Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Halifax match thread 19:44 - Oct 22 with 7592 views442Dale

Playing in white.

No team changes at home more than us. And some people think our style of play is the biggest problem.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Halifax match thread on 19:58 - Oct 22 with 4396 viewsRodingdale

Commentary team bang on message. ‘Jim not entirely happy with Saturdays performance, we struggled after Southend scored. Fans frustrated by Southend time wasting’. Ah - the boos were for Southend. 🙄

0-0 after 12 mins. All Halifax.
Halifax match thread on 20:00 - Oct 22 with 4396 viewsnordenblue

Halifax match thread on 19:58 - Oct 22 by Rodingdale

Commentary team bang on message. ‘Jim not entirely happy with Saturdays performance, we struggled after Southend scored. Fans frustrated by Southend time wasting’. Ah - the boos were for Southend. 🙄

0-0 after 12 mins. All Halifax.

Well under the cosh here, something needs tweaking and quickly before we concede

Edit... 1.0 up Gordon, been absolutely battered for 40 mins then knick a goal
[Post edited 22 Oct 20:26]
Halifax match thread on 20:26 - Oct 22 with 4272 viewsRodingdale

1-0 Gordon. Well worked from a corner. We needed that!!
Halifax match thread on 20:35 - Oct 22 with 4207 views442Dale

No chance to settle, Halifax on top. We’ve defended well and then looked to attack when given the chance. Well worked goal.

Resilient.

Halifax match thread on 21:09 - Oct 22 with 3989 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Shoot a bit....cause some chaos!
Halifax match thread on 21:21 - Oct 22 with 3927 viewsDalenet

Go 5 at the back and beaten by smallest man on the pitch
Halifax match thread on 21:22 - Oct 22 with 3897 views442Dale

Halifax match thread on 21:21 - Oct 22 by Dalenet

The formation didn’t change! But yeah, poor defending. Really good header mind.

Halifax match thread on 21:24 - Oct 22 with 3859 viewsnordenblue

Halifax match thread on 21:21 - Oct 22 by Dalenet

Been second best at home for most the game, no more than Halifax deserve they've been streets ahead.
Login to get fewer ads

Halifax match thread on 21:48 - Oct 22 with 3585 viewsRodingdale

Halifax match thread on 21:24 - Oct 22 by nordenblue

Been second best at home for most the game, no more than Halifax deserve they've been streets ahead.

A win is a win, hopefully builds some confidence. But that was hard to watch, Halifax going forward left the game open and we took our chance.
Halifax match thread on 21:51 - Oct 22 with 3547 views442Dale

Proper game that. Halifax will feel disappointed not to have taken anything but we defended well (bar the goal) and McNulty was tactically spot on with changing the wing backs around and then his use of subs.

Finding a way to win when the whole team are working together to be as effective as possible is all we can ask. It was a throw back to a bygone era when Dale teams maybe not be as good as their opponents on the night, but commitment, defending as well as we can and some glimpses of clever skill win out.

Great win.

Halifax match thread on 21:55 - Oct 22 with 3494 viewsD_Alien

Halifax match thread on 21:51 - Oct 22 by 442Dale

Proper game that. Halifax will feel disappointed not to have taken anything but we defended well (bar the goal) and McNulty was tactically spot on with changing the wing backs around and then his use of subs.

Finding a way to win when the whole team are working together to be as effective as possible is all we can ask. It was a throw back to a bygone era when Dale teams maybe not be as good as their opponents on the night, but commitment, defending as well as we can and some glimpses of clever skill win out.

Great win.

Talking of a bygone era... i could be wrong but i think that's our first victory over Halifax since the Paddy McCourt late winner at The Shay in 2002

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Halifax match thread on 22:15 - Oct 22 with 3267 viewsPearl_v_Sandy

Pearl 6 Sandy 5
Halifax match thread on 22:48 - Oct 22 with 2963 viewsTalkingSutty

Halifax match thread on 21:55 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

Talking of a bygone era... i could be wrong but i think that's our first victory over Halifax since the Paddy McCourt late winner at The Shay in 2002

We beat a good Halifax team tonight with a performance that screamed character and fight, the players should be proud for digging in deep and finding a way to win. I thought the turning point of the game was the fantastic save from Robson in the first half, turning the goal bound free kick on to the post. From that moment we slowly started to play and shortly after took the lead against the run of play. The second half was a great contest, fortunately we manged to take our chance and McBride proved yet again what a integral part of the squad he is with a nice header. I had two man of the matches, Hogan was solid and won a lot of headers and Berger was industrious throughout, a great effort by a player who is playing out of position and sacrificing his own game for the good of the team. Credit also to the manager he tweaked the starting line up and we won the game.
Halifax match thread on 23:08 - Oct 22 with 2801 viewsturnthescrew

We deserved the win for the way we fought to earn it. Halifax were a better and bigger challenge than Southend but we were a far better team tonight than last Saturday.

For all their endeavour, we stood strong, defended well and got 3 well earned points. A good game to watch, some good individual performances all over the pitch. That ball from Allakariah to McBride was superb.

We can - and will - get better. Saturday will be a big test at Barnet, but no reason to fear them. Let them worry about us.
Halifax match thread on 23:26 - Oct 22 with 2681 views442Dale

Goals now on YouTube.

Great move for the winner. Didn’t realise how much of a part Beckwith played. We are at our best when we can get the wide central defenders contributing to attacks.
[Post edited 22 Oct 23:27]

Halifax match thread on 23:27 - Oct 22 with 2665 viewsDalenet

Decent attendance for a Tuesday night after the disappointment of Saturday. There were 607 from Yorkshire. As others have said - the team ground out a win after a more determined second half. The first half was worse than the Southend game and our goal was completely against the run of play if we were honest - but that's football. Onwards and upwards - 4th in the table is a good place to be.
Halifax match thread on 23:28 - Oct 22 with 2658 viewsTVOS1907

Halifax match thread on 21:55 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

It is, although tbf, we've only played them three times since!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Halifax match thread on 23:59 - Oct 22 with 2523 views_Windydale

Fantastic win, Halfiax's game plan to pressurize and boss the game worked . They looked like the home team first half thankfully weathered the storm. Thought we could have done better in midfield getting the ball wide or through to the front men.. We've enough skill in the team, but needed a bit of brawn, Burger, can't fault his tenacity, not a liam kelly, first touch sometimes lets him down and cautious passing frustrated while in our half. Although further up the pitch hes a quick thinker and contributes to good link up play. In atttack I would like to see Mcbride do more abit more and without the ball, a passenger, would like to see him not stand of his man all the time. Allarakhia is my favourite player at the moment, the dangerous runs are exciting and that pass to Mcbride(edit) for his goal, was great. Kyron Gordon deserved man of the match, a good fighter and not a sulker. Hendersons jumping on top for his celebrations was abit x-rated but the lads were clearly happy taking the lead.
[Post edited 23 Oct 12:00]
Halifax match thread on 00:29 - Oct 23 with 2449 viewsSandyman

It's not the derby day that it was between Dale and Halifax, but that was a proper derby game. The aforementioned night when Paddy McCourt won it for us at The Shay was a mosh of legend in the away end.

Credit to Halifax. They took us apart the first 25-ish minutes. Faster, better organised, great passing and tackling and pushing forward at every opportunity. Great to watch. They beat us 0-1 here last season and deserved that thoroughly. They've got a great team going on there. However, after last Saturday's bore fest, Dale showed a lot of character, and there were some great individual performances that helped the team as a whole. Robson, Gordon, Henderson... and the rest. Good set piece for our goal. It took guts to win that game and Dale showed they have guts. Credit to the manager for tactical changes 2nd half that mostly nullified the Shaymen, and credit to the team for fighting for the win. The way they defended our lead the last 5-10 minutes was exemplary and something very good to learn from. The nightmare of regular late goals conceded under BBM has to be be something of the past.

Jim mentions Halifax were "hungry" - something we could do better at. We need to tackle better for sure.

The officials? A picky little ref who was petty in equal measure for both sides. The linesman running the away side who missed the clearest offside decision in the history of football second half dropped the clanger of his career. Worst I've seen here this season.

The way the players celebrated together and with us in The Sandy as the final whistle blew was great. You could see how much it meant to them and vice-versa. All in it together? I hope so. Unity is hard at times, that solidarity got the filth out of our club and can take us forward.

I'm too old to spend 90+ minutes singing. Credit to the people behind the goal in The Sandy (and Pearl St) for their passion and keeping the noise levels up. Jim appreciates it on behalf of the team. Please keep it going.

UP THE DALE
Halifax match thread on 00:54 - Oct 23 with 2422 viewsSandyman

Halifax match thread on 23:26 - Oct 22 by 442Dale

Goals now on YouTube.

Great move for the winner. Didn’t realise how much of a part Beckwith played. We are at our best when we can get the wide central defenders contributing to attacks.
[Post edited 22 Oct 23:27]

"It's all gone quiet over there" from t'Shaymen, then we score

Halifax match thread on 01:08 - Oct 23 with 2407 views_Windydale

Halifax match thread on 00:54 - Oct 23 by Sandyman

"It's all gone quiet over there" from t'Shaymen, then we score

Yes a silencing moment for the vocal Shaymen' great timing
Halifax match thread on 07:20 - Oct 23 with 2033 viewsnordenblue

Halifax match thread on 21:48 - Oct 22 by Rodingdale

A win is a win, hopefully builds some confidence. But that was hard to watch, Halifax going forward left the game open and we took our chance.

A hard fought ground out result in the end so deserve massive credit, still think there's far far more to come from this group of players... seem to have said that for what feels like years, it's like driving a car with the hand brake on far too often.
Halifax match thread on 08:06 - Oct 23 with 1888 viewsdingdangblue

Halifax match thread on 00:29 - Oct 23 by Sandyman

It's not the derby day that it was between Dale and Halifax, but that was a proper derby game. The aforementioned night when Paddy McCourt won it for us at The Shay was a mosh of legend in the away end.

Credit to Halifax. They took us apart the first 25-ish minutes. Faster, better organised, great passing and tackling and pushing forward at every opportunity. Great to watch. They beat us 0-1 here last season and deserved that thoroughly. They've got a great team going on there. However, after last Saturday's bore fest, Dale showed a lot of character, and there were some great individual performances that helped the team as a whole. Robson, Gordon, Henderson... and the rest. Good set piece for our goal. It took guts to win that game and Dale showed they have guts. Credit to the manager for tactical changes 2nd half that mostly nullified the Shaymen, and credit to the team for fighting for the win. The way they defended our lead the last 5-10 minutes was exemplary and something very good to learn from. The nightmare of regular late goals conceded under BBM has to be be something of the past.

Jim mentions Halifax were "hungry" - something we could do better at. We need to tackle better for sure.

The officials? A picky little ref who was petty in equal measure for both sides. The linesman running the away side who missed the clearest offside decision in the history of football second half dropped the clanger of his career. Worst I've seen here this season.

The way the players celebrated together and with us in The Sandy as the final whistle blew was great. You could see how much it meant to them and vice-versa. All in it together? I hope so. Unity is hard at times, that solidarity got the filth out of our club and can take us forward.

I'm too old to spend 90+ minutes singing. Credit to the people behind the goal in The Sandy (and Pearl St) for their passion and keeping the noise levels up. Jim appreciates it on behalf of the team. Please keep it going.

UP THE DALE

100% effort from all the players, great defending and a little bit of luck! I think we all held our breaths at the end when the keeper won that header!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Halifax match thread on 08:38 - Oct 23 with 1769 viewsTalkingSutty

Halifax match thread on 07:20 - Oct 23 by nordenblue

A hard fought ground out result in the end so deserve massive credit, still think there's far far more to come from this group of players... seem to have said that for what feels like years, it's like driving a car with the hand brake on far too often.

Regarding the tactics employed in most home games i agree, far too slow, walking out with the ball at the back and instinctively looking to pass sideways and backwards rather than the quick forward option. Last night was different, we showed true grit and battling qualities, it was a great effort by the players. I'm not sure McNulty knows how to change our approach to home games ,or even if he wants to do, but I'm pretty certain he has the players in the squad to employ a much more offensive style if he ever decided to do. A 2300 home crowd in what is a local derby is poor, free flowing, exciting, attacking football is something potential fans know they aren't going to see at the COA so we are left with the same loyal hard core unfortunately.

McNulty prefers the tactical challenge to the blood and thunder, get in their faces and put the ball into the box option and although it doesn't get the juices going we are in a play off position. If all managers should be judged on results then McNulty is doing well, i think he's done more than a decent job since he took over nearly 18 months ago. I'm not enamoured with our home performances though, i nearly always leave the ground feeling as though we are capable of producing far more than what i have just witnessed. That's not going to change, the style of his team is a reflection of himself..neat and tidy, very pleasant and nice. I once had a girlfriend like that, lovely girl but i got bored. You want some devilment dont you? Especially at home.
[Post edited 23 Oct 9:17]
Halifax match thread on 09:35 - Oct 23 with 1576 viewsDale_4_Life

That was so much better than Saturday. Credit to Jim and the players.

Even though we had to dig in first half it was obvious that the ball was being moved around so much quicker and generally the play was at a much higher tempo.

Second half was enjoyable to watch with both sides going for it.

The team showed balls character and resilience to score a winner 5 minutes after Halifax made it 1-1. The skill from Allarakhia to jink past 2 defenders, create a quarter yard of space and deliver a perfect cross was first class. Nice header to back across the goal wrongfooting the keeper.

Nothing to fear on Saturday I just continue to hope that the template for a more exciting gameplan has been realised and we see more of last night type performance rather than what was served up on Saturday.

Up the Dale... 27 points on the board 1/3 of the season gone. Pro rata that to 81 points and a top 7 finish.

Much happier this morning what a difference a win and 3 points make.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024