is not old for a goalkeeper.

I've never been too convinced by Green.
Given? on 07:57 - May 22 with 2176 viewsGloucs_R

Being an ex keeper....

Given, one of the best keepers in the Prem and would be Man City number 1 if it werent for Joe Hart.

Foster - still learning, good keeper but loses concentration from time to time

Green - not actually that fussed about him. Average to good.

I'd have Given with Lewis as his back up. If it came down to money then Foster.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Given? on 08:21 - May 22 with 2149 viewswombat

would bring him in a heartbeat , great keeper not to old either , commands his box brilliantly and a superb shot stopper also dont think he would cost a huge amount either

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Given? on 12:40 - May 22 with 2019 viewsW7Ranger

Given? on 02:14 - May 22 by timcocking

I'd have loved Given earlier, now i'd prefer a bigger, younger keeper, but he's still young enough to be quality. Similar to Paul Robinson, who's a free transfer.

After being in Rustenberg and watching Robert "spastic" Green, i can't forgive him.

"spastic"????

Have a word with yerself fella ffs!!!
Given? on 13:41 - May 22 with 1961 viewsTacticalR

Isn't Paddy supposed to have some kind of hip injury? I thought it was going to be operated on.

The thing he has a problem with is getting down to low shots (possibly due to the injury). One of his best reflex saves was against Robin van Persie at Loftus Road, as that was not a low shot.

Air hostess clique

Given? on 14:00 - May 22 with 1922 viewsTonto

Kenny was great last year.

this season - meh... some good saves (van persie) but too many clangers (Zabaletta). Rumours of the hip injury could be the reason - but is there any guarantee it wil sort itself over the summer?

I think we could, indeed should upgrade. Foster, Robinson and Given are all upgrades - green about equal. But Given is getting on a bit, would rather get Foster or Robinson.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Given? on 14:11 - May 22 with 1898 viewsbarbicanranger

this is unbearable the season's just finished and we've already been linked with 3 keepers, one of our top players going to wolfsb. and we're hot on the heals of victor moses...
Given? on 16:54 - May 22 with 1840 viewsMattnme

I guess i'm the only one that likes Hennessey at Wolves. Imo he stopped them getting less points than Derby.
Given? on 17:01 - May 22 with 1832 viewsadhoc_qpr

Given? on 16:54 - May 22 by Mattnme

I guess i'm the only one that likes Hennessey at Wolves. Imo he stopped them getting less points than Derby.

Hennessey is decent enough, but he's out for the next 6 months at least with a damaged cruciate ligament.

Sadly for Paddy, he just couldn't replicate hisChampionship winning form whether due to the better standard or his injuries i'm not sure.

I'd take any of the keeper mentioned over him - Given, Robinson, Green, Foster.
Given? on 17:36 - May 22 with 1799 viewspomanjou

Plenty of top goalies have played well into their 40s and some closer to 50. Peter Shilton still played for England at 41 and stayed a pro until he was 46 I believe.

Given would be good for 5 years easy.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Given? on 18:25 - May 22 with 1756 viewsbrendan

Given???? Yes Please!!
Top pro, years left in him. Can't believe one of the real big teams didn't sign him at some stage.
Given? on 18:30 - May 22 with 1746 viewskomradkirk

Top keeper,but i see news of qpr's interest has him going down with an injury training with Ireland.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024