Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying 21:38 - Sep 29 with 3967 viewsrobshaker

"this famous old club"

whens the draw???
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 23:09 - Sep 29 with 3861 views100569

Tomorrow....3pm....live on Hawksby and Jacobs show on Talksport.
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 23:26 - Sep 29 with 3828 viewsmikehunt

How old is that club again?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 08:19 - Sep 30 with 3605 viewskel

How the mighty have fallen. bury fans getting themselves all worked up over potentially drawing us in the cup and celebrating a win over the mighty Radcliffe like they’ve won the whole thing.

How very quaint.
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 10:03 - Sep 30 with 3435 viewsceme_ender

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 08:19 - Sep 30 by kel

How the mighty have fallen. bury fans getting themselves all worked up over potentially drawing us in the cup and celebrating a win over the mighty Radcliffe like they’ve won the whole thing.

How very quaint.

It would be a great draw for Dale, in the fact it would be a decent crowd for this stage and you would be up against the lowest ranked team left in.
I dont fancy it as could see us getting hammered 6 or 7 which wouldnt be pleasant viewing, Radclife are a lower end conference north side without a win yet this season, unless they sign some quality improvements will probably go down.
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 11:24 - Sep 30 with 3289 viewsJames1980

Dale are Ball 8
Bury mark 2 are Ball 14

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:55 - Sep 30 with 3242 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 12:47 - Sep 30 with 3110 viewsBarryStrange

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 08:19 - Sep 30 by kel

How very quaint.

To be fair mate we celebrated beating a team 3 divisions above us, like anyone would.

We've also now won as many FA Cup ties this season as we did in the entire 1990s, all of them away against higher division opposition, all except Garforth ones with extra subplots to it. It is legit for us to be happy about it.

Given half the potential opponents for the next round are professional teams, and we aren't, I'd be surprised if it went any further but we will enjoy it for what it was.

Would rather not draw Dale as I think it would draw out the obnoxious members of both fanbases (though quite a few of ours left and satisfyingly had to watch their new club vacate the FA Cup on Saturday - another reason why it was such fun), plus you would win handsomely, and wish you well with whoever you draw.

Hopefully we both get something winnable at home.
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 13:45 - Sep 30 with 2982 viewskel

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 12:47 - Sep 30 by BarryStrange

To be fair mate we celebrated beating a team 3 divisions above us, like anyone would.

We've also now won as many FA Cup ties this season as we did in the entire 1990s, all of them away against higher division opposition, all except Garforth ones with extra subplots to it. It is legit for us to be happy about it.

Given half the potential opponents for the next round are professional teams, and we aren't, I'd be surprised if it went any further but we will enjoy it for what it was.

Would rather not draw Dale as I think it would draw out the obnoxious members of both fanbases (though quite a few of ours left and satisfyingly had to watch their new club vacate the FA Cup on Saturday - another reason why it was such fun), plus you would win handsomely, and wish you well with whoever you draw.

Aye, fair enough on your first point. I was hoping for Rob to be fair.

Totally agree that us drawing each other would bring out the bellends. Some of the usual suspects of ours elsewhere are hoping for it to happen and I doubt it’s because they fancy watching a good game.

I’m in two minds. I miss the days of meeting up with some of you lot pre match, especially when playing for your Dad’s trophy. On the other hand the boards will go into meltdown with bury crowd nonces (seen one post already today) trying to lord it over us whilst knobs from both sides will be drooling at the thought of gesturing from behind lines of police on the day.
[Post edited 30 Sep 13:46]
Login to get fewer ads

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 20:51 - Sep 30 with 2484 viewsrobshaker

unlucky we nearly boosted your average attendance for the season then.

"that famous old ground Gigg Lane"
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 21:01 - Sep 30 with 2427 viewsTVOS1907

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 20:51 - Sep 30 by robshaker

unlucky we nearly boosted your average attendance for the season then.

"that famous old ground Gigg Lane"

Normal clubs don't include cup ties in average attendance figures.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 21:21 - Sep 30 with 2320 viewsrobshaker

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 21:01 - Sep 30 by TVOS1907

Normal clubs don't include cup ties in average attendance figures.

sure thing

you still got oldham anyway
[Post edited 30 Sep 22:39]
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 11:02 - Oct 1 with 1917 viewsBarryStrange

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 13:45 - Sep 30 by kel

Aye, fair enough on your first point. I was hoping for Rob to be fair.

Totally agree that us drawing each other would bring out the bellends. Some of the usual suspects of ours elsewhere are hoping for it to happen and I doubt it’s because they fancy watching a good game.

I’m in two minds. I miss the days of meeting up with some of you lot pre match, especially when playing for your Dad’s trophy. On the other hand the boards will go into meltdown with bury crowd nonces (seen one post already today) trying to lord it over us whilst knobs from both sides will be drooling at the thought of gesturing from behind lines of police on the day.
[Post edited 30 Sep 13:46]

Yeah, would have been a bellend fest had we have drawn each other. Someone just questioned whether it would have been on our site, can only assume they missed our play off final in May. And I'm sure you've got your fare share too, I can recall meeting a few down the years.

Your last para is basically spot on - there is a good atmosphere and a laugh to be had between those with a sense of perspective on both sides. But on the other hand you're right about tedious crowdt**ttery on our side and at the same time coming the other way I can live without chants glorifying Steve Dale or our expulsion from the league as if you didn't nearly go bust too earlier this year.

And football is just a nicer watch without the massed lines of Police tbh.

As it happens, I drove past the Cemetery for the first time in genuinely years a couple of weeks ago, as I was taking Mum to the cinema. She asked whether you still have the trophy. I had assumed it was lost to the mists of time, but thought I was worth asking. Told her I've no idea. Still think we are at least 5 years from competing for it again.
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 12:09 - Oct 1 with 1830 viewskel

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 11:02 - Oct 1 by BarryStrange

Yeah, would have been a bellend fest had we have drawn each other. Someone just questioned whether it would have been on our site, can only assume they missed our play off final in May. And I'm sure you've got your fare share too, I can recall meeting a few down the years.

Your last para is basically spot on - there is a good atmosphere and a laugh to be had between those with a sense of perspective on both sides. But on the other hand you're right about tedious crowdt**ttery on our side and at the same time coming the other way I can live without chants glorifying Steve Dale or our expulsion from the league as if you didn't nearly go bust too earlier this year.

And football is just a nicer watch without the massed lines of Police tbh.

As it happens, I drove past the Cemetery for the first time in genuinely years a couple of weeks ago, as I was taking Mum to the cinema. She asked whether you still have the trophy. I had assumed it was lost to the mists of time, but thought I was worth asking. Told her I've no idea. Still think we are at least 5 years from competing for it again.

I’ll ask and get back to you. I’ve not been in the Cem for nearly a year now but I’m sure that’s where I last saw it.
[Post edited 1 Oct 12:12]
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 12:48 - Oct 1 with 1767 viewsBarryStrange

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 12:09 - Oct 1 by kel

I’ll ask and get back to you. I’ve not been in the Cem for nearly a year now but I’m sure that’s where I last saw it.
[Post edited 1 Oct 12:12]

Cheers, appreciate that. I took Mum to Gigg for the first time since 2019 the day after the drive round Rochdale and she was really pleased the flag is still there.

If they've binned it no worries I just won't tell her, but I know she would be chuffed to know he's still remembered by his Rochdale mates too.
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 21:25 - Oct 1 with 1528 viewsrobshaker

did it not stay in the rose n crown? i went after my first game back last year would be over year ago now to find an empty boarded up pub it must have shut down during covid i doubled back to the staff of life!

got many great memories of your dad like the time we went to scunny away and we picked you up in Leeds you pointed out the terrorists house who had just done London, mansfield away on a friday night he picked me up outside the beehive in his new Jag we won 3-0 and bessies shaker shouting at me across the stand 'rob this is called an away game' the drive back was rapid no piss stops required!!
and off course the many times in the locals and Y3K i do miss him.
[Post edited 1 Oct 21:26]
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 06:48 - Oct 2 with 1333 viewsDale_4_Life

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 12:47 - Sep 30 by BarryStrange

Hey Barry,

Your club was not around in the 90,s...

The AFC Phoenix has done very well but is still yet to make the 1st round proper for the very first time.

#Spindoctors
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 14:00 - Oct 3 with 940 viewsBarryStrange

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 06:48 - Oct 2 by Dale_4_Life

Hey Barry,

The AFC Phoenix has done very well but is still yet to make the 1st round proper for the very first time.

#Spindoctors

Legally you're right. Course you are. Same applies to Rangers, Chester, Macclesfield and a load of other clubs of course.

However, without getting into the technicalities of the IP that the FA granted post merger it begs a bit of "what is a football club?" - Ultimately I see many of the same people at Gigg now as before (even if very different opponents and players), and I sit in the same place to watch a team with the same name.
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 15:18 - Oct 3 with 812 viewsBarryStrange

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 21:25 - Oct 1 by robshaker

did it not stay in the rose n crown? i went after my first game back last year would be over year ago now to find an empty boarded up pub it must have shut down during covid i doubled back to the staff of life!

got many great memories of your dad like the time we went to scunny away and we picked you up in Leeds you pointed out the terrorists house who had just done London, mansfield away on a friday night he picked me up outside the beehive in his new Jag we won 3-0 and bessies shaker shouting at me across the stand 'rob this is called an away game' the drive back was rapid no piss stops required!!
and off course the many times in the locals and Y3K i do miss him.
[Post edited 1 Oct 21:26]

Thanks Rob, glad you still have fond memories of him. Nice knowing people valued him being around and still think about him - fook me that Scunthorpe game were cold. Do remember them winning it in the 120th minute and Flicker punching one of theirs for celebrating.

That Jag, which was the only mid life crisis other than the holidays they went on he really got to buy himself, was hilariously s***e. He drove Mum down to the south of France to his brother's place and the clutch went in the middle of nowhere. Across the language barrier the mechanic just manages to get across "the clutch broke because you don't drive properly". He loses his rag, which only happened about once a decade or so but was usually worth watching, at the mechanic. Mum texts us tells us not to bring it up, and they stopped at mine on the journey back up. Obviously first thing I say "I hear the Jag broke cos you can't drive". He gets in a mard about it again, gets back to Whitefield and my sister pops round "I hear the Jag broke cos you can't drive". Which I'll bet he never mentioned to any of his mates on here. He didn't half make life more fun.
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 20:45 - Oct 3 with 458 viewsrobshaker

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 06:48 - Oct 2 by Dale_4_Life

Hey Barry,

#Spindoctors

yawn
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 20:51 - Oct 3 with 447 viewsrobshaker

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 15:18 - Oct 3 by BarryStrange

Thanks Rob, glad you still have fond memories of him. Nice knowing people valued him being around and still think about him - fook me that Scunthorpe game were cold. Do remember them winning it in the 120th minute and Flicker punching one of theirs for celebrating.

That Jag, which was the only mid life crisis other than the holidays they went on he really got to buy himself, was hilariously s***e. He drove Mum down to the south of France to his brother's place and the clutch went in the middle of nowhere. Across the language barrier the mechanic just manages to get across "the clutch broke because you don't drive properly". He loses his rag, which only happened about once a decade or so but was usually worth watching, at the mechanic. Mum texts us tells us not to bring it up, and they stopped at mine on the journey back up. Obviously first thing I say "I hear the Jag broke cos you can't drive". He gets in a mard about it again, gets back to Whitefield and my sister pops round "I hear the Jag broke cos you can't drive". Which I'll bet he never mentioned to any of his mates on here. He didn't half make life more fun.

lol i think he did mention it rings a bell the clutch going i think in the swan some time after..good times then
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 21:28 - Oct 3 with 390 viewsrobshaker

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 14:00 - Oct 3 by BarryStrange

Legally you're right. Course you are. Same applies to Rangers, Chester, Macclesfield and a load of other clubs of course.

However, without getting into the technicalities of the IP that the FA granted post merger it begs a bit of "what is a football club?" - Ultimately I see many of the same people at Gigg now as before (even if very different opponents and players), and I sit in the same place to watch a team with the same name.

absolute spot on lad!!!... dont think he gets it tho despite go back a few month on here and they wanted their own phoenix club lol.. u would think everyone in football hates us reading this board but nothing could be further from the truth only hate is on here i love it
[Post edited 3 Oct 21:39]
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 23:56 - Oct 3 with 232 viewsmikehunt

How about asking the people whom you shafted for all that money whether they love you.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 00:22 - Oct 4 with 216 viewskel

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 21:28 - Oct 3 by robshaker

absolute spot on lad!!!... dont think he gets it tho despite go back a few month on here and they wanted their own phoenix club lol.. u would think everyone in football hates us reading this board but nothing could be further from the truth only hate is on here i love it
[Post edited 3 Oct 21:39]

Not quite sure that’s true, lad. Have a look on X/Twitter after most of your games and you’ll find fans of a lot of clubs don’t like bury. Could be jealousy I suppose over you massively outspending every club in your league. Can’t blame you for it though, it’s worked out well for you in the past…

Barry - I’ve asked a couple of people re: the trophy. Enquires are ongoing.
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 06:50 - Oct 4 with 73 viewsDale_4_Life

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 14:00 - Oct 3 by BarryStrange

Legally yes...

More important morally Barry.

Hundreds possibly thousands shafted and the pom poms still out at giggle.

Just a complete lack of humility.

What is the plan for the debt? Not even got the balls to liquidate...
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 07:11 - Oct 4 with 65 viewskel

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 06:50 - Oct 4 by Dale_4_Life

Legally yes...

More important morally Barry.

Hundreds possibly thousands shafted and the pom poms still out at giggle.

Just a complete lack of humility.

What is the plan for the debt? Not even got the balls to liquidate...

The humility thing has been noted by me too. They’ve had an away draw in every qualifying FA cup round this season and each time a good number of them seem to think the home club should switch to Gigg because it’s a bigger stadium.

I’ve never, ever seen a Rochdale fan say that in any cup draw we’ve had. You can’t buy class.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024