Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Twisted Mule Brewery and Taphouse - Spotland Bridge Mill 15:44 - Aug 16 with 3209 viewsDale_4_Life

If any Dale fan is interested and likes real ale the NEW Twisted Mule Brewery and Taphouse is now open at Spotland Bridge..

There is also a cafe called Mill About and a Gin bar plus the new brewery tap.

Its going to be open from midday tomorrow and only a short walk up Wilbutts Lane to Spotland.

its an option that a few might want to explore especially the walkers from Town who will pass right by the entrance gates.

Its an option for pre-match for those who like this type of establishment.
Twisted Mule Brewery and Taphouse - Spotland Bridge Mill on 17:20 - Aug 28 with 2520 viewsDale_4_Life

Early indication is this place could become quite popular.

Plenty of pre-match drinkers taking advantage of a very decent choice of real ales for both pre match home games so far.

Open this Saturday again from Midday for the Woking Game.

Only 5 minutes stroll to the Crown Oil Arena all be it uphill.

Twisted Mule Brewery and Taphouse - Spotland Bridge Mill on 19:04 - Aug 28 with 2339 viewsNorthernDale

It is a good drinking establishment and hopefully it will go from strength to strength, it is what we have needed near the football ground.
Twisted Mule Brewery and Taphouse - Spotland Bridge Mill on 06:56 - Aug 29 with 2081 viewsTalkingSutty

Twisted Mule Brewery and Taphouse - Spotland Bridge Mill on 19:04 - Aug 28 by NorthernDale

It is a good drinking establishment and hopefully it will go from strength to strength, it is what we have needed near the football ground.

Ideally the fans will see the Ratcliffe and Dale Bar as their watering hole of choice. The profits then go back into our club. It seems as though the pre-match screening of live games are partly resolved, personally that's more important to me than the price of the beer (within reason). The beer isn't bad, not good but not bad. Thanks for the info on this new venture though, it's one to bear in mind.
Twisted Mule Brewery and Taphouse - Spotland Bridge Mill on 09:43 - Aug 29 with 1906 viewsDaleaholic

Bit of a double edged sword this one, as TS mentions.

Drinking in the Ratcliffe means your money is going to the club. Which is what we all want... But the beer on offer isn't the best. These new places at Spotland Bridge Mill are offering a massive variety of different beers, also something which a lot of people want.

The club needs to embrace these local businesses and try to work with them. Perhaps offer a 'guest ale' pump on the bar? Encourage fans to certain venues after the Ratcliffe shuts etc?

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Twisted Mule Brewery and Taphouse - Spotland Bridge Mill on 11:00 - Aug 29 with 1776 viewsTalkingSutty

Twisted Mule Brewery and Taphouse - Spotland Bridge Mill on 09:43 - Aug 29 by Daleaholic

Bit of a double edged sword this one, as TS mentions.

Drinking in the Ratcliffe means your money is going to the club. Which is what we all want... But the beer on offer isn't the best. These new places at Spotland Bridge Mill are offering a massive variety of different beers, also something which a lot of people want.

The club needs to embrace these local businesses and try to work with them. Perhaps offer a 'guest ale' pump on the bar? Encourage fans to certain venues after the Ratcliffe shuts etc?

If this new venture at Spotland Bridge are brewing their own beer maybe there could be a opportunity further down the line for the club to strike a commercial deal with them which would involve us selling their beer in our bars? I'm assuming we are tied into JW Lees at the moment though.
Twisted Mule Brewery and Taphouse - Spotland Bridge Mill on 13:09 - Aug 30 with 1290 viewsAndy_TOPO

Twisted Mule are owned by a local business man who already has venues in Rochdale and Norden. They aren't quite ready to start selling their own beer yet but it will be coming. Only reason I don't have a couple in the Ratcliffe is JW Lees beer really is the lower end of the market for me.
Twisted Mule Brewery and Taphouse - Spotland Bridge Mill on 13:27 - Aug 30 with 1240 viewsD_Alien

Twisted Mule Brewery and Taphouse - Spotland Bridge Mill on 13:09 - Aug 30 by Andy_TOPO

Twisted Mule are owned by a local business man who already has venues in Rochdale and Norden. They aren't quite ready to start selling their own beer yet but it will be coming. Only reason I don't have a couple in the Ratcliffe is JW Lees beer really is the lower end of the market for me.

"Lower end of the market"

In layman's terms, does that mean you'd have to price your ale to sell at a loss? Or something else?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Twisted Mule Brewery and Taphouse - Spotland Bridge Mill on 15:31 - Aug 30 with 1042 viewsDale_4_Life

Twisted Mule Brewery and Taphouse - Spotland Bridge Mill on 13:27 - Aug 30 by D_Alien

"Lower end of the market"

In layman's terms, does that mean you'd have to price your ale to sell at a loss? Or something else?

I think he means that what is currently offered at Spotland would not be his first or second choice.

Top quality Cask ale needs to be looked after properly and you need a certain amount of volume being pulled (ideally every day).

It is very difficult for Dale bars to do this such is the nature of the business and thats why Keg is the major offer.

I have enjoyed cask JW LEES in Dale Bar and the Radcliffe but I am sure there is only Keg beer under the WMG stand.

This place is an option for lets say the more committed CAMRA type Dale fan
[Post edited 30 Aug 15:35]
Login to get fewer ads

Twisted Mule Brewery and Taphouse - Spotland Bridge Mill on 16:13 - Aug 30 with 951 viewsAtThePeake

I don't know enough about beer to consider myself an ale snob but I really am not a fan of JW Lees' offerings. Would love to put money into the club but unfortunately with below-average beer, unpredictability around whether the early kick-offs will be shown and the fact the Ratcliffe/Dale Bar turns into a bit of a sweat box when busy on a hot day I'd rather spend my money elsewhere pre-match if possible.

That's not a dig at DaleBars btw who I know has been working as hard as anyone could to ensure the Ratcliffe provides the best experience possible for fans but there are just other places I'd rather spend an hour and a few quid before the game. Will be trying Twisted Mule at some point.

Tangled up in blue.

Twisted Mule Brewery and Taphouse - Spotland Bridge Mill on 16:40 - Aug 30 with 876 viewsNorthernDale

Twisted Mule Brewery and Taphouse - Spotland Bridge Mill on 13:09 - Aug 30 by Andy_TOPO

I think he means if you enjoy a pint of real ale or similar alternative beers the Ratcliffe is not really the place to visit, what I find strange is that JW Lees do some very good seasonal real ale beers, but they don't seem to be sold at the Ratcliffe. So before the Twisted Mule opened, the only alternative near the ground prior to the opening Twisted Mule Opening up was the Cemetery Hotel, especially since it was taken over by the Flying Horse owners.

May I ask is the Ratcliffe open in the evenings during the week or just on match days or weekends?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024