Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 16:30 - Aug 9 with 4464 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/58181/southampton-fc-ann

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 22:11 - Aug 9 with 1388 viewsPoirot

I was at the back of block 2 for several seasons around 2003 to 2010 and everyone stood up and there was some handbags being rattled a handful of times. I dont think anything back then is different to recent seasons. So why is this draconian stuff happening ? Is the stadium safety manager some control freak ?
Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 22:30 - Aug 9 with 1338 viewsfranniesTache

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 22:11 - Aug 9 by Poirot

I was at the back of block 2 for several seasons around 2003 to 2010 and everyone stood up and there was some handbags being rattled a handful of times. I dont think anything back then is different to recent seasons. So why is this draconian stuff happening ? Is the stadium safety manager some control freak ?

The FA have identified various clubs where there have been repeat issues, saints happen to be one of those clubs, as the email said we have been told to sort it out or will have to either close the blocks or erect a wall between the home and aways fans.

Lots of folk here saying what about x or y club are missing the point, they could very well have the same issues but we don’t know about them as we don’t support them (and we do know about West Ham who have been forced to erect a wall).

It’s shit, it’s another nail in the coffin of football but it’s come down from outside the club.
Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 22:44 - Aug 9 with 1299 viewsSouthamptonfan

One of the best behaved fans in terms of arrests.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 22:52 - Aug 9 with 1281 viewsfranniesTache

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 22:44 - Aug 9 by Southamptonfan

If you start in 2014 yeah, if you look at last season on that we’re the fourth highest I think
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 22:53]
Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 22:54 - Aug 9 with 1277 viewsBicester_North

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 22:30 - Aug 9 by franniesTache

The FA have identified various clubs where there have been repeat issues, saints happen to be one of those clubs, as the email said we have been told to sort it out or will have to either close the blocks or erect a wall between the home and aways fans.

Lots of folk here saying what about x or y club are missing the point, they could very well have the same issues but we don’t know about them as we don’t support them (and we do know about West Ham who have been forced to erect a wall).

It’s shit, it’s another nail in the coffin of football but it’s come down from outside the club.

Does anyone know what the consequences are if Saints didn’t employ this helmet to steam in with the draconian gestapo shit and we had an extra handful of arrests for pathetic incidents where nobody was hurt?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 22:55 - Aug 9 with 1275 viewsfranniesTache

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 22:54 - Aug 9 by Bicester_North

Does anyone know what the consequences are if Saints didn’t employ this helmet to steam in with the draconian gestapo shit and we had an extra handful of arrests for pathetic incidents where nobody was hurt?

Blocks one and two are forced to close the club lose revenue
Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 22:59 - Aug 9 with 1269 viewsSouthamptonfan

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 22:55 - Aug 9 by franniesTache

I hope the same Draconian measures are being implemented at Leeds, Liverpool, Man United and everywhere else where there are more arrests, more banning orders and more disorder. And I hope Saints stewards make Leeds sit down Saturday. If not, why should we?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 23:03]

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 23:00 - Aug 9 with 1262 viewsBicester_North

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 22:55 - Aug 9 by franniesTache

Jesus, wish they put this kind of resource and over enthusiastic effort into sorting out the gangs of scrotes that roam estates and town centres in the UK making an intimidating atmosphere for normal folks to wander around, as they do for generally harmless pissed up tw@ts in the stadium where nobody is hurt or robbed.

What a mess

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 23:03 - Aug 9 with 1255 viewsSouthamptonfan

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 23:00 - Aug 9 by Bicester_North

Jesus, wish they put this kind of resource and over enthusiastic effort into sorting out the gangs of scrotes that roam estates and town centres in the UK making an intimidating atmosphere for normal folks to wander around, as they do for generally harmless pissed up tw@ts in the stadium where nobody is hurt or robbed.

What a mess

F@cking spot on. People being stabbed and shot, and they do f@ck all. People in parts of Southampton afraid of leaving their homes, with gangs outside and they do f@ck all. A few fans having a shout and calling a goading fan a tw@t, and they throw the book at them.

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 23:06 - Aug 9 with 1249 viewsfranniesTache

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 23:00 - Aug 9 by Bicester_North

What a mess

As Elijah said on the other thread it’s a corporate toy now and they don’t want us there, if I was a cynic I’d say they actually want fans in those blocks to play up so they can give them banning orders.
Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 07:40 - Aug 10 with 1144 viewssaintwizzler

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 22:08 - Aug 9 by Southamptonfan

Because if I want to, I should be able to don't you think? Plenty of reasons, banter, discussions, football chat, moan about the top 4 chat, how much are your season tickets chat. Plenty of fans I don't want to speak to, but some I do. It's my choice in a democracy isn't it?

Like a St Mary’s meet and greet, yes?
If you wait about at the top of the footbridge I’m sure you’ll catch some away fans walking up from Yates’ for a natter and a chatter. How welcoming they’ll be after 10 pints of FOSTERS and a couple of lines of DEVIL’S DANDRUFF apiece remains to be seen.
But good luck with your venture.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 08:14 - Aug 10 with 1102 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 22:52 - Aug 9 by franniesTache

If you start in 2014 yeah, if you look at last season on that we’re the fourth highest I think
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 22:53]

Champions League!!

Get in!

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 08:57 - Aug 10 with 1082 viewsRon11

When a Saints game is live on Sky, don't buy tickets. Watch the game at home or in the pub. The empty seats (apart from season ticket holders) will give them something to think about.
Especially if there's another Hassenhutl tactical cluster fu ck against Leeds and they lose again.
Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 09:04 - Aug 10 with 1067 viewsgrumpy

SFC sadly looks like they have lost their sense of Community.
They had a massive chance to address where the most vocal fans would go when St. Marys was built but messed it up.
A club that doesn't get it fans on side is one that will always struggle.
Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 09:07 - Aug 10 with 1065 viewsPatfromPoole

It seems to me that the endgame by the club is safe standing in the Chapel.

Can’t see it being popular myself. Ever since the early 90’s, our most vocal fans have tended to go as close to the away fans as possible.

It’s just how we are, I guess.

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 09:16 - Aug 10 with 1059 viewsSaintNick

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 22:44 - Aug 9 by Southamptonfan

If you look at the table, we have a very upward trajectory, we are 18th in terms of these 6 seasons, although it should be noted that the last season in these stats is 2019/20 which wasn't a full season.

But in that season we were actually 5th in the table for the number of arrests, given the average home gates of the 4 clubs above us and indeed there bigger away supports, I would say arrests on a per head ratio basis we would have been top

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 10:18 - Aug 10 with 1028 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 09:16 - Aug 10 by SaintNick

If you look at the table, we have a very upward trajectory, we are 18th in terms of these 6 seasons, although it should be noted that the last season in these stats is 2019/20 which wasn't a full season.

But in that season we were actually 5th in the table for the number of arrests, given the average home gates of the 4 clubs above us and indeed there bigger away supports, I would say arrests on a per head ratio basis we would have been top

Champions!!!

Get in!

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 13:04 - Aug 10 with 980 viewsfranniesTache

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 09:07 - Aug 10 by PatfromPoole

It seems to me that the endgame by the club is safe standing in the Chapel.

Can’t see it being popular myself. Ever since the early 90’s, our most vocal fans have tended to go as close to the away fans as possible.

It’s just how we are, I guess.

Safe standing isn't going to be in the chapel, the club are looking at the northam (including away end) and itchen north.

That's from someone inside the club too and not just guess work
Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 13:06 - Aug 10 with 977 viewsfranniesTache

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 09:04 - Aug 10 by grumpy

SFC sadly looks like they have lost their sense of Community.
They had a massive chance to address where the most vocal fans would go when St. Marys was built but messed it up.
A club that doesn't get it fans on side is one that will always struggle.

Sadly chatting to our mate who works for the club at Spurs he was saying that the club don't see the "value" in the local communities and have no interest in getting nippers from Golden Grove or Northam estate into the ground, their focus is "expanding the brand" abroad.

He seemed pretty dejected about it all to be honest and said the people at the top don't understand the city or the club.
Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 13:43 - Aug 10 with 938 viewsBicester_North

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 13:06 - Aug 10 by franniesTache

Sadly chatting to our mate who works for the club at Spurs he was saying that the club don't see the "value" in the local communities and have no interest in getting nippers from Golden Grove or Northam estate into the ground, their focus is "expanding the brand" abroad.

He seemed pretty dejected about it all to be honest and said the people at the top don't understand the city or the club.

Depressing stuff, I can’t imagine Brighton’s owner, for example being that way inclined

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 14:06 - Aug 10 with 927 viewsPoirot

I dont see the proposal of a wall being structurally possible without a section of seats being made useless. Maybe it will be similar to West Ham whove put a barrier up to stop fans from seeing each other. It all just sounds like a total overreaction from the pitch invasions at the end of last season. I remember back in the day, the club blocked steps access between block 1 and the away fans, it caused a right safety issue and it didnt get pass one game. The club could easlity stop selling tickets to away fans in block 47 48 'for safety reasons' if they want too.

Certainly the club need to sort out the away fans in hospitality and indeed right across the ground these days.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 14:18]
Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 14:18 - Aug 10 with 913 viewssolent_toffee

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 22:59 - Aug 9 by Southamptonfan

I hope the same Draconian measures are being implemented at Leeds, Liverpool, Man United and everywhere else where there are more arrests, more banning orders and more disorder. And I hope Saints stewards make Leeds sit down Saturday. If not, why should we?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 23:03]

Everton have sent emails to season ticket holders in ‘troubled areas’ of the ground. In this case it’s two blocks in the Gwladys Street, behind the goal, the other side of the ground, where a large amount of fans tend to stand up for most of the game.

I’m not sure why this is being done but it does seem to be a massive overreaction. Is it related to the pitch invasion at Goodison last season (zero arrests) or is it to do with the scenes at Wembley during the Euros ( stewarding arranged and paid by UEFA).

Either way as others have said it’s another way to sanitize the game that we all enjoy.
Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 14:26 - Aug 10 with 901 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 14:06 - Aug 10 by Poirot

I dont see the proposal of a wall being structurally possible without a section of seats being made useless. Maybe it will be similar to West Ham whove put a barrier up to stop fans from seeing each other. It all just sounds like a total overreaction from the pitch invasions at the end of last season. I remember back in the day, the club blocked steps access between block 1 and the away fans, it caused a right safety issue and it didnt get pass one game. The club could easlity stop selling tickets to away fans in block 47 48 'for safety reasons' if they want too.

Certainly the club need to sort out the away fans in hospitality and indeed right across the ground these days.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 14:18]

I haven’t been in an exec box at any game, but some Saints fan mates did this for an away game at Old Trafford a few years ago.

They were told by stewards before the game that if they got up and cheered if we scored, they would be chucked out straight away.

Which seems pretty sensible.

I assume Saints don’t do the same.

They bloody well should.

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 14:35 - Aug 10 with 891 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 14:18 - Aug 10 by solent_toffee

Everton have sent emails to season ticket holders in ‘troubled areas’ of the ground. In this case it’s two blocks in the Gwladys Street, behind the goal, the other side of the ground, where a large amount of fans tend to stand up for most of the game.

I’m not sure why this is being done but it does seem to be a massive overreaction. Is it related to the pitch invasion at Goodison last season (zero arrests) or is it to do with the scenes at Wembley during the Euros ( stewarding arranged and paid by UEFA).

Either way as others have said it’s another way to sanitize the game that we all enjoy.

It's such an overreaction and such hypocrisy. The FA, and the authorities are fine with a world cup in Qatar. It's all box ticking rubbish. These "troublesome" fans will just move elsewhere. This might not be all Saints fault, as you say it's happening at Everton too, but have Everton fans been asked to bring ID, closing sections of the ground to ticket buyers, and threats of a wall being built?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 14:36]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 14:37 - Aug 10 with 888 viewsdwayne_dibley

Southampton FC Announce Stringent Measures For Itchen Stand Block 1 & 2 on 14:18 - Aug 10 by solent_toffee

FA after another World Cup so have to be seen to be good

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024