Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes sold apparently 16:06 - Aug 24 with 110005 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Rumours he's gone to Hearts.
Dykes sold apparently on 21:35 - Aug 24 with 7142 viewsMick_S

Dykes sold apparently on 20:17 - Aug 24 by FDC

Definitely sounds like Dykes is off from Marti's response at the end here

He’s had his hair done. He’s off.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Dykes sold apparently on 21:37 - Aug 24 with 7104 viewsBluce_Ree

Meh. Not arsed. We need a real striker.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Dykes sold apparently on 22:39 - Aug 24 with 6603 viewsqueensparker

Dykes sold apparently on 21:06 - Aug 24 by Logman

Do we have alternatives ?

Beyond Frey and Celar I'm pretty sure we don't have any other centre forwards. You normally need 3 during the course of the season. On the other hand we appear to have an abundance who play across the attacking midfield (Smyth, Chair, Anderson, Kolli, Saito, Demebele and Lloyd)

If we need to sell one of Chair and Dykes to balance the books then that’s the world’s easiest decision come on
Dykes sold apparently on 22:51 - Aug 24 with 6485 viewsNed_Kennedys

Dykes sold apparently on 22:39 - Aug 24 by queensparker

If we need to sell one of Chair and Dykes to balance the books then that’s the world’s easiest decision come on

Based on our signings I’d 100% sell Chair.
Dembele is a literal replacement for him and his set pieces are way better.
If Dykes goes to a Scottish club then we are surely getting peanuts for him: we’d also only have two centre forwards left in the squad which would be a disaster waiting to happen.
Dykes sold apparently on 23:15 - Aug 24 with 6344 viewscolinallcars

Dykesy'll come good eventually.
As Fred Astaire sang:

My two feet haven't met yet,
But I'll be teacher's pet yet,
Maybe when I reach age fifty,
I'll get up and do a nifty.

G'night.
Dykes sold apparently (n/t) on 23:21 - Aug 24 with 6268 viewsmart_Goblin

[Post edited 25 Aug 10:27]
Dykes sold apparently on 23:45 - Aug 24 with 6127 viewsbaz_qpr

Dykes sold apparently (n/t) on 23:21 - Aug 24 by mart_Goblin

I've heard Blackburn, Milwall and Hearts today but maybe it is a disciplinary thing he's certainly been very much 3rd choice
Dykes sold apparently on 23:55 - Aug 24 with 6061 viewsHAYESBOY

If Dykes goes, we need another striker. Cannot go through the season with two strikers.

If we get 3m then that's a good deal. He has 2 years left on his contract.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes sold apparently on 00:53 - Aug 25 with 5880 viewsCLAREMAN1995

That is a pity if what you said is true martGoblin I thought he was happy here and remember his hospital stay and recovery then he was right back wearing the hoops .
Money talks as we know and if LD is off we would hope its the best for both parties
Dykes sold apparently on 03:53 - Aug 25 with 5617 viewsFredManRave

Is Dowie back?!

At the end of the day, irrespective of what the question was, Dykes was never the answer, and his stats, and what we've seem with our own eyes, prove this to be the case.

Worth mentioning though, it's not his fault and you can't fault his effort and commitment to the cause; just not good enough.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Dykes sold apparently on 04:10 - Aug 25 with 5558 viewsHoopsie

We need to give Celar some time to adjust to a new environment, same for all the other incomings

Dembele hit the ground running as he is the only new addition that played in the efl albeit in league one, so even that we have to be patient

Frey had half a season and we can see evidently he’s a different player, sharper, fitter this season and got his first goal of the season in league after opening his account with a cup goal.

Celar needs bed in, there are signs already he will come good once he gets acclimatised

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Dykes sold apparently on 05:51 - Aug 25 with 5374 viewseastside_r

Sorry but I can’t stand posts like this.

If you know something and it is true why not just tell us?
Dykes sold apparently on 06:50 - Aug 25 with 5148 viewsLblock

Dykes sold apparently on 05:51 - Aug 25 by eastside_r

Sorry but I can’t stand posts like this.

If you know something and it is true why not just tell us?

He’s been getting text messages from Jermaine Jenas?

Jermaine confused by Lyndon’s surname

I’m ITK donchyaknow

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dykes sold apparently on 06:53 - Aug 25 with 5149 viewsbosh67

Dykes sold apparently on 04:10 - Aug 25 by Hoopsie

We need to give Celar some time to adjust to a new environment, same for all the other incomings

Dembele hit the ground running as he is the only new addition that played in the efl albeit in league one, so even that we have to be patient

Frey had half a season and we can see evidently he’s a different player, sharper, fitter this season and got his first goal of the season in league after opening his account with a cup goal.

Celar needs bed in, there are signs already he will come good once he gets acclimatised

Totally agree. If you have the instinct (Celar) the goals will follow. You can see the instinct is there.

I like Dykes and he has particular credit for coming back from pneumonia to help the team a few seasons when many others wouldn't have. He also signed a longer term contract so the club could make some money from a sale. I can only think that if Dykes goes that we have another striker lined up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dykes sold apparently on 07:35 - Aug 25 with 4888 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes sold apparently on 06:53 - Aug 25 by bosh67

Totally agree. If you have the instinct (Celar) the goals will follow. You can see the instinct is there.

I like Dykes and he has particular credit for coming back from pneumonia to help the team a few seasons when many others wouldn't have. He also signed a longer term contract so the club could make some money from a sale. I can only think that if Dykes goes that we have another striker lined up.

We finally find a player who can cross a ball and no longer hit the first defender from every corner

and we sell the supposed (well according to Smyth) best headerer of a ball at the club.
Dykes sold apparently on 07:38 - Aug 25 with 4875 viewsGloucs_R

Dykes sold apparently on 03:53 - Aug 25 by FredManRave

Is Dowie back?!

At the end of the day, irrespective of what the question was, Dykes was never the answer, and his stats, and what we've seem with our own eyes, prove this to be the case.

Worth mentioning though, it's not his fault and you can't fault his effort and commitment to the cause; just not good enough.

Dowie had a massive heart attack at the gym a couple of months back. Was resuscitated using a defibrillator and then flown by helicopter to hospital. Seems to be doing ok now. Doing a spin class one minute and then next woke up in hospital.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dykes sold apparently on 07:47 - Aug 25 with 4774 viewsgazza1

The sooner Dykes goes the better for the Club.......he is not good enough for Championship football, hence why there appears to be no Championship Club in the reckoning.

As for the best header of a ball in the Club......Really!!!!!
Dykes sold apparently on 08:30 - Aug 25 with 4470 viewsnumptydumpty

If true and by Marti's reaction, it's a surprise, we definitely need to get another centre forward in.

Celar adjusting and Frey taking on more, if either get injured, would be an issue.

I think could be a loan if we can.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Dykes sold apparently on 08:30 - Aug 25 with 4474 viewsEsox_Lucius

Put up or shut up. If you know something, post it, or is it all about massaging your weak ego?

The grass is always greener.

Dykes sold apparently on 11:07 - Aug 25 with 3839 viewsHoopsie

Have we agreed on a fee?

Is he doing his medical?

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Dykes sold apparently on 11:12 - Aug 25 with 3790 viewsdaveB

good luck to him if he goes, can't really fault his effort over the years, lacked quality but had his moments for us. Probably best for him to move on and get regular football, hope it works out for him. I think he'll go to Birmingham
Dykes sold apparently on 11:20 - Aug 25 with 3705 viewsdmm

Dykes sold apparently on 11:12 - Aug 25 by daveB

good luck to him if he goes, can't really fault his effort over the years, lacked quality but had his moments for us. Probably best for him to move on and get regular football, hope it works out for him. I think he'll go to Birmingham

For purely financial reasons, I hope he goes to Brum as we'd get a better deal. Outside of Celtic and Rangers there's little money in Scottish football.
Dykes sold apparently on 11:51 - Aug 25 with 3411 viewsslmrstid

Is the right sort etc...but 37 goals in 165 games is an appalling return for a striker, no dressing it up. It won't be a big loss if he goes. Frey and Celar may not prove to be better...but they're certainly not worse.
Dykes sold apparently on 12:02 - Aug 25 with 3294 viewssilverbirch

Dykes sold apparently on 08:30 - Aug 25 by Esox_Lucius

Put up or shut up. If you know something, post it, or is it all about massaging your weak ego?

Is that necessary?
This post by mart Goblin was a bit frustrating but he’s usually one of the more interesting and better informed posters.
He knows something and wants to let us know but doesn’t want to betray a confidence - That can be difficult. Let’s not discourage him from trying.
Dykes sold apparently on 12:04 - Aug 25 with 3278 viewsNortholt_Rs

Dykes sold apparently on 23:55 - Aug 24 by HAYESBOY

If Dykes goes, we need another striker. Cannot go through the season with two strikers.

If we get 3m then that's a good deal. He has 2 years left on his contract.

Not those two strikers anyway….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024