Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD 19:28 - Sep 10 with 16873 viewsEdindale

Hope we keep our good recent form going.
Up the dale 3-0.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 08:49 - Sep 12 with 4097 viewsD_Alien

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 07:46 - Sep 12 by TalkingSutty

Allarakhia is a vital component of the team. He's a grafter who sacrifices his own individual performance to put in the hard yards and nullify the opposition. I'm sure he would like to just sit out on the wing, wait for the ball to arrive and just take on the defender, we've had wide players like that recently and they now play for York and Oldham, they don't do enough for the team. There's a reason why Allarakhia is replaced near the end of games, he's run himself into the ground, his body language tells you that and he should be applauded all the way back to the dugout. The new lad from Ipswich deserved the applause also, he looks a real bundle of energy.

As i've said, i'm a fan of Allarakhia's input to the team (show me where i said otherwise??)

Ayinde also put in a shift, and it would've been good to see the established player walking off with his new young team-mate in a show of "togetherness" rather than taking the leading bow

You yourself pick up on anything that doesn't look right; i'll do the same, if that's alright with you

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 09:35 - Sep 12 with 3948 viewsjudd

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 08:41 - Sep 12 by James1980

A replay of East's goal came up on Instagram and it got me wondering why you don't see teams trying a similar routine from corners more often.

Because Easty only plays for Rochdale?

Poll: What is it to be then?

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 16:33 - Sep 12 with 3490 viewsTalkingSutty

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 08:49 - Sep 12 by D_Alien

As i've said, i'm a fan of Allarakhia's input to the team (show me where i said otherwise??)

Ayinde also put in a shift, and it would've been good to see the established player walking off with his new young team-mate in a show of "togetherness" rather than taking the leading bow

You yourself pick up on anything that doesn't look right; i'll do the same, if that's alright with you

What are you talking about? My post wasn't in response to yours, i was replying to somebody else if you check back. I don't have a problem with your original post if that's how you feel, it wasn't something that even registered with me at the time. Both players had good games and my applause was for both. Allarakhia was at fault for the goal but he played well apart from that. You need to take a leaf out of my book and let things just go over your head. No need to apologise for your mistake👍
[Post edited 12 Sep 16:35]
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 17:09 - Sep 12 with 3344 viewsD_Alien

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 16:33 - Sep 12 by TalkingSutty

What are you talking about? My post wasn't in response to yours, i was replying to somebody else if you check back. I don't have a problem with your original post if that's how you feel, it wasn't something that even registered with me at the time. Both players had good games and my applause was for both. Allarakhia was at fault for the goal but he played well apart from that. You need to take a leaf out of my book and let things just go over your head. No need to apologise for your mistake👍

No error TS

The simple fact is my observation was picked up by "someone else" who made it into a meal, otherwise the posts which followed wouldn't have happened and it's therefore unlikely yours would either

No need to disagree, that's the context

In the meantime, talking about meals... don't let the hospitality get to you (thumby thing)

[Post edited 12 Sep 17:20]

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 17:48 - Sep 12 with 3207 viewsTalkingSutty

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 17:09 - Sep 12 by D_Alien

No error TS

The simple fact is my observation was picked up by "someone else" who made it into a meal, otherwise the posts which followed wouldn't have happened and it's therefore unlikely yours would either

No need to disagree, that's the context

In the meantime, talking about meals... don't let the hospitality get to you (thumby thing)

[Post edited 12 Sep 17:20]

No it hasn't got to me, the other nine people sitting on the same table voiced the same concerns. If these things are brushed under the carpet or seen as an irrelevance nothing gets done and tables that should be full become empty. It's important that fans voice their concerns over on going issues and if it irks the powers that be then that's a good thing. I'm fully on board with the New Era and flagging up things that are detrimental to bringing finance into the club is what everybody should be doing. I think the ogden family would welcome that.
[Post edited 12 Sep 18:00]
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 18:21 - Sep 12 with 3073 viewsfrenzied

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 17:48 - Sep 12 by TalkingSutty

No it hasn't got to me, the other nine people sitting on the same table voiced the same concerns. If these things are brushed under the carpet or seen as an irrelevance nothing gets done and tables that should be full become empty. It's important that fans voice their concerns over on going issues and if it irks the powers that be then that's a good thing. I'm fully on board with the New Era and flagging up things that are detrimental to bringing finance into the club is what everybody should be doing. I think the ogden family would welcome that.

I agree TS

It’s about getting the basics right in the first place..issues that you raise should never be perceived as being irrelevant or minor in the context of how the entire club is perceived.

Keep at it m8
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 19:36 - Sep 12 with 2828 viewsTalkingSutty

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 18:21 - Sep 12 by frenzied

I agree TS

It’s about getting the basics right in the first place..issues that you raise should never be perceived as being irrelevant or minor in the context of how the entire club is perceived.

Keep at it m8

I'm concerned that when the finances are looked at following the Ogden families first year in office there will be no improvement in the off field income. That will be a false figure as to what the club is able to achieve though and i hope they realise that and they don't feel deflated.

I was expecting the hospitality areas to be very busy and for there to be a buzz around the club during the Summer but i've seen none of that, i've seen the opposite. I'm wondering if there is an acceptance in the Boardroom that it's pointless promoting the club around the Town and sorting the televisions out in the sponsor boxes/ 1907 Lounge, contacting lapsed sponsors etc if the product on offer upstairs isn't up to scratch. Nothing seems to have changed off the pitch in regards to what we've seen over the last few years, maybe I'm expecting too much too soon.

There might be plans to refurbish everywhere in the main stand before kick starting everything. Even getting the reserved stickers on seats was like pulling teeth, that was very bizzare when you bear in mind we have a fans representative in the Boardroom. Anyway, we are progressing on the pitch so that's a good thing. Hopefully we will see a increased attendance on Saturday.
[Post edited 12 Sep 19:50]
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 20:34 - Sep 12 with 2558 viewsfrenzied

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 19:36 - Sep 12 by TalkingSutty

I'm concerned that when the finances are looked at following the Ogden families first year in office there will be no improvement in the off field income. That will be a false figure as to what the club is able to achieve though and i hope they realise that and they don't feel deflated.

I was expecting the hospitality areas to be very busy and for there to be a buzz around the club during the Summer but i've seen none of that, i've seen the opposite. I'm wondering if there is an acceptance in the Boardroom that it's pointless promoting the club around the Town and sorting the televisions out in the sponsor boxes/ 1907 Lounge, contacting lapsed sponsors etc if the product on offer upstairs isn't up to scratch. Nothing seems to have changed off the pitch in regards to what we've seen over the last few years, maybe I'm expecting too much too soon.

There might be plans to refurbish everywhere in the main stand before kick starting everything. Even getting the reserved stickers on seats was like pulling teeth, that was very bizzare when you bear in mind we have a fans representative in the Boardroom. Anyway, we are progressing on the pitch so that's a good thing. Hopefully we will see a increased attendance on Saturday.
[Post edited 12 Sep 19:50]

As Tescos would say”Every little helps”
Login to get fewer ads

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 20:51 - Sep 12 with 2476 viewsNorthernDale

The Ogdens have a three plan to get us back into the football league, it will take time to improve all aspects of the club to generate further income sources. We should be grateful we have a club to support and that is thanks to Ogdens, sometimes I wonder at times, if some fans look for issues to be pessimistic about. Yes, I want the club to successful and increase gates, but it may time and being successful on the pitch, will see fans return after many years of dire football and again, we must be grateful to the Ogdens for investing in the player budget by increasing it.

For the first time in years I am more optimistic and the fact we got just short of 2300 home fans for a midweek game on Tuesday, when England was on tv, must be a positive sign, especially when Barnet only got around 900 for their home game.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 21:03 - Sep 12 with 2429 views442Dale

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 20:51 - Sep 12 by NorthernDale

The Ogdens have a three plan to get us back into the football league, it will take time to improve all aspects of the club to generate further income sources. We should be grateful we have a club to support and that is thanks to Ogdens, sometimes I wonder at times, if some fans look for issues to be pessimistic about. Yes, I want the club to successful and increase gates, but it may time and being successful on the pitch, will see fans return after many years of dire football and again, we must be grateful to the Ogdens for investing in the player budget by increasing it.

For the first time in years I am more optimistic and the fact we got just short of 2300 home fans for a midweek game on Tuesday, when England was on tv, must be a positive sign, especially when Barnet only got around 900 for their home game.

Not sure looking at improving everything we do off the pitch is pessimistic. Constructive criticism is the only way things will improve.

On the flip side, look at the situation on the pitch and thoughts about McNulty last season (and earlier on this campaign). Some of that went beyond valid constructive criticism towards unhelpful pessimism.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 21:23 - Sep 12 with 2342 viewsNorthernDale

I agree, but it will take time, the taking of the goldbond inhouse at long last and encouraging the people of the town to sign up it, will hopefully generate more income. Also the idea of away showing games in the Ratcliffe, which I believe the Aldershot game was well attended and I would be interested on the income generated. If it was a success, it may be a good idea going forward, considering that most of our away games are based around London. Yes the club will need to look at the dining experience for those hiring a box and in respect to attendances, if we can keep on winning and playing attractive football, hopefully the fans will return, but we can help by getting the message to the good people of Rochdale about the upturn in the clubs fortunes.
[Post edited 12 Sep 21:24]
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 21:39 - Sep 12 with 2281 views442Dale

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 21:23 - Sep 12 by NorthernDale

I agree, but it will take time, the taking of the goldbond inhouse at long last and encouraging the people of the town to sign up it, will hopefully generate more income. Also the idea of away showing games in the Ratcliffe, which I believe the Aldershot game was well attended and I would be interested on the income generated. If it was a success, it may be a good idea going forward, considering that most of our away games are based around London. Yes the club will need to look at the dining experience for those hiring a box and in respect to attendances, if we can keep on winning and playing attractive football, hopefully the fans will return, but we can help by getting the message to the good people of Rochdale about the upturn in the clubs fortunes.

So some fans aren’t looking for issues to be pessimistic about! They just want the club to get better and look at areas which can be improved with constructive criticism.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 21:45 - Sep 12 with 2257 viewsTVOS1907

I don't think we'll be able to show regulation 3pm kick-offs in Dale Bar like the Aldershot and Hartlepool matches, although 'Dale Bars' will know the full details.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 23:17 - Sep 12 with 2027 viewsYorkshire_Dale

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 07:46 - Sep 12 by TalkingSutty

Allarakhia is a vital component of the team. He's a grafter who sacrifices his own individual performance to put in the hard yards and nullify the opposition. I'm sure he would like to just sit out on the wing, wait for the ball to arrive and just take on the defender, we've had wide players like that recently and they now play for York and Oldham, they don't do enough for the team. There's a reason why Allarakhia is replaced near the end of games, he's run himself into the ground, his body language tells you that and he should be applauded all the way back to the dugout. The new lad from Ipswich deserved the applause also, he looks a real bundle of energy.

Allarakhia is an entertainer, a crowd pleaser.....just what we want to get bums on seats and fans jumping around in the Sandy he well deserves his applause. He has flare which the likes of Jez at Oldham can only dream of, besides Ayinde is a bit of an unknown quantity yet. The commentators at Aldershot described him as a sub "put on to ruffle feathers " and that's what he did, more to come and he will have HIS day.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 23:32 - Sep 12 with 2015 viewsDaleBars

Unfortunately, we cannot broadcast away matches that start at 3pm due to the TV blackout rule, which prohibits the televising of English football fixtures from 2:45 to 5:15pm on Saturdays. However, this rule is waived during international breaks. Hopefully, this regulation will change in the future.

The Aldershot screening was a success, it was the highest attendance so far compared to last season screenings. Since The Ratcliffe is only open for match days or functions, any additional income generated from showing live TV games will be beneficial.

We have now upgraded the connection and will be able to broadcast the Hartlepool match on all screens and TVs. This improvement provides us with the option to open The Dale Bar room for additional seating if needed.

Poll: Remove Carlsberg from Our Spot for Original Lager

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 00:21 - Sep 13 with 1940 viewsSandyman

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
One area of the club where we can all acknowledge the club has progressed massively since June 2021 and brought football related revenue in is The Ratcliffe / Dale Bar. The right product, and the right person is most definitely in charge. Admission TV's need sorting out in there and an explanation, unlike the response to TV enquiries in the 1907 by those paying much more.

We need a similar keen eye on "upstairs" hospitality to make the necessary changes, sort out the "exec" seats in the stand that are only fit for persons of restricted growth, and the sponsorship product on offer. Jim is currently improving the football side of things. "Rats" is sorted. Appreciate some things take time to change but action IS required on the corporate side. We need that extra income and, if done well, show off the club in the best light. We need all these parts working together to become a stand-alone sustainable club, the aim of the Ogden Trust investment.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 00:41 - Sep 13 with 1909 viewskel

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 20:51 - Sep 12 by NorthernDale

“sometimes I wonder at times, if some fans look for issues to be pessimistic about”

Quite. Do you think the manager is doing a good job? I do.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 01:21 - Sep 13 with 1876 views_Windydale

I really wanted to try hospitality this season for birthday treats etc.

However, I've been put off by the comments on here that suggests its a drab experience, especially regards audio(Boring tunes) and video- no football on tv.

I'll give it a go when its improved. I'd pay more for a better experience as I think its quite cheap to upgrade a season ticket.

Seems a shame, Jim and the players are doing brilliant and doing their bit.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 08:02 - Sep 13 with 1584 viewsDaleBars

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 00:21 - Sep 13 by Sandyman

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
One area of the club where we can all acknowledge the club has progressed massively since June 2021 and brought football related revenue in is The Ratcliffe / Dale Bar. The right product, and the right person is most definitely in charge. Admission TV's need sorting out in there and an explanation, unlike the response to TV enquiries in the 1907 by those paying much more.

We need a similar keen eye on "upstairs" hospitality to make the necessary changes, sort out the "exec" seats in the stand that are only fit for persons of restricted growth, and the sponsorship product on offer. Jim is currently improving the football side of things. "Rats" is sorted. Appreciate some things take time to change but action IS required on the corporate side. We need that extra income and, if done well, show off the club in the best light. We need all these parts working together to become a stand-alone sustainable club, the aim of the Ogden Trust investment.

Thank you for your acknowledgement, but lot of credit goes out to the bar staff; without their support and assistance, the bars would not be where they now are.

JW Lees has also been outstanding in terms of deliveries, maintenance, and sales-driven support. Will provide a prime example. At the meet the director’s event, a cooler broke at the perfect time, leaving us without any cold draught beer. 😩 After a phone call to maintenance, a new cooler was installed and operational within a couple hours.

The TVs in 1907, boxes, stadium, and so on are being looked into. There have been conversations regarding improving offerings and now that we have The National League TV, we can show our matches/replays, as well as the 5:30 matches.

An engineer visited yesterday and needs a part. Hopefully, the fault will be corrected today and ready for Saturday. 🤞
[Post edited 13 Sep 8:24]

Poll: Remove Carlsberg from Our Spot for Original Lager

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 09:27 - Sep 13 with 1345 viewsTalkingSutty

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 08:02 - Sep 13 by DaleBars

Thank you for your acknowledgement, but lot of credit goes out to the bar staff; without their support and assistance, the bars would not be where they now are.

JW Lees has also been outstanding in terms of deliveries, maintenance, and sales-driven support. Will provide a prime example. At the meet the director’s event, a cooler broke at the perfect time, leaving us without any cold draught beer. 😩 After a phone call to maintenance, a new cooler was installed and operational within a couple hours.

The TVs in 1907, boxes, stadium, and so on are being looked into. There have been conversations regarding improving offerings and now that we have The National League TV, we can show our matches/replays, as well as the 5:30 matches.

An engineer visited yesterday and needs a part. Hopefully, the fault will be corrected today and ready for Saturday. 🤞
[Post edited 13 Sep 8:24]

Thanks for that update. You are a fantastic member of staff and i hope your efforts are fully recognised by those in the Boardroom. The type of person that the Ogden family need to be recruiting going forward into the future. The way you communicate with the fans is such a easy thing to do and it's appreciated by all.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 11:41 - Sep 13 with 1095 viewsDaley_Lama

Something not seen mentioned much, our team is remarkably young!

Oldest man in the team on Tue was TAR at the grand old age of 27.

Starting 11 average age 23.18
Squad of 18 average age 23

Poll: DF in or out

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 13:28 - Sep 13 with 932 viewsD_Alien

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 17:48 - Sep 12 by TalkingSutty

I fully agree TS, and made that clear at the time

You were absolutely right to not just "let it just go over your head". Some see it as "rocking the boat" but i'm not one of them - how things look are always important and impressions count

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 13:31 - Sep 13 with 925 viewsDalenet

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 01:21 - Sep 13 by _Windydale

I really wanted to try hospitality this season for birthday treats etc.

However, I've been put off by the comments on here that suggests its a drab experience, especially regards audio(Boring tunes) and video- no football on tv.

I'll give it a go when its improved. I'd pay more for a better experience as I think its quite cheap to upgrade a season ticket.

Seems a shame, Jim and the players are doing brilliant and doing their bit.

I'd give it a go now Windy if I were you. Its pretty good value for what you get. Yes there are lots of things that could be improved - but we have the cheapest hospitality offer in the league. Our friends up the road want £70 for something similar.

That doesn't mean I disagree with TS. The boxes and the 1907 lounge are a bit drab. It feels like a 1970s community centre. The tables could be spruced up, TVs on etc etc. But the bar is priced well, the food is okay, and you get to hear from an ex player before the game etc etc. And remember you get a programme thrown in too. If we made the improvements that others suggest we could easily then charge £20 more.

I agree that the leather seats are uncomfortable if you are older than a 13 year old child. But you can ask to sit in another seat in the area.
[Post edited 13 Sep 13:33]
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 13:57 - Sep 13 with 836 viewsturnthescrew

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 16:33 - Sep 12 by TalkingSutty

Just ignore him. He likes to think he's important and that his opinions are more important than others. He isn't and they aren't.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 14:08 - Sep 13 with 775 viewsSuddenLad

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 13:31 - Sep 13 by Dalenet

I'd give it a go now Windy if I were you. Its pretty good value for what you get. Yes there are lots of things that could be improved - but we have the cheapest hospitality offer in the league. Our friends up the road want £70 for something similar.

That doesn't mean I disagree with TS. The boxes and the 1907 lounge are a bit drab. It feels like a 1970s community centre. The tables could be spruced up, TVs on etc etc. But the bar is priced well, the food is okay, and you get to hear from an ex player before the game etc etc. And remember you get a programme thrown in too. If we made the improvements that others suggest we could easily then charge £20 more.

I agree that the leather seats are uncomfortable if you are older than a 13 year old child. But you can ask to sit in another seat in the area.
[Post edited 13 Sep 13:33]

The food is excellent, and has been on every occasion I have opted for the pre-match meal. I agree with everything that TalkingSutty referred to (above). I was one of the party on the same table. Tammy bloody Wynette, whilst there's bugger all on the TV's is not what we paid for, nor what we (and others) expected. Needs to improve - and quickly

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024