Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Jim's contract extension? 12:58 - Jul 26 with 5471 viewsIOMDale

Big Jim's contract extension? on 22:06 - Jul 26 with 1662 viewsKentish_Dale

It would be great to hear JM interviewed by a third party about actual and specific football matters and not conceptual abstractions.
Big Jim's contract extension? on 22:19 - Jul 26 with 1600 views442Dale

Big Jim's contract extension? on 22:06 - Jul 26 by Kentish_Dale

It would be great to hear JM interviewed by a third party about actual and specific football matters and not conceptual abstractions.

Simple questions are all thatโ€™s needed. Thereโ€™s so much going round the houses that donโ€™t get a defined answer that is understandable to supporters. For example:

- how will we set-up?
- what different formations do you feel we can play?
- which players can play in multiple positions and what are they?
- how effective can we be by mixing up our play?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Big Jim's contract extension? on 22:29 - Jul 26 with 1572 viewsD_Alien

Big Jim's contract extension? on 20:30 - Jul 26 by James1980

Perhaps this would have been better in January if we have positive first half of the season

If there was visible progress at that point, a two-year extension to his current deal would've made a lot of sense to everyone, and would've taken us to the three-year projection for re-entry to the football league

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Big Jim's contract extension? on 22:37 - Jul 26 with 1557 viewsKentish_Dale

Big Jim's contract extension? on 22:19 - Jul 26 by 442Dale

Simple questions are all thatโ€™s needed. Thereโ€™s so much going round the houses that donโ€™t get a defined answer that is understandable to supporters. For example:

- how will we set-up?
- what different formations do you feel we can play?
- which players can play in multiple positions and what are they?
- how effective can we be by mixing up our play?

Yes, absolutely, those answers.

Also though, just a hint more bravado. A little less of the social worker for the poor lambs. This IS gonna be a tough league to get out of if we don't stop imagining an away fixture at Borehanwood without counselling on the way is gonna give the squad PTSD.
Big Jim's contract extension? on 06:35 - Jul 27 with 1325 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Big Jim's contract extension? on 17:30 - Jul 26 by Brierls

I simply do not understand the mindset of people who have not renewed for this season. After everything the club has been through, particularly the financial struggles last season where there were questions of the club still being here, you have decided now is the time to withdraw your support?! I don't and never will understand that.

I'm also shocked by Jim's 3 year deal. I can only assume there are predefined break clauses that can be actioned if things are not going to plan. I think he did OK last season, no more, no less. The football was not good to watch, there was nowhere near enough attacking intent. On the odd occasion we did attack, we looked a force to be reckoned with in this league. But we insist of passing the ball to death. It's awful to watch week in week out. We've signed attacking players so lets hope that's an indication of how we're going to play.

TBH if this was announced 3 weeks ago I would have seriously considered whether or not to renew my season ticket. Frankly a 3 year deal beggars belief.
Iโ€™m wondering if the person who negotiated that deal isnโ€™t the same one who berated me for leaving on 80 mins at our last home game & not staying to applaud the team (who incidentally finished the season in their lowest position in living memory)โ€ฆ.
Big Jim's contract extension? on 07:20 - Jul 27 with 1294 viewsTalkingSutty

Big Jim's contract extension? on 17:30 - Jul 26 by Brierls

I simply do not understand the mindset of people who have not renewed for this season. After everything the club has been through, particularly the financial struggles last season where there were questions of the club still being here, you have decided now is the time to withdraw your support?! I don't and never will understand that.

I'm also shocked by Jim's 3 year deal. I can only assume there are predefined break clauses that can be actioned if things are not going to plan. I think he did OK last season, no more, no less. The football was not good to watch, there was nowhere near enough attacking intent. On the odd occasion we did attack, we looked a force to be reckoned with in this league. But we insist of passing the ball to death. It's awful to watch week in week out. We've signed attacking players so lets hope that's an indication of how we're going to play.

Spot on with that post, this will be the first season in a long time when we can actually go to the game and just concentrate on the football in the knowledge that the club is in safe ownership. It beggars belief that some 'fans' are now finding a way to withdraw their support at this particular junction in the clubs history.

The three year deal (it is bonkers) gives McNulty some security and the club a chance of stability but in reality it's all still dictated by results on the pitch. If the team bombs this season it affects the whole structure of the club and the ability to increase attendances. Self sustainability and attracting new sponsors etc then becomes impossible.

Decisions taken in the boardroom in respect of recent managers and contracts etc have all been questionable over the last few years, this isnt the first time that fans have been left scratching their heads. The Ogdens will be watching, the fans will no doubt voice their concerns in their direction ( the owners) and three year deals for failing managers then become fish and chip paper. We don't want failure though and my gut feeling is that we will see a more progressive style of play with better quality players. I'd take a finish anywhere in the top half of the league if we see a entertaining product. We then have something to build on for the following season.

At the end of the day football is all about results and winning matches, if you aren't winning and entertaining then the club can't progress. It's irrelevant how nice Jim is, he has to win games, the same as every other manager.

We also need winners inside the club, football people, do we have enough of those? I think Cameron Ogden would do well to consider that question very carefully and act accordingly if we don't. It was heartening though to listen to the Simon Gauge interview yesterday, i thought he spoke very well and seemed like he had been re-energised, which was good to see.
[Post edited 27 Jul 9:10]
Big Jim's contract extension? on 07:42 - Jul 27 with 1255 viewsJames1980

Big Jim's contract extension? on 22:29 - Jul 26 by D_Alien

If there was visible progress at that point, a two-year extension to his current deal would've made a lot of sense to everyone, and would've taken us to the three-year projection for re-entry to the football league

But would Jim be able to negotiate a higher wage in those circumstances?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Big Jim's contract extension? on 08:52 - Jul 27 with 1145 viewsseasidedale

To be fair to Jim in the first 2 friendliest I watched (didnโ€™t e Mac game) we havnt played the chuckle brother football we played last season, itโ€™s been wing play and getting forward quickly, using the wings, play that style we will do alright
Login to get fewer ads

Big Jim's contract extension? on 09:35 - Jul 27 with 1077 viewsD_Alien

Big Jim's contract extension? on 07:42 - Jul 27 by James1980

But would Jim be able to negotiate a higher wage in those circumstances?

He could try, but i'd fully expect our new board to politely explain the opportunity he's been granted and also that in life, the grass will not be greener elsewhere; or at least, not for long

JM is very fortunate to have his opportunity here. Whether we're fortunate to have him remains to be seen
[Post edited 27 Jul 9:38]

Big Jim's contract extension? on 12:39 - Jul 27 with 810 viewsJames1980

Big Jim's contract extension? on 09:35 - Jul 27 by D_Alien

He could try, but i'd fully expect our new board to politely explain the opportunity he's been granted and also that in life, the grass will not be greener elsewhere; or at least, not for long

JM is very fortunate to have his opportunity here. Whether we're fortunate to have him remains to be seen
[Post edited 27 Jul 9:38]

But the club has the better negotiating hand at the moment, whereas had he not signed the extension and come January we were in the top 7 having played scintillating football Jim would be in the better position.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Big Jim's contract extension? on 12:53 - Jul 27 with 776 viewsD_Alien

Big Jim's contract extension? on 12:39 - Jul 27 by James1980

But the club has the better negotiating hand at the moment, whereas had he not signed the extension and come January we were in the top 7 having played scintillating football Jim would be in the better position.

He will have had the salary structures for the footballing side explained to him, as part of his budget remit. He will understand better than most how attempts at breaking those structures can lead to difficulties within clubs

As stated, he's very fortunate to be given his chance, and that won't change in the space of another few months

Putting a gun to the club's head (i.e. pay me more of i'll look elsewhere) has no resonance within a town like Rochdale. The new board have saved the club - and his job. I very much doubt he'd have disrespected that within a short timeframe

It's all theoretical anyway. The reality is a season gone when JM should've got a better tune out of the squad he had, even within its limitations
[Post edited 27 Jul 12:54]

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024