Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Peter makes his debut 12:21 - Aug 29 with 17682 viewsDelboy

Sir Peter and family will be at the game on Saturday and a chance for us all to show our apprecation for his commitment to our Club and town.
Sir Peter makes his debut on 12:33 - Sep 1 with 4348 viewsjonahwhereru

Just caught the highlights. My first Spotland visit won’t be until the Southend game, but I wish I was at this one. The options in midfield are really good. Who would have thought last year’s player of the season might have difficulty holding down a place in the centre. Then there is Burger on the bench. The recruitment this summer was excellent. Have no idea of the process these days but it’s certainly working. Someone mention Sassi, is that sorted or still speculation?
Have always had faith in Mitchell and very pleased he got some praise on here. With Allarakia, Mcbride the aforementioned Burger, and the wing recruits we have plenty of front foot players.
I just hope we haven’t shown our hand to much with what we can do when teams that allow us space. Scoring first and in the first half will be key to our ability to breakdown defences for much of the season.
Hope when we next lose some will remember this match and cut BJ some slack, but that is a forlorn one.
UTD
Sir Peter makes his debut on 12:56 - Sep 1 with 4225 viewsDrigdale

Wow what a performance. If that is our new possession based fast attacking football give me more. Absolutely the most enjoyable match I watched at the COA in many a season.
All the players were excellent and it is hard to single them out however so pleased Ferguson concentrated on his defending as he looked solid. Beckwith oozes class and East ran the show.
What a first match for Sir Peter to witness. Fingers crossed it continues. Well done to Jim he really deserves credit.
Sir Peter makes his debut on 13:13 - Sep 1 with 4156 viewsD_Alien

Sir Peter makes his debut on 12:33 - Sep 1 by jonahwhereru

Just caught the highlights. My first Spotland visit won’t be until the Southend game, but I wish I was at this one. The options in midfield are really good. Who would have thought last year’s player of the season might have difficulty holding down a place in the centre. Then there is Burger on the bench. The recruitment this summer was excellent. Have no idea of the process these days but it’s certainly working. Someone mention Sassi, is that sorted or still speculation?
Have always had faith in Mitchell and very pleased he got some praise on here. With Allarakia, Mcbride the aforementioned Burger, and the wing recruits we have plenty of front foot players.
I just hope we haven’t shown our hand to much with what we can do when teams that allow us space. Scoring first and in the first half will be key to our ability to breakdown defences for much of the season.
Hope when we next lose some will remember this match and cut BJ some slack, but that is a forlorn one.
UTD

It's not about having a go at JM following a loss - losing is an inevitability, and it will be more difficult against teams that just come to defend; but that's where a manager starts to really earn his corn by finding a way to maintain the greater pace seen yesterday

There were a couple of games last season where that happened before reverting to go-slow football for the next dozen, so when i referred to standards being set yesterday that's the task ahead

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sir Peter makes his debut on 13:57 - Sep 1 with 3955 viewsSaxonDale

Watched it online and as others have said thought it was our best team performance since COVID. A few thoughts:

- East was brilliant and drove forward into space when he could
- We genuinely look like scoring from set pieces again
- The back three were all absolutely superb
- TAR’s deliveries are the best since Bunney had his spell
- Kairo took both goals well
- Allarakia is the National League Jack Grealish
- McNicholas stopped 2/3 decent opportunities by being so positive in his sweeper keeper role

There’s no doubt the game was made easier by the early goal and shows the importance of taking our early chances. Final thing- the top coaches talk about the importance of staying compact when out of possession- our team do that brilliantly which is credit to McNulty. We’ve conceded 2 goals which were both through freak league occurrences more than anything. Our defence alone will put us in a very good position by the end of the season.
Sir Peter makes his debut on 15:57 - Sep 1 with 3690 viewskel

Sir Peter makes his debut on 19:32 - Aug 31 by Pearl_v_Sandy

Pearl 3 Sandy 1

What’s the actual point you’re trying to make here?
Sir Peter makes his debut on 16:13 - Sep 1 with 3610 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

The total team performance yesterday, McNicholas didn’t even get his shorts dirty, don’t remember him having to exert himself at all in the game. I’m especially impressed with us defensively, it’s almost as if Ferguson takes it as a personal insult if any opposition forwards so much as think about going past him!
Keep playing like that & we’ll be more than ok.
Sir Peter makes his debut on 08:30 - Sep 2 with 2691 viewsfrenzied

i think we have seen the good, bad and the frustrating side of our team so far this season.

What i think we do have is more flexibility in the team than we've seen for several seasons in terms of adapting a style to suit a game and change things around.

What i would like to see is a physical presence up front to give Mitchell and Rodney more support.

Confidence must be high right now..keep having a go when the opportunity arises!!!
Sir Peter makes his debut on 09:04 - Sep 2 with 2586 viewsDaley_Lama

Bookies don’t seem to fancy us this season.

We were 14/1 at the start of the season but have drifted to 22/1 after our awful start and absolute dubbings away at, erm, York 0-1.

Notable others are

Barnet 2/1
Gateshead 11/4
Forest Green 9/1
Southend 9/1
York 14/1
Oldham 16/1
Sutton 25/1
28 bar

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Sir Peter makes his debut on 09:48 - Sep 2 with 2487 viewsTalkingSutty

Sir Peter makes his debut on 08:30 - Sep 2 by frenzied

i think we have seen the good, bad and the frustrating side of our team so far this season.

What i think we do have is more flexibility in the team than we've seen for several seasons in terms of adapting a style to suit a game and change things around.

What i would like to see is a physical presence up front to give Mitchell and Rodney more support.

Confidence must be high right now..keep having a go when the opportunity arises!!!

Saturday should be food for thought for a lot of people, including our management duo. The defenders constantly passing the ball sidewards to EEL rather than playing the obvious pass further up the field has to be a instruction from the manager, it slows down the play and frustrates the forwards, they are making runs and space but never getting the ball. It also frustrates the crowd.

That option wasn't available to McNulty on Saturday and the difference in our play was very noticeable. Gordon in particular looked a different player with his quick link up play alongside Rowling on the wing. It had become noticeable how he always seemed to turn inside and play a five yard pass to EEL when a forward pass was on. There was very little time for Woking to set up their defensive block on Saturday because we simply moved the ball quicker from back to front, it resulted in our most dominant display under McNultys management stint. It will be good to see EEL back from his injury but I hope the manager incorporates him into the style of play we saw on Saturday and doesn't revert back to slowing the game down and giving our opponents a breather, it plays into their hands.
Sir Peter makes his debut on 09:55 - Sep 2 with 2438 viewsDaleiLama

Sir Peter makes his debut on 09:48 - Sep 2 by TalkingSutty

Saturday should be food for thought for a lot of people, including our management duo. The defenders constantly passing the ball sidewards to EEL rather than playing the obvious pass further up the field has to be a instruction from the manager, it slows down the play and frustrates the forwards, they are making runs and space but never getting the ball. It also frustrates the crowd.

That option wasn't available to McNulty on Saturday and the difference in our play was very noticeable. Gordon in particular looked a different player with his quick link up play alongside Rowling on the wing. It had become noticeable how he always seemed to turn inside and play a five yard pass to EEL when a forward pass was on. There was very little time for Woking to set up their defensive block on Saturday because we simply moved the ball quicker from back to front, it resulted in our most dominant display under McNultys management stint. It will be good to see EEL back from his injury but I hope the manager incorporates him into the style of play we saw on Saturday and doesn't revert back to slowing the game down and giving our opponents a breather, it plays into their hands.

EEL's hamstring injury requires surgery

Worst case recovery is up to 9 months according to Dr. Google. Of course it may be a lot quicker but it looks like Ferguson for the foreseeable.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sir Peter makes his debut on 10:18 - Sep 2 with 2313 viewsTalkingSutty

Sir Peter makes his debut on 09:55 - Sep 2 by DaleiLama

EEL's hamstring injury requires surgery

Worst case recovery is up to 9 months according to Dr. Google. Of course it may be a lot quicker but it looks like Ferguson for the foreseeable.

Ferguson was good on Saturday but the game at Aldershot will be a bigger test. I'll admit he gives me the collywobbles with the ball at his feet but obviously hope that we won't see any of that going forward. I thought we needed another experienced centre half over the summer and i think we still do, even more so now that EEL could be out for the season.
Sir Peter makes his debut on 11:28 - Sep 2 with 2149 viewsfermin

Sir Peter makes his debut on 09:48 - Sep 2 by TalkingSutty

The Woking manager has said that he came here to attack rather than sit back and now thinks that was a mistake. He also thinks their tactics forced us to play longer more than we normally do.

I would imagine that most teams, unless they are confident in their own playing style and abilities, are going to learn from this and the previous home games that the way to get something here is to frustrate us and not let us play like we did on Saturday. I anticipate that this is what will happen, so getting the first goal will be essential to get the opposition to come out of defence more. I would say the most important thing for the management to do is find a way to get through organised defences of teams whose primary object is obviously to get something from the game and not to give us an entertaining afternoon. Not every team is going to be as open and 'tired' (to quote their manager) as Woking were. It is not as if this is a new problem as it was the case under Parkin's first spell and Hill if I remember correctly.
Sir Peter makes his debut on 16:07 - Sep 2 with 1555 views100notout

Sir Peter makes his debut on 09:04 - Sep 2 by Daley_Lama

Bookies don’t seem to fancy us this season.

We were 14/1 at the start of the season but have drifted to 22/1 after our awful start and absolute dubbings away at, erm, York 0-1.

Notable others are

Barnet 2/1
Gateshead 11/4
Forest Green 9/1
Southend 9/1
York 14/1
Oldham 16/1
Sutton 25/1
28 bar

Can still get 10/1 on us winning promotion. Thought it would be lower than that.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024