Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southend 08:32 - Jun 25 with 2523 viewssurb_dale

Troubles continue at Southend. I'm guessing they dont have the cash to stump up a million quid at short notice so interesting to see what sanctions the league impose...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c5111z7gykwo#:~:text=Southend%20to

Southend on 09:31 - Jun 25 with 2424 viewsDale_4_Life

After what we have been through I feel for the supporters.

To many shysters trying to make money by owning heritage community clubs lets hope the latest arrival isn't in that mold for Southends sake.
Southend on 11:40 - Jun 25 with 2224 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I seem to remember quite a bit of support from Southend when we were in a very dark place....I hope they come through all this.
Southend on 12:10 - Jun 25 with 2168 viewskel

Southend on 11:40 - Jun 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

I seem to remember quite a bit of support from Southend when we were in a very dark place....I hope they come through all this.

Not on Twitter they weren’t. A large number of them were demanding we had points deducted like they had at the start of the season. They didn’t realise it was a totally different situation.
Southend on 16:34 - Jun 25 with 1843 viewsblackdogblue

So… the League are concerned there is not enough money in the club & days before it could go under…

However, they are insisting they deposit £1 million fookin quid in an Escrow account…

That’s some go fund me ask….

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Southend on 17:19 - Jun 25 with 1746 viewsNorthernDale

I don't like any club going to the wall, because it is the fans that suffer, yes one or two may have called us to have a points deduction. I can why, we did not go into admiration or any like that.

But the vast majority of Southend fans are like the vast majority of Dale fans, who care about the club and would find it devastating if it went to the wall. It may be a bumpy ride, like the one we experience last season, but hopefully the fans will have a club to support.
Southend on 09:03 - Jun 26 with 1334 viewsscooby

they were due in court today for unpaid legal fees, they settled out of court yesterday so a reprieve from any winding up orders
Southend on 10:34 - Jun 26 with 1232 viewsturnthescrew

Southend on 09:03 - Jun 26 by scooby

they were due in court today for unpaid legal fees, they settled out of court yesterday so a reprieve from any winding up orders

Just the sum of £1 million to find now for the bond required by the league. There has to come a point where the NL say enough is enough and remove them from the league. Of course it's the supporters who suffer, as ever, but I understand the dilemma the NL face. They have many other members to protect and they can't keep hanging on indefinitely waiting for people to fulfil promises.

Unless there's a massive upsurge in effort and activity from Southend, they're facing expulsion. Sad, but it's becoming the most likely outcome.
Southend on 11:40 - Jun 26 with 1130 viewssxdale

Southend on 09:03 - Jun 26 by scooby

Of course this was settled out of court at the last minute this is Ron Martin's playbook. He likes to play his mental games does Rom. The irony is that this wup was brought against the club by Martin's own legal team, he's not even paying his own people now.
I feel for the Southend fans, Martin is basically torturing them. I thought he had sold the club to the Australian consortium (who have put over £1m into the club) but it appears he still has them by the balls.
I no longer live in Essex so don't know the in's and out's of this situation but I believe Martin is trying to use this to pressure the Southend Council into subsidising some housing development.
Whichever way you look at it Southend will Always be in peril until Martin is finally gone. At least Bottomly was reasonably incompetent at screwing us over, Ron Martin is an expert.
Login to get fewer ads

Southend on 14:29 - Jun 26 with 935 viewswatford_dale

Southend on 11:40 - Jun 26 by sxdale

Of course this was settled out of court at the last minute this is Ron Martin's playbook. He likes to play his mental games does Rom. The irony is that this wup was brought against the club by Martin's own legal team, he's not even paying his own people now.
I feel for the Southend fans, Martin is basically torturing them. I thought he had sold the club to the Australian consortium (who have put over £1m into the club) but it appears he still has them by the balls.
I no longer live in Essex so don't know the in's and out's of this situation but I believe Martin is trying to use this to pressure the Southend Council into subsidising some housing development.
Whichever way you look at it Southend will Always be in peril until Martin is finally gone. At least Bottomly was reasonably incompetent at screwing us over, Ron Martin is an expert.

Southend fans better strap in for the long haul, the Council has notched up £355m of debt in the past 10 years and voted through £14m worth of budget cuts for 2024/25 in Jan this year.

Given the location, the houses will sell like hot cakes and subsidy should not be required but in this financial climate, levering a football club's future will not result into the Council subsidising money they do not have.

Whilst Adult and Childrens social care remains under the local authority purview, no Council is doing anything.
Southend on 17:06 - Jun 26 with 769 viewssxdale

Southend on 14:29 - Jun 26 by watford_dale

Southend fans better strap in for the long haul, the Council has notched up £355m of debt in the past 10 years and voted through £14m worth of budget cuts for 2024/25 in Jan this year.

Given the location, the houses will sell like hot cakes and subsidy should not be required but in this financial climate, levering a football club's future will not result into the Council subsidising money they do not have.

Whilst Adult and Childrens social care remains under the local authority purview, no Council is doing anything.

Oh I totally agree but this is just Ron Martin being a **** ...........again
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024