Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brilliant goalkeeping 19:40 - Jan 20 with 6133 viewswelwynranger

Haven't seen that for a while
Brilliant goalkeeping on 19:49 - Jan 20 with 4057 viewsStanisgod

Is his contract up soon, can we get two wrigleys and a conker for him now.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Brilliant goalkeeping on 20:58 - Jan 20 with 3954 viewsridethewave

Brilliant goalkeeping on 19:49 - Jan 20 by Stanisgod

Outstanding. What a difference it makes having such confidence and assurance behind your defence.
Brilliant goalkeeping on 21:00 - Jan 20 with 3916 viewsGloucs_R

Brilliant goalkeeping on 19:49 - Jan 20 by Stanisgod

Four more years
Four more years
Four more years

And no Donald in sight....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Brilliant goalkeeping on 21:02 - Jan 20 with 3876 viewsBlue_Castello

Easily MOM some fantastic saves, what a difference a really good keeper can make, Dieng has been brilliant this season....
Brilliant goalkeeping on 21:06 - Jan 20 with 3829 viewsQPRSteve

The way he has pretty much appeared from nowhere this season makes me wonder if there are any more hidden gems at the club waiting to be unleashed.
Brilliant goalkeeping on 21:12 - Jan 20 with 3707 viewspaulparker

Makes a huge difference, I said last season that a good keeper saves you points when discussing lumley and his mistakes , that double save tonight and against Luton has saved us points

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brilliant goalkeeping on 21:14 - Jan 20 with 3688 viewsstephen57

Brilliant goalkeeping on 21:06 - Jan 20 by QPRSteve

The way he has pretty much appeared from nowhere this season makes me wonder if there are any more hidden gems at the club waiting to be unleashed.

He isn't from nowhere. We've just been happy to leave him out on loan - last season at Doncaster - while we watched serial mistakes from Lumley/Kelly.

I can't believe Warburton could have even looked at him.
Brilliant goalkeeping on 21:24 - Jan 20 with 3574 viewsHunterhoop

Brilliant goalkeeping on 21:12 - Jan 20 by paulparker

Makes a huge difference, I said last season that a good keeper saves you points when discussing lumley and his mistakes , that double save tonight and against Luton has saved us points

Dieng was superb tonight. MoTM AND player of the season so far.

You raise and interesting point. Criticism and questioning of Lumley and his place in the team last year was entirely reasonable. The nature of it was not.

Dieng is showing that if a player plays well they get praise. In the same way some criticism is OTT so is some praise, although broadly criticism is more exaggerated than praise.

Nevertheless, Lumley’s performances weren’t good enough. He cost us points and deserved to be dropped. I’d also argue he did not deserve to be recalled over Kelly. But we need to remember to keep the criticism fair and reasonable.

Dieng is doing fantastically well. But his form will drop and he’ll make mistakes but he’s shown he has the talent to succeed not just at this level but the level above too, so we need to keep that criticism balanced. FWIW, I don’t think Lumley ever played this well consistently for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Brilliant goalkeeping on 21:37 - Jan 20 with 3466 viewsdavman

Best 'keeper since, er, that bloke in the other goal tonight.

So unlike Smithies to let Willock's shot get through him tonight...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Brilliant goalkeeping on 21:57 - Jan 20 with 3384 viewsbosh67

He is definitely the best keeper since Smithies. We have to do whatever we can to keep him for at least another season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Brilliant goalkeeping on 21:58 - Jan 20 with 3368 viewsflynnbo

Simply outstanding tonight. He had slipped just before the double save as well.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 22:09]
Brilliant goalkeeping on 22:21 - Jan 20 with 3196 viewsLoftgirl

Brilliant goalkeeping on 21:06 - Jan 20 by QPRSteve

Marco Harboe Ramkilde?
Brilliant goalkeeping on 22:22 - Jan 20 with 3187 viewsLongsufferingR

The shot from just outside the box came through so many legs that I can't believe he even saw it never mind saving it. Absolutely outstanding save.
Brilliant goalkeeping on 22:24 - Jan 20 with 3166 viewsSimonJames

Brilliant goalkeeping on 21:57 - Jan 20 by bosh67

He is definitely the best keeper since Smithies. We have to do whatever we can to keep him for at least another season.

Be lucky to keep him past the end of this month...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Brilliant goalkeeping on 22:26 - Jan 20 with 3140 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.skysports.com/football/cardiff-vs-qpr/report/430001

As dramatic as they were, both were standard saves. Dieng displayed core strength and alertness to rebound twice. If either had gone in, he would have been disappointed. He's at that level.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Brilliant goalkeeping on 22:49 - Jan 20 with 3033 viewsdavman

Brilliant goalkeeping on 22:26 - Jan 20 by BrianMcCarthy

As dramatic as they were, both were standard saves. Dieng displayed core strength and alertness to rebound twice. If either had gone in, he would have been disappointed. He's at that level.

That double save was NOT "Standard", Bri - look at it again. He had to pick himself up as he dived to stop one that didn't get through, was clearly starting to move the other way when the first one came through. It was really travelling and he'd have seen it late.

A hell of a performance; not just good shot stopping, but I do not remember him mis-kicking ANY clearance tonight - helluva game!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Brilliant goalkeeping on 07:26 - Jan 21 with 2758 viewsdenhamhoop2

Kind of reminds me of when Smithies came in after a year and half of Robert Greens gaffs and after 3 or 4 games you're thinking how the hell did he not start before this.
Brilliant goalkeeping on 07:28 - Jan 21 with 2754 viewshoops_legend

Standard save? People have no idea how hard goalkeeping is and as QPR fans we really should appreciate it given our past

His double save was the equivalent of a 35 yard stunner which we would have been praising for weeks and months and shown on YouTube all our friends and family. The keeper just gets a pat on the back usually

It's good to see people acknowledge him in this thread.

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Brilliant goalkeeping on 07:35 - Jan 21 with 2744 viewsGloucs_R

Disagree, his reactions were superb for the double save. Additionally, the ball came through a crowd of players.

He's got everything you need from a keeper. Now just needs games to add to his experience.

We need to be careful though...Butland was once touted to be worth £20m and a loss of form meant he ended up leaving for £1m. Crazy when you consider that. So, if a good offer comes in we'd need to consider it. But what could a championship keeper be worth in this climate?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 8:00]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Brilliant goalkeeping on 07:41 - Jan 21 with 2733 viewsbakerloo8

Brilliant goalkeeping on 07:35 - Jan 21 by Gloucs_R

Disagree, his reactions were superb for the double save. Additionally, the ball came through a crowd of players.

He's got everything you need from a keeper. Now just needs games to add to his experience.

We need to be careful though...Butland was once touted to be worth £20m and a loss of form meant he ended up leaving for £1m. Crazy when you consider that. So, if a good offer comes in we'd need to consider it. But what could a championship keeper be worth in this climate?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 8:00]

Absolutely on point here.

Dieng has been massive, easily POTY so far for me, and hope he stays at the club for years.

I'm a realist though, and as a keeper you're only as good as your last mistake and transfer values can plummet overnight
If his value is 8-10m this January, then I'd be inclined to cash in.
Brilliant goalkeeping on 08:08 - Jan 21 with 2658 viewsstevec

Brilliant goalkeeping on 21:24 - Jan 20 by Hunterhoop

Dieng was superb tonight. MoTM AND player of the season so far.

You raise and interesting point. Criticism and questioning of Lumley and his place in the team last year was entirely reasonable. The nature of it was not.

Dieng is showing that if a player plays well they get praise. In the same way some criticism is OTT so is some praise, although broadly criticism is more exaggerated than praise.

Nevertheless, Lumley’s performances weren’t good enough. He cost us points and deserved to be dropped. I’d also argue he did not deserve to be recalled over Kelly. But we need to remember to keep the criticism fair and reasonable.

Dieng is doing fantastically well. But his form will drop and he’ll make mistakes but he’s shown he has the talent to succeed not just at this level but the level above too, so we need to keep that criticism balanced. FWIW, I don’t think Lumley ever played this well consistently for us.

Think reasonable criticism is directed at the individual, ‘unreasonable’ criticism arises when it appears the club management carry on as if nothings gone wrong. Criticism of Lumley went up a level when Warbs seemed to play him irrespective of the collateral damage, it comes mostly from frustration rather than an animosity towards the player concerned. I honestly think if Rob Green hadn’t spoken about Lumleys set up, what a lot of supporters were thinking, Dieng would still be keeping for Doncaster Rovers.

Dieng looks like a keeper, positions like a keeper and saves like a keeper. They’ll be mistakes like Seaman and Parkes before him but the fundamentals are all there.
Brilliant goalkeeping on 08:14 - Jan 21 with 2648 viewsdublinr

I don't think Brian was being disparaging. I think he meant that dieng has played so well and so consistently this season that he has set himself a very high standard, and for that reason would have been disappointed if he'd conceded there.

Brilliant goalkeeping on 08:29 - Jan 21 with 2604 viewsPhildo

I thought Smithies could have done a little better with the goal given his standard.

It is tempting to think we could have had a run at the play offs last year with SD in goal but loaning him out got him to the level he is now so we will never know. Certainly putting this years Dieng and Dickie into last years team would have made us a unit.
Brilliant goalkeeping on 08:29 - Jan 21 with 2603 viewsdistortR

Brilliant goalkeeping on 08:14 - Jan 21 by dublinr

I don't think Brian was being disparaging. I think he meant that dieng has played so well and so consistently this season that he has set himself a very high standard, and for that reason would have been disappointed if he'd conceded there.

That's how I read it, a reflection on Dieng's performance levels.
Brilliant goalkeeping on 08:40 - Jan 21 with 2549 viewspaulparker

Brilliant goalkeeping on 22:21 - Jan 20 by Loftgirl

Marco Harboe Ramkilde?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024