Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contract for Martin. 09:41 - Apr 23 with 20167 viewsPaddyhoops

Think he’s done really well for us since coming in .
He’s not particularly mobile but he’s a canny operator and he’s chipped in with with a few goals since he’s come here.
He’s attitude is first class . Worth an another season … possibly.
Contract for Martin. on 19:36 - Apr 28 with 2512 viewsdmm

I must say I find Ains hint at a contract for Martin as reported by WLS today to be the most depressing thing he's said to date.
Contract for Martin. on 19:50 - Apr 28 with 2466 viewsWatfordR

Contract for Martin. on 18:43 - Apr 28 by BrianMcCarthy

It's not a surprise, though, is it.

Either he wants to keep on his captain or he's going to say that he is. He can hardly say "nah, we're going to bin him".

Not clear whether GA was asked about Martin and responded, or whether he brought up the subject himself. If it's the latter, he didn't need to make those comments unless they were in his thinking.

Every bit as wrong as allowing Warbs or Beale to call the shots on transfers, that should ultimately be the DoF's call.
Contract for Martin. on 19:55 - Apr 28 with 2454 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Contract for Martin. on 19:50 - Apr 28 by WatfordR

Not clear whether GA was asked about Martin and responded, or whether he brought up the subject himself. If it's the latter, he didn't need to make those comments unless they were in his thinking.

Every bit as wrong as allowing Warbs or Beale to call the shots on transfers, that should ultimately be the DoF's call.

Fair comments.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Contract for Martin. on 19:57 - Apr 28 with 2445 viewsNorthernr

Contract for Martin. on 18:42 - Apr 28 by Pindarus

I would be happy if our forward choices next season were Dykes, Kelman, Lowe and Armstrong. Gives us all sorts of options We need pace up front, not slow motion.

Again I cannot help but conclude that I go somewhere else on a Saturday and watch something else entirely by mistake.
Contract for Martin. on 20:20 - Apr 28 with 2350 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Contract for Martin. on 19:12 - Apr 28 by Headington

This is the sort of statement that might prompt owners - not ours - who know something about football to say at a later point (if we stay up) to say 'thanks for all your work Gareth but we are going in a different direction'.

If only!

I'm going for mid November and the board will pull the trigger on Ainsworth due to us being rooted to the bottom, whilst playing in a style last seen in the late 1980s (Wimbledon, not Liverpool).

The more I listen to Ainsworth, and watch the games, the more I fear this a disastrous appointment.
Contract for Martin. on 09:37 - Apr 29 with 2143 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Edit: should have read the article first
[Post edited 29 Apr 2023 9:38]
Contract for Martin. on 09:51 - Apr 29 with 2102 viewsNorthantsHoop

Think Martin has done well since signing, as long as it is not stupid money, if we give him another year so be it. He actually looks like he wants to play and fight a bit, not like some of the other wasters in the team. We are going to need a more physical/industrial team if we are going to survive as the current bunch of lightweights are just not capable.
Contract for Martin. on 06:10 - May 9 with 1800 viewsGloucs_R

Does anyone still want to give him another year? 😬

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Contract for Martin. on 07:38 - May 9 with 1673 viewsNortholt_Rs

Contract for Martin. on 06:10 - May 9 by Gloucs_R

Does anyone still want to give him another year? 😬

No

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Contract for Martin. on 10:21 - May 9 with 1484 viewsted_hendrix

He'll be gone If he hasn't gone already, It'll be a bit of a sad departure I would say something along the opening scene from Lawrence Of Arabia but In reverse as Martin pedals slowly (ever so slowly) up the South Africa Road on his tandem bicycle with Lyndon Dykes sat comfortably behind him for the last time ever.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Contract for Martin. on 10:29 - May 9 with 1445 viewsEsox_Lucius

Contract for Martin. on 15:39 - Apr 24 by HAYESBOY

I'd prefer if we started to integrate Koli in the first team. They play him as a 9 but more like a 10 for me when i have seen him play.

and Teddy Lawrence, young, but looks like a good player and chips in with goals.

The grass is always greener.

Contract for Martin. on 13:24 - May 16 with 1134 viewsDannyPaddox

Panama, impressed with his turning abilities, are considering a call-up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024