Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 12:42 - Apr 3 with 15781 viewsNotLoyal

Play off chasers Millwall will be looking to return to winning ways in the Championship when they welcome Swansea City to the English capital on Tuesday night. The home side are currently 10th in the table, four points behind sixth-placed Blackburn Rovers, while Swansea, who thrashed Cardiff City on Saturday, occupy 16th position, 11 points off the playoffs.

MILLWALL
Millwall won five straight Championship matches between February 12 and March 5 to place themselves firmly in contention for a playoff spot, but they have only picked up maximum points from their last five games. Since beating Huddersfield Town 2-0 in the middle of March, they have lost to Stoke City and drawn with Luton Town, which has seen them drop into 10th spot in the table, four points behind sixth-placed Blackburn. The Lions now have back-to-back home matches against Swansea and Barnsley before a trip to Preston North End on April 15, and it will be fascinating to see where the capital outfit are in the table heading into their home clash with Hull City on April 18.

Millwall have never played in the Premier League, so it would be some achievement if they earned promotion to the top flight, but they have a lot of work to do to reach the top six, with Huddersfield, Luton Town, Middlesbrough and Blackburn currently the four teams in the playoffs.

SWANSEA CITY
Russell Martin's side have picked up seven points from their last three matches against Peterborough United, Birmingham City and Cardiff during a strong run, but a disappointing campaign overall has left them down in 16th spot in the table, boasting 51 points from 38 matches.The Swans are 11 points behind sixth-placed Blackburn with two matches in hand; the team can still mathematically finish in the playoffs, but it is incredibly unlikely due to the amount of sides above them. Swansea have been missing from the Premier League since the 2017-18 campaign, losing in the Championship playoffs in each of the last two seasons, and they are set for a fourth straight season in the second tier of English football, but the supporters will have been encouraged by the team's recent performances.

The matchday referee Andrew Davies has handed out an astonishing 81 cards in 28 games this season.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57478/manning-returns-an

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57479/in-form-millwall-a

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57483/millwall-v-swansea

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:57 - Apr 5 with 1485 views73__73

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:54 - Apr 5 by Fireboy2

You have let yourself down there 🙄

Not at all. IMO just left it to late. 21 pts left to play for no reason why we cannot win each individual match though, but as I’ve said I don’t think we’ll make it.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:58 - Apr 5 with 1484 viewsFireboy2

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:57 - Apr 5 by 73__73

Not at all. IMO just left it to late. 21 pts left to play for no reason why we cannot win each individual match though, but as I’ve said I don’t think we’ll make it.

Whoosh
Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:59 - Apr 5 with 1478 viewsmagicdaps10

That was total football tonight, yes there were moments defensively but there is always going to be EVEN if you play with 2 solid banks.

A big few days for Martin and the players, think there has been a big shift back to fans understanding the process after that tonight.

Well done and well done the board tonight, best feeling from a match day thread for a long time. 👍👏👏👏

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/ on 22:01 - Apr 5 with 1432 viewsKeithHaynes

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/ on 21:53 - Apr 5 by union_jack

He was a little disappointing tonight I thought. As was, understandably, Fulton.

He really didn’t make the right choice when in on goal, just seemed lost when a quick lass to Piroe would have been number two.

But he has set his own standards.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:04 - Apr 5 with 1406 viewsjasper_T

Fulton had a good game, a few early mistakes excepted. He was more progressive than Downes tends to be in that role. Looked absolutely shattered after 70 minutes.
Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:07 - Apr 5 with 1375 viewsFlashberryjack

Fantastic win, and at times some absolutely fantastic football, with plenty of green shoots coming through of how Russell wants us t play.

What I don't understand is, how can we can pass with so much accuracy up until we need to make a simple pass near the oppositions area, then we pass like a blind man with two left feet.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:07 - Apr 5 with 1373 viewsbuilthjack

It's great to have positivity and not have posters knocking Martin every other sentence.
Like a breath of fresh air.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/ on 22:07 - Apr 5 with 1373 viewsDr_Winston

He was a little disappointing tonight I thought. As was, understandably, Fulton.

I thought Fulton slotted in like he'd never been away. No Downes of course, but very decent.

Not seen much else but praise for him in other places.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:12 - Apr 5 with 1304 viewsChief

After the exertions and emotions of the weekend that's a phenomenal result and performance

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:19 - Apr 5 with 1243 viewscadleigh

Thought Millwall were surprisingly one-dimensional tonight. Also a really poor turnout from their supporters. Having said that it’s always a relief to leave that ground without being kettled or worse, so no complaints on that score. First half we were a bit tedious IMO but second half was much better. Fulton should start every time. Good three points away from home.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:19 - Apr 5 with 1242 viewsnyc_swans

anyone have a clip of the chance early in the first half where Obafemi's shot was saved after the long spell of possession?

that was a few inches away from one of the most spectacular team goals ive seen in years.
Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:19 - Apr 5 with 1237 viewsguthrieintherain

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:52 - Apr 5 by KeithHaynes

Ah, automatics I see your plan 😉

87 we looked like we were out of the play offs with 2 or 3 games to go all the results fell for us and we made the Play offs then beat Torquay.

Not enough games left realistically but we are playing well now.

Well done Russ and the team.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:20 - Apr 5 with 1232 viewsKeithHaynes

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:19 - Apr 5 by nyc_swans

anyone have a clip of the chance early in the first half where Obafemi's shot was saved after the long spell of possession?

that was a few inches away from one of the most spectacular team goals ive seen in years.

It should be available on swans tv in the morning, but if I get sent anything I’ll put it on 👍

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:21 - Apr 5 with 1217 viewsKeithHaynes

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:19 - Apr 5 by guthrieintherain

87 we looked like we were out of the play offs with 2 or 3 games to go all the results fell for us and we made the Play offs then beat Torquay.

Not enough games left realistically but we are playing well now.

Well done Russ and the team.

Same two seasons back, but this season wouldn’t work for us in the play offs, especially if we went and did something daft like win them.

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:23 - Apr 5 with 1203 viewsSTID2017

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:42 - Apr 5 by pencoedjack

Think you might be better off finding a new hobby because we are not changing the way we play.

Well done to the lads on another great 3 points.

COYS

I said that after the first game at Blackburn.
Was a hard watch but you could see what he was trying to do.
For large parts of the game we ran them ragged tonight.
Well done RM, players and the travelling fans

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:25 - Apr 5 with 1191 viewsSTID2017

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:43 - Apr 5 by Fireboy2

I think we would have all taken a 1 goal win before the game winny.

I went for 2 - 0.
One goal out again, but still predicted the win.
Definetly not predicting any 1 - 0 wins

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:27 - Apr 5 with 1185 viewsSTID2017

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:50 - Apr 5 by magicdaps10

Enjoyed that tonight, the passing and the fluency is a joy to watch.
I thing he has been watching that Lakers series and is a modern football version of Jack McKinney 😁

Must say that I thought Christie and Ntcham need to pull their socks up a bit.

Ntcham probably still carrying an injury ?
Christie gone off the boil a little but still good

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/ on 22:31 - Apr 5 with 1174 viewsSTID2017

Thought Fulton did well considering he hasn't had many starts (if any ? )

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:33 - Apr 5 with 1161 viewsBuckDancer

We win 2 in a row and Onehunglow has disappeared!
Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:40 - Apr 5 with 1116 viewsSTID2017

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:33 - Apr 5 by BuckDancer

Hi Dr P

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:41 - Apr 5 with 1102 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Good to see BBC Wales news mention Swansea following up their historic win at Cardiff with a win at Millwall . They also mentioned Wrexham's win as well.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:42 - Apr 5 with 1094 viewsmajorraglan

Great result again, bravo.
Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:47 - Apr 5 with 1071 viewsbuilthjack

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:33 - Apr 5 by BuckDancer

Denzil

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/ on 22:50 - Apr 5 with 1056 viewsunion_jack

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/ on 22:31 - Apr 5 by STID2017

Thought Fulton did well considering he hasn't had many starts (if any ? )

That’s why I said understandably. I probably just focussed on the negatives tonight so maybe being a tad unfair. I genuinely like him and feel he should have had much more game time this season.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:53 - Apr 5 with 1041 viewsbuilthjack

3 games without conceding. Long may it continue.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024