Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Injuries 22:46 - Aug 9 with 9933 viewsdavman

Flippin' heck - Paal, Amos, Willock, JCS, Richards ALL OUT SATURDAY.

Royally screwed.

The Head Coach says that every time we play we pick up injuries - WTF? This squad is not robust enough and has little strength in depth. This is going to be a hell of a long season.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Injuries on 12:54 - Aug 10 with 2706 viewsgolborne

Injuries on 11:22 - Aug 10 by PinnerPaul

Its going to be a long/depressing season on here.

After Blackburn the club was broken from the top downwards and now all manner of conspiracy theories, sub plots and general giving up because we have a few injuries.

Get a grip please!

Given Saturdays performance there are 2 important players in there for sure, and losing them longterm would be an issue - but for a game, or two? I'm in the camp of wrap'em up if there's potential of a reassurance, especially when one has had an op and a solid 4 month lay off. yesterdays team were pretty bland prior to the subs, but Shodipo, Richards and Armstrong were a handful when they came on. it's all about tactics, but more importantly drawing a performance out of some of these players. there are some more than capable lads here, and MB recognises that and is why he's trying to give everybody a fair chance. With a bit more confidence in their bones I think a few of these can do a good job for us. in their favour we don't look at any of them and say, he's a lazy..not interested etc...
Injuries on 12:58 - Aug 10 with 2680 viewsSnipper

I know this might not be popular, but I honestly couldn’t give a toss about the League Cup this season.

We currently have a paper thin squad, and have a couple of our best players slowly coming back from injury. The less games we have in this competition this year is a blessing imo.

I like the new man in charge. We need to trust him.
Injuries on 13:03 - Aug 10 with 2636 viewsozexile

Injuries on 12:58 - Aug 10 by Snipper

I know this might not be popular, but I honestly couldn’t give a toss about the League Cup this season.

We currently have a paper thin squad, and have a couple of our best players slowly coming back from injury. The less games we have in this competition this year is a blessing imo.

I like the new man in charge. We need to trust him.

I can see where you're coming from but we need the revenue from a cup run. We are totally skint. We've missed out yet again on potentially playing a big club.
Injuries on 13:33 - Aug 10 with 2526 viewsPinnerPaul

Injuries on 10:51 - Aug 10 by ted_hendrix

The box office is currently injured too, cant get any Blackpool or Rotherham tickets as they are having problems with the system, they've raised this as a high priority Issue.

Oh well.

???????

E mailed them about my ST card this morning (Hasn't arrived yet) replied in 20 minutes with Blackpool ticket attached and a promise that card will arrive soon.
Injuries on 13:37 - Aug 10 with 2507 viewsPinnerPaul

Injuries on 12:27 - Aug 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair point.

I was in bad foem about last night's game as i thought some of our players were lazy, but am trying hard to be positive today.

Great weather here, and out hiking most evenings. Very little to complain about!

Well said Brian, lets all get to know Mr Perspective, people!
Injuries on 13:41 - Aug 10 with 2477 viewsted_hendrix

Injuries on 13:33 - Aug 10 by PinnerPaul

???????

E mailed them about my ST card this morning (Hasn't arrived yet) replied in 20 minutes with Blackpool ticket attached and a promise that card will arrive soon.

Spoke to the BO at 10.40 AM, as I posted they were having 'Issues' then at that time and had raised am IT issue.
Gonna call them again soon.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Injuries on 13:46 - Aug 10 with 2450 viewsPinnerPaul

Injuries on 13:41 - Aug 10 by ted_hendrix

Spoke to the BO at 10.40 AM, as I posted they were having 'Issues' then at that time and had raised am IT issue.
Gonna call them again soon.

Makes sense, I was sent ticket & reply at 11.17am though, so maybe fixed now?
Injuries on 14:01 - Aug 10 with 2408 viewsR_from_afar

Injuries on 11:20 - Aug 10 by stantheman10

You either want to try and win the game or not. It's great that you are more knowledgeable than MB. Perhaps we should give you the job

Shots fired....

Come on, play nicely

We're all feeling the stress of another Championship slog.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Injuries on 14:10 - Aug 10 with 2386 viewsR_from_afar

Injuries on 11:42 - Aug 10 by safcinpeace

To be fair we are realistic and understand that it is a big step up from
L1 so mid table will be seen as a good season by most fans. We are still
At the stage of building a team , so we are still very much a work in progress.

Thanks for coming on here and giving us the opposition's view. I for one always find that interesting.

I'd be delighted if we can get a point. I fear that, as in two of our three games so far this season, we might again struggle to create any chances.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Injuries on 14:32 - Aug 10 with 2308 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Injuries on 13:33 - Aug 10 by PinnerPaul

???????

CONNNNNOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRR

[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 14:33]
Injuries on 14:37 - Aug 10 with 2288 viewsPhilmyRs

It does feel like an oversight to me that we let Moses go. He could cover both full back positions, was probably our quickest player and seemed happy enough here. I think it’s becoming more obvious that Niko is not Championship standard so the fact we have one left-back injured and he’s seemingly first choice replacement, is a real worry. Moses as back-up would have made me feel a lot more confident for this trip to Sunderland.
Injuries on 15:53 - Aug 10 with 2169 viewsOldPedro

Injuries on 14:37 - Aug 10 by PhilmyRs

It does feel like an oversight to me that we let Moses go. He could cover both full back positions, was probably our quickest player and seemed happy enough here. I think it’s becoming more obvious that Niko is not Championship standard so the fact we have one left-back injured and he’s seemingly first choice replacement, is a real worry. Moses as back-up would have made me feel a lot more confident for this trip to Sunderland.

Wasn't Moses out for part of the season injured and only seemed to improve near the end of the season when he was trying to win a new contract?

Rumours we are signing a new right back on loan - wonder if he can cover left back also?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Injuries on 19:12 - Aug 10 with 2003 viewssafcinpeace

Injuries on 11:14 - Aug 10 by safcinpeace

Just thought I would pop in again to continue the chat from last season. As I couldn’t see a match thread, this seems to be a good place to start.

Interesting to hear about your injuries. As it stands we don’t have any real injuries, so Neil will be picking from a full squad, assuming we don’t pick up any injuries tonight, even then I am just expecting 9 or 10 changes for the EFL game.

Saturday was the first time we played two up top and it worked really well. Your comments seem to suggest that you will be short at full back which could be a problem as we are using the wings on both side to good effect.

One stat is that we are currently 18 unbeaten in all competitions and Neil has yet to lose an away game since he came in. As a consequence confidence in high.

Well I got that wrong we have made 11 changes for tonight’s game, so can guess we will be unchanged from the Bristol game on Saturday.
Injuries on 14:55 - Aug 11 with 1799 viewsaston_hoop

Can add George Thomas to the list, scenes when it turns out Beale has gone full Woodgate on us and Paal, Amos and Willock start on Saturday

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/second-opinions-sought-on-qpr-duo-after-gloo

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Injuries on 16:10 - Aug 11 with 1684 viewsderbyhoop

We might even see the perma-injured Charlie Owens involved the way things are going.

Suggest anybody under 30 going to Stadium of Light takes a pair of boots.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2022 16:21]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Injuries on 17:18 - Aug 11 with 1608 viewsVancouverHoop

I don't even remember what position Charlie Owens plays?
Injuries on 17:30 - Aug 11 with 1579 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Injuries on 17:18 - Aug 11 by VancouverHoop

I don't even remember what position Charlie Owens plays?

Neither does he.

I think it's LB. As in, left back in the treatment room...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Injuries on 19:14 - Aug 11 with 1488 viewsJames_Paddocks

Paal posting pictures of himself in training on Instagram
Injuries on 20:48 - Aug 11 with 1363 viewsHAYESBOY

Smells like a trout farm in here

Injuries on 20:50 - Aug 11 with 1360 viewsHAYESBOY

Bit of better news on Paal and Willock. At most they will mis Saturday and be available on Tuesday.
JCS out for approx 3 weeks.
Amos, doesn't pin a time frame down but doesn't sound like anything long term.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Injuries on 20:55 - Aug 11 with 1335 viewsdmm

Injuries on 20:50 - Aug 11 by HAYESBOY

Bit of better news on Paal and Willock. At most they will mis Saturday and be available on Tuesday.
JCS out for approx 3 weeks.
Amos, doesn't pin a time frame down but doesn't sound like anything long term.

Beale seems to suggest it's a fatigue issue with Willlock and Paal but he's being quite vague, perhaps deliberately so.
Injuries on 22:24 - Aug 11 with 1223 viewsHooparoo

Lots of comments on here about players being underprepared as though we assume they haven’t worked hard enough but what if it’s the opposite? My marathon coach used to remind us all that the day your body gets stronger is on the rest day after a hard session. Wondering if that’s the case here?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Injuries on 22:52 - Aug 11 with 1168 viewsdavman

Injuries on 22:24 - Aug 11 by Hooparoo

Lots of comments on here about players being underprepared as though we assume they haven’t worked hard enough but what if it’s the opposite? My marathon coach used to remind us all that the day your body gets stronger is on the rest day after a hard session. Wondering if that’s the case here?

All a bit mysterious, but sounds like this is being treated as a "bonus game". We can't chance taking people on a long journey, so we'll hold them back for the home games.

Who knows?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Injuries on 07:26 - Aug 12 with 947 viewsnix

Injuries on 22:52 - Aug 11 by davman

All a bit mysterious, but sounds like this is being treated as a "bonus game". We can't chance taking people on a long journey, so we'll hold them back for the home games.

Who knows?

I'm not sure if he actually thinks it's a bonus game. Reading between the lines I think it's in part that he's trying to keep the fans onside. He knows that we didn't have a great home record last season. Although your diehard fans are the ones that go to away games, in terms of sheer numbers your home games are larger crowds, so it makes sense to put more effort in for those. Win both of those, then we know fans have short memories, so they'll probably be happy with that.

Also, if Luke and Chris are struggling a bit with fatigue, schlepping them up and back to Sunderland in a coach might be counterproductive. It really does make sense to keep working on their stamina, interspersed with rest periods as it's pretty obvious we can't afford to lose them at the moment, particularly as Richards is long term injured. I think he was the player that was supposed to provide that injection of something different if Chris and Luke were unavailable. If they can't play we haven't really got anyone who can really take the game by the scruff of the neck from midfield. Johansen isn't dynamic enough, especially having lost a yard of pace, Illy plays it more safe, Dozzell isn't that kind of player, Field is more defensive and doesn't really take players on. Uncs can do it but only in flashes these days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024