Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 11:05 - Sep 1 with 24059 viewsDaleBars

Did you enjoy the match yesterday?

The Ratcliffe will be showing our game against Aldershot live on the big screen next Saturday. Kick off at 5:30pm. We will also have the England match against Republic of Ireland showing on the surrounding TVs. kick off 5pm

🚪Doors open at 4pm and entry is free.

🎱Free to use pool table
🏓Free to use table tennis

Poll: Remove Carlsberg from Our Spot for Original Lager

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 07:34 - Sep 8 with 5464 viewsfrenzied

Good performance
All players look comfy on the ball.

Off the ball players provide options for teammates on the ball.

At last we have a set of players who look they could play at a higher level

Subs engage with the process quickly.
Need to manage game time to avoid injuries and fatigue.

id expect a consistent rotation throughout the season
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 07:57 - Sep 8 with 5348 viewskel

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 07:34 - Sep 8 by frenzied

Good performance
All players look comfy on the ball.

Off the ball players provide options for teammates on the ball.

At last we have a set of players who look they could play at a higher level

Subs engage with the process quickly.
Need to manage game time to avoid injuries and fatigue.

id expect a consistent rotation throughout the season

“Need to manage game time to avoid injuries and fatigue”

Exactly, and that’s why Ferguson was imo rested yesterday and not “dropped”. Let’s not forget that the lad was chucked straight in after months without playing a game. Great decision by the manager in the end.
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 09:17 - Sep 8 with 5114 viewsTVOS1907

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 21:40 - Sep 7 by pioneer

Almost 14 years to the day since our last smash and grab raid in Hampshire. That magnificent win at Southampton.

Great result and sounds like a great performance.
13th
What a treat to have both the towns professional sports teams firing on all cylinders at the same time. Long may it continue.

I wouldn't class yesterday as a 'smash & grab raid' though.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 10:41 - Sep 8 with 4844 viewsDaleBars

🍺 The Ratcliffe & Dale Bar

Did you miss the game? Don't worry, you can watch the complete replay this Tuesday before our match against Maidenhead.

🚪Doors open 5pm

🎟️ Matchday Tickets ⤵️

đź”— https://www.rafcshop.co.uk/tickets/match-day-tickets?ftredirect=1

Poll: Remove Carlsberg from Our Spot for Original Lager

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 11:01 - Sep 8 with 4759 viewsjudd

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 10:41 - Sep 8 by DaleBars

🍺 The Ratcliffe & Dale Bar

Did you miss the game? Don't worry, you can watch the complete replay this Tuesday before our match against Maidenhead.

🚪Doors open 5pm

🎟️ Matchday Tickets ⤵️

đź”— https://www.rafcshop.co.uk/tickets/match-day-tickets?ftredirect=1

Great idea. Again.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 11:03 - Sep 8 with 4739 viewsDale_4_Life

Excellent from Dale again yesterday.

Gordon and TAR combining with Burger down that right hand channel first half exceptional.

Pleased for Mitchell could easily have had another brace yesterday.

Very early days only 7 games in but looking forward to Tuesday and Saturday now with optimism.

Our midfield is a joy, so lucky to have Ryan East who had another terrific game yesterday.
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 11:42 - Sep 8 with 4581 viewstony_roch975

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 07:05 - Sep 8 by Daley_Lama

Yesterday was a great performance and it’s a bit unfair to do man of the match awards with this lot, as it truly is a full team effort

For example TAR stood out yesterday, getting forward, dangerous, crosses, defensively sound. Tarryn seemed to have a quiet game.

Or

Tarryn had his hands full with the lively Akpan and ran his socks off for 65 minutes negating their main threat. Fantastic defensive performance. TAR was head and shoulders (literally) over his opponent.

First half we cut through them time and time again.
Second half settled into a defensive block, for me could have been slightly more clinical when we did attack but that’s asking for double cherries on the top.

I'd say the latter - they had some joy down their right so he had a lot of covering to do; when he was subbed didn't look like he'd enjoyed the game much. Also Armstrong (who I didn't rate last season) did a good job when he came on marking their winger.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 19:04 - Sep 8 with 3878 viewsoddjob007

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 00:32 - Sep 8 by Sandyman

Aldershot manager's perspective:

Up there with Paul Cook for sounding like different people, a strange mix of Geordie and “southern”
Login to get fewer ads

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 20:36 - Sep 8 with 3658 viewsJames1980

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 19:04 - Sep 8 by oddjob007

Up there with Paul Cook for sounding like different people, a strange mix of Geordie and “southern”

Still has to be the best example of a hybrid accent.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 11:40 - Sep 9 with 3044 viewsDaleaholic

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 04:36 - Sep 4 by TalkingSutty

Let's hope it's a bit more enjoyable for those that attend than it was for us in pre match hospitality last Saturday, what a thoroughly miserable experience that was. Ten fellas all seated around a table in a half empty room with Tammy Wynette ( Stand by your man) playing as background music, we also had Bridge over troubled Waters and that Dooleys classic, The Chosen Few...and we had all paid for the privilege. It was surreal you would never have thought you were attending hospitality at a football ground and it would have been laughable if it wasn't so sad. Televisions all over the place and we just wanted the live football on, something you would expect in hospitality at a professional football club. Of course various matchday staff busied themselves trying to find somebody to turn the televisions on, even a couple of Directors. Eventually Tony Pockney arrived with his ever smiling face to tell us that there's a problem and it's expensive to have live football on the televisions...they have it on in the Ratcliffe and Dale Bar though. Feedback was given but you just get a smile and a shrug of the shoulders. It's a problem that was being sorted out at the fans forum remember but nothing gets done. Not just our party but also others from the private boxes, the guest speaker Richard Jobson and even the matchday officials who were sitting nearby mentioned if football was on the televisions. At that moment we could have done with the Ogden family visiting the room and they could have experienced what hospitality looks and feels like at their club.

Somebody should be embarrassed but nobody seems to care. Maybe that's why there was hardly anybody dining and I believe there was no match ball sponsors on the day. Does anybody actually care because if they did the problem would have sorted by now. Spotland Reform, The Cemetery, Rochdale Cricket club are all within a stones throw of the ground if they can provide Sky/ BT live games then why can't a professional football club with a multi million pound turnover? To suggest they are using dodgy boxes isn't true neither. We are now seriously considering cancelling our remaining two match hospitality bookings, it was the topic of discussion.. It's Andy Duff i feel sorry for.

Apologies for posting these negative posts but if things aren't brought out into the open nothing gets done and these are the sort of thing that turn customers and sponsors away from the club. You won't get any feedback or updates from anybody within the club, it's like pulling hens teeth trying to get anything done, as witnessed with the farcical reserved stickers scenario last week. Everything is hard work. The fans are embracing The New Era and a lot are increasing their spending but nothing seems to have changed at the club, the 'us and them' is still firmly in place and everything is on a need to know basis. The lack of change is something that concerns me, who inside the club is the driving force, the one that sees problems and does something about it? The old ways didn't work, the club imploded.
[Post edited 4 Sep 5:49]

Hate to bring this thread down but feel I need to add to the comments regarding the hospitality.

I've not been in there recently but that's simply because there is absolutely no appeal. Nothing the club puts out makes me think it will be worth the money.

2 course meal? It's hospitality ffs, get them in earlier, make it a three course meal and impress the diners. (You can charge a bit more and have them spending more at the bar!) Serve something fancy. Make them feel as though it's a special event or occasion. Try to entice a different kind of clientele into the club and into the hospitality. Find a different caterer if you have to!

Switch it up, different cuisine themes for different games too. Get drinks in to match the food.

From the official website hospitality page;

"Tea, coffee and cakes and half-time treat."

A half time 'treat'? We're a professional football club, it's not a kids birthday party, tell people what they're getting.

As for the lack of sponsorship, I know there's numerous businesses who simply will not put any of their money into the club while Simon Gauge is still involved. Andy Duff knows this as he's been in contact with sponsors who haven't renewed.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 13:30 - Sep 9 with 2845 viewsTalkingSutty

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 11:40 - Sep 9 by Daleaholic

Hate to bring this thread down but feel I need to add to the comments regarding the hospitality.

I've not been in there recently but that's simply because there is absolutely no appeal. Nothing the club puts out makes me think it will be worth the money.

2 course meal? It's hospitality ffs, get them in earlier, make it a three course meal and impress the diners. (You can charge a bit more and have them spending more at the bar!) Serve something fancy. Make them feel as though it's a special event or occasion. Try to entice a different kind of clientele into the club and into the hospitality. Find a different caterer if you have to!

Switch it up, different cuisine themes for different games too. Get drinks in to match the food.

A half time 'treat'? We're a professional football club, it's not a kids birthday party, tell people what they're getting.

As for the lack of sponsorship, I know there's numerous businesses who simply will not put any of their money into the club while Simon Gauge is still involved. Andy Duff knows this as he's been in contact with sponsors who haven't renewed.

Well if Andy Duff knows about it then he should be reporting that back to the co- chairman and owner of the club Cameron Ogden. This isn't a secret society, the Ogden family need to know about every aspect of the club, they've poured millions of pounds into it.

I was under the impression Simon Gauge was looking forward to standing down from his Chairman duties when we sourced new investors, i'm sure he expressed that desire earlier this year. A place in the Directors Box would have been more suitable i think and bring in a experienced CEO to deal with the day to day running of the club, communicating with sponsors, the Trust etc. Somebody with a charismatic and bubbly, engaging personality who has worked in and around football clubs and has loads of connections. It would have been money well spent i think.

I'd like to see Cameron Ogden meet up one afternoon on his own with a cross section of shareholders, sponsors, supporters, Trust committe and have a brainstorm meeting about what's needed to really progress the club and what things are holding it back. Really get a feel about the mood of those who support the club. I'm surprised he's not already done that. It's a shame really because on the pitch Jim and the players are doing brilliantly.
[Post edited 9 Sep 15:27]
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 15:18 - Sep 9 with 2547 viewsJames1980

Have the prospective sponsors told Andy Duff the specific grievances they have with The Co Chairman? Would they not reconsider if a resolution could be found, or will they only provide sponsorship if he steps down?

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 16:21 - Sep 9 with 2398 viewsDaleaholic

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 15:18 - Sep 9 by James1980

Have the prospective sponsors told Andy Duff the specific grievances they have with The Co Chairman? Would they not reconsider if a resolution could be found, or will they only provide sponsorship if he steps down?

I believe they have, yes. The only resolution for them is that SG is no longer involved in the day to day running of the club.

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 18:48 - Sep 9 with 2178 viewsD_Alien

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 13:30 - Sep 9 by TalkingSutty

Well if Andy Duff knows about it then he should be reporting that back to the co- chairman and owner of the club Cameron Ogden. This isn't a secret society, the Ogden family need to know about every aspect of the club, they've poured millions of pounds into it.

I was under the impression Simon Gauge was looking forward to standing down from his Chairman duties when we sourced new investors, i'm sure he expressed that desire earlier this year. A place in the Directors Box would have been more suitable i think and bring in a experienced CEO to deal with the day to day running of the club, communicating with sponsors, the Trust etc. Somebody with a charismatic and bubbly, engaging personality who has worked in and around football clubs and has loads of connections. It would have been money well spent i think.

I'd like to see Cameron Ogden meet up one afternoon on his own with a cross section of shareholders, sponsors, supporters, Trust committe and have a brainstorm meeting about what's needed to really progress the club and what things are holding it back. Really get a feel about the mood of those who support the club. I'm surprised he's not already done that. It's a shame really because on the pitch Jim and the players are doing brilliantly.
[Post edited 9 Sep 15:27]

Agree with this

I expect Cameron Ogden has been provided with an overview of circumstances and exchanges between the previous board and supporters (shareholders) that paints a picture that could be described as "less than full"

For the club to make the kind of progress envisioned by the Camerons, they should be availed of the full picture. Hopefully, the copy of Chris Fitzgerald's book provided to Sir Peter by the Trust will assist with that, but the feedback from sponsors would also provide a different angle which would give credence to the fuller picture

The eventual outcome may depend upon financial arrangements. Whilst it'll never be forgotten or unappreciated that SG went above and beyond to keep the club afloat during its darkest hour, it might've been better for him not to have foregone the returning of a significant amount of his financial input if that now means the club is being held back by the unfortunate attitudes he's shown towards supporters and sponsors alike

Something will have to give. It's a matter of when, not if

[Post edited 9 Sep 18:53]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 07:43 - Sep 10 with 1858 viewsJames1980

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 16:21 - Sep 9 by Daleaholic

I believe they have, yes. The only resolution for them is that SG is no longer involved in the day to day running of the club.

It's a shame your friends/acquaintances consider SG is beyond redemption.

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 09:04 - Sep 10 with 1719 viewsDale_4_Life

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 07:43 - Sep 10 by James1980

It's a shame your friends/acquaintances consider SG is beyond redemption.

I tend to agree James.

Lets all move on together.. stronger. Its a new dawn and so far its looking so much better.

A win tonight v Maidenhead would tee up a perfect opportunity Saturday for lapsed fans.
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 09:39 - Sep 10 with 1649 viewsscooby

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 11:40 - Sep 9 by Daleaholic

Interesting feedback. I would normally sponsor a player, and usually look to do hospitality and possibly a match sponsorship. I stopped when SG was in charge, and knowing he is still there doesn't float my boat following the experience of him in charge. this review isn't making me want to review this.

in addition, I did reach out to explore the commercial opportunities pre season this year and was told it will be a few weeks and they'd be in touch. they haven't. looking at the team page on the fishul site, this comment in the player sponsorship package just isn't happening: "Sponsors will also have their name and/or company logo alongside their player’s picture on the Club website...". this isn't the first time, I experienced this in 2022 were it took a long while for the logo to appear on the player... Worrying that we are not learning lessons or delivering what is being offered and committed, and they cant blame the new site as that has been in for a while now.
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 11:08 - Sep 10 with 1489 viewsTVOS1907

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 09:39 - Sep 10 by scooby

Interesting feedback. I would normally sponsor a player, and usually look to do hospitality and possibly a match sponsorship. I stopped when SG was in charge, and knowing he is still there doesn't float my boat following the experience of him in charge. this review isn't making me want to review this.

in addition, I did reach out to explore the commercial opportunities pre season this year and was told it will be a few weeks and they'd be in touch. they haven't. looking at the team page on the fishul site, this comment in the player sponsorship package just isn't happening: "Sponsors will also have their name and/or company logo alongside their player’s picture on the Club website...". this isn't the first time, I experienced this in 2022 were it took a long while for the logo to appear on the player... Worrying that we are not learning lessons or delivering what is being offered and committed, and they cant blame the new site as that has been in for a while now.

Not sure if they were there before, but if you click for the player's profile....

https://rochdaleafc.co.uk/kairo-mitchell/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 11:20 - Sep 10 with 1443 views49thseason

Shocking but somehow unsurprising. It's on a par with not cashing a cheque... Having someone wanting to buy and noone bothering to pick the phone up is a shortcut to financial disaster. I have no doubt that they are focused on bigger deals, but it is always the case that closing lots of small ones is what keeps the balance sheet in positive territory.
I hope our new Commercial Director is reading this, he needs a salesperson on board or, if he is doing all the sales function himself, needs to manage his time to make sure he is making calls to close enquiries.
Satisfied customers tell 3 friends, angry customers used to tell a dozen people but with social media, they tell 3000, or more.....
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 11:33 - Sep 10 with 1396 viewsDaleaholic

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 11:08 - Sep 10 by TVOS1907

Not sure if they were there before, but if you click for the player's profile....

https://rochdaleafc.co.uk/kairo-mitchell/

Most of the players don't have a sponsor... We're 7 games in. Not good.

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 11:39 - Sep 10 with 1374 viewsEllDale

Wouldn’t (or shouldn’t) most of the player sponsorship be repeat business from year to year? The easiest sort of deal?
I appreciate that one or two may have issues but not so many.
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 12:08 - Sep 10 with 1290 viewsJames1980

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 11:33 - Sep 10 by Daleaholic

Most of the players don't have a sponsor... We're 7 games in. Not good.

Would you be willing to say some of the issues that have been cited with SG

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 12:43 - Sep 10 with 1227 viewsD_Alien

I'd urge you to contact Andy Duffy directly with these issues. he needs to be fully in the picture. And, ignore those who think the garden will become all rosy by itself... it won't, it'll just grow weeds

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 15:51 - Sep 10 with 962 viewsTalkingSutty

Things don't add up do they, supposed to be a new era? When things don't add up you need to start looking at the bigger picture, what's gone on in the past and what the plans are for the future. You also need to look at individuals.

The individuals we now have running the club are the same ones that have been there over the last few years, the same ones that took the club to the brink of disaster earlier this year and that was on Simon Gauges watch and as Chairman the buck stops with him. Of course there were mitigating circumstances but for three years we've seen nothing to suggest he can turn the fortunes of the club around, we've seen the opposite. We've ended up with fantastic owners but that was nothing to do with anybody in the Boardroom, that was down to the fans/ shareholders. We would have been under American ownership now had it been down to the Chairman, everybody at the club including the Directors knows that to be fact. I could mention the farcical EGM which Gauge conducted but i won't, a insult to the shareholders, many of who sponsor and pay for hospitality at games..and they won't forget that night. Bridges needed to be built over the summer after that EGM but even Isambard Kingdom Brunel would have struggled after the events of that evening.

Anyway, i mentioned mitigating circumstances and those apply to a lack of fan engagement, lack of sponsorship, lack of public engagement around the Town etc. Things couldn't be done because the club was fighting a battle to survive, or we didn't have spare cash for advertisement campaigns, satellite television, promoting the club around the Town. There was always a excuse. So what's the excuse now? We are moving towards Autumn and are things different behind the scenes? I was expecting a big push around the Town to increase Season ticket sales and we've seen nothing. The hospitality and matchday sponsorship is probably worse than last season. The player sponsorship hasnt moved. The Club shop is as tired as its always been. Ridiculous fall outs about stickers on seats. It's as though there is a deliberate plan in place to sabotage the plan to move the club forward and all of us unite as one, to destabilise the harmony.

There are two important questions that keep popping up in my head and it's really concerning... I believe Simon Gauge is still in charge of running the day to day operations at the club...Is he fully integrating the Trust into the Clubs plans going forward? I mean engaging with them 100% and is Cameron Ogden being kept fully updated on meetings between both parties? Do the Trust have a direct line to Camron Ogden because it's very important that they do? It's important because the Ogden family have promised the Golden Share to the Trust/ Community so it's vital that the Trust now start to make their voice heard more and start to show leadership in the club, that means a close working relationship with not only Simon Gauge but the Ogden family who ultimately are responsible for what happens to the club going forward. I thought the issue with the reserved stickers on seats was a deliberate slap down to the Trust and showed those making that decision in a very poor light, only weeks into the new era/ new season. A small thing but it spoke volumes and became a confrontation that should never happened.

So as i said at the start, things don't add up, off the field attitudes from within the club are exactly the same and the questions need asking..Has EVERYBODY at the Club bought into the idea of the Golden Share? Are the Trust being FULLY embraced or are they being deliberately undermined? Decisions not made, cans being kicked down the road? I'm concerned and as a shareholder and Trust member that's my prerogative to feel that way. The Trust Committee is going to need bolstering going forward because it has a massive part to play in the future of the club, if people feel as though they can contribute then I'm sure any offers of help will be considered.
[Post edited 10 Sep 16:14]
Aldershot Screening 07/09/2024 on 18:05 - Sep 10 with 742 viewsJames1980

Regarding the Trust it would have been good if after purchasing a ticket a link to join was included in the confirmation email.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024