Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New kit? 09:24 - Jul 23 with 9444 viewsDaleDamo

Hi all, does anyone have any idea of which kit won the design and when released?
New kit? on 16:27 - Jul 31 with 3809 viewsscarrow

New kit? on 13:18 - Jul 31 by ThreeLions

I'm sorry but that's bloody awful. Looks like a snide Adidas shirt with the two stripe thing going on. Where are our black and blue stripes. I don't wear them personally so won't affect me but the design will surely hinder sales.

Disagree entirely

Poll: Final position

New kit? on 16:57 - Jul 31 with 3717 views442Dale

New kit? on 16:16 - Jul 31 by blackdogblue

I know it’s sponsorship but the Red Crown Oil to me looks awful on it…

For me, would have been better as a training top as that is what I tend to spend money on buying 2/3 a year and O’Niels are a damn sight better quality than Errea & the Fila crap that fell apart at the sign of a dryer or an iron…

Would I buy one? Yes if they did a sponsor less one otherwise no…

What we don’t see is the % of votes for A/B/C/D etc or how many people were actually arsed to vote as no prize I don’t think…

The voting numbers were included after the first round of voting. The numbers should have been a concern for the club at the time as there’s no way that many Dale fans voted. Next time votes should be cast by email or in the shop only.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New kit? on 18:20 - Jul 31 with 3584 viewsEllDale

I wondered that at time as well. Anyone could have voted.
I’m too old to buy one anyway but I certainly didn’t vote for any of the four final choices.
New kit? on 19:00 - Jul 31 with 3530 viewsblackdogblue

New kit? on 16:57 - Jul 31 by 442Dale

The voting numbers were included after the first round of voting. The numbers should have been a concern for the club at the time as there’s no way that many Dale fans voted. Next time votes should be cast by email or in the shop only.

How would that work 442?

Exiles I understand mate but would need someone to verify if genuine..

Club shop is not a Man U megastore so why would people just drop in to cast a vote & on reduced opening hours…

I have a suggestion though & fear the wrath of Judd 😰

Dale Trust members only??

Maybe a free shirt picked from Members votes?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

New kit? on 19:32 - Jul 31 with 3424 views442Dale

New kit? on 19:00 - Jul 31 by blackdogblue

How would that work 442?

Exiles I understand mate but would need someone to verify if genuine..

Club shop is not a Man U megastore so why would people just drop in to cast a vote & on reduced opening hours…

I have a suggestion though & fear the wrath of Judd 😰

Dale Trust members only??

Maybe a free shirt picked from Members votes?

The club already have a mailing list which they can send out a ‘ballot paper from. People can reply via that.

They’ve done the shop vote successfully before.

New kit? on 20:56 - Jul 31 with 3267 viewsTrev

Not buying the sabotage theory, I just think people have rubbish taste. Maybe if we didn't include such poor options in the first place we'd get a better shirt at the end of it.
New kit? on 21:24 - Jul 31 with 3200 views442Dale

New kit? on 20:56 - Jul 31 by Trev

Not buying the sabotage theory, I just think people have rubbish taste. Maybe if we didn't include such poor options in the first place we'd get a better shirt at the end of it.

There were 16 shirts that covered enough different interpretations on the club’s colours to offer fans a good choice.

Don’t think the vote was sabotaged, but the initial polls saw voting numbers that won’t have just been Dale fans. Something that’s easy to manage.

The winning shirt appears to be quite popular looking at Twitter, so while we might not all like it, the important thing is it sells well. A positive reaction is a good start.

New kit? on 22:01 - Jul 31 with 3115 viewswatford_dale

If cr*p home shirts were an art form, this is their mona lisa!
Login to get fewer ads

New kit? on 23:03 - Jul 31 with 3026 viewsTVOS1907

New kit? on 13:55 - Jul 31 by Cedar_Room

the quality looks decent but I just don't get why this design was chosen by the majority.
I liked the idea of us wearing blue and black stripes as a nod to integrating the centenary kit (which was a beauty) and our traditional blue colours. I felt like it was a way to give the club a unique identity, when there are countless other clubs who wear a similar blue/white like we used to.
However, since the blue/black was brought in we've had 9 seasons of stripes, 3 of black pinstripes and 4 (now 5) with predominantly blue with black/white elements.
I don't feel like we are sticking enough to a visual identity.
Most other clubs who wear stripes will every so often mix it up with a variation of the stripe, but for us it seems we have abandon the conventional stripes just as often as we've kept them.
I'm not blaming O'Neills here as they've gone off the public vote - I just don't get what's motivating other fans to keep switching it up like this.

There's been a misconception that our shirts are supposed to be blue and black stripes; that was never the case and wasn't what the club decided in 2008.

The 1907/08 and 2007/08 black and white stripes bookended 100 years of us mainly playing in blue and white. The theory moving forward was to combine the main colours of our 100 years - blue, white and black - into a new, unique visual identity moving forward.

There are so many possibilities utilising these colours and in the 16 shirts they offered for this season, I think O'Neills offered a good and more importantly, varied selection.

So, I don't think fans are switching it up like you suggest; the majority simply recognise that we want to play in blue, black and white, and are happy to go for designs that mean we are wearing something different and unique. Deviating away from stripes for this season achieves that.

But, as with all beauty contests, it's a very subjective science.

I often think of Bradford and Scunthorpe at times like this. Bradford, in particular, have a unique colour scheme; Scunthorpe have worn claret and light blue for most of their history, yet both clubs keep coming up with new ways to work their colours every season. In my opinion, we should do the same.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bradford_City/Bradford_City.htm

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scunthorpe_United/Scunthorpe_United.htm

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New kit? on 23:47 - Jul 31 with 2970 views_Windydale

I think its pretty original and has the Dale colours, I like the stripes and it'll go with my Adidas Hamburg trainees I were on match days. Ordered mine anyway and its a bit more help to the club, not had one for a few years. Hopefully it'll come soon.
New kit? on 11:36 - Aug 2 with 2433 viewsCedar_Room

New kit? on 23:03 - Jul 31 by TVOS1907

There's been a misconception that our shirts are supposed to be blue and black stripes; that was never the case and wasn't what the club decided in 2008.

The 1907/08 and 2007/08 black and white stripes bookended 100 years of us mainly playing in blue and white. The theory moving forward was to combine the main colours of our 100 years - blue, white and black - into a new, unique visual identity moving forward.

There are so many possibilities utilising these colours and in the 16 shirts they offered for this season, I think O'Neills offered a good and more importantly, varied selection.

So, I don't think fans are switching it up like you suggest; the majority simply recognise that we want to play in blue, black and white, and are happy to go for designs that mean we are wearing something different and unique. Deviating away from stripes for this season achieves that.

But, as with all beauty contests, it's a very subjective science.

I often think of Bradford and Scunthorpe at times like this. Bradford, in particular, have a unique colour scheme; Scunthorpe have worn claret and light blue for most of their history, yet both clubs keep coming up with new ways to work their colours every season. In my opinion, we should do the same.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bradford_City/Bradford_City.htm

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scunthorpe_United/Scunthorpe_United.htm

do you have the announcement from 2008 saying our new visual identity will be blue, black and white but NOT that that means blue and black stripes?
New kit? on 12:52 - Aug 2 with 2323 viewsTVOS1907

New kit? on 11:36 - Aug 2 by Cedar_Room

do you have the announcement from 2008 saying our new visual identity will be blue, black and white but NOT that that means blue and black stripes?

I will try to find it; I might have put it in a programme or it could have been stated elsewhere, perhaps even at a Fans' Forum.

Edit: I can't seem to find it, but the link below from the 2016/17 kit competition mentions "Designs for the home kit should include a blue, black and white colour scheme".

https://rochdaleafc.co.uk/2016-17-kit-design-competition-2/
[Post edited 2 Aug 13:28]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New kit? on 21:08 - Aug 23 with 1673 viewssxdale

Going off twitter it would seem that the away kit, (possibly 3rd kit as well?) will be released at 10:00 tomorrow. Hopefully it will be better than the home effort which for me at least is somewhat underwhelming.
New kit? on 23:38 - Aug 23 with 1465 views_Windydale

New kit? on 21:08 - Aug 23 by sxdale

Going off twitter it would seem that the away kit, (possibly 3rd kit as well?) will be released at 10:00 tomorrow. Hopefully it will be better than the home effort which for me at least is somewhat underwhelming.

I think the first team kit is great I hope the others are decent too. My issue is there a bit snug round torso even on a size bigger. Might have to lay off the crisps for abit.
New kit? on 10:18 - Aug 24 with 1175 viewssxdale

Bournemouth from a couple of seasons ago!
New kit? on 10:34 - Aug 24 with 1106 viewsHampshire_Dale

Bournemouth, exactly what I thought! Not sure, more I look at it it’s growing but slowly.. It’s the red, not sure about the red. Suppose we’ve had red 3rd kits before over the last 30 years. Fingers crossed for today, will sneak my Dale player on whilst working.
New kit? on 11:42 - Aug 24 with 895 viewsTrev

Imagine if we had a blue and black striped shirt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024