Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing 13:31 - Nov 1 with 6130 viewsNotLoyal

It was getting sooooooo tiring.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 13:32 - Nov 1 with 2084 viewsCatullus

Of course, fair criticisms are still welcome

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 13:33 - Nov 1 with 2076 viewsNotLoyal

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 13:32 - Nov 1 by Catullus

Of course, fair criticisms are still welcome

I think Keith has always said that.
But the continual negativity was not very impressive. In fact it lacked any class at all.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 13:37 - Nov 1 with 2070 viewsKeithHaynes

And I will add.

There’s a link in there somewhere.😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 13:56 - Nov 1 with 2024 viewsmagicdaps10

They were not criticising, they were pointing out what he was doing wrong and how he can turn it around.... Luckily Russell read planetswans and took their advice.

Nothing to see here other than they were correct from the start 😁

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 13:56 - Nov 1 with 2017 viewsonehunglow

It s a nice day today innit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 14:14 - Nov 1 with 2015 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 13:56 - Nov 1 by onehunglow

It s a nice day today innit

Pouring down.

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 14:36 - Nov 1 with 1990 viewsDr_Parnassus

When a team does well, fans tend to be happy about it and talk about what they do well.

When a team does badly, fans tend to be unhappy about it and discuss why they are playing so badly.

Where is the mystery here?

I hope every win isn’t going to have such a depressing reaction, the mood has most certainly been brought down a few notches by people’s reactions, and a forum that welcomed open discussion is becoming needlessly hostile.

I went to bed with everyone jubilant and praising the manager and the team, I woke up and every thread seemed to be attacking fans for stating we were bad… when we were bad.

Just bizarre.

We won, cheer up.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 14:52 - Nov 1 with 1969 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 14:36 - Nov 1 by Dr_Parnassus

When a team does well, fans tend to be happy about it and talk about what they do well.

When a team does badly, fans tend to be unhappy about it and discuss why they are playing so badly.

I hope every win isn’t going to have such a depressing reaction, the mood has most certainly been brought down a few notches by people’s reactions, and a forum that welcomed open discussion is becoming needlessly hostile.

I went to bed with everyone jubilant and praising the manager and the team, I woke up and every thread seemed to be attacking fans for stating we were bad… when we were bad.

Just bizarre.

We won, cheer up.

So did I.
But I have for the rest of the season mainly. Apart from PNE😉

Login to get fewer ads

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 14:55 - Nov 1 with 1957 viewsonehunglow

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 14:36 - Nov 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Just bizarre.

We won, cheer up.

Beats me.
We win,we re happy,lose we ain’t
It’s ever been so.
When losing,yiu look for things to brighten the gloom

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 14:59 - Nov 1 with 1950 viewsswancity

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 13:33 - Nov 1 by NotLoyal

I think Keith has always said that.
But the continual negativity was not very impressive. In fact it lacked any class at all.

It lacked class
And it lacked knowledge
Empty vessels have always made the most noise
Onehunglow being a good example of someone with lots to say but always lacking any real idea on the subject matter sadly

We are making good progress. But the club isn’t equipped to play in the Premier league in its current guise which is another story

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 15:07 - Nov 1 with 1941 viewsDr_Parnassus

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 14:55 - Nov 1 by onehunglow

Beats me.
We win,we re happy,lose we ain’t
It’s ever been so.
When losing,yiu look for things to brighten the gloom

Yup, as I said, it’s no mystery.

We had our worst start to a campaign since the Bob Bradley era, performances were terrible, tactics all wrong, completely rudderless. Zero creativity.

Fans as a result were rightly unhappy and were naturally discussing why we were performing so poorly.

We have since made some changes and are playing better and those fans are now happier.

It really isn’t rocket science. This is not a new phenomenon, this is what has been true forever. I can’t fathom why people are pretending it isn’t.

If we return to those levels of performances again then the fans won’t be happy again and I’ll be among them, if we are playing excellently then fans will be happy and I’ll be among them too… that’s football.

The issue for me comes when fans are moaning despite winning most weeks. Yet that seemed perfectly acceptable on here last season, oddly. Does seem rather political.

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 15:09 - Nov 1 with 1938 views34dfgdf54

"First and foremost, what Russ has done already considering he wasn't here in pre-season and with this style of play, it can take a couple of months to get hold of but he's doing brilliantly now.

"I know the fans are loving it, but it's only just the start which is the amazing thing.

Laird obviously disagrees with those who say not having a pre season doesn't make a difference.
It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 15:10 - Nov 1 with 1930 viewsonehunglow

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 15:07 - Nov 1 by Dr_Parnassus

We had our worst start to a campaign since the Bob Bradley era, performances were terrible, tactics all wrong, completely rudderless. Zero creativity.

Fans as a result were rightly unhappy and were naturally discussing why we were performing so poorly.

We have since made some changes and are playing better and those fans are now happier.

It really isn’t rocket science. This is not a new phenomenon, this is what has been true forever. I can’t fathom why people are pretending it isn’t.

If we return to those levels of performances again then the fans won’t be happy again and I’ll be among them, if we are playing excellently then fans will be happy and I’ll be among them too… that’s football.

The issue for me comes when fans are moaning despite winning most weeks. Yet that seemed perfectly acceptable on here last season, oddly. Does seem rather political.

Moaning at other fans who aren’t as sanguine

I’m not sure many other clubs suffer this spat.

It might be in our collective nature.

At least last game we didn’t have a ,..where are the doom and gloomers now.

All this positive posting makes me puke. It is utter drivel and meaningless

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 15:22 - Nov 1 with 1925 viewsDr_Parnassus

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 15:09 - Nov 1 by 34dfgdf54

"First and foremost, what Russ has done already considering he wasn't here in pre-season and with this style of play, it can take a couple of months to get hold of but he's doing brilliantly now.

"I know the fans are loving it, but it's only just the start which is the amazing thing.

Laird obviously disagrees with those who say not having a pre season doesn't make a difference.

Steve Cooper didn’t have a pre season with Forest. He and the Forest players also clearly disagree that it’s vital…

Pre seasons are important, not sure who says they aren’t. Any quotes from anyone?

I think what was said was many managers don’t have a pre season when they join clubs and they do perfectly fine. Not ideal, but not crippling.

History suggests that is the case too. I think all managers we have appointed mid season with no pre season have immediately done well for us. The only two that struggled were Bob Bradley and Russ.

Bradley didn’t turn it around in his 11 games. Martin seemingly has in his 15, but obviously don’t want to speak too soon. But as other managers have shown, no reason you can’t start well too, pre season or not.

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 15:23 - Nov 1 with 1923 views34dfgdf54

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 15:22 - Nov 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper didn’t have a pre season with Forest. He and the Forest players also clearly disagree that it’s vital…

Pre seasons are important, not sure who says they aren’t. Any quotes from anyone?

I think what was said was many managers don’t have a pre season when they join clubs and they do perfectly fine. Not ideal, but not crippling.

History suggests that is the case too. I think all managers we have appointed mid season with no pre season have immediately done well for us. The only two that struggled were Bob Bradley and Russ.

Bradley didn’t turn it around in his 11 games. Martin seemingly has in his 15, but obviously don’t want to speak too soon. But as other managers have shown, no reason you can’t start well too, pre season or not.

You just said not everything is about Steve and you've jumped straight in again obsessed with the bloke.

I'm not sure but I doubt Forest had half of their training facility closed with a breakout of Covid, and they still had Hughton and his staff working, we did not.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 15:25]
It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 15:27 - Nov 1 with 1913 views3swan

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 14:14 - Nov 1 by KeithHaynes

Pouring down.

Are you mainly on the plain. 😉
It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 15:35 - Nov 1 with 1888 viewsDr_Parnassus

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 15:23 - Nov 1 by 34dfgdf54

You just said not everything is about Steve and you've jumped straight in again obsessed with the bloke.

I'm not sure but I doubt Forest had half of their training facility closed with a breakout of Covid, and they still had Hughton and his staff working, we did not.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 15:25]

Not everything is about Cooper. But things that are about Cooper are, this is one.

He is the most obvious example when talking about a general topic such as “no pre season”.

So is your point Martin not having a pre season with the players, or the players not having a traditional one? It seems to have shifted very quickly between the two, and they are very different.

If your issue is that Martin didn’t have a pre season, then again I point you to Forest and Cooper and all our other previous managers who joined mid season and didn’t have one.

If your issue is that the players didn’t have a traditional one (they still had one), then that should have been rectified very quickly. We had two international breaks since then.

Not to mention that many of the players we signed had pre seasons with their clubs, Obafemi at Southampton, Ntcham was still training with Celtic etc etc this pre season stuff was certainly not ideal and absolutely an inconvenience, but not terminal.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 15:45]

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 16:21 - Nov 1 with 1829 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 15:27 - Nov 1 by 3swan

Are you mainly on the plain. 😉

On a bloody hill luckily mate 😂
I assume you will be there tomorrow, safe short travels 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 16:25 - Nov 1 with 1821 viewsCatullus

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 15:35 - Nov 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Not everything is about Cooper. But things that are about Cooper are, this is one.

He is the most obvious example when talking about a general topic such as “no pre season”.

So is your point Martin not having a pre season with the players, or the players not having a traditional one? It seems to have shifted very quickly between the two, and they are very different.

If your issue is that Martin didn’t have a pre season, then again I point you to Forest and Cooper and all our other previous managers who joined mid season and didn’t have one.

If your issue is that the players didn’t have a traditional one (they still had one), then that should have been rectified very quickly. We had two international breaks since then.

Not to mention that many of the players we signed had pre seasons with their clubs, Obafemi at Southampton, Ntcham was still training with Celtic etc etc this pre season stuff was certainly not ideal and absolutely an inconvenience, but not terminal.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 15:45]

Forest didn't have 9 new players and neither did any of our managers who joined mid season. There quite possibly no fitness concerns either.

You aren't allowed to rewrite the past either you know, when you say fans discussing, most of us accepted the early season performances as we worked through the changes, we accepted that the process wouldn't be instant and Martin needed time.

Some people were on Martins case from pretty much day one.

What was it you said, 3 wins in 4 isn't relevant, it's very relevant to current form, to our improved league position and how people feel about our manager. People are happy. Most of us said Martin needed time, gave him time and VOILA...

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 16:27 - Nov 1 with 1813 viewsonehunglow

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 16:25 - Nov 1 by Catullus

Forest didn't have 9 new players and neither did any of our managers who joined mid season. There quite possibly no fitness concerns either.

You aren't allowed to rewrite the past either you know, when you say fans discussing, most of us accepted the early season performances as we worked through the changes, we accepted that the process wouldn't be instant and Martin needed time.

Some people were on Martins case from pretty much day one.

What was it you said, 3 wins in 4 isn't relevant, it's very relevant to current form, to our improved league position and how people feel about our manager. People are happy. Most of us said Martin needed time, gave him time and VOILA...

Well count me out on that.
However being at Preston wasn’t good and it made me wonder as to just what was going on.

Things better now but a huge week awaits

It s about being calm ,so count me out .

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 16:28 - Nov 1 with 1816 viewsCatullus

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 13:37 - Nov 1 by KeithHaynes

And I will add.

There’s a link in there somewhere.😂

I was told any comparison with Fergie wasn't fair because Fergie had more success and Manyoo were drifting when he took over.

I still don't get that, Martin doesn't have the success behind him and he took over a team with 9 new players and can argue we hadn't started to drift having failed again in the play offs, having becoem unhappy with our style of play and a manager who didn't seem to want to be here anymore.

But still, not a fair cpmparison eh. I think it's very fair, the great Sir Alex Ferguson needed time but Martin didn't get that allowance from some.

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 16:41 - Nov 1 with 1806 views3swan

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 16:21 - Nov 1 by KeithHaynes

On a bloody hill luckily mate 😂
I assume you will be there tomorrow, safe short travels 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yes normal food time and then one side of the city to the other. 😏
It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 20:06 - Nov 1 with 1708 viewsWhiterockin

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 15:07 - Nov 1 by Dr_Parnassus

We're the true fans unhappy? The true fans I spoke to who follow us home and away were not unhappy. Supporters knew it would not be an instant fix a would take time. Its makes the recent results all the sweeter. So called fans who post their opinions without speaking to true Supporters face to face really don't know what the majority of the fan base feel.
It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 20:49 - Nov 1 with 1659 viewsBobblehat

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 15:22 - Nov 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper took over a Forest team that were under performing and low on confidence, on paper Forest have a decent team capable of reaching the playoffs.

Cooper didn’t have to rebuild an entire Forest team, all he had to do was tweak a few things and build confidence.

Russell Martin had to rebuild a team that lost a number of key players with no preseason and no time to get the new players to gel and understand a new philosophy.
It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 20:55 - Nov 1 with 1649 viewsWhiterockin

It’s nice to see the Russell Martin negative shouts disappearing on 20:49 - Nov 1 by Bobblehat

Steve Cooper took over a Forest team that were under performing and low on confidence, on paper Forest have a decent team capable of reaching the playoffs.

Cooper didn’t have to rebuild an entire Forest team, all he had to do was tweak a few things and build confidence.

Russell Martin had to rebuild a team that lost a number of key players with no preseason and no time to get the new players to gel and understand a new philosophy.

I'm sorry the down arrow was an error. Fat fingers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024