Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Traffic Alert - Travelling yo York 13:23 - Aug 19 with 2471 views100569

Just arrived at York. Having a few days as well as the match. There are major roadworks at the M62/M1 Junction and all up the M1 to its end for central reservation upgrade. This morning at 11am traffic moving very slowly and at a standstill at times. Travelling at rush hour I would imagine it could be a bit of a nightmare, as it is normally there.Just giving you the heads up if going by car.
Traffic Alert - Travelling yo York on 16:32 - Aug 19 with 2189 viewsDalenet

I do that route a lot. The alternative is to stay on the M62 through to the A1 and join tha A1 further down. The exit for York on the A1 is always queueing most days ion any case.
Traffic Alert - Travelling yo York on 16:52 - Aug 19 with 2150 viewsDale_4_Life

Its slow but very rarely gridlocked.

40mph for 10/15 minutes until the A64 turnoff.

Maybe allow an extra 30 minutes if you can.
Traffic Alert - Travelling yo York on 18:53 - Aug 19 with 1916 viewsRehsad

For any exiles intending to go north via the A1 there are serious road works just south of the M62 junction. These are unpredictable (usually no less than 30 mins) and it's better instead to take the M18 and then via Drax to the A19 - joining the A64 at the A19 intersection. If you are going by car (by whatever route) then there are reservable car park spaces available at the Monks Cross Retail Park which is a short wall from the stadium. There are only 400 reservable spaces in total but there was availability earlier today when I purchased match tickets. Away fans tickets were still available this morning on the YCFC web site and car parking (£5) can be bought at the same time.

The McArthur Glen Retail Park at the A64/A19 intersection has a decent food court (not great - but better than a motorway services) - and parking is free. It isn't feasible to use McArthur Glen for the stadium though - it really has to be Monks Cross for that. I mention it only because you have to drive past McArthur Glen on the A 64 to get to Monks Cross and so it's worth stopping there for food if needed.

The M1/A1 delays (between M62 and A1/A64 can also be a pain - but often cleared within 15-20 mins.
Traffic Alert - Travelling yo York on 10:36 - Aug 20 with 1355 viewsDaleDamo

Has anyone suggestions on pre match pint??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024