Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update from Cameron Ogden. 17:57 - Sep 13 with 6475 views442Dale

https://rochdaleafc.co.uk/an-update-from-co-chair-cameron-ogden/

Good read including admitting where things could be better.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 18:42 - Sep 13 with 5035 viewsisitme

An excellent statement which should allay some of the fears that issues behind the scenes are not being addressed, or even identified. This medium term plan sounds exciting.
Update from Cameron Ogden. on 18:58 - Sep 13 with 4858 viewsD_Alien

Music to all our ears

There's a distinctly classy feel to what he's communicating which reflects his family and business experience

He's taken time to have a good look at things, and if he's going to be taking a full role in ensuring progress that's very reassuring

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 19:14 - Sep 13 with 4556 viewsTalkingSutty

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 18:58 - Sep 13 by D_Alien

Music to all our ears

There's a distinctly classy feel to what he's communicating which reflects his family and business experience

He's taken time to have a good look at things, and if he's going to be taking a full role in ensuring progress that's very reassuring

Couldn't agree more👍
Update from Cameron Ogden. on 19:41 - Sep 13 with 4330 viewsTalkingSutty

I appreciate there are plenty of fans that can't do this but if you look at your seasonal spend at the football club and are able to increase it by £250 or £500 then that would be a massive help. Increase your matchday spend by a extra £10/ game, buy pre match drinks in the bars, pies, a programme, half time draw tickets, maybe book pre match hospitality a couple of games during the season and accept the shortcomings, or sponsor a players kit, spend more in the club shop etc. You could even buy two season tickets instead of one. If half the fan base made a concerted effort to do that then that would be the equivalent of putting another thousand fans on the gate. I know some who have already made a conscious decision to spend a lot more money this season up at the club in an effort to support the Ogden family. This fabulous message from the Chairman makes you want to dig deep doesn't it? That's the power of good communication and everybody singing off the same hymn sheet for the good of the cause.
[Post edited 13 Sep 19:43]
Update from Cameron Ogden. (n/t) on 19:53 - Sep 13 with 4221 viewsTalkingSutty

[Post edited 13 Sep 19:54]
Update from Cameron Ogden. on 20:11 - Sep 13 with 4146 views100notout

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 19:41 - Sep 13 by TalkingSutty

I appreciate there are plenty of fans that can't do this but if you look at your seasonal spend at the football club and are able to increase it by £250 or £500 then that would be a massive help. Increase your matchday spend by a extra £10/ game, buy pre match drinks in the bars, pies, a programme, half time draw tickets, maybe book pre match hospitality a couple of games during the season and accept the shortcomings, or sponsor a players kit, spend more in the club shop etc. You could even buy two season tickets instead of one. If half the fan base made a concerted effort to do that then that would be the equivalent of putting another thousand fans on the gate. I know some who have already made a conscious decision to spend a lot more money this season up at the club in an effort to support the Ogden family. This fabulous message from the Chairman makes you want to dig deep doesn't it? That's the power of good communication and everybody singing off the same hymn sheet for the good of the cause.

Or put another way, an extra £10 per game for (say) 1600 adult season card holders equates to a gross increase in income of £368k. Some of this will not all be profit (e.g. h/t draw, club shop sales) but this could add an extra £200k to the bottom line.

Would make a massive difference

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 20:33 - Sep 13 with 3961 viewsTalkingSutty

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 20:11 - Sep 13 by 100notout

Or put another way, an extra £10 per game for (say) 1600 adult season card holders equates to a gross increase in income of £368k. Some of this will not all be profit (e.g. h/t draw, club shop sales) but this could add an extra £200k to the bottom line.

Would make a massive difference

Yes, ultimately we need more fans but winning football will bring that. Perhaps stipulating a set amount is a bit off putting when it comes to spending, if all the fans spend a bit extra in anyway they can afford that would be great.
Update from Cameron Ogden. on 20:42 - Sep 13 with 3990 viewsShun

Quite a stirring statement. Build him a statue.
Login to get fewer ads

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 22:33 - Sep 13 with 3506 viewsdiplodocus

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 19:41 - Sep 13 by TalkingSutty

What would make a massive difference is the council and community doing something for the football club insted of vice versa.
Update from Cameron Ogden. on 23:01 - Sep 13 with 3356 views442Dale

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 22:33 - Sep 13 by diplodocus

What would make a massive difference is the council and community doing something for the football club insted of vice versa.

What could they do?

Maybe it’s on the club to develop better relations with the council to ensure we all benefit.
There’s nothing gained from negativity towards them.

The tone of today’s statement is refreshingly open and with some humility, that’s a positive change.

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 23:41 - Sep 13 with 3209 viewsYorkshire_Dale

He certainly writes a good Call to Arms does Cameron, quite stirring really. Has he touched a nerve, is the Sleeping Giant at Spotland awakening?

Bring it on.
Update from Cameron Ogden. on 04:29 - Sep 14 with 2949 viewsTalkingSutty

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 23:01 - Sep 13 by 442Dale

What could they do?

Maybe it’s on the club to develop better relations with the council to ensure we all benefit.
There’s nothing gained from negativity towards them.

The tone of today’s statement is refreshingly open and with some humility, that’s a positive change.

That's correct, just dismissing the council as 'they won't help us' didn't sit right last year and it doesn't now. They helped us when Chris Dunphy was Chairman and were partners in the Stadium. In fact bringing Chris Dunphy in specifically to help with things like this would be a great move, he has plenty of business contacts and has done similar negotiations before. I would urge Cameron to contact him for a chat, it would be beneficial and i'm sure he would help if he could. Oldham and Bury councils have heavily invested in both their clubs very recently. It's how you engage with people and a lot of it is down to the person doing the negotiating and their personality, if people don't warm to you then you've got a uphill battle from the start. If your reputation goes before you and you've upset people, burnt bridges etc, then you shouldn't be fronting up negotiations. There must be a reason why sponsorship has fallen through the floor and match hospitality, player kit sponsors etc..somebody needs to contact those who failed to renew this season and ask them directly the question, why? That's a very basic thing to do. Ask the powers that be at the council why they have been reluctant to help the football club, especially over the last couple of seasons when we've been desperate. To just dismiss it as a council that doesn't care doesn't sound right.

Rochdale is a place where everybody knows everybody, kick one and they all limp. It's important that the person fronting negotiations is credible and commands the respect of those he's hoping to find favour with, preferably a individual who has first hand experience when it comes to creating business partnerships and portraying what could be a exciting venture both for the club and the wider local community. That person is Cameron Ogden but unfortunately he's based down South, hopefully he has somebody in mind with the experience and communication skills to do the bidding on his behalf.
[Post edited 14 Sep 4:49]
Update from Cameron Ogden. on 05:58 - Sep 14 with 2909 viewsD_Alien

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 04:29 - Sep 14 by TalkingSutty

That's correct, just dismissing the council as 'they won't help us' didn't sit right last year and it doesn't now. They helped us when Chris Dunphy was Chairman and were partners in the Stadium. In fact bringing Chris Dunphy in specifically to help with things like this would be a great move, he has plenty of business contacts and has done similar negotiations before. I would urge Cameron to contact him for a chat, it would be beneficial and i'm sure he would help if he could. Oldham and Bury councils have heavily invested in both their clubs very recently. It's how you engage with people and a lot of it is down to the person doing the negotiating and their personality, if people don't warm to you then you've got a uphill battle from the start. If your reputation goes before you and you've upset people, burnt bridges etc, then you shouldn't be fronting up negotiations. There must be a reason why sponsorship has fallen through the floor and match hospitality, player kit sponsors etc..somebody needs to contact those who failed to renew this season and ask them directly the question, why? That's a very basic thing to do. Ask the powers that be at the council why they have been reluctant to help the football club, especially over the last couple of seasons when we've been desperate. To just dismiss it as a council that doesn't care doesn't sound right.

Rochdale is a place where everybody knows everybody, kick one and they all limp. It's important that the person fronting negotiations is credible and commands the respect of those he's hoping to find favour with, preferably a individual who has first hand experience when it comes to creating business partnerships and portraying what could be a exciting venture both for the club and the wider local community. That person is Cameron Ogden but unfortunately he's based down South, hopefully he has somebody in mind with the experience and communication skills to do the bidding on his behalf.
[Post edited 14 Sep 4:49]

Great post TS

A key aspect in gaining traction with the council will be our relationship with Hornets. Yeah, we know this "divides opinion" and there may be perfectly good historical reasons why the relationship between Dale and Hornets may have broken down

That was then; this is now

Good noises have been coming from the Trust in its dealings with the town's foremost rugby team, which itself has been pushing ahead with community-based initiatives such as the facility at Balderstone

Is this attempt at a reset of relationships reflected throughout Dale as a club? If not - and there's specific and very recent history here - we'll remain on the back foot, including with the council

This needs to change first, and to be seen to be doing so. Both teams are making progress out on the pitch and there will never be a better time to look forward to a new and permanent mutually beneficial relationship. Our new owners wouldn't see it any other way so let's hope there's nothing and no-one getting in the way of that prospect

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 07:14 - Sep 14 with 2698 viewsTalkingSutty

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 05:58 - Sep 14 by D_Alien

Great post TS

A key aspect in gaining traction with the council will be our relationship with Hornets. Yeah, we know this "divides opinion" and there may be perfectly good historical reasons why the relationship between Dale and Hornets may have broken down

That was then; this is now

Good noises have been coming from the Trust in its dealings with the town's foremost rugby team, which itself has been pushing ahead with community-based initiatives such as the facility at Balderstone

Is this attempt at a reset of relationships reflected throughout Dale as a club? If not - and there's specific and very recent history here - we'll remain on the back foot, including with the council

This needs to change first, and to be seen to be doing so. Both teams are making progress out on the pitch and there will never be a better time to look forward to a new and permanent mutually beneficial relationship. Our new owners wouldn't see it any other way so let's hope there's nothing and no-one getting in the way of that prospect

That's a excellent point you make about Hornets. They are an integral part of the the history of sport in the Town and they need including in the plans going forward. I've never been to a rugby league game in my life apart from in a working capacity, i have no real interest in it but would hate to see the club go to the wall. The Hornets fans will love their club with the same passion as us, fellow Rochdalians, that needs to be remembered.

As you say it's time to draw a line under past relationship breakdowns, grown men acting like big girls blouses and carrying grudges like big kids isn't what we need going forward and if they can't change their ways then they should get their coats and bugger off. We've had enough of it. There's no place in the club for individuals who don't grasp the concept of the word 'team' and no individual is more important than anybody else involved with the Club, including the fans. I've only met the Ogden family once but you can tell straight away that is their philosophy, not one ounce of the 'big time Charlie's' on display and they naturally speak to everybody as though they are a valued member of the team. That's called good manners and class.

The Club needs a new philosophy and it needs a code of conduct that is adhered to by everybody from top to bottom. Treat people with respect, stamp out bullying, be kind to people, remember you represent the club and the Ogden Foundation. All of that should apply to the fans also as well as those in the Boardroom down to the car park attendants. Is there a point of contact at the club where inappropriate behaviour/ bullying etc can be reported in confidence and acted on? Things like that need establishing in the near future and everybody should feel confident that their complaint will be dealt with properly by a independent person. If people refuse to embrace change then a spotlight needs shining on them by everybody and as a collective they need calling out publicly, we can't progress as we should unless everybody buys into the new philosophy of working together and respecting each other. Maybe a small team of volunteer club ambassadors could have access to all areas, fans and staff, just turn up ad hoc for a chat, a welfare sort of thing. I would be interested in helping with that. As you say though, Hornets should be part of our journey also, something which the Ogden family would want.
[Post edited 14 Sep 7:34]
Update from Cameron Ogden. on 08:26 - Sep 14 with 2527 viewsJames1980

Well it has certainly worked for me, I was put off going today because of the replacement buses between Manchester and Rochdale. Was going to watch on NLTV, but inspired by Cameron's statement I am on my way.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 08:53 - Sep 14 with 2418 viewsD_Alien

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 08:26 - Sep 14 by James1980

Well it has certainly worked for me, I was put off going today because of the replacement buses between Manchester and Rochdale. Was going to watch on NLTV, but inspired by Cameron's statement I am on my way.

Quick heads up James:

There's two types of replacement bus service, fast (direct with no stops) and a slower version which presumably goes to each station en route, or at least the usual stops, which makes sense for individual passenger requirements

Make sure you get the direct bus! I used it the other day and it only took about half an hour, not much more than the train

Coming out of Victoria, the stop is near the first corner as you head towards the city. There should be an employee there to advise

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 09:00 - Sep 14 with 2396 viewsJames1980

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 08:53 - Sep 14 by D_Alien

Quick heads up James:

There's two types of replacement bus service, fast (direct with no stops) and a slower version which presumably goes to each station en route, or at least the usual stops, which makes sense for individual passenger requirements

Make sure you get the direct bus! I used it the other day and it only took about half an hour, not much more than the train

Coming out of Victoria, the stop is near the first corner as you head towards the city. There should be an employee there to advise

Thank you that's good to know.

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 09:14 - Sep 14 with 2314 viewsDalenet

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 07:14 - Sep 14 by TalkingSutty

That's a excellent point you make about Hornets. They are an integral part of the the history of sport in the Town and they need including in the plans going forward. I've never been to a rugby league game in my life apart from in a working capacity, i have no real interest in it but would hate to see the club go to the wall. The Hornets fans will love their club with the same passion as us, fellow Rochdalians, that needs to be remembered.

As you say it's time to draw a line under past relationship breakdowns, grown men acting like big girls blouses and carrying grudges like big kids isn't what we need going forward and if they can't change their ways then they should get their coats and bugger off. We've had enough of it. There's no place in the club for individuals who don't grasp the concept of the word 'team' and no individual is more important than anybody else involved with the Club, including the fans. I've only met the Ogden family once but you can tell straight away that is their philosophy, not one ounce of the 'big time Charlie's' on display and they naturally speak to everybody as though they are a valued member of the team. That's called good manners and class.

The Club needs a new philosophy and it needs a code of conduct that is adhered to by everybody from top to bottom. Treat people with respect, stamp out bullying, be kind to people, remember you represent the club and the Ogden Foundation. All of that should apply to the fans also as well as those in the Boardroom down to the car park attendants. Is there a point of contact at the club where inappropriate behaviour/ bullying etc can be reported in confidence and acted on? Things like that need establishing in the near future and everybody should feel confident that their complaint will be dealt with properly by a independent person. If people refuse to embrace change then a spotlight needs shining on them by everybody and as a collective they need calling out publicly, we can't progress as we should unless everybody buys into the new philosophy of working together and respecting each other. Maybe a small team of volunteer club ambassadors could have access to all areas, fans and staff, just turn up ad hoc for a chat, a welfare sort of thing. I would be interested in helping with that. As you say though, Hornets should be part of our journey also, something which the Ogden family would want.
[Post edited 14 Sep 7:34]

It is a requirement to have a safeguarding officer at football clubs. There will be processes in place that I am confident of. I know a safeguarding officer at another club and the amount of process and challenge they have to deal with is significant.

On a wider note, and I know it won't be popular with some, we have to embrace the rugby club. They aren't going anywhere. There has been a significant improvement in the relationship since Hornets appointed a new CEO. I go to a Hornets game each year and whilst the crowds are small, they are as passionate about their club as we are. It was great to see them get more than 2000 at a game recently v Owdum. If they succeed and get promoted, our stadium benefits from increased turnover. They help the bar sales thats for sure.
[Post edited 14 Sep 10:22]
Update from Cameron Ogden. on 10:17 - Sep 14 with 2147 viewsDale_4_Life

Excellent update from our Co Chair.

I see the 5000 home fans vision as hugely positive and we can certainly help. In my eyes its a 4 prong approach that starts with number 1. below.

1. Winning games playing attacking football.
2. The Club getting better at creating a buzz that lapsed and new potential fans get excited about
3. The hardcore regulars trying to all bring a +1. Encouraging those we know to come and try a game or two. EDIT _ This point is made by Cam. (Post below James & 442 Post).
4. Average spend at the stadium. Pie / Pint / Draw ticket / New Dale top / Season Card.

I would also encourage all fans to join the trust.

On the Average spend issue i agree setting a value is impossible as all fans disposable income is different.

Big Jim called for some noise today from the first minute.. We can go top of the league by 5pm with a decent win so lets try and give that to the players.

Really interested to see the attendance at Spotland today.
[Post edited 14 Sep 10:34]
Update from Cameron Ogden. on 10:28 - Sep 14 with 2101 viewsJames1980

How much does the club get from NLTV match passes and subscriptions?

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 10:31 - Sep 14 with 2075 views442Dale

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 10:17 - Sep 14 by Dale_4_Life

Excellent update from our Co Chair.

I see the 5000 home fans vision as hugely positive and we can certainly help. In my eyes its a 4 prong approach that starts with number 1. below.

1. Winning games playing attacking football.
2. The Club getting better at creating a buzz that lapsed and new potential fans get excited about
3. The hardcore regulars trying to all bring a +1. Encouraging those we know to come and try a game or two. EDIT _ This point is made by Cam. (Post below James & 442 Post).
4. Average spend at the stadium. Pie / Pint / Draw ticket / New Dale top / Season Card.

I would also encourage all fans to join the trust.

On the Average spend issue i agree setting a value is impossible as all fans disposable income is different.

Big Jim called for some noise today from the first minute.. We can go top of the league by 5pm with a decent win so lets try and give that to the players.

Really interested to see the attendance at Spotland today.
[Post edited 14 Sep 10:34]

If we can get back up to 2500 home fans that’s positive progression.

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 10:32 - Sep 14 with 2071 viewsDale_4_Life

it is made up of all of its supporters and stakeholders – and we are calling for your assistance in this endeavour. A football club’s supporters are its best advocates and by encouraging friends, family and colleagues to make a trip to the Crown Oil Arena you will be doing your Club the best service you can. It won’t happen overnight and it is ambitious, but other clubs have proven it can be done and we need to set our sights high.
Update from Cameron Ogden. on 10:37 - Sep 14 with 2042 viewsDale_4_Life

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 10:31 - Sep 14 by 442Dale

If we can get back up to 2500 home fans that’s positive progression.

On a Saturday with Kids back at school and the weather pretty good and a chance of going top of the league?.

If we are closer to 2500 than 3000 It would be a little disappointing.
Update from Cameron Ogden. on 10:47 - Sep 14 with 1974 views442Dale

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 10:37 - Sep 14 by Dale_4_Life

On a Saturday with Kids back at school and the weather pretty good and a chance of going top of the league?.

If we are closer to 2500 than 3000 It would be a little disappointing.

It would be 200-300 more than the last couple of home games. The reasons you point out might add more to that, but let’s not start getting too hung up on crowd fluctuations game to game. It will take a long time with a good plan to raise attendances on a consistent basis.

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 11:12 - Sep 14 with 1825 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Update from Cameron Ogden. on 10:28 - Sep 14 by James1980

How much does the club get from NLTV match passes and subscriptions?

A question I have posed on a few occasions Jimbo, not sure that anyone knows the answer.

But, IF the Club does get a taste of the £9.99 match pass, Exiles might be far more inclined to pay up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024