Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
White kit 13:43 - Sep 11 with 1957 views49thseason

I know many may disagree but I thought the white kit looked great under the lights last night and that our players were easier to pick out as a result, players looked bigger and the passing was excellent, did the white strip help?
White kit on 14:09 - Sep 11 with 1903 viewsBigKindo

Agree entirely. We thought that Maidenhead players in all violet where sometimes difficult to see when playing in front of the Willbutts.
White kit on 15:36 - Sep 11 with 1749 views442Dale

It’s a nice kit and I’m sure it’ll be seen again regularly. Also, we’ve already seen us change shorts and socks at home to avoid a clash.

Personally, I’d have white shorts as part of our kit anyway, but that’s just a preference. There’s an argument to be had about wearing what we did against Woking for example.

Irrespective of all that, our club colours are blue, black and white and we should be wearing them at home games. We can’t moan about commercial failings and not making the most of what we have by changing a unique colour scheme that should be capitalised on better. Annoying a lot of the fanbase who like our colours and have bought shirts would be against every discussion we have on here to progress the club off the pitch.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

White kit on 17:02 - Sep 11 with 1572 viewsBrierls

It's a nice kit.

I think having good players who are well drilled and suited to the way we play may be having a direct impact on the passing!
White kit on 18:04 - Sep 11 with 1441 viewsYorkshire_Dale

One downside....reminded me of watching Dirty Leeds but we looked as good as them.
White kit on 18:17 - Sep 11 with 1404 views49thseason

White kit on 18:04 - Sep 11 by Yorkshire_Dale

One downside....reminded me of watching Dirty Leeds but we looked as good as them.

I thought Leeds under Bielsa were terrific to watch....their running and pace they moved the ball were outstanding, he turned average players in class acts.
White kit on 18:42 - Sep 11 with 1348 viewsArthurDaley

White kit on 18:04 - Sep 11 by Yorkshire_Dale

I'm old enough to remember the dirty Leeds of the Don Revie era.

A large VAT Dave

White kit on 19:02 - Sep 11 with 1286 views442Dale

White kit on 18:17 - Sep 11 by 49thseason

I thought Leeds under Bielsa were terrific to watch....their running and pace they moved the ball were outstanding, he turned average players in class acts.

I remember Leeds under Steve Evans.

Anyway, looking forward to the next time we inevitably change our home kit when opponents fail at the basic task of having a change strip that does its job.

Somewhere, there will be a list of the multitude of games at Spotland when we haven’t worn our designated home kit.

White kit on 19:30 - Sep 11 with 1213 viewsEllDale

Wasn’t the last time when Hartlepools turned up with a blue kit on Easter Monday?
Login to get fewer ads

White kit on 20:00 - Sep 11 with 1156 views442Dale

White kit on 19:30 - Sep 11 by EllDale

Wasn’t the last time when Hartlepools turned up with a blue kit on Easter Monday?

With the full kit, yes. But we did it a couple of weeks back when Woking were unable to find shorts and socks that didn’t clash.

Would put good money on Dale having made various changes to our home kit more than any other team in the country in the last couple of decades.

From memory:
07/08
Black shorts with the centenary shirt on various occasions.
White socks that season v Wycombe

08/09
White socks with the new blue & black striped kit in pre season v Stockport.

09/10
Purple shirts with home shorts and socks when Macclesfield wore black.
Black shorts when we won promotion against Northampton.

10/11
White socks against Oldham in the abandoned game.

12/13
Yellow against Bristol Rovers (not for the last time) and against Exeter(?… I think)

13/14
White/white/blue against Bristol Rovers who turned up with purple & black stripes.
All white v Sheff Wed in the cup who wore black. When they drew Millwall (navy) in the next round they found a new third kit.

14/15
White shorts at home against Aldershot who had actually brought alternative red shorts so we didn’t have to change.

21/22
Black & white striped third kit v Colchester in FL 100th anniversary game.
Black shorts and socks against Plymouth in the FA Cup.

22/23
All black third kit against Hartlepool on Boxing Day.

23/24
White socks v someone at home last season that I forget!
All yellow v Hartlepool.

24/25
White shorts and socks v Woking.
All white v Maidenhead.

There will probably be others that I’ve missed.

White kit on 21:29 - Sep 11 with 1036 viewsTVOS1907

White kit on 19:30 - Sep 11 by EllDale

The problem with Hartlepool was that both of their kits clashed with ours, so it didn't matter what they turned up with. They should really have had a third kit.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

White kit on 21:50 - Sep 11 with 971 viewsTVOS1907

White kit on 20:00 - Sep 11 by 442Dale

With the full kit, yes. But we did it a couple of weeks back when Woking were unable to find shorts and socks that didn’t clash.

Would put good money on Dale having made various changes to our home kit more than any other team in the country in the last couple of decades.

From memory:
07/08
Black shorts with the centenary shirt on various occasions.
White socks that season v Wycombe

08/09
White socks with the new blue & black striped kit in pre season v Stockport.

09/10
Purple shirts with home shorts and socks when Macclesfield wore black.
Black shorts when we won promotion against Northampton.

10/11
White socks against Oldham in the abandoned game.

12/13
Yellow against Bristol Rovers (not for the last time) and against Exeter(?… I think)

13/14
White/white/blue against Bristol Rovers who turned up with purple & black stripes.
All white v Sheff Wed in the cup who wore black. When they drew Millwall (navy) in the next round they found a new third kit.

14/15
White shorts at home against Aldershot who had actually brought alternative red shorts so we didn’t have to change.

21/22
Black & white striped third kit v Colchester in FL 100th anniversary game.
Black shorts and socks against Plymouth in the FA Cup.

22/23
All black third kit against Hartlepool on Boxing Day.

23/24
White socks v someone at home last season that I forget!
All yellow v Hartlepool.

24/25
White shorts and socks v Woking.
All white v Maidenhead.

There will probably be others that I’ve missed.

To add....

07/08: Wearing our yellow away kit (with white shorts) v Brentford

11/12: White socks v Carlisle (they turned up with dark blue socks)

16/17: Red away kit v Chesterfield in Checkatrade (Can't remember why)

17/18: Black shorts v Stoke in Checkatrade

22/23: White socks v Mansfield & Harrogate

23/24: White socks v Aldershot

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024