Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes sold apparently 16:06 - Aug 24 with 109999 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Rumours he's gone to Hearts.
Dykes sold apparently on 21:21 - Aug 25 with 7656 viewsGaryHaddock

Dykes sold apparently on 20:27 - Aug 25 by RBlock

I came on here and told everyone we'd definitely have a pink and black hooped kit this year after a nudge from an 'ITK'

Was it the designer?

Dykes sold apparently on 21:37 - Aug 25 with 7344 views1JD

Dykes sold apparently on 20:43 - Aug 25 by ParkRoyalR

Cifutenes nearly undone all his good work & the good fortune he had in the January transfer window in starting both Armstrong & Frey as lone strikers in must win games.

Frey arguably was unfit so had an excuse for playing so poorly but very few of our fans (those with any sense anyway) would start Armstrong as a lone striker.

If Cifuentes sells Dykes & Chair he's got alot of self-confidence.

I'm hoping it's not misplaced for all our sakes.

Cifuentes has virtually no decision-making responsibilities on the squad, ins or outs. He is the coach and is given the hand he is dealt.
Dykes sold apparently on 21:37 - Aug 25 with 7335 viewsGus_iom

Dykes sold apparently on 21:21 - Aug 25 by GaryHaddock

Was it the designer?

'Ebony and candy floss'
Dykes sold apparently on 21:48 - Aug 25 with 7165 viewswombat

Dykes sold apparently on 21:37 - Aug 25 by Gus_iom

'Ebony and candy floss'

Rumours of Josh coburn middlesbrough striker for 1.5 million on four year deal coming on

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Dykes sold apparently on 21:52 - Aug 25 with 7117 viewsLongRanger

If the Hearts rumour was true, any chance it could be a part exchange with Shankland?

The expected JCS sale has gone very quiet, any expectation that could still happen? Wonder if the club were expecting him to go, but now he’s interested clubs have moved on and the club are now being pushed into selling others, but may have nothing to do with it?
Dykes sold apparently on 21:52 - Aug 25 with 7097 viewsPunteR

Finally, some proper good old fashioned QPR message board wars. This is what LFWs should be about. Football and QPR gossip. Park the politics.. and all that.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dykes sold apparently on 21:59 - Aug 25 with 6964 viewsQPR_Hibs

Dykes sold apparently on 21:52 - Aug 25 by LongRanger

If the Hearts rumour was true, any chance it could be a part exchange with Shankland?

The expected JCS sale has gone very quiet, any expectation that could still happen? Wonder if the club were expecting him to go, but now he’s interested clubs have moved on and the club are now being pushed into selling others, but may have nothing to do with it?

"If the Hearts rumour was true, any chance it could be a part exchange with Shankland?"

I did wonder that myself.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Dykes sold apparently on 22:00 - Aug 25 with 6922 viewsrichpr

Dykes sold apparently on 21:37 - Aug 25 by 1JD

Cifuentes has virtually no decision-making responsibilities on the squad, ins or outs. He is the coach and is given the hand he is dealt.

Utter rubbish - of course MC is involved with who he wants to get rid of and who we sign. Obviously, Nourry gets the deals done and the finances.
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes sold apparently on 22:05 - Aug 25 with 6834 viewsBoston

Dykes sold apparently on 21:48 - Aug 25 by wombat

Rumours of Josh coburn middlesbrough striker for 1.5 million on four year deal coming on

Doubt it.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dykes sold apparently on 22:14 - Aug 25 with 6738 viewsLblock

Dykes sold apparently on 22:00 - Aug 25 by richpr

Utter rubbish - of course MC is involved with who he wants to get rid of and who we sign. Obviously, Nourry gets the deals done and the finances.

Adds the human factor an all

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dykes sold apparently on 22:26 - Aug 25 with 6554 viewsdaveB

Dykes sold apparently on 20:43 - Aug 25 by ParkRoyalR

Cifutenes nearly undone all his good work & the good fortune he had in the January transfer window in starting both Armstrong & Frey as lone strikers in must win games.

Frey arguably was unfit so had an excuse for playing so poorly but very few of our fans (those with any sense anyway) would start Armstrong as a lone striker.

If Cifuentes sells Dykes & Chair he's got alot of self-confidence.

I'm hoping it's not misplaced for all our sakes.

being pedantic they were not must win games as we lost them and stayed up anyway

On the sales whatever you think of Chair and Dykes you can't go out and spend a few million quid on Celar, Marden, Nardi and the loans and not sell someone
Dykes sold apparently on 22:27 - Aug 25 with 6545 views1JD

Dykes sold apparently on 22:00 - Aug 25 by richpr

Nourry is in charge, exclusively, on squad strategy. Cifuentes has very little input. This is the European style model now in place at QPR and available not only publicly (why Cifuentes always says “you need to ask Christian” or “the club” (=Nourry) when quizzed on players ins or outs) but also confirmed from those who have links to the club.
Dykes sold apparently on 22:44 - Aug 25 with 6314 viewskensalriser

Dykes sold apparently on 21:52 - Aug 25 by PunteR

Finally, some proper good old fashioned QPR message board wars. This is what LFWs should be about. Football and QPR gossip. Park the politics.. and all that.

ITK beef. We need more of this.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dykes sold apparently on 22:51 - Aug 25 with 6235 viewsQPR_John

Dykes sold apparently on 22:27 - Aug 25 by 1JD

Nourry is in charge, exclusively, on squad strategy. Cifuentes has very little input. This is the European style model now in place at QPR and available not only publicly (why Cifuentes always says “you need to ask Christian” or “the club” (=Nourry) when quizzed on players ins or outs) but also confirmed from those who have links to the club.

There seems to be agreement on this board that there has been a change in the club since Cifuentes has taken over as head coach from Ainsworth. If he has had no input in who is sold or brought who was behind the change.
Dykes sold apparently on 22:55 - Aug 25 with 6175 views1JD

Dykes sold apparently on 22:51 - Aug 25 by QPR_John

There seems to be agreement on this board that there has been a change in the club since Cifuentes has taken over as head coach from Ainsworth. If he has had no input in who is sold or brought who was behind the change.

Nourry himself was behind the change. It was part of his recommendations to the club acting as a consultant. To which he was then offered the job to execute them.
Dykes sold apparently on 23:11 - Aug 25 with 5939 viewsPunteR

Dykes sold apparently on 22:44 - Aug 25 by kensalriser

ITK beef. We need more of this.

I'll take QPR ITK beef over everything else beef on a QPR message board.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dykes sold apparently on 08:09 - Aug 26 with 4597 viewsgazza1

Dykes sold apparently on 22:27 - Aug 25 by 1JD

Rich has it right......MC decides who he wants and Nourry progresses the transfer & providing that player fits the model we try and sign that player.

There is absolutely no way that Nourry decides how we play tactically, who plays every week, etc, etc or which players we sign apart from some input.
Dykes sold apparently on 08:56 - Aug 26 with 4247 viewsBlue_Castello

Dykes sold apparently on 08:09 - Aug 26 by gazza1

Rich has it right......MC decides who he wants and Nourry progresses the transfer & providing that player fits the model we try and sign that player.

There is absolutely no way that Nourry decides how we play tactically, who plays every week, etc, etc or which players we sign apart from some input.

Have to agree with Gazza the coach has to be the one who decides what positions he needs players in and just as importantly which players are not good enough and can be released.

Surely it's down to the Analytics team to find the players in the positions needed and put them before the coach for his input and to discuss with the CEO whether they are suitable and that we can afford them. I struggle to believe that we are purely relying on a 27 year old CEO with very little experience to build a squad to be competitive in the Championship, maybe we are but that's a massive gamble.

It was generally believed on here that it was Cifuentes who decided that he didn't want Dozzell any more as he played him a few times before dropping him and we then loaned him out. If we want to keep Cifuentes then he has to have input on players, it wasn't Nourry who kept us in the Championship last season and if we isolate the coach from all recruitment decisions he is very likely to leave the club.

We all know how precarious the finances are at the club and that I get the impression that Cifuentes has bought into the fact we have to sell players to survive but to then cut him off from all recruitment decisions as well is asking for a very unhappy man, the fact is none of us know for sure because the CEO is not giving an interview and probably preventing the manager from doing the same.
[Post edited 26 Aug 9:01]
Dykes sold apparently on 09:45 - Aug 26 with 3893 viewsR_from_afar

Dykes sold apparently on 19:15 - Aug 25 by Antti_Heinola

I think it's *always* worth remembering that not everything 'someone at the club' tells you will be gospel. They might believe it, or have heard something and think it's right, but it doesn't necessarily make it true.

Indeed. I used to play football with someone who was friends with one of our fitness coaches, when Austin was with us the first time round.

After my weekly football match, I was talking to my team mate about Austin's shoulder injury. I said I thought Charlie would miss the next game at the very least but was told: "Don't worry, I've spoken to my mate the coach, he says Austin will play".

He didn't. The only time I have ever had inside information and it turned out to be a load of old mince

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Dykes sold apparently on 09:54 - Aug 26 with 3766 viewsR_from_afar

Dykes sold apparently on 20:47 - Aug 25 by connell10

Soooooo reading between the lines Dykes has had a falling out with person or persons unknown, he might be going to various clubs or possibly he could have been dropped as a disciplinary measure...erm as clear as mud then.

Or .... Nourry is worried that all Lyndon's hairdressing bills are going to take us over our FFP limit, so he's decided we need to move him on

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Dykes sold apparently on 10:01 - Aug 26 with 3693 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cifuentes clearly has a say on who we sign, as Andersen and Madsen likely prove.

Bare bones.

Dykes sold apparently on 10:13 - Aug 26 with 3547 viewsLandshark

Dykes sold apparently on 21:48 - Aug 25 by wombat

Who? Please show me a YouTube video compilation of his goals containing all his good bits, leaving out all his missed sitters oh and please have some terrible background music with some flashy budget opening graphics to go along with it.
Dykes sold apparently on 10:38 - Aug 26 with 3328 viewsCiderwithRsie

I don't get some of this discussion about Nourry/Cifuentes responsibility for signings.

I know nothing about how QPR are run but surely in any organisation people responsible for decisions consult with others who can help inform them?

It may be Nourry who decides to sell Dozzell and buy Madsen, but why would he do that without first finding out if Cifuentes rates either player?

You use the resources available to do the job and that includes the knowledge of other people at the club. I'd hope the people in charge aren't living in silos, but that people aren't crossing lines (like Redknapp seemingly able to dictate specific player purchases without reference to finances, youth development policy, or his own duties as head of the coaching staff).
Dykes sold apparently on 10:45 - Aug 26 with 3254 viewsBoston

Dykes sold apparently on 09:54 - Aug 26 by R_from_afar

Or .... Nourry is worried that all Lyndon's hairdressing bills are going to take us over our FFP limit, so he's decided we need to move him on

Well, I happen to know the club tattooist and he tells me there's no more space...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dykes sold apparently on 11:06 - Aug 26 with 3052 viewscolinallcars

I'm beginning to think Lyndon's chewed more than he can bite off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024