Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ebbsfleet away match thread 14:03 - Oct 5 with 9868 views442Dale

McNicholas and Rodney injured?

At least Henry is back on the bench.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ebbsfleet away match thread on 11:18 - Oct 6 with 811 viewsNorthernDale

At the moment we have two young strikers on loan in Ayinde and Westley, could we not promote Oscar Kelly, who somebody mentioned that he has been scoring for the youth team recently.

The concern is more in CD, with Sassi and EEL out, and with Ferguson possibly suffering a knock yesterday, we are left with Hogan. However if Ferguson knock is slight and a few days treatment is all that is needed, then we can get by. In that Sassi should be back in a month and I am unsure of the timeframe for EEL return, so may be able to hold back on any signing at the moment.

The national league cup is a unwanted distraction, did Oldham apply the four player rule and then took one of after 15 minutes which complied with the rules of the competition.
Ebbsfleet away match thread on 11:19 - Oct 6 with 811 viewsTVOS1907

Ebbsfleet away match thread on 19:49 - Oct 5 by 49thseason

7 points from 9 since Eastleigh isn't the end of the world , today should have been another win but it seems our travails down South are trickier than we might expect. Still lessons learned and all that.
I can't say I am overly bothered about a result at Fylde, coming home with a fully fit team seems more important than hoping for an outside chance of reaching the 3rd round proper. Similarly the games against the u23s or whatever they are, probably better to pull our punches than risk injuries to key players.
Its a long season and we are only 28% through it and currently on target to get around 85 points .. probably enough for a playoff position and on target with the 3 year " back to the EFL" plan too.
This group is much better than last seasons, next season's will be better still, gradual progression, continual improvement.

You might not be bothered about winning at Fylde, but I imagine the majority of the fanbase are, as well as the club and the manager.

There's a small financial gain to be considered, as well, which will increase if we can get further. And I'm not just meaning as far as round three.

Agree with you on the other competition, though.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ebbsfleet away match thread on 18:14 - Oct 6 with 293 viewswheniwasyourage

Ebbsfleet away match thread on 17:02 - Oct 5 by NorthernDale

It was the same last week, get in front and instead of killing off the game, we sit back, today 2 up and second half, instead of killing off in the game, we allow them back into the game. McNulty needs to develop a ruthless streak, because his present approach off when we take the lead, to get the team to sit back, will cost us over the season and could be the difference between promotion and another season in the national league.

My wife came in and found me listening to some soothing pipe music. When she asked what was wrong, I showed her this thread. She looked at it and said, "Ah, the old 'divide and conquer' mentality still exists here."

At half-time, she referred to Rochdale as "we," and by the end, she related it back to your team, which says a lot.

In my opinion, we missed an opportunity. The players seemed to ease off, even if only slightly, but at this level, that’s enough to change the game. You need to be relentless. When your opponent is down, you have to finish the job—metaphorically speaking, of course.

I’m sure the manager will address this, because the game turned so quickly. But that’s football for you. I don’t think it was the referee, the injuries, or the manager’s decisions that caused the loss. I see it as a learning curve for the players, and hopefully, they’ll take this lesson forward and become more ruthless in future matches.

As for the injuries, it’s just an excuse. Ebbsfleet had seven first-team players out.
Ebbsfleet away match thread on 18:34 - Oct 6 with 259 viewsD_Alien

Ebbsfleet away match thread on 18:14 - Oct 6 by wheniwasyourage

My wife came in and found me listening to some soothing pipe music. When she asked what was wrong, I showed her this thread. She looked at it and said, "Ah, the old 'divide and conquer' mentality still exists here."

At half-time, she referred to Rochdale as "we," and by the end, she related it back to your team, which says a lot.

In my opinion, we missed an opportunity. The players seemed to ease off, even if only slightly, but at this level, that’s enough to change the game. You need to be relentless. When your opponent is down, you have to finish the job—metaphorically speaking, of course.

I’m sure the manager will address this, because the game turned so quickly. But that’s football for you. I don’t think it was the referee, the injuries, or the manager’s decisions that caused the loss. I see it as a learning curve for the players, and hopefully, they’ll take this lesson forward and become more ruthless in future matches.

As for the injuries, it’s just an excuse. Ebbsfleet had seven first-team players out.

It is how football goes sometimes

Spurs have just been beaten at Brighton after going in at half time two goals ahead

No doubt their forum will have similar comments, and they have an experienced and successful manager

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ebbsfleet away match thread on 18:52 - Oct 6 with 211 viewsEllDale

I’m not sure how relevant this is but, looking at the highlights, Dale’s second goal came as a direct result of them messing up after playing out from the back following a goalkick?
If it had been at the other end there would have been some severe criticism on here.
Ebbsfleet away match thread on 20:13 - Oct 6 with 31 viewsTVOS1907

Ebbsfleet away match thread on 18:52 - Oct 6 by EllDale

I’m not sure how relevant this is but, looking at the highlights, Dale’s second goal came as a direct result of them messing up after playing out from the back following a goalkick?
If it had been at the other end there would have been some severe criticism on here.

Not sure it's relevant or irrelevant, but you're right, there would have been some criticism on here had it happened at the other end.

To be honest - and I haven't got the analysis to support this - but we've hardly conceded any goals due to playing out from the back, if we take from the start of last season as our sample. I can think of three off the top of my head, but could be missing some.

It's still three too many, mind.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024