Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
York away match thread 19:14 - Aug 20 with 15071 views442Dale

Win, lose or draw, it’s hoped the manager is asked about the specific choices he makes in personnel so we gain an understanding around selections like Armstrong coming in for the impressive so far Beckwith.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

York away match thread on 12:17 - Aug 23 with 1367 viewsmather1

First post on here but a long time reader.

My thoughts from the other night.

I don’t think we played as poorly as many seem to think, albeit I appreciate it’s an opinions game.
I thought that we were well worth a point, at least.

We had plenty of chances to score on the night, namely Mitchell’s, Mcbride’s, Ebanks free header and a real poor squander of a chance from Allarakhia which required a simple pass which would’ve led to a chance from 6 yards out, all spring to mind.

They didn’t seem to have much joy that wasn’t from our own doing until the final 10 mins when we was pushing to get the equaliser and the game became very stretched. Of course, the defending and goalkeeping for their goal was very poor. Jury remains out on the new GK.

I didn’t understand Armstrong coming in for Beckwith on the night.

Definitely agree that we’re a few short in defence and think we could do with a CF that could hold the ball up better and provide us with a better outlet to get us up the pitch. Rodney and Mitchell both poor on the night.

Burger seems to have a nice technique and showed some promising signs when he came on (as he has in all games so far) so I’d definitely start him tomorrow.

I think York will be there or thereabouts but did expect more from them on the night.
York away match thread on 12:28 - Aug 23 with 1290 views442Dale

York away match thread on 12:17 - Aug 23 by mather1

First post on here but a long time reader.

My thoughts from the other night.

I don’t think we played as poorly as many seem to think, albeit I appreciate it’s an opinions game.
I thought that we were well worth a point, at least.

We had plenty of chances to score on the night, namely Mitchell’s, Mcbride’s, Ebanks free header and a real poor squander of a chance from Allarakhia which required a simple pass which would’ve led to a chance from 6 yards out, all spring to mind.

They didn’t seem to have much joy that wasn’t from our own doing until the final 10 mins when we was pushing to get the equaliser and the game became very stretched. Of course, the defending and goalkeeping for their goal was very poor. Jury remains out on the new GK.

I didn’t understand Armstrong coming in for Beckwith on the night.

Definitely agree that we’re a few short in defence and think we could do with a CF that could hold the ball up better and provide us with a better outlet to get us up the pitch. Rodney and Mitchell both poor on the night.

Burger seems to have a nice technique and showed some promising signs when he came on (as he has in all games so far) so I’d definitely start him tomorrow.

I think York will be there or thereabouts but did expect more from them on the night.

A fair assessment.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

York away match thread on 13:58 - Aug 23 with 1132 views49thseason

York away match thread on 12:28 - Aug 23 by 442Dale

A fair assessment.

I wonder if selections have been made with the prospect of 4 games in 10 days in mind..? Whilst we have enjoyed a better pre-season than last year, players still arrived at different points, with different fitness levels and may need pitch minutes to gain extra levels of fitness required.. hence an amount of team shuffling and reshuffling...what is already highlighted is that we are underweight in strikers.. we can only hope JM has a cunning plan to fix the problem.. I wonder if we might be getting a couple of United loanees at some point? Or was that idea put on the "failed" pile ? Maybe " Greg" could ask the question? ..... but probably not....
[Post edited 23 Aug 13:59]
York away match thread on 16:53 - Aug 23 with 850 viewsTalkingSutty

York away match thread on 13:58 - Aug 23 by 49thseason

I wonder if selections have been made with the prospect of 4 games in 10 days in mind..? Whilst we have enjoyed a better pre-season than last year, players still arrived at different points, with different fitness levels and may need pitch minutes to gain extra levels of fitness required.. hence an amount of team shuffling and reshuffling...what is already highlighted is that we are underweight in strikers.. we can only hope JM has a cunning plan to fix the problem.. I wonder if we might be getting a couple of United loanees at some point? Or was that idea put on the "failed" pile ? Maybe " Greg" could ask the question? ..... but probably not....
[Post edited 23 Aug 13:59]

We need players who are fit for purpose, that arrangement with United last season seemed more weighted in their direction than ours. It's not the time to blood youngsters for other clubs in the hope they can make the step up in a very physical league,very few do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024