Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The World Cup final. 18:49 - Dec 17 with 14867 viewsMick_S

Anyone else not realise kick off is at 3:00 and has booked in for work tomorrow? I just assumed it would be an early evening start. I’m Tim Sherwood, I am.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The World Cup final. on 21:13 - Dec 18 with 3028 viewstraininvain

Shades of QPR vs palace last game of the season SAR stand!
The World Cup final. on 21:17 - Dec 18 with 2972 viewshubble

The World Cup final. on 20:25 - Dec 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

England not gone home empty handed

Worse than a wooden spoon! Sums up the Southgate era: too nice! And he's staying on for the Euros. He needs some lessons in shithousery from Rangers and the Critch.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

The World Cup final. on 21:18 - Dec 18 with 2981 viewsRanger_Things

The World Cup final. on 20:16 - Dec 18 by BlackCrowe

The best final i've ever seen. It had literally everything except red cards thankfully. Joy to watch. The ceremony afterwards, dressing Messi up in a robe etc was utterly pathetic.

Yeah that robe was a bisht.
The World Cup final. on 21:42 - Dec 18 with 2912 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The World Cup final. on 21:13 - Dec 18 by traininvain

Shades of QPR vs palace last game of the season SAR stand!

I was just googling

‘QPR FAN BREASTS OUT’
‘QUEENS PARK RANGERS FAN BREASTS OUT FLASH’
‘QPR FAN FACEPAINT TITS OUT’

to find that famous photo of the woman flashing the photographer to post on here when I suddenly thought it was very quiet in my house. When I turned round in my chair my missus was looking over my shoulder.

Just had a very difficult conversation to say the least.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2022 21:43]
The World Cup final. on 22:12 - Dec 18 with 2822 viewsaston_hoop

The World Cup final. on 21:42 - Dec 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

I was just googling

‘QPR FAN BREASTS OUT’

to find that famous photo of the woman flashing the photographer to post on here when I suddenly thought it was very quiet in my house. When I turned round in my chair my missus was looking over my shoulder.

Is this the one you mean?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The World Cup final. on 22:35 - Dec 18 with 2736 viewskensalriser

The World Cup final. on 21:42 - Dec 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

I was just googling

‘QPR FAN BREASTS OUT’

At least you didn't use the word soapy.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The World Cup final. on 23:40 - Dec 18 with 2618 viewsdaveB

I can't get over how good that final was, both could have won it in extra time, that chance at the end for France, what a save by martinez. Pleased that Messi finally won it but credit to France, they just fought so hard and that Mbapee is a special player
The World Cup final. on 23:43 - Dec 18 with 2604 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

The World Cup final. on 23:47 - Dec 18 with 2583 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The World Cup final. on 23:40 - Dec 18 by daveB

I can't get over how good that final was, both could have won it in extra time, that chance at the end for France, what a save by martinez. Pleased that Messi finally won it but credit to France, they just fought so hard and that Mbapee is a special player

Astonishing final.

Hours later and we're still talking about it with people of all ages. None of us can quite go to bed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The World Cup final. on 00:07 - Dec 19 with 2523 viewsSydneyRs

On top of this you have to remember the players France had out of the tournament because of injury. They are going to be hard to stop at the Euros.
The World Cup final. on 01:34 - Dec 19 with 2388 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The World Cup final. on 23:47 - Dec 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Astonishing final.

Hours later and we're still talking about it with people of all ages. None of us can quite go to bed.

Yes, terrific match and extra time was just extraordinary. One of the few times when it felt right to settle it on penalties.
The World Cup final. on 07:07 - Dec 19 with 2204 viewstraininvain

The World Cup final. on 23:43 - Dec 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Lovely to see Messi on Aguero’s shoulders, one of his best mates and a man who might’ve been playing in the final if heart problems hadn’t forced him to retire last year.

Still can’t get over the final. Never seen anything quite like it and doubt we ever will. My brother is in Buenos Aires and the scenes are pure ecstasy.
The World Cup final. on 07:52 - Dec 19 with 2164 viewsngbqpr

The World Cup final. on 00:07 - Dec 19 by SydneyRs

On top of this you have to remember the players France had out of the tournament because of injury. They are going to be hard to stop at the Euros.

Indeed, and just as I was thinking England had the best crop of youngsters and this French team had peaked, this tournament has seen them unearth a couple more gems who can "do it on the biggest stage of all." Sacre fkin bleu.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The World Cup final. on 07:58 - Dec 19 with 2158 viewstraininvain

The World Cup final. on 07:52 - Dec 19 by ngbqpr

Indeed, and just as I was thinking England had the best crop of youngsters and this French team had peaked, this tournament has seen them unearth a couple more gems who can "do it on the biggest stage of all." Sacre fkin bleu.

Apparently Mbappe has a younger brother who made his debut for PSG the other day. Here’s a scary thought, two Mbappes at the next World Cup!
The World Cup final. on 08:47 - Dec 19 with 2076 viewsslmrstid

They did say on BBC yesterday that Zidane is poised to replace Deschamps as next France manager.

Can Zizou have the same effect on the team? Going to be big shoes to fill.
The World Cup final. on 10:14 - Dec 19 with 1923 viewsdaveB

The World Cup final. on 00:07 - Dec 19 by SydneyRs

I think they are a better side without Pogba and Benzema but would agree they will be a hard team to beat at the next one.
The World Cup final. on 12:19 - Dec 19 with 1729 viewsRanger_Things

Argentina fans are a different class.
One dude is completely starkers on top of a lamppost.

[Post edited 19 Dec 2022 12:21]
The World Cup final. on 12:48 - Dec 19 with 1664 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/argentinas-third-goal-in-world-cup-final-should
The World Cup final. on 13:03 - Dec 19 with 1621 viewsslmrstid

The World Cup final. on 12:48 - Dec 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/argentinas-third-goal-in-world-cup-final-should

Regulations schmegulations.
The World Cup final. on 13:12 - Dec 19 with 1590 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The World Cup final. on 13:03 - Dec 19 by slmrstid

Regulations schmegulations.

Is that one of the unused German subs?
The World Cup final. on 14:49 - Dec 19 with 1499 viewsPinnerPaul

The World Cup final. on 18:25 - Dec 18 by PlanetHonneywood

Ref had a bloody great game.

Agreed.

Maybe should have sent off Otemendi for the penalty foul, had to be a yellow card if not.

The spot for the dive was fantastic in real time.

Some meida nonsense about 2 Arg subs "on the pitch" when Messi scored 3rd, but the still I've seen they are just on the pitch and in that shot the ball over the line, no ref on earth is disallowing that goal, in that game for that!
The World Cup final. on 16:06 - Dec 19 with 1365 viewstraininvain

The World Cup final. on 14:49 - Dec 19 by PinnerPaul

Agreed.

Maybe should have sent off Otemendi for the penalty foul, had to be a yellow card if not.

The spot for the dive was fantastic in real time.

Some meida nonsense about 2 Arg subs "on the pitch" when Messi scored 3rd, but the still I've seen they are just on the pitch and in that shot the ball over the line, no ref on earth is disallowing that goal, in that game for that!

Keith Stroud might have something to say about that! But in all seriousness, has a goal ever been disallowed for this reason?

Imagine the World Cup being decided on such a technicality. Fortunately the ref was very good.
The World Cup final. on 16:09 - Dec 19 with 1362 viewsPinnerPaul

The World Cup final. on 16:06 - Dec 19 by traininvain

Keith Stroud might have something to say about that! But in all seriousness, has a goal ever been disallowed for this reason?

Imagine the World Cup being decided on such a technicality. Fortunately the ref was very good.

Not at any meaningful level - no.

And the part of the law everyone is getting excited about was written for a team having 12 (or more) actual players on the pitch, not a couple of subs, coming a couple of yards on the pitch a couple of nano seconds early.

In 'theory' they are not supposed to even stand up unless warming up, but didn't see too many cautions for the goall celebrations (both sides) did you?
[Post edited 19 Dec 2022 16:09]
The World Cup final. on 16:33 - Dec 19 with 1006 viewsJuzzie

The World Cup final. on 16:06 - Dec 19 by traininvain

"Some of the crowd are on the pitch......"
The World Cup final. (n/t) on 18:11 - Dec 19 with 895 viewsSonofpugwash

[Post edited 19 Dec 2022 19:06]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024