Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Dobson 18:31 - Jul 12 with 905 viewsbwildered

Yep, not footie ….

Another Colcestrian in the Olympics, sprinter in the GB squad . Best wishes to him .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Charlie Dobson on 19:06 - Jul 12 with 887 viewswessex_exile

Indeed, a huge talent - and I went to school with his Dad.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Charlie Dobson on 08:55 - Aug 5 with 640 viewswessex_exile

Charlie Dobson on 19:06 - Jul 12 by wessex_exile

Breezed through his 400m heat in first place last night.

Up the U's

Charlie Dobson on 10:53 - Aug 5 with 604 viewsTheOldOakTree

Charlie Dobson on 19:06 - Jul 12 by wessex_exile

If you are referring to Mr Dobson Senior that was in our form all those years ago, then I believe I’m correct in saying that he and I shared the honour of being the first in our year to get detention. Ironically (for me), it was for not doing our French homework.

Whilst the experience had the desired effect on him, I conversely, managed to hone my skills as a reprobate and by the fifth year amassed more detentions that anyone else in the year (probably my only achievement of any significance, or at least the one I’m most proud off). The punishments were mostly for not doing any work or for being caught smoking, but the best one was for getting caught with two others, having a swift half in the Red Lion at lunchtime, when we were 15.

I think I’m correct in saying that the 400m semis are Tuesday at about 19:30 and hopefully Mr Dobson Jr will then be in the final on Wednesday at 21:20 (not sure if these are UK or French times).
[Post edited 5 Aug 11:01]
Charlie Dobson on 11:54 - Aug 5 with 575 viewsTheOldOakTree

On the subject of the Olympics, and acknowledging that race riots should not be a source of humour for any decent person, I would just say that if they gave medals for civil disorder, GB wouldn’t get a look in. Smashing a window and setting fire to a wheelie bin is hardly going to get you on the podium is it! It’s a typical half-arsed British effort.
Charlie Dobson on 19:13 - Aug 6 with 470 viewsTheOldOakTree

Missed out on a place in the final by less than 0.1s.

44.48 a bit off of his personal best of 44.23

Presumably he will feature in the 4x400 relay that I think starts on Friday. Realistic chance of a medal there.
Charlie Dobson on 10:46 - Aug 8 with 413 viewsbwildered

Hard shift on the world stage. A great experience though. Let’s hope he features in the relays.

Charlie Dobson on 20:11 - Aug 10 with 356 viewsTheOldOakTree

Charlie Dobson on 10:46 - Aug 8 by bwildered

Hard shift on the world stage. A great experience though. Let’s hope he features in the relays.

4x400 Bronze
Charlie Dobson on 20:14 - Aug 10 with 349 viewsbwildered

Gets a bronze for GB in the relay.
Sees the team home in the final leg, left too much to do however to get in the top two.

Congrats to him, returning home with a medal.🥉

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Dobson on 20:32 - Aug 10 with 334 viewswessex_exile

Charlie Dobson on 20:14 - Aug 10 by bwildered

Gets a bronze for GB in the relay.
Sees the team home in the final leg, left too much to do however to get in the top two.

Congrats to him, returning home with a medal.🥉

Great stuff - well done Charlie and the rest of the 4x400m relay team. We may be 6th in the medal tables, but we've currently won more medals than Australia, Japan and France in 3rd, 4th and 5th place.

Up the U's

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024