Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TO-DAYS GAME 18:24 - Aug 24 with 10342 viewsEdindale

Any reports from people who were there or watched the game? Mixed reviews from FGR Forum.
TO-DAYS GAME on 10:02 - Aug 25 with 3712 viewsTalkingSutty

TO-DAYS GAME on 09:52 - Aug 25 by EllDale

There’s an argument that we don’t need young, inexperienced players but rather ones who are older, more robust and more streetwise.
That doesn’t mean old EFL veterans but players who have been in and around this level successfully for a couple of seasons.

Its the best way forward i think, especially if we are serious about returning to the EFL within three years. Every lower EFL club and above are hoovering up and stockpiling young talent, i think we would be very lucky to attract them to our club especially when the Academy is no longer running. We don't really have the time or facility to develop them now unfortunately. Just throwing them into the first team isn't a option.
TO-DAYS GAME on 10:41 - Aug 25 with 3586 viewsitsallaboutthedale

TO-DAYS GAME on 23:15 - Aug 24 by Dalenet

I feel sorry for East. He was getting frustrated just like the crowd - about 75 minutes in we had passed the ball about 90 times across the area in front of thei box, the crowd were restless and shouted shoot, and he did. McNulty wasn't happy with him as he wanted him to pass yet again. He clearly isn't being allowed to shoot.

I thought Kyron Gordon had a good game today and made half a dozen excellent tackles that in recent years would have got through. Yet the fans got on his back at one point for a back pass and he was visibly upset. He lost his confidence and the next minute they got past him. He is a young lad who seems to be improving - I don't see the point in shouting at the lad like that - share your annoyance with Jim McN who sets them up to play that way.

Not a great spectacle - we huffed and puffed. And 500 fans down on last week. We desperately need a win to get people behind the team.

Yeah I thought the response to Brooks was harsh, could see it affected him. Allarakhia is doing great and Burger has showed promise.
TO-DAYS GAME on 10:55 - Aug 25 with 3496 viewsRodingdale

TO-DAYS GAME on 08:05 - Aug 25 by TalkingSutty

The home games are frustrating because when you are routinely drawing them you are invariably dropping two points that you shouldn't, obviously there are the odd games when we've been second best and you'll take a point. I think we've dropped four points in our first two home games when you look at the possession stats ( Jim). A decent team should have won both those games.

The final whistle doesn't end the frustration though, you then have the post match interview with Greg and Jim to contend with and at the end of it you're left wondering if you've watched the same game. Greg needs to start asking some relevant questions that dont include a ready made answer for the manager to piggy back along with. A simple one after the York game would have been 'what was the reasoning behind dropping Beckwith to the subs bench tonight'?

Jims been backed by the Ogdens this summer and i suspect he will be backed some more in the next week or so, he needs to respect that when he starts throwing around other clubs playing budgets in an attempt to excuse our performances on the pitch. Many clubs won't have our budget and some are part time, will he mention that when we fail to beat them? Of course he won't. How did we perform against those with the smallest budgets last season? Very poorly. So he needs to stop harping on about budgets and show some gratitude for the backing that the board have given him this Summer.

His job is to get results on the pitch, he has the players to do that, he's already given them a ready made excuse for the Yeovil game ( feeling tired). We are no different than any other team in respect of this weekends demands and let's face it, playing on a bank holiday Monday has always been with us. I saw real signs of player frustration yesterday and it was down to the ball not being recycled quickly enough, players taking up good positions and then being ignored in favour of playing the easy sideways or backward pass along the back four. It's killing the players and playing into our opponents hands and it's down to the manager and the coaching staff.
[Post edited 25 Aug 8:24]

Agree with a lot of that, but one thing that’s bugging me, the understanding I have is that Cameron has said whilst he owns the club, he doesn’t run it. We’ve heard of the respect the Ogdens have for SG. I’d suggest that the continued inertia we are seeing on and off the pitch is down to the non Ogden part of the board. We will know much better how we are going to do this season after ten games, but the signs are that McNulty is doubling down on his approach, and that, as we’ve heard before, is supported by the part of the board that is running the club. So fans can say what they want, SG and JMcN are in charge, like it or not - only when CO understands where the problems are will anything change. I hope I’m wrong.
TO-DAYS GAME on 11:35 - Aug 25 with 3359 viewsTalkingSutty

TO-DAYS GAME on 10:55 - Aug 25 by Rodingdale

Agree with a lot of that, but one thing that’s bugging me, the understanding I have is that Cameron has said whilst he owns the club, he doesn’t run it. We’ve heard of the respect the Ogdens have for SG. I’d suggest that the continued inertia we are seeing on and off the pitch is down to the non Ogden part of the board. We will know much better how we are going to do this season after ten games, but the signs are that McNulty is doubling down on his approach, and that, as we’ve heard before, is supported by the part of the board that is running the club. So fans can say what they want, SG and JMcN are in charge, like it or not - only when CO understands where the problems are will anything change. I hope I’m wrong.

Couldn't agree more. Lack of finances has been a shield to deflect criticism since Simon Gauge became the Chairman and he did have a point . There's no disputing the fact that we have regressed every season on the pitch though and managerial appointments under Gauge have been very poor, the current one is still to play out and I'm hoping Jim can improve on last season, that's all he has to do.

In any business the Chairman accepts responsibility for failure so it will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years. This is the start of a 'New Era' and the Chairman deserves to have a line drawn under what has gone on before but everybody in the boardroom needs to do some self analysis and look at their own individual performances. The new era involves all of us working as a team, that means every single Director and the Chairman working collectively. When I say collectively I mean no one individual, such as the Chairman riding roughshod over majority decisions. I dont know if he does that but his fellow Directors will. No point having a board of Directors if that's allowed to happen..and it also shows the board to be full of weak individuals. The Ogdens don't want people like that making decisions with their money. We had a dictator when Bottomley ran the Club and if we are to progress into a new era we can't have one individual acting like that again because there will be constant disharmony and we're fed up to the back teeth of that. People in the Boardroom with childish, historic agendas that eat into the fabric of the club and damage it. It's a New Era remember.

I would like to see Cameron Ogden in regular contact with the Supoorters Trust, the fans are the lifeblood of the club and with the Golden Share issue to be resolved it's important that the Trust are front and centre of every major decision concerning the Club. A strong Boardroom needs strong individuals who will all bounce ideas off each other and make collective decisions. So everybody working as a team and let's face it the Trust are a major shareholder in the club ( indirectly the fans).
[Post edited 25 Aug 11:42]
TO-DAYS GAME on 13:52 - Aug 25 with 2812 viewsjonahwhereru

One phrase often used in football is “ I don’t mind a forward missing chances, as long as he keeps getting them”. Well despite some lovely wing play and overlapping runs resulting in balls across the box no one is getting close to a chance let alone converting one. Not what I expected this season.
I think the squad is good enough, and a couple of additions will strengthen it further, but the supporters need something to get behind.
Tweaks rather than radical change. Over to you BJ.
TO-DAYS GAME on 17:53 - Aug 25 with 2415 viewssamueloneils

The Ogdens will no doubt provide finance and commercial experience which has been a problem for quite some time. They intend to run Rochdale AFC as a sound business over a period of years. They have made it clear that they do not intend to get involved in running the football team on the pitch, and that this is the job of the manager and his staff.

It`s a very good position to be in, particularly after the trauma of recent years.

The manager(coach) has by my reckoning now got a squad entirely of his own choosing with the exception of Hendo and EEL.

The manager is responsible for preparing the players, selecting the team, deciding tactics and responding to onfield events. This is as it should be.

But results are the only things that matter if we are seriously hoping for a promotion push.

For this we rely on the manager. He shouldn`t need to look at the supporters for advice if results are obviously poor. We have had 4 years of very poor home results. Nothing to do with other teams budgets. Why are Accrington, Morecambe, Barrow way ahead of us in performance over an extended period?

The manager needn`t concern himself with style of play: simply get results. Look at Northampton- they sometimes fail but always bounce back.

Maybe also JM needs to be more critical of his players (HIS players). Not suggesting another Steve Evans approach but neither should he treat them as fragile assets. Are Rodney and Mitchell performing to their best ability? Maybe they are, in which case the attack needs to be supplemented by new blood ASAP. There is apparently budget to spend.

I don`t believe any of this has anything to do with the Board of Directors. They have given the manager the job and expect him quite rightly to make a success of it.

The next few matches may well determine the outcome for us this season.
TO-DAYS GAME on 19:07 - Aug 25 with 2233 viewsD_Alien

TO-DAYS GAME on 17:53 - Aug 25 by samueloneils

The Ogdens will no doubt provide finance and commercial experience which has been a problem for quite some time. They intend to run Rochdale AFC as a sound business over a period of years. They have made it clear that they do not intend to get involved in running the football team on the pitch, and that this is the job of the manager and his staff.

It`s a very good position to be in, particularly after the trauma of recent years.

The manager(coach) has by my reckoning now got a squad entirely of his own choosing with the exception of Hendo and EEL.

The manager is responsible for preparing the players, selecting the team, deciding tactics and responding to onfield events. This is as it should be.

But results are the only things that matter if we are seriously hoping for a promotion push.

For this we rely on the manager. He shouldn`t need to look at the supporters for advice if results are obviously poor. We have had 4 years of very poor home results. Nothing to do with other teams budgets. Why are Accrington, Morecambe, Barrow way ahead of us in performance over an extended period?

The manager needn`t concern himself with style of play: simply get results. Look at Northampton- they sometimes fail but always bounce back.

Maybe also JM needs to be more critical of his players (HIS players). Not suggesting another Steve Evans approach but neither should he treat them as fragile assets. Are Rodney and Mitchell performing to their best ability? Maybe they are, in which case the attack needs to be supplemented by new blood ASAP. There is apparently budget to spend.

I don`t believe any of this has anything to do with the Board of Directors. They have given the manager the job and expect him quite rightly to make a success of it.

The next few matches may well determine the outcome for us this season.

Having little to no experience of the "football industry", the Ogdens could do little more than allow the pre-existing board members to continue with their way of doing things, with the financial pressures alleviated. What they didn't take into account is the lack of experience the pre-existing board members had in the very same field

We're seeing the result of that, both in our results and style of play which is driving many followers of Dale to distraction

The granting of the three-year deal to JM was a nonsense. He was "backed" by the board with an initial two-year deal and with twelve months to run on it, there was nothing the board should've done but wait to see if an improvement was forthcoming over the first few months of the season, without all the hassles of last season, before making a decision. Inexperienced madness to put the entire three-year period the Ogdens had targeted for a return to the EFL in the hands of a manager with no proven track record. It was all nice and smiley when the new contract was signed

The first indications were indeed positive, but how quickly that mood has changed. I wonder how many of those who bought a ST in the last few weeks following the age-old mistake of taking too much notice of pre-season games, now wonder what the hell they've done? How will the lack of impact in our football play out during the depths of winter on worsening pitches when the ball can't just be dollied around?

If it's true the manager showed displeasure in East trying a shot yesterday (i wasn't there - had other things planned for the bank holiday from some time back) then that's an indicator we're not moving in the right direction. East scored a couple of goals last season by doing just that - having a go. He was then moved further back from advanced midfield where he was most effective

The buck does stop with the board. We'd all wish to be positive and somehow the mood has to be shifted again - starting tomorrow. We've already lost so much momentum and the only way JM can change that is by taking responsibility, both behind the scenes and in the media, to justify the confidence the board has shown in him. In the meantime, i don't want to be thinking i'm glad i was doing something else than turn up at the COA

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

TO-DAYS GAME on 19:47 - Aug 25 with 2066 viewsdingdangblue

TO-DAYS GAME on 19:07 - Aug 25 by D_Alien

Having little to no experience of the "football industry", the Ogdens could do little more than allow the pre-existing board members to continue with their way of doing things, with the financial pressures alleviated. What they didn't take into account is the lack of experience the pre-existing board members had in the very same field

We're seeing the result of that, both in our results and style of play which is driving many followers of Dale to distraction

The granting of the three-year deal to JM was a nonsense. He was "backed" by the board with an initial two-year deal and with twelve months to run on it, there was nothing the board should've done but wait to see if an improvement was forthcoming over the first few months of the season, without all the hassles of last season, before making a decision. Inexperienced madness to put the entire three-year period the Ogdens had targeted for a return to the EFL in the hands of a manager with no proven track record. It was all nice and smiley when the new contract was signed

The first indications were indeed positive, but how quickly that mood has changed. I wonder how many of those who bought a ST in the last few weeks following the age-old mistake of taking too much notice of pre-season games, now wonder what the hell they've done? How will the lack of impact in our football play out during the depths of winter on worsening pitches when the ball can't just be dollied around?

If it's true the manager showed displeasure in East trying a shot yesterday (i wasn't there - had other things planned for the bank holiday from some time back) then that's an indicator we're not moving in the right direction. East scored a couple of goals last season by doing just that - having a go. He was then moved further back from advanced midfield where he was most effective

The buck does stop with the board. We'd all wish to be positive and somehow the mood has to be shifted again - starting tomorrow. We've already lost so much momentum and the only way JM can change that is by taking responsibility, both behind the scenes and in the media, to justify the confidence the board has shown in him. In the meantime, i don't want to be thinking i'm glad i was doing something else than turn up at the COA

The most worrying thing is that he thinks we've played well these last 2 games.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

TO-DAYS GAME on 20:58 - Aug 25 with 1934 viewsnordenblue

TO-DAYS GAME on 19:47 - Aug 25 by dingdangblue

The most worrying thing is that he thinks we've played well these last 2 games.

He can think what he likes, and even say what he wants, unfortunately he won't kid the folk who've had the misfortune of witnessing it.
TO-DAYS GAME on 21:38 - Aug 25 with 1822 viewsJames1980

Such a shame we can't get behind the team especially when chips are down

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

TO-DAYS GAME on 22:10 - Aug 25 with 1784 viewsD_Alien

TO-DAYS GAME on 21:38 - Aug 25 by James1980

Such a shame we can't get behind the team especially when chips are down

What you should be asking yourself James, is why can't the manager support a player who's trying to score a goal?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

TO-DAYS GAME on 23:19 - Aug 25 with 1610 viewsTalkingSutty

TO-DAYS GAME on 20:58 - Aug 25 by nordenblue

He can think what he likes, and even say what he wants, unfortunately he won't kid the folk who've had the misfortune of witnessing it.

We didn't play bad in any of the last two games but neither goalkeeper in both games had a serious shot to save. I think we've had two shots on target in total.No quality in the final third and overplaying it in our own half again.
[Post edited 25 Aug 23:21]
TO-DAYS GAME on 00:22 - Aug 26 with 1519 views_Windydale

I don't think were playing that bad apart from a weak forward line at the minute. Forwards need to play with more belief in their ability and anticipate better. McGuire needs to keep his eyes open when heading on goal ;-)
[Post edited 26 Aug 0:23]
TO-DAYS GAME on 10:32 - Aug 26 with 1094 views49thseason

I think JM has to bring in some competition for Mitchell and Rodney, neither is looking confident and they dont seem to have gelled as a pair . They know that Henderson isnt going to play a run of full games and consequently as things stand they are Hobsons choice... and underperforming. Mitchell has not improved since he arrived and I wonder if Rodney is really fully recovered from his problems last season?
There is no shortage of balls into the danger areas but they are simply not finishing them either because they dont know how to get into the right areas or do not have the will to do so. It must be hugely frustrating for the rest of the team and needs sorting out before it starts to affect the whole set up. Little wonder East decided to shoot from distance ( the horror!)......Come on Jim, sort it out or bring in someone who willl, before we get too far behind the pack at the top end of the table....sometimes the nice guy has to show some metal and have a rant....
TO-DAYS GAME on 10:33 - Aug 26 with 1088 viewsPearl_v_Sandy

Pearl 1 Sandy 0
TO-DAYS GAME on 13:04 - Aug 26 with 795 viewskel

TO-DAYS GAME on 10:33 - Aug 26 by Pearl_v_Sandy

Pearl 1 Sandy 0

Pointless account. Wonder which X user it could be…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024