Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T' 2024 County Championship 14:28 - Apr 5 with 9241 viewsD_Alien

First day of the season, and 4* out of 9 matches due to start have their first day abandoned without a ball being bowled; 2 others delayed until late afternoon

*includes Lancs v Surrey at OT

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T' 2024 County Championship on 22:27 - Jul 28 with 3034 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2024 County Championship on 12:59 - Jul 28 by EllDale

Youngest ever to play for Lancashire.
No pressure there!

I went today. No Fireworks from him and he was stumped for 12. However he really looks to have a confident style and he was gutted to be out in that fashion when he was starting to put a partnership together with Jennings. Looking at the size of him and the way he times it I reckon he might be hitting it as hard as his dad did if he gets established.

Completely blew it in the last 7 balls needing 5 runs, after getting the game on track. 1 ball of the 49th over left,Jennings hits it to a fielder so declines the single he wanted and somehow Barnard gets himself run out leaving number 11 to come in and face the last over. He is out 2nd ball and we lose!! Pity because it was a nice day out and my first time watching us at Stanley Park. decent venue IMO
[Post edited 28 Jul 22:28]
T' 2024 County Championship on 12:06 - Aug 3 with 2797 viewsfrenzied

One day cup has been awful for Lancs this season
T' 2024 County Championship on 12:30 - Aug 3 with 2769 viewsEllDale

No wonder considering that there’s a full team playing in the Hundred for various made up sides.
T' 2024 County Championship on 13:03 - Aug 3 with 2733 viewsisitme

T' 2024 County Championship on 12:06 - Aug 3 by frenzied

One day cup has been awful for Lancs this season

There are a lot of players away but that should be an opportunity for others to kick on and there have been some decent individual performances from some younger players, but not enough.

I would also question some of the tactics, or lack of, such as plodding along at just over 3 an over during the power play and then losing lots of wickets to questionable shots due to scoreboard pressure.

I see Jennings who has been taken by one of the Hundred teams to sit on the bench would have replaced Buttler at the Manchester team and actually played but there was a a lack of communication regarding his injury.
[Post edited 3 Aug 13:12]
T' 2024 County Championship on 12:12 - Aug 4 with 2545 viewsD_Alien

T' 2024 County Championship on 13:03 - Aug 3 by isitme

There are a lot of players away but that should be an opportunity for others to kick on and there have been some decent individual performances from some younger players, but not enough.

I would also question some of the tactics, or lack of, such as plodding along at just over 3 an over during the power play and then losing lots of wickets to questionable shots due to scoreboard pressure.

I see Jennings who has been taken by one of the Hundred teams to sit on the bench would have replaced Buttler at the Manchester team and actually played but there was a a lack of communication regarding his injury.
[Post edited 3 Aug 13:12]

Let's see if they do any better down at Southampton

Not a bad start...

T' 2024 County Championship on 18:31 - Aug 31 with 2268 viewsfrenzied

Is Lancs position as precarious as it looks..we’ve taken some proper hammerings this season in the championship.

T20 coming up soon
T' 2024 County Championship on 19:24 - Aug 31 with 2176 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2024 County Championship on 18:31 - Aug 31 by frenzied

Is Lancs position as precarious as it looks..we’ve taken some proper hammerings this season in the championship.

T20 coming up soon

Lancs have been dire in both the Championship and 1 day cup ( where they finished bottom). If Jennings is out they seem to collapse & Bohannon isn't having a great season. Players who have performed well over the last couple of years are bang out of form. With 2 going down, and only 3 games left we are really in danger of being relegated along with Kent.

Even in the T20 it looked as if we would come in the top 2 to get a home draw but let it slip. Now away in the quarter final against Sussex next week.
T' 2024 County Championship on 07:33 - Sep 1 with 2048 viewsisitme

T' 2024 County Championship on 19:24 - Aug 31 by Nigeriamark

Lancs have been dire in both the Championship and 1 day cup ( where they finished bottom). If Jennings is out they seem to collapse & Bohannon isn't having a great season. Players who have performed well over the last couple of years are bang out of form. With 2 going down, and only 3 games left we are really in danger of being relegated along with Kent.

Even in the T20 it looked as if we would come in the top 2 to get a home draw but let it slip. Now away in the quarter final against Sussex next week.

There is a lot of young talent and Hurst has had a good season. There have been a catalogue of issues mostly stemming from the coach. Inconsistent team selections, poor performance from senior players and lack of impact from overseas players have all contributed to a poor season. Recent championship performances have been dire and lacked fight with the bat.
Login to get fewer ads

T' 2024 County Championship on 12:43 - Sep 1 with 1950 viewsjonahwhereru

I really thought Bohannon was going to be an excellent No.3, but I have lots of doubts if the openers haven’t got through twenty overs.
We seem a million miles away from that team picks itself, even allowing for the seamer v a spinner discussion. Living in Essex where the leagues structure is not as strong I think we should be a solid side every year. Disappointed.
T' 2024 County Championship on 18:29 - Sep 9 with 1593 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2024 County Championship on 12:43 - Sep 1 by jonahwhereru

I really thought Bohannon was going to be an excellent No.3, but I have lots of doubts if the openers haven’t got through twenty overs.
We seem a million miles away from that team picks itself, even allowing for the seamer v a spinner discussion. Living in Essex where the leagues structure is not as strong I think we should be a solid side every year. Disappointed.

Bad start for lancs today against Durham. Already 10 points adrift of safety with the need to win at least 2 of the last 3 games. Looking like minimal batting points tomorrow. Season going from bad to worse
T' 2024 County Championship on 19:01 - Sep 9 with 1558 viewsisitme

At least Matty Hurst is standing up to be counted. Great season for him. Maybe Flintoff will select him for the England Lions squad, especially the white ball one.

The rest is just a massive disappointment. The established players outside of Jennings have under performed and it is too much to asks the kids to step up and score the volume of runs needed.

Sometimes one step backwards to go two steps forward is needed. The youngesters can have a season against lesser competition to develop and hopefully sign a couple of impactful overseas players.
T' 2024 County Championship on 19:07 - Sep 9 with 1539 viewsD_Alien

T' 2024 County Championship on 19:01 - Sep 9 by isitme

At least Matty Hurst is standing up to be counted. Great season for him. Maybe Flintoff will select him for the England Lions squad, especially the white ball one.

The rest is just a massive disappointment. The established players outside of Jennings have under performed and it is too much to asks the kids to step up and score the volume of runs needed.

Sometimes one step backwards to go two steps forward is needed. The youngesters can have a season against lesser competition to develop and hopefully sign a couple of impactful overseas players.

Talking of Flintoffs... looks like young Rocky has been dropped due to a run of low scores after showing a lot of promise. The atmosphere in the dressing room can't have been helping him, especially at his age

He will come good. I just hope whatever's going on behind the scenes at Lancs can be sorted in time for him to start fulfilling his potential with us

Edit: he mightn't have been dropped, he might just be back at school doing his A-levels
[Post edited 9 Sep 19:40]

T' 2024 County Championship on 21:20 - Sep 9 with 1394 viewsisitme

T' 2024 County Championship on 19:07 - Sep 9 by D_Alien

Talking of Flintoffs... looks like young Rocky has been dropped due to a run of low scores after showing a lot of promise. The atmosphere in the dressing room can't have been helping him, especially at his age

He will come good. I just hope whatever's going on behind the scenes at Lancs can be sorted in time for him to start fulfilling his potential with us

Edit: he mightn't have been dropped, he might just be back at school doing his A-levels
[Post edited 9 Sep 19:40]

Playing in a relegation battle in the county championship is a marked difference to a dead rubber in the Metro Bank cup.
T' 2024 County Championship on 12:46 - Sep 11 with 1192 viewsEllDale

The writing is on the wall as Durham are 514 for 4 at the moment.
A lead of 286.
T' 2024 County Championship on 13:02 - Sep 11 with 1160 viewsD_Alien

T' 2024 County Championship on 12:46 - Sep 11 by EllDale

The writing is on the wall as Durham are 514 for 4 at the moment.
A lead of 286.

Hadrian's?

What has to be a record Durham stand of 415 between Bedingham and Ackerman

T' 2024 County Championship on 18:23 - Sep 11 with 1047 viewsjpresto

I know performances are poor but you have to remember all summer they have been without Salt,Livingstone, Buttler and Saqib Mahmood, That's a big loss.
T' 2024 County Championship on 19:33 - Sep 11 with 982 viewsEllDale

You could perhaps be forgiven for forgetting that Buttler is actually a Lancashire player.
T' 2024 County Championship on 21:19 - Sep 11 with 943 viewsisitme

T' 2024 County Championship on 18:23 - Sep 11 by jpresto

I know performances are poor but you have to remember all summer they have been without Salt,Livingstone, Buttler and Saqib Mahmood, That's a big loss.

And Luke Wood. The third seamer in red ball cricket has been a weakness all season. With the IPL, world cup and then the snack cricket we have seen very little of our international players. It is almost not worth having them.
T' 2024 County Championship on 02:20 - Sep 12 with 861 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2024 County Championship on 21:19 - Sep 11 by isitme

And Luke Wood. The third seamer in red ball cricket has been a weakness all season. With the IPL, world cup and then the snack cricket we have seen very little of our international players. It is almost not worth having them.

it was the same in previous years in terms of losing players yet we had some good seasons. This year we have just fallen off a cliff. Lancs still have more depth than smaller counties. Ultimately we have just had a terrible season and are at risk of relegation.
T' 2024 County Championship on 08:00 - Sep 12 with 817 viewsisitme

T' 2024 County Championship on 02:20 - Sep 12 by Nigeriamark

it was the same in previous years in terms of losing players yet we had some good seasons. This year we have just fallen off a cliff. Lancs still have more depth than smaller counties. Ultimately we have just had a terrible season and are at risk of relegation.

Last season Salt did play a few red ball games, as did Wood. I do agree that form has been awful this season and Mahmood playing sparingly has affected the seam bowling resources. It is a bit ironic that it was muted that he was signing with Warwickshire, we then won the biding war for him and he has missed most of the last two seasons. I know it is not his fault, but it is another example of resources being tied up in players who are not available to play.

The best ability is availability. I am not sure we have that much depth? How many of the fringe players would start for a division one team? Blatherwick would be lucky to start for a second division team! A Surrey second string would probably finish mid table.

There are some younger players who show promise and Hurst has been the one shining light, with him performing well in all formats. A BBL season will do wonders for him and he may get an England Lions call up. Bell needs to push on and some younger seamers need to come through to eventually replace Williams and Bailey who have dropped off this season. Boyden is a good prospect, who have suffered from injury and Aspinwall could develop into a decent first change bowler and number 8. Barnard is also a highly regarded slow left armer, which will probably see Morley move on. Stanley is also a quick white ball bowler, but again, always injured.

I expect that we will get relegated. Recruitment needs to be much better. Jones from Durham has been signed, but he is not really a big name. We need some impactful overseas signings to help our younger players. Is Mitchell available?
T' 2024 County Championship on 14:48 - Sep 12 with 712 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2024 County Championship on 08:00 - Sep 12 by isitme

Last season Salt did play a few red ball games, as did Wood. I do agree that form has been awful this season and Mahmood playing sparingly has affected the seam bowling resources. It is a bit ironic that it was muted that he was signing with Warwickshire, we then won the biding war for him and he has missed most of the last two seasons. I know it is not his fault, but it is another example of resources being tied up in players who are not available to play.

The best ability is availability. I am not sure we have that much depth? How many of the fringe players would start for a division one team? Blatherwick would be lucky to start for a second division team! A Surrey second string would probably finish mid table.

There are some younger players who show promise and Hurst has been the one shining light, with him performing well in all formats. A BBL season will do wonders for him and he may get an England Lions call up. Bell needs to push on and some younger seamers need to come through to eventually replace Williams and Bailey who have dropped off this season. Boyden is a good prospect, who have suffered from injury and Aspinwall could develop into a decent first change bowler and number 8. Barnard is also a highly regarded slow left armer, which will probably see Morley move on. Stanley is also a quick white ball bowler, but again, always injured.

I expect that we will get relegated. Recruitment needs to be much better. Jones from Durham has been signed, but he is not really a big name. We need some impactful overseas signings to help our younger players. Is Mitchell available?

Lost by an innings, and gained just 1 bonus point. The only good news is that Notts did the same and it is now a battle between us and them for the last relegation spot. Unfortunately in the penultimate round of fixtures, we play Somerset who are second, and they play bottom team Kent. It could be over before the last game.
T' 2024 County Championship on 13:49 - Sep 17 with 335 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2024 County Championship on 14:48 - Sep 12 by Nigeriamark

Lost by an innings, and gained just 1 bonus point. The only good news is that Notts did the same and it is now a battle between us and them for the last relegation spot. Unfortunately in the penultimate round of fixtures, we play Somerset who are second, and they play bottom team Kent. It could be over before the last game.

Lancs 121 - 9 ( from 114-4!!) including a 50 for Jennings & Nothing else
Notts 178 - 0

Miracle required to not be down with a game to play
[Post edited 17 Sep 13:50]
T' 2024 County Championship on 14:03 - Sep 17 with 328 viewsTalkingSutty

T' 2024 County Championship on 13:49 - Sep 17 by Nigeriamark

Lancs 121 - 9 ( from 114-4!!) including a 50 for Jennings & Nothing else
Notts 178 - 0

Miracle required to not be down with a game to play
[Post edited 17 Sep 13:50]

A total surrender, white flag waved.
T' 2024 County Championship on 16:50 - Sep 17 with 222 viewsD_Alien

T' 2024 County Championship on 14:03 - Sep 17 by TalkingSutty

A total surrender, white flag waved.

Somerset struggling with the bat too

Could be a short game

T' 2024 County Championship on 20:56 - Sep 17 with 99 viewsisitme

T' 2024 County Championship on 16:50 - Sep 17 by D_Alien

Somerset struggling with the bat too

Could be a short game

A shame Notts filled their boots today. Lancs need someone to step up tomorrow. Maybe the day for some Flintoff heroics?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024