Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes sold apparently 16:06 - Aug 24 with 110002 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Rumours he's gone to Hearts.
Dykes sold apparently on 12:33 - Aug 26 with 7805 viewsLanhoop

Dykes sold apparently on 10:38 - Aug 26 by CiderwithRsie

I don't get some of this discussion about Nourry/Cifuentes responsibility for signings.

I know nothing about how QPR are run but surely in any organisation people responsible for decisions consult with others who can help inform them?

It may be Nourry who decides to sell Dozzell and buy Madsen, but why would he do that without first finding out if Cifuentes rates either player?

You use the resources available to do the job and that includes the knowledge of other people at the club. I'd hope the people in charge aren't living in silos, but that people aren't crossing lines (like Redknapp seemingly able to dictate specific player purchases without reference to finances, youth development policy, or his own duties as head of the coaching staff).

Agree. It’s got to be a committee with Nourry getting the veto on financial terms and Cifuentes having the veto on the playing aspects. Probably with the fitness guy and that new ‘methodology’ guy having input too.
Dykes sold apparently on 12:39 - Aug 26 with 7681 viewsHAYESBOY

Dykes sold apparently on 10:13 - Aug 26 by Landshark

Who? Please show me a YouTube video compilation of his goals containing all his good bits, leaving out all his missed sitters oh and please have some terrible background music with some flashy budget opening graphics to go along with it.

[Post edited 26 Aug 12:41]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Dykes sold apparently (n/t) on 15:29 - Aug 26 with 6782 viewsjohncharles

[Post edited 26 Aug 15:31]

Strong and stable my arse.

Dykes sold apparently on 15:45 - Aug 26 with 6575 viewsQPR_John

Dykes sold apparently on 22:55 - Aug 25 by 1JD

Nourry himself was behind the change. It was part of his recommendations to the club acting as a consultant. To which he was then offered the job to execute them.

I cannot add to what has been posted about the imput Cifuentes has.
Dykes sold apparently on 15:56 - Aug 26 with 6437 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Dykes sold apparently on 21:52 - Aug 25 by LongRanger

If the Hearts rumour was true, any chance it could be a part exchange with Shankland?

The expected JCS sale has gone very quiet, any expectation that could still happen? Wonder if the club were expecting him to go, but now he’s interested clubs have moved on and the club are now being pushed into selling others, but may have nothing to do with it?

Apparently we were in for some Austrian defender who's contract had expired. He just signed for Standard Liege for higher wages rather than us.

If we get someone in, JCS will be sold.
Dykes sold apparently on 16:27 - Aug 26 with 6180 viewsBurnleyhoop

Will be glad to see the back of this damn transfer window and get to the international break.

Marti will finally have a bit of breathing space to work with whatever squad he ultimately ends up with. Must be a pain in the arse all of this uncertainty.
Dykes sold apparently on 16:41 - Aug 26 with 5994 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dykes sold apparently on 16:27 - Aug 26 by Burnleyhoop

Will be glad to see the back of this damn transfer window and get to the international break.

Marti will finally have a bit of breathing space to work with whatever squad he ultimately ends up with. Must be a pain in the arse all of this uncertainty.

It really must be, Burnleyhoop.

Like you, I'm tired of it. Must be a real challenge for the coaching staff, and - to be fair - for everyone at the club.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dykes sold apparently on 16:49 - Aug 26 with 5887 viewscolinallcars

When does the window “slam shut” ?
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes sold apparently on 17:03 - Aug 26 with 5705 viewsSimplyNico

Dykes sold apparently on 16:27 - Aug 26 by Burnleyhoop

Is this, perhaps, getting rid of the squad mentality of failure by getting rid of the squad that had that mentality?
Dykes sold apparently on 17:13 - Aug 26 with 5543 viewseghamranger

Friday at 11 I believe.

We may know at 6.45pm when the team news is announced if they haven’t gone before
Dykes sold apparently on 19:02 - Aug 26 with 4767 viewsDavieQPR

Dykes was ask by someone on Saturday if he was leaving and he said he wasn't sure. Sitting in SA stand with Chair. Seems there is something happening but still in negotiation.
Dykes sold apparently on 19:10 - Aug 26 with 4664 viewsnumptydumpty

This is mad !!
[Post edited 26 Aug 19:11]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Dykes sold apparently on 19:49 - Aug 26 with 4387 viewsSpaceman_P

Dykes sold apparently on 19:10 - Aug 26 by numptydumpty

This is mad !!
[Post edited 26 Aug 19:11]

not really man.... either he goes OR he's 3rd option striker

same with Chair, he either stays or goes.

I'll be more upset if Chair goes personally.
Dykes sold apparently on 09:36 - Aug 27 with 3156 viewswood_hoop

Dykes sold apparently on 09:45 - Aug 27 with 3047 viewsGloucs_R

That's poor business if you ask me.

Scotland international, plenty of games in the championship... You would hope for at least £1.5m

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dykes sold apparently on 09:47 - Aug 27 with 2996 viewsGaryBannister86

Sad to see him go, but I guess 7 figures not to be sniffed at and we've got to pay for the transfer splurges somehow. Leaves us so short up front yet again. Hope Frey and Celar stay fit.

Good luck Lyndon, thanks for the efforts and service, I think you did OK.
Dykes sold apparently on 09:53 - Aug 27 with 2837 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dykes sold apparently on 09:45 - Aug 27 by Gloucs_R

Scotland international, plenty of games in the championship... You would hope for at least £1.5m

You have fallen into the trap of believing the figure a X poster has made up. It is quite clear that the club no longer release the money involved in transfers. The truth is we don't have a clue how much he will be sold for, or even if he is going to be sold soon.

The grass is always greener.

Dykes sold apparently on 10:05 - Aug 27 with 2571 viewsdm97

Whatever the fee, it’s overdue (as was seeing the back of Willock, Adomah, Kakay etc). We needed a big shake up after the final Warbs year and the decision makers at the time didn’t act. This summer feels like the first time we’ve properly moved on from the core of that side, and I think Nourry deserves credit for seeing that early and acting decisively - whether the replacements work out is another question.

He needs to move on and so do we.
Dykes sold apparently on 10:05 - Aug 27 with 2555 viewscpgerber

We'll only get an idea of the number if the buying club actually reveals how much they have paid, which is not likely I think. We'll probably have a condition to keep that confidential (for as much as that would be possible)
Dykes sold apparently on 10:06 - Aug 27 with 2536 viewsQPROslo

I find a million hard to believe for Scotland's no 9 as you say, plus he's been scoring of late for us when given a chance, 3 from 5 I believe. Important goals too.
Dykes sold apparently on 10:06 - Aug 27 with 2506 viewsNorthernr

The £1m figure has come from The Athletic.
Dykes sold apparently on 10:10 - Aug 27 with 2364 viewsdm97

Dykes sold apparently on 10:06 - Aug 27 by QPROslo

I find a million hard to believe for Scotland's no 9 as you say, plus he's been scoring of late for us when given a chance, 3 from 5 I believe. Important goals too.

He’s scored 9 goals or less in the last three seasons. His best goal scoring season for us was 12. This is fair value

**and that’s as the primary penalty taker
[Post edited 27 Aug 10:12]
Dykes sold apparently on 10:13 - Aug 27 with 2306 viewsBklynRanger

Dykes sold apparently on 10:06 - Aug 27 by Northernr

The £1m figure has come from The Athletic.

So he's going to Forest?
Dykes sold apparently on 10:15 - Aug 27 with 2224 viewshertshoops

Whether £1m, £1.5m, £2m they're all going to be guesses whilst Nourry doesn't disclose anything

Considering Blackburn only got £8m for Szmodics with his goalscoring last season, even £1m for Dykes is ok
Dykes sold apparently on 10:17 - Aug 27 with 2192 viewsPlanetHonneywood

But for that injury before the Euros, it's just our luck that he didn't go and ended up being more Duncan Ferguson than the LD we've known.

Could have seen him go on a rampage against the Germans, bagged a couple along the way, and then someone would come in with a bid of £5m plus add-ons!!!

Anyway, if he goes, good luck fella.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024