Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McNulty interview 19:31 - Jul 1 with 3615 views442Dale

Part 1 of 3:

https://rochdaleafc.co.uk/mcnulty-ahead-of-pre-season/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

McNulty interview on 23:53 - Jul 1 with 3320 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sounds a little stressed even as training begins.....hope he was watching Slovenia tonight, now that's entertainment and these Emerging Football Nations are showing how it can/should be done, it's enough to get Ronaldo crying.
McNulty interview on 03:32 - Jul 2 with 3265 viewsnordenblue

McNulty interview on 23:53 - Jul 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

Sounds a little stressed even as training begins.....hope he was watching Slovenia tonight, now that's entertainment and these Emerging Football Nations are showing how it can/should be done, it's enough to get Ronaldo crying.

Is your idea of "entertainment" not scoring in over 2 hours of football YD?
McNulty interview on 11:11 - Jul 2 with 2918 viewsYorkshire_Dale

McNulty interview on 03:32 - Jul 2 by nordenblue

Is your idea of "entertainment" not scoring in over 2 hours of football YD?

Goals help indeed, but you have to say the game did not lack drama and was far from boring?
McNulty interview on 14:17 - Jul 2 with 2650 viewsdavidab2202

McNulty interview on 23:53 - Jul 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

I'm sure that he will be aware that his position will be subject too a little more scrutiny than was the case last season when there were certainly bigger issues to contend with and as long as we didn't have another relegation battle, his job was reasonably safe.
Expectations I feel will be higher this season and will be interesting to see how that pans out
McNulty interview on 16:14 - Jul 2 with 2429 viewsnordenblue

McNulty interview on 11:11 - Jul 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

Goals help indeed, but you have to say the game did not lack drama and was far from boring?

The "drama" in the game was purely down to penalties nothing to do with how a certain team set up to play, if you call watching Ronaldo belting 2000 free kick 4 miles over the bar as "drama" I'd probably agree with you YD
McNulty interview on 17:47 - Jul 2 with 2259 viewsDale_4_Life

Back to McNulty...

I thought he came across relieved, re-energized and happy to be in a ship that's been transformed and in much calmer waters.

Its a huge season for McNulty and I am right behind him. He has a calm persona and he certainly loves the Dale. If he can deliver a Plan B when things are not going right and he keeps all the squad happy and running through walls that will do me as that should be enough for a much better season on the pitch.

Lets start well.. first 10 Games how about 6xwins 2xdrawn that leaves room for 2 defeats and would see Dale sitting in the top 3.

Roll on August 10th.
[Post edited 2 Jul 17:48]
McNulty interview on 18:32 - Jul 2 with 2156 viewssxdale

Having just listened to part 2 of Jim's interview it would appear that John has gone. Not right bothered one way or other. Think we are still a few players light especially in defence now. Is there any news on the scholars who have been offered contracts have they accepted?
McNulty interview on 18:44 - Jul 2 with 2106 viewsYorkshire_Dale

McNulty interview on 16:14 - Jul 2 by nordenblue

The "drama" in the game was purely down to penalties nothing to do with how a certain team set up to play, if you call watching Ronaldo belting 2000 free kick 4 miles over the bar as "drama" I'd probably agree with you YD

He only had 4 freekicks, but he was frustrated at the crosses into the box and his inability to do anything positive. Portugal are no mugs but Slovenia were on it all night and didn't deserve the finale as Costa trumped his opposite number Oblak who excelled in the 120 mins up to the shootout.

If we see games like this at San Spotty this season that will do.
Login to get fewer ads

McNulty interview on 19:37 - Jul 2 with 1966 viewsnordenblue

McNulty interview on 18:44 - Jul 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

He only had 4 freekicks, but he was frustrated at the crosses into the box and his inability to do anything positive. Portugal are no mugs but Slovenia were on it all night and didn't deserve the finale as Costa trumped his opposite number Oblak who excelled in the 120 mins up to the shootout.

If we see games like this at San Spotty this season that will do.

He's scored 1 in about 60 direct free kicks and it's hilarious how deluded he is regarding taking set pieces, id bet a decent amount that if I took 60 direct shots I'd inevitably score 1 of them.

Not sure what the high praise is for Slovenia they played exactly how they did against England with two banks of 4 and press very well, regarding them being "entertaining" I couldn't disagree any more, they're just very busy and make the most of their limited team, granted to fairly decent result.

I could actually see Slovenia winning the pens such was the form of Oblak all match, he's always been a top top keeper
McNulty interview on 19:42 - Jul 2 with 1952 viewsEllDale

McNulty interview on 18:32 - Jul 2 by sxdale

Having just listened to part 2 of Jim's interview it would appear that John has gone. Not right bothered one way or other. Think we are still a few players light especially in defence now. Is there any news on the scholars who have been offered contracts have they accepted?

Looking at the squad now I’d say we need two more defenders, a like for like replacement for Adam Clayton and a goalkeeper.
Not sure if BJ will be dabbling in the loan market or not because that sort of player doesn’t normally become available until the end of July/early August.
McNulty interview on 19:54 - Jul 2 with 1925 viewsNorthernDale

McNulty interview on 19:42 - Jul 2 by EllDale

Looking at the squad now I’d say we need two more defenders, a like for like replacement for Adam Clayton and a goalkeeper.
Not sure if BJ will be dabbling in the loan market or not because that sort of player doesn’t normally become available until the end of July/early August.

I would agree
1 GK, 2 CH, 1 LB (with Armstrong as cover), 1 midfield player and 1 striker, I would also love to have Hates back on loan.

Rumour on Stockport forum, is that we may be taking a 20 year CH Ethan Mann) on loan and a rumour on the Biffo's forum is that Jez may be joining them.
McNulty interview on 21:03 - Jul 2 with 1797 viewsTVOS1907

McNulty interview on 19:42 - Jul 2 by EllDale

Tbf, McNulty says in today's interview that Brad Kelly will be "pushing the goalkeeping unit once that's formed", so he's definitely aware that area needs strengthening.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

McNulty interview on 08:08 - Jul 4 with 1076 viewsNewbury_Dale

As pre season starts, 14 professionals currently signed for this season, plus however many of the three scholars have accepted. 5 defenders in the squad, which includes Kyle Ferguson who struggled to stay fit all of last season. A 39yo Ian Henderson also. I'd say we are at least six players short currency, especially with the new guidance around permitted number of subs. Preparation looks poor again.
McNulty interview on 09:24 - Jul 4 with 951 viewsNorthernDale

Hopefully we will sign some players this week and next week, there are a lot of players looking for clubs, hopefully McNulty is concentrating on getting in some good players. Are we still using the company to identify targets?
McNulty interview on 09:52 - Jul 4 with 916 viewsDuckegg

Should be a bit more to work with now that the so called big earners have gone and also with an inceased budget...

The GK situation is a bit of a worry with only Brad to call upon.

Is Moulden a possibility!
McNulty interview on 11:03 - Jul 4 with 786 viewskel

McNulty interview on 09:24 - Jul 4 by NorthernDale

Hopefully we will sign some players this week and next week, there are a lot of players looking for clubs, hopefully McNulty is concentrating on getting in some good players. Are we still using the company to identify targets?

Well I’d be a bit worried if he was looking to bring in bad players.
McNulty interview on 12:52 - Jul 4 with 641 viewsNorthernDale

Over the four decades of watching the Dale, I have seen some so called good players, turn out to resemble the animals found on Blackpool beach in the summer.

I would like to see Moulden at the Dale, but there is talk of Bolton and Man Utd being being interested in him, but we can only hope.
McNulty interview on 14:09 - Jul 4 with 511 viewsD_Alien

McNulty interview on 12:52 - Jul 4 by NorthernDale

Over the four decades of watching the Dale, I have seen some so called good players, turn out to resemble the animals found on Blackpool beach in the summer.

I would like to see Moulden at the Dale, but there is talk of Bolton and Man Utd being being interested in him, but we can only hope.

"I have seen some so called good players, turn out to resemble the animals found on Blackpool beach in the summer."

Tbf, our Scottish players have usually been decent

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024