Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scores 09:00 - Aug 18 with 7728 viewsitsallaboutthedale

Busy queues at the bars and kiosks good to see money being put back into the Dale. Shame tvs are not showing scores while waiting it would help pass the time. Also a suggestion for speakers throughout near kiosks/toilets at half time so can hear announcements, went to Boston and was good to hear other scores at half time.
Scores on 13:05 - Aug 18 with 4832 views100569

Boston also had the match live on TV on the concourse underneath the stand. Seated area. We used to have that too. Revenue being lost at the bar particularly under Smith's Metal Stand
Scores on 14:00 - Aug 18 with 4766 viewsTalkingSutty

Scores on 13:05 - Aug 18 by 100569

Boston also had the match live on TV on the concourse underneath the stand. Seated area. We used to have that too. Revenue being lost at the bar particularly under Smith's Metal Stand

Televisions (three) not even turned on in the bar underneath the Smiths Metal Stand, this is supposed to be a sports stadium, Saturday is a sports day. Can't see the point in having them if they aren't being used. We were informed twenty minutes before the lunchtime televised game kicked off that it was in fact now being shown live in the Ratcliffe/ Dale Bar, plans had already been made to watch it elsewhere by our group of eight fans. A couple of quick phone calls and we reverted back to the club and spent probably £50/£60 between us, money that would have gone elsewhere. A new Dale shirt, programme, two trust renewals also, money that wouldnt have been spent on the day had we gone elsewhere and turned up and just entered the stadium. Nobody is still any wiser what is happening regarding watching live football in the bars before the game. They might as well take all the televisions out of the bars if there's nothing to watch.

I'm assuming at some point Cameron Ogden and the new Directors will consider sitting down with a consortium of supporters ( not just Trust representatives and not in the setting of a fans forum) and having a one on one discussion with them regarding the matchday experience etc. That would be a commonsense thing to do when it comes to any business, get first hand customer feedback, especially when you are ploughing millions of pounds into it. It's all well and good cutting back on programme sellers around the ground to try and save the club money but a bit pointless when complimentary matchday tickets are being handed out like confetti. We had freeloaders when Bottomley ran the club and it seems that we still have plenty of them, just turning up and not paying to enter the ground. When the club needed saving and fans were out with collection buckets these people were nowhere to be seen. They don't love the club otherwise they would pay the entrance fee.
[Post edited 18 Aug 14:43]
Scores on 14:52 - Aug 18 with 4625 viewsD_Alien

Scores on 14:00 - Aug 18 by TalkingSutty

Televisions (three) not even turned on in the bar underneath the Smiths Metal Stand, this is supposed to be a sports stadium, Saturday is a sports day. Can't see the point in having them if they aren't being used. We were informed twenty minutes before the lunchtime televised game kicked off that it was in fact now being shown live in the Ratcliffe/ Dale Bar, plans had already been made to watch it elsewhere by our group of eight fans. A couple of quick phone calls and we reverted back to the club and spent probably £50/£60 between us, money that would have gone elsewhere. A new Dale shirt, programme, two trust renewals also, money that wouldnt have been spent on the day had we gone elsewhere and turned up and just entered the stadium. Nobody is still any wiser what is happening regarding watching live football in the bars before the game. They might as well take all the televisions out of the bars if there's nothing to watch.

I'm assuming at some point Cameron Ogden and the new Directors will consider sitting down with a consortium of supporters ( not just Trust representatives and not in the setting of a fans forum) and having a one on one discussion with them regarding the matchday experience etc. That would be a commonsense thing to do when it comes to any business, get first hand customer feedback, especially when you are ploughing millions of pounds into it. It's all well and good cutting back on programme sellers around the ground to try and save the club money but a bit pointless when complimentary matchday tickets are being handed out like confetti. We had freeloaders when Bottomley ran the club and it seems that we still have plenty of them, just turning up and not paying to enter the ground. When the club needed saving and fans were out with collection buckets these people were nowhere to be seen. They don't love the club otherwise they would pay the entrance fee.
[Post edited 18 Aug 14:43]

Can you be more specific with that last point?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scores on 15:09 - Aug 18 with 4575 viewsTalkingSutty

Scores on 14:52 - Aug 18 by D_Alien

Can you be more specific with that last point?

I could be but not on the forum, i'm going to contact somebody at the club tomorrow.
Scores on 16:29 - Aug 18 with 4437 viewsitsallaboutthedale

Scores on 15:09 - Aug 18 by TalkingSutty

I could be but not on the forum, i'm going to contact somebody at the club tomorrow.

Well it’s early days, hopefully the Ogden's do pick up on some of the suggestions and we see some changes, some quick wins I reckon. Have already seen some improvements so it’s going in right direction.
Scores on 17:04 - Aug 18 with 4376 viewsTalkingSutty

Scores on 16:29 - Aug 18 by itsallaboutthedale

Well it’s early days, hopefully the Ogden's do pick up on some of the suggestions and we see some changes, some quick wins I reckon. Have already seen some improvements so it’s going in right direction.

Yes, the signings look decent and performances have been encouraging. Off the pitch i haven't seen much improvement on what went on before. The new kit remains a mystery two weeks into the season, does anybody know if the players have the away kit ready for the game at York and Yeovil? Does anybody know what colour our away and third kit is going to be, the season has started. Confusion in the bars regarding pre match televised games, programme sales etc. Let's put it down to teething problems then and the fall out from the uncertainty of last season. The alternative is to see these things and keep schtum, pretend that everything is tickety boo in case it upsets the hierarchy. It's a new era and we're supposed to be raising the bar in all aspects of the club but off the field it doesn't seem like it. Maybe it's just me, i'm positive in regards to what i've seen on the pitch though and i think the Trust organising the coach travel is a brilliant move. So there are some positives.
[Post edited 18 Aug 17:06]
Scores on 18:15 - Aug 18 with 4206 viewsSaxonDale

Must say I was disappointed by the service in the Ticket Office yesterday. I found the lady I spoke to quite rude and abrupt- this being after trying to contact the Ticket Office 3 times during stated Open hours in the week but getting no answer.
Scores on 18:57 - Aug 18 with 4091 viewsTVOS1907

Scores on 17:04 - Aug 18 by TalkingSutty

Yes, the signings look decent and performances have been encouraging. Off the pitch i haven't seen much improvement on what went on before. The new kit remains a mystery two weeks into the season, does anybody know if the players have the away kit ready for the game at York and Yeovil? Does anybody know what colour our away and third kit is going to be, the season has started. Confusion in the bars regarding pre match televised games, programme sales etc. Let's put it down to teething problems then and the fall out from the uncertainty of last season. The alternative is to see these things and keep schtum, pretend that everything is tickety boo in case it upsets the hierarchy. It's a new era and we're supposed to be raising the bar in all aspects of the club but off the field it doesn't seem like it. Maybe it's just me, i'm positive in regards to what i've seen on the pitch though and i think the Trust organising the coach travel is a brilliant move. So there are some positives.

You're right about the kits, but we won't need an away kit at York, we'll be able to wear blue/white/blue.

We might get away with it at Yeovil (they're in all green this year), but we'll definitely need it sorting for Aldershot on 7th September.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Scores on 19:41 - Aug 18 with 4003 viewsDalenet

Scores on 17:04 - Aug 18 by TalkingSutty

There are of course many off field areas that could be improved - I am encouraged that the club is welcoming a whole host of meetings that have been set up to discuss aspects raised by the fans. The Trust will be the catalyst for that and that is what the club want. Cameron has been clear that whilst the Ogdens own the club, he isn't running it. We have a new Commercial Director who will be responsible for many things, including fan experience. I am sure he will want to be fully engaged with the fan base via the sessions that have been arranged. Or via email. He will be keen to ensure he takes another £200 off each fan every season (or whatever the target may be) on the path to sustainability. I'd email him and see what he says. Can't hurt
Scores on 19:42 - Aug 18 with 4002 views442Dale

Scores on 18:57 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

You're right about the kits, but we won't need an away kit at York, we'll be able to wear blue/white/blue.

We might get away with it at Yeovil (they're in all green this year), but we'll definitely need it sorting for Aldershot on 7th September.

We might get away with blue/white/white at Aldershot. Birmingham wore blue there in pre season and it looked fine.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Scores on 20:40 - Aug 18 with 3834 viewsTalkingSutty

Scores on 19:41 - Aug 18 by Dalenet

There are of course many off field areas that could be improved - I am encouraged that the club is welcoming a whole host of meetings that have been set up to discuss aspects raised by the fans. The Trust will be the catalyst for that and that is what the club want. Cameron has been clear that whilst the Ogdens own the club, he isn't running it. We have a new Commercial Director who will be responsible for many things, including fan experience. I am sure he will want to be fully engaged with the fan base via the sessions that have been arranged. Or via email. He will be keen to ensure he takes another £200 off each fan every season (or whatever the target may be) on the path to sustainability. I'd email him and see what he says. Can't hurt

Yes I've met him and he seemed like a good bloke, easy to communicate with. He walked into the Dale Bar unannounced and introduced himself to a lot of fans, sat down and had a chat, he was very well received. The fear i have for him though is the enormity of the task in front of him, it sounds to me that he could become swamped under a mountain of work. His job spec seems to encompass everything, i hope it doesn't just become a case of pass it on to Andy he'll deal with it. That's how you lose good staff. Every fan I've spoken to seems to be keen on increasing their spend at the club this year, that's why it's important that everybody who attends games makes a financial contribution when entering the stadium.
[Post edited 18 Aug 20:48]
Scores on 20:50 - Aug 18 with 3765 viewsD_Alien

Scores on 20:40 - Aug 18 by TalkingSutty

Yes I've met him and he seemed like a good bloke, easy to communicate with. He walked into the Dale Bar unannounced and introduced himself to a lot of fans, sat down and had a chat, he was very well received. The fear i have for him though is the enormity of the task in front of him, it sounds to me that he could become swamped under a mountain of work. His job spec seems to encompass everything, i hope it doesn't just become a case of pass it on to Andy he'll deal with it. That's how you lose good staff. Every fan I've spoken to seems to be keen on increasing their spend at the club this year, that's why it's important that everybody who attends games makes a financial contribution when entering the stadium.
[Post edited 18 Aug 20:48]

That's fair comment, as is dalenet's post

So who will you be emailing tomorrow?

Scores on 20:52 - Aug 18 with 3737 viewsTalkingSutty

Scores on 20:50 - Aug 18 by D_Alien

That's fair comment, as is dalenet's post

So who will you be emailing tomorrow?

I've emailed Murray Knight and it's been passed onto Andy Duff. Why? We've got hundreds of shareholders and are supposed to be looking after the club, things like this are important.
[Post edited 18 Aug 21:04]
Scores on 21:29 - Aug 18 with 3616 viewsD_Alien

Scores on 20:52 - Aug 18 by TalkingSutty

I've emailed Murray Knight and it's been passed onto Andy Duff. Why? We've got hundreds of shareholders and are supposed to be looking after the club, things like this are important.
[Post edited 18 Aug 21:04]

Why? Because i'm interested in these things, like you - that's why

Good luck with it

Scores on 21:38 - Aug 18 with 3587 views49thseason

I get the idea that some, perhaps many here , are not impressed by the way things are being done at the moment. Some of you will remember the list of about 50 money-making schemes that we put together when we were relegated from the EFL. Some of those ideas were picked up and perhaps amended but the shortage of cash was a major impediment and probably still is.... However, improving the customer service standards, and the surrounding experience is an entirely internal undertaking which needs to be addressed ASAP.
We have maybe 25, 26 matches per season plus events and meetings, you wonder what the income from these would be if the customer service was outstanding and the thought and care were put into them that could and should be at an outstanding level?
So...
I propose that we make suggestions and promote innovations that would add up to a much more customer focused situation.... we cannot simply complain and grumble, it doesn't work and never has done, so I make the following suggestion.... others may wish to add their own ideas and suggestions... or not.
1. the whole club needs a customer-centric philosophy.. a philosophy that empowers people to go out of their comfort zone and make changes and adaptations. a philosophy whereby people apply a simple mantra.. "what can I do to improve the things I am expected to do for the benefit of my customers?"
2. Improvement is a continuous process which requires continuous activity by everyone involved from ball boys and girls to Directors on behalf of the people who come to games or other events.
3. Management and Directors have to set the standard and ensure that everyone buys in, no excuses, no exceptions. Training training training
4. Every organisation lives or dies by the quality of what it does , continuously improving the qualities of people and products improves everything. Giving staff the ability to make improvements, energises and sets a ball rolling which is unstoppable.
5. Doing things the way they have always been done is a recipe for disaster.
6. I recommend everyone to read about W. Edwards Deming. And then implement as much of his philosophy as possible as quickly as possible...
This is on Linked-in.....
In today's highly competitive business landscape, building customer loyalty is crucial for long-term success and growth. Organizations are constantly striving to attract and retain customers who will not only make repeat purchases but also become brand advocates. One approach that has proven to be effective in fostering customer loyalty is the Deming Customer Model, named after the renowned quality management guru, Dr. W. Edwards Deming. This model emphasizes the importance of understanding and meeting customer needs and expectations, thereby creating a strong foundation for lasting customer relationships.

At the core of the Deming Customer Model is the principle of continuous improvement.

According to Deming, businesses should strive to exceed customer expectations by constantly analysing and refining their processes. This requires a deep understanding of customer needs, which can be achieved through effective communication and feedback mechanisms. By actively seeking feedback and listening to customer concerns, organizations can identify areas for improvement and make the necessary changes to enhance customer satisfaction.

One of the key elements of the Deming Customer Model is the concept of customer value.

Deming believed that businesses should focus on delivering value to customers, rather than solely focusing on sales and profit margins. By providing products or services that meet or exceed customer expectations, organizations can build trust and loyalty. This involves understanding the specific needs and preferences of different customer segments and tailoring offerings to address those needs effectively.

Another critical aspect of the Deming Customer Model is the emphasis on building long-term relationships with customers (customer loyalty).

Deming recognized that customer loyalty is not built overnight but requires consistent effort and dedication. To achieve this, organizations must go beyond transactional relationships and focus on creating emotional connections with customers. This can be achieved through personalized interactions, exceptional customer service, and proactive problem-solving. When customers feel valued and supported, they are more likely to remain loyal and recommend the brand to others.

https://deming.org/

Lets not get negative, lets make suggestions that are positive ways that the club can become what we would like it to be and if necessary help to make them happen.
Scores on 21:39 - Aug 18 with 3585 viewsTalkingSutty

Scores on 21:29 - Aug 18 by D_Alien

Why? Because i'm interested in these things, like you - that's why

Good luck with it

It's nothing to do with me now, it's up to the club what they do. Some people really struggle to buy season tickets and can't afford to attend games even though they would love to do. It's only right that things like this are flagged up, it's not right to turn a blind eye to it. Bottomley surrounded himself with free loaders and minions on matchdays, he used them as human shields. It's a bit of a bug of mine and shouldn't be happening unless somebody really deserves it as a treat.
[Post edited 18 Aug 21:45]
Scores on 21:52 - Aug 18 with 3526 viewsD_Alien

Scores on 21:39 - Aug 18 by TalkingSutty

It's nothing to do with me now, it's up to the club what they do. Some people really struggle to buy season tickets and can't afford to attend games even though they would love to do. It's only right that things like this are flagged up, it's not right to turn a blind eye to it. Bottomley surrounded himself with free loaders and minions on matchdays, he used them as human shields. It's a bit of a bug of mine and shouldn't be happening unless somebody really deserves it as a treat.

Keep both eyes open for what you've seen becoming a thing of the past

Whilst complimentary tickets aren't (in themselves) a bad thing, they need to be used wisely and without favour. Granted to the right people, they can lead to increased interest, gates and revenue

On a separate note, it was really great to see a late middle-aged asian couple sat in the family section of the Pearl St. The female was dressed in a traditional outfit. I don't know if they were there due to a family connection with something happening at the game, but i hope everyone around them made them feel welcome

Scores on 22:00 - Aug 18 with 3500 views442Dale

Scores on 21:38 - Aug 18 by 49thseason

I get the idea that some, perhaps many here , are not impressed by the way things are being done at the moment. Some of you will remember the list of about 50 money-making schemes that we put together when we were relegated from the EFL. Some of those ideas were picked up and perhaps amended but the shortage of cash was a major impediment and probably still is.... However, improving the customer service standards, and the surrounding experience is an entirely internal undertaking which needs to be addressed ASAP.
We have maybe 25, 26 matches per season plus events and meetings, you wonder what the income from these would be if the customer service was outstanding and the thought and care were put into them that could and should be at an outstanding level?
So...
I propose that we make suggestions and promote innovations that would add up to a much more customer focused situation.... we cannot simply complain and grumble, it doesn't work and never has done, so I make the following suggestion.... others may wish to add their own ideas and suggestions... or not.
1. the whole club needs a customer-centric philosophy.. a philosophy that empowers people to go out of their comfort zone and make changes and adaptations. a philosophy whereby people apply a simple mantra.. "what can I do to improve the things I am expected to do for the benefit of my customers?"
2. Improvement is a continuous process which requires continuous activity by everyone involved from ball boys and girls to Directors on behalf of the people who come to games or other events.
3. Management and Directors have to set the standard and ensure that everyone buys in, no excuses, no exceptions. Training training training
4. Every organisation lives or dies by the quality of what it does , continuously improving the qualities of people and products improves everything. Giving staff the ability to make improvements, energises and sets a ball rolling which is unstoppable.
6. I recommend everyone to read about W. Edwards Deming. And then implement as much of his philosophy as possible as quickly as possible...
In today's highly competitive business landscape, building customer loyalty is crucial for long-term success and growth. Organizations are constantly striving to attract and retain customers who will not only make repeat purchases but also become brand advocates. One approach that has proven to be effective in fostering customer loyalty is the Deming Customer Model, named after the renowned quality management guru, Dr. W. Edwards Deming. This model emphasizes the importance of understanding and meeting customer needs and expectations, thereby creating a strong foundation for lasting customer relationships.

At the core of the Deming Customer Model is the principle of continuous improvement.

According to Deming, businesses should strive to exceed customer expectations by constantly analysing and refining their processes. This requires a deep understanding of customer needs, which can be achieved through effective communication and feedback mechanisms. By actively seeking feedback and listening to customer concerns, organizations can identify areas for improvement and make the necessary changes to enhance customer satisfaction.

One of the key elements of the Deming Customer Model is the concept of customer value.

Deming believed that businesses should focus on delivering value to customers, rather than solely focusing on sales and profit margins. By providing products or services that meet or exceed customer expectations, organizations can build trust and loyalty. This involves understanding the specific needs and preferences of different customer segments and tailoring offerings to address those needs effectively.

Another critical aspect of the Deming Customer Model is the emphasis on building long-term relationships with customers (customer loyalty).

Deming recognized that customer loyalty is not built overnight but requires consistent effort and dedication. To achieve this, organizations must go beyond transactional relationships and focus on creating emotional connections with customers. This can be achieved through personalized interactions, exceptional customer service, and proactive problem-solving. When customers feel valued and supported, they are more likely to remain loyal and recommend the brand to others.

Lets not get negative, lets make suggestions that are positive ways that the club can become what we would like it to be and if necessary help to make them happen.

We’ve done that. The information was collated by the Trust and passed to the club. Hopefully the new regime have got hold of it and we can finally start to make some better progress.

Fans will always be willing to help. Continuing to identify issues on an ongoing basis with how these can be addressed is part of that. It’s worked this weekend in regards to getting people into the Ratcliffe.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Scores on 22:11 - Aug 18 with 3420 viewsTalkingSutty

Scores on 21:52 - Aug 18 by D_Alien

Keep both eyes open for what you've seen becoming a thing of the past

Whilst complimentary tickets aren't (in themselves) a bad thing, they need to be used wisely and without favour. Granted to the right people, they can lead to increased interest, gates and revenue

On a separate note, it was really great to see a late middle-aged asian couple sat in the family section of the Pearl St. The female was dressed in a traditional outfit. I don't know if they were there due to a family connection with something happening at the game, but i hope everyone around them made them feel welcome

Couldn't agree more, everybody should be welcomed with open arms.
Scores on 22:21 - Aug 18 with 3364 viewsjudd

Scores on 22:11 - Aug 18 by TalkingSutty

Couldn't agree more, everybody should be welcomed with open arms.

Club posted on Facebook about a group from a local mosque. Very encouraging.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Scores on 22:24 - Aug 18 with 3344 viewsTalkingSutty

Scores on 21:38 - Aug 18 by 49thseason

So...

I'm willing to open myself up to a emotional connection but it takes two to tango and most within the club seem reluctant to engage. I've tried personal interactions and my efforts weren't fully appreciated. As a customer I don't feel valued but in five years time i'm hoping things will have improved..that's if i'm still alive.
Your post makes perfect sense by the way, the club should employ you.
Scores on 22:29 - Aug 18 with 3299 viewsTVOS1907

Scores on 22:24 - Aug 18 by TalkingSutty

I'm willing to open myself up to a emotional connection but it takes two to tango and most within the club seem reluctant to engage. I've tried personal interactions and my efforts weren't fully appreciated. As a customer I don't feel valued but in five years time i'm hoping things will have improved..that's if i'm still alive.
Your post makes perfect sense by the way, the club should employ you.

"that's if i'm still alive."

You'll still be Talking, Sutty, even if you aren't!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Scores on 22:44 - Aug 18 with 3234 viewsTalkingSutty

Scores on 22:29 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

"that's if i'm still alive."

You'll still be Talking, Sutty, even if you aren't!

Somebodies got to liven this forum up a bit.
Scores on 07:11 - Aug 19 with 2821 viewskel

Scores on 21:39 - Aug 18 by TalkingSutty

100% with you on this. I’d name names but it would probably result in a ban from here. There’s a certain father and son duo who constantly leach off the club but put nothing back - never seen them put themselves forward for anything when the club was on its knees.

They know who they are.
[Post edited 19 Aug 7:12]
Scores on 09:46 - Aug 19 with 2563 viewsisitme

A few issues from Saturday:

1. There were only two turnstyles open at the club shop end of the Pearl Street and the process of getting into the ground was really slow as many people had trouble scanning their ticket from their phone. I would have thought that one of the stewards/someone could have had a hand held scanner to assist those who were struggling which would have allieviated the problem. If crowds increase, especially with with first time/infrequent supporters this issue could get worse and/or put people off attending.

2. The chairs in the Pearl Street were filthy. Again, not very appealing to new supporters, or even existing ones. My seat was also broken.

3. There were no reserved stickers on season ticket holders seats. This caused a bit of an issue when a group of supporters were sat in a block of reserved seats and their solution was to move to the row in front, which were also seats of season ticket holders! Thankfully they did see sense and moved, but this issue could have been avoided.

To give George Delves credit I emailed him this morning about the stickers and broken seat and within five minutes he had replied and copied in two other people to my original email saying that the staidum staff will look at prior to Saturday.

A few small things that should not cost a lot of money can just help to improve the match day experience.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024