Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors 14:50 - Sep 12 with 2094 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors 12th Sep 2024 14:48
Rochdale AFC’s matchday programme – The Voice of Spotland – is back for Saturday’s Vanarama National League fixture against Solihull Moors. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 07:22 - Sep 13 with 1949 viewsDale_4_Life

2300 home fans on Tuesday night.

The team in great form and another Saturday Home game Saturday 14th v Solihull Moors.

The kids are all back in school and summer holidays are over.

It will be interesting to see if we can get close to 3000 in the ground - Winning games gives us the best chance of this. Lets hope we can attract back some lapsed fans who have missed out on some great football we have seen already this season.
TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 09:45 - Sep 13 with 1848 viewsTalkingSutty

TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 07:22 - Sep 13 by Dale_4_Life

The team in great form and another Saturday Home game Saturday 14th v Solihull Moors.

It will be interesting to see if we can get close to 3000 in the ground - Winning games gives us the best chance of this. Lets hope we can attract back some lapsed fans who have missed out on some great football we have seen already this season.

I'd like to see the club give away 3000 free tickets around the borough for the next home game in an effort to fill the empty away stand, in fact do it three or four times during the season. Or even, turn up at the ground on the day and its first come first served, free entrance. Make sure the bars, food kiosks, club shop are fully stocked and make each game a family fun day around the ground. We've got probably nearly 6000 empty seats at most games let's do something with them and entice the Rochdale public into supporting their local club. As a season ticket older i wouldn't be against that stand having 2000 seats sectioned off for free admission at every game this season, get it heavily advertised and hopefully get people hooked for next season. It would be a bit of a loss leader but that could be made up in food/ drink/ programme/ merchandise sales. It's not going to cost the club anything and finally they have a chance of watching entertaining winning football. I'm not sure we have people in the club with the foresight and ambition to make any of that work though and that's the problem. Forge a partnership with the local big supermarkets in the Town and display upcoming fixtures at the check outs. Leave 1000 free tickets at each of Asda, Tesco, Morrison the week leading up to each fixture and get the people on the tills to distribute the tickets when people pay for the shopping. Treat the supermarket managers to a sponsors day up at the club.
[Post edited 13 Sep 10:05]
TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 10:16 - Sep 13 with 1747 viewsEllDale

Tomorrow’s attendance will be interesting.
Let’s see how many apart from the hardcore 2000 are curious enough to come and take a look.
Excuses like holidays and school nights don’t apply. Weather forecast is reasonable too.
And I agree that any discounted ticket promotion needs to take place soon because by the end of the month we’ll have played six home games out of 23.
TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 10:31 - Sep 13 with 1712 viewsTalkingSutty

TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 10:16 - Sep 13 by EllDale

Tomorrow’s attendance will be interesting.
Let’s see how many apart from the hardcore 2000 are curious enough to come and take a look.
Excuses like holidays and school nights don’t apply. Weather forecast is reasonable too.
And I agree that any discounted ticket promotion needs to take place soon because by the end of the month we’ll have played six home games out of 23.

The Trust desk selling tickets on the day is a great initiative but not sure if that's advertised on the official club site or not. I'll have a look. It's a pity there isn't a cash turnstile also advertised but that boat seems to have sailed a few years ago. I'm expecting at least 2600 to be there tomorrow and hopefully we can build that towards 3000 as the season progresses. The manager and players can't do anymore, it's down to the club and marketing people now to come up with some good initiatives.
TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 11:36 - Sep 13 with 1581 views49thseason

Where to begin?...
https://fcbusiness.co.uk/news/in-focus-growing-attendance-model-gam/
This article offers a reasonable start with links to others. The general gist is that success on the pitch brings success in the ground.. well derrrr!
There are a number of problems that we as fans know well, the historical lack of success, the noisy neighbours, travel distance to Premiership clubs all work against us, not to mention, poor levels of disposable income.
A major part of the solution is constancy of purpose.. one off events are simply that, they do not create habit or a lasting desire to go to matches with friends or family.
Currently we have an empty stand for probably15 matches, adding 2000 people at £5 each per game would be worth £150k less expenses and if that revenue were ring-fenced for marketing to fans, it could increase considerably over 3 or 4 seasons
The problem is, as I understand it, that you have to sell tickets to visiting fans at the same price as home fans are paying for similar seating. So a reduction in pricing for new attendees also affects income from visiting supporters..
Consequently perhaps there should be a competition of some sort where the prize is a complimentary ticket or simply give complimetary tickets for kids attending soccer schools or members of a club if a parent accompanies them at full price.
Last season, there was an attempt to build support utilising cheap tickets for a single game, this initiative seems to have been quietly buried, however we know that a good number turned up and seemed to generally have enjoyed the experience. But the devil is in the detail.... how many of these people came to another game? Was there a follow- up offer? What was the geographic spread of attendees across the Borough? Were there any obvious neighbourhood groups / possibly school groups?
There is so much that needs doing but it has to be more or less self- financing and needs to be maintained over a number of seasons, it will not happen overnight....
Encouragingly the " youth" element in the Sandy seems to be growing season on season which will help the long term demographics..
TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 11:42 - Sep 13 with 1572 viewsTalkingSutty

TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 11:36 - Sep 13 by 49thseason

Where to begin?...
https://fcbusiness.co.uk/news/in-focus-growing-attendance-model-gam/
This article offers a reasonable start with links to others. The general gist is that success on the pitch brings success in the ground.. well derrrr!
There are a number of problems that we as fans know well, the historical lack of success, the noisy neighbours, travel distance to Premiership clubs all work against us, not to mention, poor levels of disposable income.
A major part of the solution is constancy of purpose.. one off events are simply that, they do not create habit or a lasting desire to go to matches with friends or family.
Currently we have an empty stand for probably15 matches, adding 2000 people at £5 each per game would be worth £150k less expenses and if that revenue were ring-fenced for marketing to fans, it could increase considerably over 3 or 4 seasons
The problem is, as I understand it, that you have to sell tickets to visiting fans at the same price as home fans are paying for similar seating. So a reduction in pricing for new attendees also affects income from visiting supporters..
Consequently perhaps there should be a competition of some sort where the prize is a complimentary ticket or simply give complimetary tickets for kids attending soccer schools or members of a club if a parent accompanies them at full price.
Last season, there was an attempt to build support utilising cheap tickets for a single game, this initiative seems to have been quietly buried, however we know that a good number turned up and seemed to generally have enjoyed the experience. But the devil is in the detail.... how many of these people came to another game? Was there a follow- up offer? What was the geographic spread of attendees across the Borough? Were there any obvious neighbourhood groups / possibly school groups?
There is so much that needs doing but it has to be more or less self- financing and needs to be maintained over a number of seasons, it will not happen overnight....
Encouragingly the " youth" element in the Sandy seems to be growing season on season which will help the long term demographics..

Stockport County grew their fan base by constantly giving away free tickets..not in there hundreds, in there thousands. The young kids became hooked with their mates and it snowballed. The club could do worse than phone Stockport up and drive over for a chat. Of course winning football helps but we should be seeing more of that looking into the future.
TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 12:30 - Sep 13 with 1467 viewsEllDale

Having said and agreed with all the above the best way of filling the away stand this season is a traditional one.
Win the qualifying round in the FA Cup and draw a team at home who would have a good away following.
I’m thinking of someone like Birmingham, Huddersfield, Bolton, Stockport.
Or even Oldham or Bury if they qualify too.
TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 13:25 - Sep 13 with 1317 viewsDale_4_Life

Tuesday suprised me 2300+ Home Fans

I hope Saturday suprises me even more with 2850 minimum (Home Fans).

Sadly Solihull will not bring very many.
Login to get fewer ads

TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 13:26 - Sep 13 with 1316 viewsNigeriamark

TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 11:42 - Sep 13 by TalkingSutty

Stockport County grew their fan base by constantly giving away free tickets..not in there hundreds, in there thousands. The young kids became hooked with their mates and it snowballed. The club could do worse than phone Stockport up and drive over for a chat. Of course winning football helps but we should be seeing more of that looking into the future.

I am not sure what we are doing to get more school kids involved. I would suggest that before each season starts, all schools are given 2 or 3 matches in advance for freebies. The school with help from the Dale can then build up excitement from a few weeks before the game with Dale branded activities as well as specific activities on the day. Cheap items like scarves, badges, car sticker to give their parents etc can build the brand.
TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 13:35 - Sep 13 with 1298 viewsdavidab2202

TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 07:22 - Sep 13 by Dale_4_Life

Hopefully come the 28th and Braintree visit I will be able to renew my love for the Dale as I will have returned to live in the UK after 20 years away in which I have managed the odd game during visits.
Not living locally but should get back to some games with a bit of luck . First visit to DALE was March 1953 so a bit of catching up to do !!!!
TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 13:57 - Sep 13 with 1227 viewsEllDale

Are schools the only means of distributing free tickets.
Different sport I know but a few years ago Bradford Bulls undertook an aggressive marketing campaign by flooding neighbouring towns such as Halifax and Huddersfield with free tickets.
They were even leaving them under windscreen wipers at places like supermarkets and walking up and down shopping precincts handing them out.
TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 15:04 - Sep 13 with 1073 viewsDalenet

TVOS Preview - Rochdale v Solihull Moors on 13:25 - Sep 13 by Dale_4_Life

Tuesday suprised me 2300+ Home Fans

I hope Saturday suprises me even more with 2850 minimum (Home Fans).

Sadly Solihull will not bring very many.

Solihull have sold 50 tickets so far. So I agree they won't bring that many. I really hope we can create a feel good factor and get bums on seats. Remember when Parkin had us near the top of League Two after years of misery and we had 4000+ turning up. But anything closer to 3,000 would be a good result
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024