Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One from the Speily archives 08:55 - May 10 with 1336 viewsKeithHaynes

Classic FA Cup footage.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

One from the Speily archives on 09:37 - May 10 with 1288 viewsFireboy2

I was there, the score wasn't good but that was FAF 🤣
One from the Speily archives on 12:15 - May 10 with 1237 viewsBuckDancer

The legendary “Ciro”! He is/was a taxi driver in Swansea I believe.
One from the Speily archives on 12:26 - May 10 with 1227 views1983

Not the only pitch invasion that night if you look at 59 seconds in that film you'll see The Queens boys in with the Liverpool fans who not long after that about 5 of them randomly run on the pitch

One from the Speily archives on 12:34 - May 10 with 1219 viewsFireboy2

One from the Speily archives on 12:26 - May 10 by 1983

Not the only pitch invasion that night if you look at 59 seconds in that film you'll see The Queens boys in with the Liverpool fans who not long after that about 5 of them randomly run on the pitch

Yes noticed that mate, good on em.
One from the Speily archives on 19:42 - May 10 with 1137 viewsGixerJack

One from the Speily archives on 12:34 - May 10 by Fireboy2

Yes noticed that mate, good on em.

Should never have got to Anfield, we should have but the tie to bed down the Vetch… cracking trip though
One from the Speily archives on 09:40 - May 11 with 971 views1983

One from the Speily archives on 19:42 - May 10 by GixerJack

Should never have got to Anfield, we should have but the tie to bed down the Vetch… cracking trip though

Totally
I miss those days when watching football was more gritty and unfashionable when away days were not really planned and we would just see what happens where we ended up, I still will remember games like that long after watching 7 years of Premiership games

One from the Speily archives on 16:22 - May 11 with 921 viewsKilkennyjack

One from the Speily archives on 09:40 - May 11 by 1983

Totally
I miss those days when watching football was more gritty and unfashionable when away days were not really planned and we would just see what happens where we ended up, I still will remember games like that long after watching 7 years of Premiership games

Thats very true.

Beware of the Risen People

One from the Speily archives on 22:51 - May 11 with 847 viewsKeithHaynes

One from the Speily archives on 09:40 - May 11 by 1983

Totally

Getting to the general area of where the game was then finding out yourself how friendly a pub was. All part of the day. Met some great lads at away games, both swans fans and whoever we were playing. Social media has made things to sterile for me, mind you it does expose a few people as well.

I suppose the old days will always be viewed more affectionately.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

One from the Speily archives on 23:11 - May 11 with 842 viewsSTID2017

One from the Speily archives on 22:51 - May 11 by KeithHaynes

Getting to the general area of where the game was then finding out yourself how friendly a pub was. All part of the day. Met some great lads at away games, both swans fans and whoever we were playing. Social media has made things to sterile for me, mind you it does expose a few people as well.

Quite often go away and sit in the home stands for a better view and a bit of comfort .
Never had any bother

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

One from the Speily archives on 06:06 - May 12 with 828 views1983

One from the Speily archives on 22:51 - May 11 by KeithHaynes

"General area"

Exactly that I remember an away day once a car full of us and it was a car full 6 of us going to Bolton away in the late 1980's all we knew it was near Manchester and we headed for those signs when we got nearish just stopping randomly and asking people where Burnden Park was, a crowd of about 100 Jacks were there then we left at half time because it was pi$$ing down and Bolton kept fans kept throwing fire works at us lol ! we then got totally lost ending up in Rugby in some pub playing pool with Northampton fans then sleeping in the car all six of us for a few hours then getting back to Swansea about 5am

Good Times

One from the Speily archives on 07:45 - May 12 with 806 viewsbuilthjack

As Rooney said, the old uns are the best.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024