Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 16:10 - Sep 26 with 21169 viewsNotLoyal

The reason this is a thing
Swansea City head to south London on Wednesday undefeated in the last four games with three draws and a win. Fulham are going through a slight blip bit are favourites to take all the points in this game. Manager Marco Silva isn’t under any pressure as yet but if the swans do pull off a result as Reading did earlier in the month, then he may well start to feel some pressure.

Fulham facts and stuff
Fulham used to be in Kent before it was moved to ‘Sarf Landan’ It’s a friendly place, full of people who want to run antique shops and deli’s that open for an hour on a Sunday morning. Bananarama live inside Craven Cottage and have done so since the cruel summer of 1983. An example of how posh the area is - The Hurlingham, which famous for polo, golf and croquet with its Georgian clubhouse nestled amongst stunning 42 acre grounds is in Fulham. It has a fifteen year waiting list. This of course is a long time to wait for anything. Especially for a snobby English game called croquet, by the time you get a game bats will have changed design dramatically. And probably be made out of cheese. Fulham is an area belonging to an Anglo-Saxon area called Fulla, but rather than the usual 'ham' meaning homestead, this one was originally 'hamm', signifying a bend in the river. Nothing like a bend in your river. Clearly this is wrong as it’s now historically accepted that Fulham changed its name in 1954 after the great riots of greatness. The riots were remembered as being so great they were copied in 1982 in Brixton which at the time was in Bedford.

Pruton’s pear shaped prediction
“Fulham have just slipped a little in recent games in terms of results, and have at times looked a little less than the sum of their parts. It just proves how tough this league is, considering there was early talk of how they may well have run away with it. “Swansea got back to winning ways on Saturday with a narrow victory over Huddersfield. It will have done Russell Martin the world of good in what is surely a season of consolidation for them, but I think Fulham will have too much at Craven Cottage.”

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55887/fulham-v-swansea-c

Flynn gets down with the press

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55903/swansea-city-fall-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:42 - Sep 29 with 1272 viewsjasper_T

Few players downed tools second half. Laird. Paterson. Korey Smith never picks his up. No idea what Martin thinks he sees in him as a 10.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:44 - Sep 29 with 1243 views34dfgdf54

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:42 - Sep 29 by jasper_T

Few players downed tools second half. Laird. Paterson. Korey Smith never picks his up. No idea what Martin thinks he sees in him as a 10.

Thought we played very well against a very good side.

Difference was mitrovic.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:45 - Sep 29 with 1225 viewsmagicdaps10

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:41 - Sep 29 by Dr_Parnassus

we are living proof that it doesn’t work like that.

And there in tells you the story.... Imagine Mitrovic and Keebano in our team with the possession we have had in most games.

🤷‍♂️

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:46 - Sep 29 with 1223 viewsicecoldjack

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:33 - Sep 29 by onehunglow

free kick 5 mins to go.GrIMES gets it and it goes backwards

Yes, if Martin is going to keep playing ozzy ardiles football then hevjust as well play grimes at the back at least then theres a Good chance the ball may go forward !

The subbing off of downes was a mad one . Our football is generally getting better, but overall it looks like the manager doesnt know his best team , formation or tactics.

Lucky dip selections and a hope that something works seems to be the formula.
Onto the next one. Fulham are a Good team we arnt.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:47 - Sep 29 with 1208 viewsmagicdaps10

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:44 - Sep 29 by 34dfgdf54

Difference was mitrovic.

That quality player or 2 makes a massive difference.

Piroe has a lot of ability but Mitrovic is another level.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:48 - Sep 29 with 1196 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:35 - Sep 29 by magicdaps10

Agree with you on Grimes. Looked a superb player under Potter but what Cooper has done to him is just criminal.

So negative and safety first. We took the wrong player off - again. His one footed ness and Cabango’s one footedness really slowed down our attacks in the second half. Time to be brave and drop grimes Russ.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:49 - Sep 29 with 1182 viewslondonlisa2001

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:44 - Sep 29 by 34dfgdf54

Difference was mitrovic.

Fulham are a great side at this level and will go up.

We didn’t cause them to break sweat. Played very well?

People are deluding themselves in my opinion.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:50 - Sep 29 with 1174 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:35 - Sep 29 by WalterBoyd

Loyal, can you start the Derby matchday thread now please and let's put this behind us.

Why so negative? We had a lot of the ball especially second half and possibly could have drawn it. We are too slow in mind going forward in and around the box but we certainly didn’t embarrass ourselves.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:51 - Sep 29 with 1160 viewsonehunglow

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:48 - Sep 29 by Brynmill_Jack

So negative and safety first. We took the wrong player off - again. His one footed ness and Cabango’s one footedness really slowed down our attacks in the second half. Time to be brave and drop grimes Russ.

One footed
Cabango,Manning,Grimes.
And we have a "coach".

He is not the man IMO and I thought tonight would be a litmus test for us and so it proved to be.

Martin is a ---------.He is a poor judge of a player and no tactician.All he offers us is hot air. Friends,we have been kippered.

Utter Moron

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:51 - Sep 29 with 1166 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:42 - Sep 29 by jasper_T

Agree on Paterson and Laird but can't agree with Smith. Thought he did alright after he came on, his only problem as you say, is that he isn't a 10.

In the absence of Ntcham on Saturday I'd be tempted to drop Smith in next to Downes and start Fulton alongside Paterson. Offers a more of a goal threat and a bit more guile in forward areas.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:51 - Sep 29 with 1157 viewsjasper_T

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:46 - Sep 29 by icecoldjack

Yes, if Martin is going to keep playing ozzy ardiles football then hevjust as well play grimes at the back at least then theres a Good chance the ball may go forward !

The subbing off of downes was a mad one . Our football is generally getting better, but overall it looks like the manager doesnt know his best team , formation or tactics.

Lucky dip selections and a hope that something works seems to be the formula.
Onto the next one. Fulham are a Good team we arnt.

We took off a defensive midfielder for a strike when 3-1 down. Not sure how that's mad, other than Cullen being the striker when Whittaker is still at the club.

Looks to me like the manager knows his best team, but it isn't our best team. The system is naff, and we don't have the personnel for it even if it wasn't. It's like when Potter would experiment with unorthodox things like McBurnie left wing, DJ centre forward. Trying to be too clever, but at least Potter would recognise fault and revert to something sensible at half time.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:53 - Sep 29 with 1137 viewsjackrabbit

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:35 - Sep 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Mitrovic is a premier league striker who’s on fire in this league. Downes is a defensive midfielder.

I’m just emphasising the difference between the 2 sides. Let me just say, Laird’s setup pass would have been scored by Fulham. Nearly everything they sent towards our goal was on target. Hamer had a good game. Defensive midfielders need to be able to shoot as well as performing their defensive duties. He leaned back as he hit it.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:56 - Sep 29 with 1115 viewsDr_Parnassus

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:45 - Sep 29 by magicdaps10

And there in tells you the story.... Imagine Mitrovic and Keebano in our team with the possession we have had in most games.

🤷‍♂️

We don’t shoot, Mitrovic would be furious.

The point is we don’t have those players in our team. We should play to our strengths.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 21:57]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:56 - Sep 29 with 1114 viewsonehunglow

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:51 - Sep 29 by jasper_T

We took off a defensive midfielder for a strike when 3-1 down. Not sure how that's mad, other than Cullen being the striker when Whittaker is still at the club.

Looks to me like the manager knows his best team, but it isn't our best team. The system is naff, and we don't have the personnel for it even if it wasn't. It's like when Potter would experiment with unorthodox things like McBurnie left wing, DJ centre forward. Trying to be too clever, but at least Potter would recognise fault and revert to something sensible at half time.

Cullen the what? He aint no striker for sure. It is embarrassing for the lad.

I feel for him.

Work rate aint enough.

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:59 - Sep 29 with 1102 viewsguthrieintherain

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:01 - Sep 29 by Dr_Winston

I see Perchy is far more active tonight than he was on Saturday.

Disgusting.

I dont get him he slagged off Cooper all last season and has had the knives out all this.

You are right though a few on here post a lot more when we are losing which says a lot.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:59 - Sep 29 with 1094 viewsDr_Parnassus

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:49 - Sep 29 by londonlisa2001

Fulham are a great side at this level and will go up.

We didn’t cause them to break sweat. Played very well?

People are deluding themselves in my opinion.

Indeed, nobody can say we played well with a straight face.

We were outclassed everywhere. A lot of that was down to them genuinely being excellent, but we hardly made it difficult for them.

Had we lost 5-1 could we have complained?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:01 - Sep 29 with 1083 viewsjasper_T

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:51 - Sep 29 by LittleEnglandJack

Agree on Paterson and Laird but can't agree with Smith. Thought he did alright after he came on, his only problem as you say, is that he isn't a 10.

In the absence of Ntcham on Saturday I'd be tempted to drop Smith in next to Downes and start Fulton alongside Paterson. Offers a more of a goal threat and a bit more guile in forward areas.

Smith usually "does alright" because he passes responsibility. Always pointing, always talking, rarely puts himself into any tough situations. See the dummy late on when a brave player would have taken on the shot. Only got regular touches when we went two up front and they sat off ready to counter.

It's a real problem that we're reliant on Paterson to keep offering for the ball, trying to turn and get us moving forward, and for runs in behind when Piroe drops in as with our goal. Has shown so far he can only manage 45 minutes of it a game. Martin's system demands two players doing that work, and in the second half we had none.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:01 - Sep 29 with 1071 viewsonehunglow

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:59 - Sep 29 by guthrieintherain

I dont get him he slagged off Cooper all last season and has had the knives out all this.

You are right though a few on here post a lot more when we are losing which says a lot.

I have winston on ignore but I can guess what he has to say again.

It's all about personalities for him .Those that doubt him are insulted and his chums join in. Its been ever thus.

He knows best .

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:03 - Sep 29 with 1074 viewsjackrabbit

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:59 - Sep 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Indeed, nobody can say we played well with a straight face.

We were outclassed everywhere. A lot of that was down to them genuinely being excellent, but we hardly made it difficult for them.

Had we lost 5-1 could we have complained?

We played as well as we could with the players at our disposal. Fulham are a better team with better players. Forget it and move on.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:06 - Sep 29 with 1045 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:03 - Sep 29 by jackrabbit

We played as well as we could with the players at our disposal. Fulham are a better team with better players. Forget it and move on.

Rubbish. Reading won there two weeks ago and we have a far superior playing squad.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:07 - Sep 29 with 1037 viewsguthrieintherain

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:01 - Sep 29 by onehunglow

I have winston on ignore but I can guess what he has to say again.

It's all about personalities for him .Those that doubt him are insulted and his chums join in. Its been ever thus.

He knows best .

I am not his chum.dont know him just saying what I think.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:07 - Sep 29 with 1032 viewsjackrabbit

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:06 - Sep 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Rubbish. Reading won there two weeks ago and we have a far superior playing squad.

We do?
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:07 - Sep 29 with 1029 viewsicecoldjack

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:51 - Sep 29 by jasper_T

Downes is a better footballer than grimes, Martin didnt fancy taking off the captain, no point of putring on a striker when one of the guys pulling the strings behind will not move it quick or forward !
No point in chewing the fat about which position downes is, the formation is so fluid its hard to actually designate defind roles.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:09 - Sep 29 with 1014 viewsDr_Winston

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:59 - Sep 29 by guthrieintherain

It does. Sad cases.

Amusing that he's finally worked out how to put me on ignore. It's only taken him about ten years. That's if he actually has ignored me. Wouldn't be the first time he'd have claimed to have done so and then replied to the same person.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 22:09 - Sep 29 with 1011 viewsraynor94

Sickening isn't it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024