Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eng v Den 18:40 - Jun 20 with 5389 viewsRodingdale

A beautiful illustration of how walking football, even with talented players, is dull to watch and how it stifles what talent you have. Probably the worst performance so far in the entire tournament with arguably the most talented group.
Eng v Den on 22:21 - Jun 25 with 1730 viewsD_Alien

Eng v Den on 22:06 - Jun 25 by robshaker

look on bright side only been 3 shit games in a great tournament so far.

Trouble is, we've been watching that type of negative shite all year

The injection of direct passing in the last five minutes showed what could have been

On another note: great to see someone with such a huge chip on their shoulder they can't resist coming on here to let us know how much they're still weighed down by it... and i don't mean you, rs!
[Post edited 25 Jun 22:26]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Eng v Den on 22:47 - Jun 25 with 1653 viewspioneer

England win the group of dead.

Means we have to watch more of this crap. At least Scotland fans were put out of their misery.
Eng v Den on 07:27 - Jun 26 with 1470 viewswheniwasyourage

My grandad had a saying.. 'men against boys'

I remembered this when I last watched England, the Euro final against Italy at Wembley. Felt we were the boys led by a youth team couch going up against men.

Not watched any England match since (because its shite), so cannot comment. However, from comments here, nothing seems to have changed.

That said they are through to the last 16 -anything can happen, including Slovenia winning outright. I do fancy an outsider this year.
[Post edited 26 Jun 7:43]
Eng v Den on 08:27 - Jun 26 with 1389 viewsRodingdale

The similarities with Dale continue for me in that the Manager seems completely unaware that the poor style of play impacts on the fans in their enjoyment of the spectacle. Post match interviews where Southgate plays the victim is just nonsensical. Football, is about winning not just doing enough to qualify. Pragmatism is fine when we’re playing Spain/Chesterfield but not really cutting it against Slovenia/Oxford City.
Eng v Den on 09:06 - Jun 26 with 1318 viewsDale_4_Life

Eng v Den on 08:27 - Jun 26 by Rodingdale

The similarities with Dale continue for me in that the Manager seems completely unaware that the poor style of play impacts on the fans in their enjoyment of the spectacle. Post match interviews where Southgate plays the victim is just nonsensical. Football, is about winning not just doing enough to qualify. Pragmatism is fine when we’re playing Spain/Chesterfield but not really cutting it against Slovenia/Oxford City.

Terrible AGAIN...

There is no excuse.

The Gallagher obsession has to end immediately. Possibly the Harry Kane one too.

Start with Mainoo / Palmer / Gordon

Play Foden and Jude Bellingham as an 8 and a 10 either side of a kicked up the arse Rice.

Movement and Pace lacking for 85 minutes last night the only impact second half came when the subs got introduced (Gordon at least 10 minutes to late).

Southgate is a busted flush on the evidence of the 3 group games.
Eng v Den on 07:57 - Jun 27 with 956 viewsDaleFan7

Eng v Den on 09:06 - Jun 26 by Dale_4_Life

Terrible AGAIN...

There is no excuse.

The Gallagher obsession has to end immediately. Possibly the Harry Kane one too.

Start with Mainoo / Palmer / Gordon

Play Foden and Jude Bellingham as an 8 and a 10 either side of a kicked up the arse Rice.

Movement and Pace lacking for 85 minutes last night the only impact second half came when the subs got introduced (Gordon at least 10 minutes to late).

Southgate is a busted flush on the evidence of the 3 group games.

Southgate has ridden the wave of getting to a final and a semi-final of a major tournament off the back of some of the easiest runs ever. Who are the good teams England beat en route to those?

World Cup 2022 beat Senegal and then lost to a decent team in France.

Euro 2020 we played potentially the worst German team ever, Ukraine and Denmark. Lost the tie when we played Italy, the first decent team we came across.

World Cup 2018 beat Colombia on penalties, beat Sweden and then lost to the first decent team we played in Croatia.

We beat Spain in a Nations League game once, its the only decent team I can remember beating under Southgate. In the last Nations League campaign we were relegated having lost to Hungary twice who couldn't get out of their Euros group.

We've landed in by far the easiest side of the draw again this Euros dodging Spain, Germany, Portugal, France and Belgium. There's no excuse for not getting to the final of this now with the players at his disposal.
Eng v Den on 09:28 - Jun 27 with 851 viewspioneer

Eng v Den on 07:57 - Jun 27 by DaleFan7

Southgate has ridden the wave of getting to a final and a semi-final of a major tournament off the back of some of the easiest runs ever. Who are the good teams England beat en route to those?

World Cup 2022 beat Senegal and then lost to a decent team in France.

Euro 2020 we played potentially the worst German team ever, Ukraine and Denmark. Lost the tie when we played Italy, the first decent team we came across.

World Cup 2018 beat Colombia on penalties, beat Sweden and then lost to the first decent team we played in Croatia.

We beat Spain in a Nations League game once, its the only decent team I can remember beating under Southgate. In the last Nations League campaign we were relegated having lost to Hungary twice who couldn't get out of their Euros group.

We've landed in by far the easiest side of the draw again this Euros dodging Spain, Germany, Portugal, France and Belgium. There's no excuse for not getting to the final of this now with the players at his disposal.

I think it was Spain in 1996 euros that we last beat a top 10 team in euros or WC, and that was on penalties.
Eng v Den on 11:56 - Jun 27 with 702 viewsWhitworthDale

Eng v Den on 09:28 - Jun 27 by pioneer

I think it was Spain in 1996 euros that we last beat a top 10 team in euros or WC, and that was on penalties.

We beat Germany at the last Euros outright - would they not have been top ten? Appreciate they were going through a transition phase, so perhaps not!
Login to get fewer ads

Eng v Den on 14:41 - Jun 27 with 586 viewsCedar_Room

Eng v Den on 11:56 - Jun 27 by WhitworthDale

We beat Germany at the last Euros outright - would they not have been top ten? Appreciate they were going through a transition phase, so perhaps not!

Germany were 12th in the rankings in May 2021.
England were 4th.
(Italy were 7th)

I think the overall stats with Southgate vs top 10 teams is we have played something like 22 games and won 4.

For me he should have gone after that Italy defeat in the Euros final, but certainly after the Qatar World Cup.

Three tournaments, three attempts at winning a trophy, zero success. And yes, relative to other England managers he has done well - but that says more about previous failures. The aim should be to win tournaments especially with the group of players we currently have but I can't see that happening this time either.
Eng v Den on 14:50 - Jun 27 with 569 viewsTrev

Southgate must surely lay claim to being the luckiest England manager of all time. Another favourable route to a final awaits. Sadly, I fear, he's too much of a f*nny to do anything with it.
Eng v Den on 16:59 - Jun 27 with 468 viewsMorden

OK this is my take on it

England + Denmark 2024 = Italy + Uruguay WC 1970. Two turgid groups. England/Italy top the group with a 1-0 win and 2 draws

In the knockout stage, Italy turn it on. 4-1 v Mexico; then that 4-3 against West Germany

Unfortunately they then came up against the best WC Team ever in the final

Well it could happen, but we'll probably get sent home by Slovakia
Eng v Den on 20:43 - Jun 27 with 336 viewspioneer

Eng v Den on 16:59 - Jun 27 by Morden

OK this is my take on it

England + Denmark 2024 = Italy + Uruguay WC 1970. Two turgid groups. England/Italy top the group with a 1-0 win and 2 draws

In the knockout stage, Italy turn it on. 4-1 v Mexico; then that 4-3 against West Germany

Unfortunately they then came up against the best WC Team ever in the final

Well it could happen, but we'll probably get sent home by Slovakia

You have watched the Mike Basset film too often!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024