Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! 16:35 - Jan 9 with 33523 viewsNotLoyal

It’s all here, the English Covid free environment on toast with some good old dripping. Have it with some hock or lamb replacement therapy. Roll on the floor with your positive nouns.It’s the match day thread. It’s a pay on the day away day that day.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56746/jamie-paterson-unl

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56758
David Webb will be the referee when Swansea City take on Huddersfield Town at the John Smith’s Stadium on Saturday (3pm). The County Durham official will be taking charge of a Swans game for the third time this season, having had the whistle for the opening-day defeat at Blackburn and the away win at Barnsley. Webb was at the helm of two Swans games last season, awarding a key late spot-kick for Andre Ayew to net a late winner at Stoke, and overseeing a goalless draw against Reading. He will be assisted by Adam Crysell and Matthew Mcgrath, while Neil Hair will be the fourth official.

The game is now pay on the day.
It’s only a fiver !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56760
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56761/a-super-swansea-ci

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56776/carlos-corberán

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 21:35 - Jan 16 with 1307 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 21:08 - Jan 16 by ReslovenSwan1

From memory Potter had a difficult spell early in his reign. Bottom half in the leagues. Losing at home and away. He did then get a very solid run at home unbeaten but was dogged by often unlucky way defeats. This may have been because of playing unconvincing players like McKay Asoro and Celina at times.

Potter was 11th at this point in the season.

Finished 10th.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 21:59 - Jan 16 with 1267 viewsjasper_T

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 21:08 - Jan 16 by ReslovenSwan1

From memory Potter had a difficult spell early in his reign. Bottom half in the leagues. Losing at home and away. He did then get a very solid run at home unbeaten but was dogged by often unlucky way defeats. This may have been because of playing unconvincing players like McKay Asoro and Celina at times.

After 10 games we were 7th, level on points with Brentford in the playoffs. After 15 we'd dropped to 8th. 20 games down in 12th, then up to 11th on New Year's day with that 4-1 away win at Reading.

https://www.worldfootball.net/schedule/eng-championship-2018-2019-spieltag/46/
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:55 - Jan 17 with 1184 viewsYouBackJastard

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:57 - Jan 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Why be critical of a season where we are 17th come January? The lowest we have been at this point for about 12 years?

Because they are fans of the club and don’t like to see it struggling I would have thought. Going to games is an irrelevance.

The fact that you don’t go to games actually helps explain a lot of your opinions.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 01:54 - Jan 17 with 1169 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 00:55 - Jan 17 by YouBackJastard

The fact that you don’t go to games actually helps explain a lot of your opinions.

So we are 17th because I am unable to attend games?

Makes sense to you I suppose.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 06:23 - Jan 17 with 1138 viewsYouBackJastard

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 01:54 - Jan 17 by Dr_Parnassus

So we are 17th because I am unable to attend games?

Makes sense to you I suppose.

I suggested your lack of optimism directly stems from the lack of games attended. Match going fans as a whole have been very positive. “People who don’t understand football analyse with stats” - Jose Mourinho
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 06:40 - Jan 17 with 1136 viewsvetchonian

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 06:23 - Jan 17 by YouBackJastard

I suggested your lack of optimism directly stems from the lack of games attended. Match going fans as a whole have been very positive. “People who don’t understand football analyse with stats” - Jose Mourinho

I know many match attending fans who also lack optimism and are getting fed up with fare being served up.Russelk is getting a boost from the key we are getting being able to attend games again.....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 06:53 - Jan 17 with 1134 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 06:23 - Jan 17 by YouBackJastard

Optimism suggests making a prediction on the future, I’m neither optimistic nor pessimistic, both are a waste of time.

My views are based on what’s happened not on what’s to come. Actual facts. I can only assume as usual you have not understood simple posts or are just using tired soundbites in order to troll. Either way it’s not very imaginative, accurate or useful.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 06:56 - Jan 17 with 1133 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 06:40 - Jan 17 by vetchonian

I know many match attending fans who also lack optimism and are getting fed up with fare being served up.Russelk is getting a boost from the key we are getting being able to attend games again.....

Don’t tell him that, it will confuse him.

The suggestion that people that are able to attend the games are happy being 17th is laughable. Even as funny as his lack of understanding on Mourinho the biggest stat head out there.

Sadly for Mourinho, the stats say we are 17th and so does reality. Those that do to games will also have to accept that fact… even when they rewatch the highlights to see all the stuff they missed by being there.

Thing is about Mourinho, he is the biggest statto going.

- Mourinho arrived at a press conference armed with statistic after statistic to support his use of the youngster. His rant lasted around three minutes, during which Mourinho clarified that Rashford had featured for 5,744 minutes since he arrived at the club, which worked out as 63.7 lots of 90 minutes.

- Mourinho reminded fans that, in the following years, they had regularly fallen at the group stage, with their longest run in the tournament in the last seven years only reaching the quarter-finals in 2014.

His powerful (if odd) speech lasted around 12 minutes, with Mourinho even stating 'those stats are real.'

- According to The Telegraph, Mourinho said: “Last season United won here and Liverpool had 14 shots and United had one. Today Liverpool two shots? With 65 per cent of possession you have to be critical of Liverpool not us."

- He said: “I’ve just been told it was not 35 per cent. It was 42 per cent. That is from our guy."

- He revealed in an interview with The Guardian that this file contained: "my own assessment; my vision for him; numbers, figures, stats, graphics on every aspect of his game."

Including statistics of Hazard's performance was clearly important for Mourinho, who acknowledged that knowing statistics could help the winger improve.

- He said: "In the last two matches we had a minimum 12 goals [chances] to score, and I don't remember Leicester missing a chance, I don't remember Burnley missing a chance, I don't remember Leicester or Burnley crossing the midfield line in the second half."

- He said: "We had lost to ​Watford and ​Manchester City, I think, and he came with the stats of the team. I showed them to my assistants and I told them, ‘Be careful as one day this boy will take one of your places’."

The list is endless….

Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 08:23 - Jan 17 with 1113 viewsvetchonian

and yet the modern gameis dictated by it with players being tracked via GPS during games teams of analysts arned with laptops in the stands didn't we just advertise it appoint a head of stats albeit a different fancy title.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 08:30 - Jan 17 with 1107 viewslifelong

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 06:56 - Jan 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Don’t tell him that, it will confuse him.

The suggestion that people that are able to attend the games are happy being 17th is laughable. Even as funny as his lack of understanding on Mourinho the biggest stat head out there.

Sadly for Mourinho, the stats say we are 17th and so does reality. Those that do to games will also have to accept that fact… even when they rewatch the highlights to see all the stuff they missed by being there.

Thing is about Mourinho, he is the biggest statto going.

- Mourinho arrived at a press conference armed with statistic after statistic to support his use of the youngster. His rant lasted around three minutes, during which Mourinho clarified that Rashford had featured for 5,744 minutes since he arrived at the club, which worked out as 63.7 lots of 90 minutes.

- Mourinho reminded fans that, in the following years, they had regularly fallen at the group stage, with their longest run in the tournament in the last seven years only reaching the quarter-finals in 2014.

His powerful (if odd) speech lasted around 12 minutes, with Mourinho even stating 'those stats are real.'

- According to The Telegraph, Mourinho said: “Last season United won here and Liverpool had 14 shots and United had one. Today Liverpool two shots? With 65 per cent of possession you have to be critical of Liverpool not us."

- He said: “I’ve just been told it was not 35 per cent. It was 42 per cent. That is from our guy."

- He revealed in an interview with The Guardian that this file contained: "my own assessment; my vision for him; numbers, figures, stats, graphics on every aspect of his game."

Including statistics of Hazard's performance was clearly important for Mourinho, who acknowledged that knowing statistics could help the winger improve.

- He said: "In the last two matches we had a minimum 12 goals [chances] to score, and I don't remember Leicester missing a chance, I don't remember Burnley missing a chance, I don't remember Leicester or Burnley crossing the midfield line in the second half."

- He said: "We had lost to ​Watford and ​Manchester City, I think, and he came with the stats of the team. I showed them to my assistants and I told them, ‘Be careful as one day this boy will take one of your places’."

The list is endless….

The stats also say that we have games in hand over many of the clubs above us.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 09:34 - Jan 17 with 1052 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 08:23 - Jan 17 by vetchonian

and yet the modern gameis dictated by it with players being tracked via GPS during games teams of analysts arned with laptops in the stands didn't we just advertise it appoint a head of stats albeit a different fancy title.

We drew at Huddersfield .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 09:55 - Jan 17 with 1040 viewsvetchonian

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 09:34 - Jan 17 by onehunglow

we did first point in 4 games so thats 1 point from 12 available.
Given Huddersfield recent form a good result and apparantly we could have got all 3 points , but one swallow and all that but again the euphoric posting my many on here after that would make you think we are competing at the top of the table!

But still my post you replied to was showing how todays game is dominated by stats!!! The days of the old fashioned gut feel manager are gone!

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 09:56 - Jan 17 with 1039 viewsraynor94

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 09:34 - Jan 17 by onehunglow

To a side who haven't lost for 7 games and are the form team of the league.

We hadn't played a league game for 35 days.

Excellent point and performance

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 10:01 - Jan 17 with 1033 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 09:55 - Jan 17 by vetchonian

we did first point in 4 games so thats 1 point from 12 available.
Given Huddersfield recent form a good result and apparantly we could have got all 3 points , but one swallow and all that but again the euphoric posting my many on here after that would make you think we are competing at the top of the table!

But still my post you replied to was showing how todays game is dominated by stats!!! The days of the old fashioned gut feel manager are gone!

It’s a fair observation.
Football and being a lover of your home town team turns you inside and out.
I’ve never believed or trusted those who deny that.
It is part of yiu from the time your dad first took you to stand on his shoulders and get a peep of the game amongst a plume of Mackeson and Woodbines. It was for me anyway .

You do not have to be in the stadium not feel the pain,joy and frustration .

First half at Hudds ,we again were dire but second half terrific .

If we do not follow this up,it will be criminal . Start as we finished and we will kill Preston off .

Likeyou , I want the very best possible and fans should accept the views others

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 10:13 - Jan 17 with 1024 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 08:30 - Jan 17 by lifelong

The stats also say that we have games in hand over many of the clubs above us.

They do yes.

But sadly you don’t get any points for games in hand, you have to play them first.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 10:16 - Jan 17 with 1022 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 08:23 - Jan 17 by vetchonian

The game has improved with the introduction of statistical analysis exponentially.

If it didn’t, clubs wouldn’t bend over backwards to get the latest data and track every move their player makes. They also wouldn’t employ an army of data technicians and analysts.

But hey, Mourinho made a silly comment once that he doesn’t even adhere to, so it must be true.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 17:46 - Jan 17 with 967 viewsYouBackJastard

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 06:53 - Jan 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Optimism suggests making a prediction on the future, I’m neither optimistic nor pessimistic, both are a waste of time.

My views are based on what’s happened not on what’s to come. Actual facts. I can only assume as usual you have not understood simple posts or are just using tired soundbites in order to troll. Either way it’s not very imaginative, accurate or useful.

You don’t watch us so it’s hard to take you seriously. Sorry if that’s so hard to take.

Anyone who’s going to games can see the progress, and the fact that most of the dropped points we’ve seen this season have come from the players errors, not the manager. As the squad adapts, as the squad becomes Martins, we will inevitably see the progress.

Anyone who doesn’t watch us consistently can’t understand this.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 17:49 - Jan 17 with 964 viewsYouBackJastard

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 06:40 - Jan 17 by vetchonian

I’ve listened to your takes and I dread to imagine what your mates down the pub come up with.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 22:15 - Jan 17 with 933 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 17:46 - Jan 17 by YouBackJastard

You don’t watch us so it’s hard to take you seriously. Sorry if that’s so hard to take.

Anyone who’s going to games can see the progress, and the fact that most of the dropped points we’ve seen this season have come from the players errors, not the manager. As the squad adapts, as the squad becomes Martins, we will inevitably see the progress.

Don’t watch in what capacity? I think you can probably count the amount of games I have missed on two hands in the last decade. Quite remarkable for someone who lives in an Australasian time zone, maybe I’ll apply for supporter of the decade for showing such commitment.

But you are right, maybe Glitter was actually a good film but because nobody was on the set and watched it on the screen instead - maybe it didn’t come across. Mariah Carey is probably an Oscar winner if it wasn’t for those damn lying cameras.

Sorry, your trolling has never worked on me and can’t imagine it will start to now.

You wouldn’t know progress if it bite you on the nose, which is why you still have not progressed as a poster and instead had to change your username to continue spouting your nonsense.

We are 17th, we have 1 point out of our last 12, we barely score… if you don’t like people criticising the approach then you really should find another sport. Players errors are a direct consequence of the managers approach, which was the same in MK Dons - he’s not unlucky that this follows him around, it’s by design.

If you really lack the ability to think past the surface level, then football really ain’t for you kid.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 22:16]

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 22:19 - Jan 17 with 931 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 17:49 - Jan 17 by YouBackJastard

I’ve listened to your takes and I dread to imagine what your mates down the pub come up with.

I love the notion of “mates down the pub” from someone trying to fit a certain persona. Get with the times my friend its 2022 not 1998.

“How Not to Troll. A Complete Guide to Continuously Giving Yourself Away” by YJB, at all good bookstores now.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 22:19]

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 22:40 - Jan 17 with 909 viewsYouBackJastard

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 22:15 - Jan 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Don’t watch in what capacity? I think you can probably count the amount of games I have missed on two hands in the last decade. Quite remarkable for someone who lives in an Australasian time zone, maybe I’ll apply for supporter of the decade for showing such commitment.

But you are right, maybe Glitter was actually a good film but because nobody was on the set and watched it on the screen instead - maybe it didn’t come across. Mariah Carey is probably an Oscar winner if it wasn’t for those damn lying cameras.

Sorry, your trolling has never worked on me and can’t imagine it will start to now.

You wouldn’t know progress if it bite you on the nose, which is why you still have not progressed as a poster and instead had to change your username to continue spouting your nonsense.

We are 17th, we have 1 point out of our last 12, we barely score… if you don’t like people criticising the approach then you really should find another sport. Players errors are a direct consequence of the managers approach, which was the same in MK Dons - he’s not unlucky that this follows him around, it’s by design.

If you really lack the ability to think past the surface level, then football really ain’t for you kid.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 22:16]

Someone’s angry. I simply stated a true fact that you don’t watch our games therefore your opinion is less valid than others.

Have a good day!
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 22:44 - Jan 17 with 904 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 22:40 - Jan 17 by YouBackJastard

Someone’s angry. I simply stated a true fact that you don’t watch our games therefore your opinion is less valid than others.

Have a good day!

Angry? For showing your lies up? Quite the opposite compadre..

As I said, I have barely missed a game in the last decade and have far higher power of analysis than trolls like you… hence why I was voted 2nd best poster of the year for such views, where as you can go missing for a month and nobody knows you are gone.

Bye mate.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 08:31 - Jan 18 with 836 viewsvetchonian

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 17:46 - Jan 17 by YouBackJastard

So what you are saying is that unless some one is watching the game in the ground and not on TV they cant understand or judge on the football?

Yet all of last season and the majprity of the seanson before all any of us could do was watch on the tv and not attend games yet we all made different jusgements on the football many of whom making this dislike known!

How ironic

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 10:20 - Jan 18 with 807 viewsYouBackJastard

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 22:44 - Jan 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Angry? For showing your lies up? Quite the opposite compadre..

As I said, I have barely missed a game in the last decade and have far higher power of analysis than trolls like you… hence why I was voted 2nd best poster of the year for such views, where as you can go missing for a month and nobody knows you are gone.

Bye mate.

“I have barely missed a game in the last decade and have far higher power of analysis than trolls like you… hence why I was voted 2nd best poster of the year for such views, where as you can go missing for a month and nobody knows you are gone.”

If only your ego matched your intellect, perhaps your comments would actually be worth reading! Crikey moses get a load of this guy chuck 2nd best poster on the old CV! bet it keeps you up at night you didn’t make it to first place! “far higher power of analysis”, someone doesn’t get out much me thinks
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 10:22 - Jan 18 with 804 viewsYouBackJastard

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 08:31 - Jan 18 by vetchonian

So what you are saying is that unless some one is watching the game in the ground and not on TV they cant understand or judge on the football?

Yet all of last season and the majprity of the seanson before all any of us could do was watch on the tv and not attend games yet we all made different jusgements on the football many of whom making this dislike known!

How ironic

Cooper was beyond fortunate that his tenure came behind locked doors for a large majority. For the sake of my own well being I’m glad I had to suffer that on a TV screen and not in person!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024